Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

Poll

What should be the next primary goal?

Combat drugs, chemistry, venoms and antidotes
Domestic robots (healers, cleaners, cyberdogs, robobrain)
Overhaul of good areas (terraformed)
New semimegabeast and megabeast types
Secrets and mutations (vampires, pyromancy, telekinesis etc)
More minor races (slavers, treeminders, evil ghouls)
More industry (concrete factory, cryogenics, trading post)
Advanced adventure mode crafting
Post-war geology (concrete, debris, radioactive waste, stashes)
Dfhack (poisoned weapons, companion order, other plugins)

Pages: 1 [2] 3 4 ... 56

Author Topic: [0.34.x] FALLOUT MOD || Post-apocalypse || A nuclear adventure!  (Read 126116 times)

Findulidas

• Bay Watcher
  • [NATURAL_SKILL:OFFTOPIC:5][NOTHOUGHT]
    • View Profile
Re: [0.34.11] ☢ FALLOUT MOD ☢ [1.0] - new poll to influence development
« Reply #15 on: February 06, 2013, 04:03:58 pm »

My next adventurer wasnt as low on fps for some reason, maybe it had to do with weather I cannot say.

Outsiders may start in any town. Supermutants are only friendly to other supermutants from the same town. They will attack anyone else.

Fair enough, I guess that means its a failure in vanilla df and because such a incident doesnt occur there he hasnt fixed it or made it possible for modders to work around it.
...wonderful memories of the creeping sense of dread...

Deon

• Bay Watcher
  • 💀 💀 💀 💀 💀
    • View Profile
« Reply #16 on: February 06, 2013, 04:17:06 pm »

It WOULD occur if we had Dark Fortresses, but we don't. We only see goblin bandits.

I've made supermutants to live in towns because it's not fun to visit nonexistant locations in adventure mode.
▬(ஜ۩۞۩ஜ)▬
✫ DF Wanderer ✫ - the adventure mode crafting and tweaks
✫ Cartographer's Lounge ✫ - a custom worldgen repository

JediaKyrol

• Bay Watcher
  • I have no idea what I am doing...
    • View Profile
« Reply #17 on: February 06, 2013, 05:50:20 pm »

gah! couldn't decide on vote...

Vherid

• Bay Watcher
  • [CREATURE:SLARK]
    • View Profile
« Reply #18 on: February 06, 2013, 06:14:33 pm »

Im actually still open to making you a tileset for this, just have been super busy all the time, I'll start piecing stuff together soon. What size would you want? 9x9 is looking pretty good with my new plague set, with a nice 2x up to 18x18. Or rather a better question might be if you still want a specific set for this mod, which of mine do you want it closest to look like?
« Last Edit: February 06, 2013, 06:19:09 pm by Vherid »

Putnam

• Bay Watcher
  • DAT WIZARD
    • View Profile
Re: [0.34.11] ☢ FALLOUT MOD ☢ [1.0] - new poll
« Reply #19 on: February 06, 2013, 06:45:06 pm »

"Creeper is an unknown mutated insect. This eyeless blah blah blah.." Needs an A at the beginning maybe?  At least that's the way I write it. @_@

"Creepers are an unknown mutated insect" etc. Better to keep whole species plural, if you refer to them by name in the description. If you don't, try to describe the invididual animal:

Dwarf: "A short, sturdy creature fond of drink and industry."

If you're going to write it the way creepers do, you would do it this way:

Dwarf: "Dwarves are short, sturdy creatures fond of drink and industry."

Chewy2007

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #20 on: February 06, 2013, 07:18:15 pm »

Hey Deon did you notice that on the title screen it says 34.10? It looks like you've accidentally downgraded the version of DF your mod runs on.

Deon

• Bay Watcher
  • 💀 💀 💀 💀 💀
    • View Profile
« Reply #21 on: February 06, 2013, 11:59:19 pm »

Im actually still open to making you a tileset for this, just have been super busy all the time, I'll start piecing stuff together soon. What size would you want? 9x9 is looking pretty good with my new plague set, with a nice 2x up to 18x18. Or rather a better question might be if you still want a specific set for this mod, which of mine do you want it closest to look like?
I really want a specific tileset, but it should be unique in a way if you don't mind. I won't use "special" symbols (those which are not hardcoded and are not text) as they are, I need at least one radiation sign, also I want different "faces" if it's possible, one for male and one for female vault dwellers (2nd tile is for male, somewhere else for female). I can always do that little alteration myself though, so not a big deal, I am mostly interested in the tileset itself and if you can make it post-apoc looking, it would be awesome. 12x12 or 16x16 are the best for my taste.

Hey Deon did you notice that on the title screen it says 34.10? It looks like you've accidentally downgraded the version of DF your mod runs on.
I forgot to update core files >.<. Thank you very much, I will release a fix in a moment.
▬(ஜ۩۞۩ஜ)▬

Deon

• Bay Watcher
  • 💀 💀 💀 💀 💀
    • View Profile
Re: [0.34.11] ☢ FALLOUT MOD ☢ [1.1] - new poll to influence development
« Reply #22 on: February 07, 2013, 12:17:41 am »

Fallout Mod 1.1
- Save compatible update.
- Actually updated to 0.34.11.
- Dust storms no longer pause and recenter the screen.
- Fixed EXE with binary edits to address vanilla bugs:
--- Long patrol duty thoughts accumulate from all squad orders, including training
--- Dwarven caravan brought silver crossbow, ITEMS_WEAPON_RANGED ignored in world gen
--- Vermin can only escape from artifact animal traps
--- Fish in aquariums interfere with vermin behavior checks
--- Military dwarves turn off all of their labors when becoming heroes
--- Diplomats don't bring bodyguards
--- Deconstructing walls teleport material to location
▬(ஜ۩۞۩ஜ)▬

Vherid

• Bay Watcher
  • [CREATURE:SLARK]
    • View Profile
« Reply #23 on: February 07, 2013, 12:31:06 am »

I really want a specific tileset, but it should be unique in a way if you don't mind. I won't use "special" symbols (those which are not hardcoded and are not text) as they are, I need at least one radiation sign, also I want different "faces" if it's possible, one for male and one for female vault dwellers (2nd tile is for male, somewhere else for female). I can always do that little alteration myself though, so not a big deal, I am mostly interested in the tileset itself and if you can make it post-apoc looking, it would be awesome. 12x12 or 16x16 are the best for my taste.

Well there's plenty of empty spaces to easily place a radiation symbol, and an extra face or so.

Putnam

• Bay Watcher
  • DAT WIZARD
    • View Profile
« Reply #24 on: February 07, 2013, 12:38:42 am »

I would just use graphics for that...

Corai

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #25 on: February 07, 2013, 12:48:31 am »

For some reason, I am unable to get any civs aside from ghouls, cannibals, Master's army and Vault Citizens to spawn. None of the others spawn at all. Is there a way to correct this?
Jacob/Lee: you have a heart made of fluffy
Jeykab/Bee: how the fuck do you live your daily life corai
Jeykab/Bee: you seem like the person who constantly has mini heart attacks because cuuuute

Deon

• Bay Watcher
  • 💀 💀 💀 💀 💀
    • View Profile
« Reply #26 on: February 07, 2013, 02:01:08 am »

You cannot use graphics to differentiate genders. It's an ASCII-only feature.

For some reason, I am unable to get any civs aside from ghouls, cannibals, Master's army and Vault Citizens to spawn. None of the others spawn at all. Is there a way to correct this?
Did you check legends? Others are skulking races, it means they live underground in caves and caverns so you cannot see their settlements. You can still find raider caves for example if you play adventure mode, and they will raid your settlement.
▬(ஜ۩۞۩ஜ)▬

DarthBoogalo

• Bay Watcher
  • Wicked.
    • View Profile
« Reply #27 on: February 07, 2013, 05:34:20 pm »

Should vault citizens be denting? I had a security chief that was wrestling(and got to high master wrestler doing so) radroaches. He came out with dented body parts. Most healed except for the head, upper and lower body. He was one of those unusually tough vault citizens. But.. unsure if it's intentional. >_>

Putnam

• Bay Watcher
  • DAT WIZARD
    • View Profile
« Reply #28 on: February 07, 2013, 05:56:28 pm »

You cannot use graphics to differentiate genders. It's an ASCII-only feature.

Ah--I missed the caste part. Thought you were talking about an entire creature using a special tile. I did that with Fortbent--god tiers get graphics, everything else is ASCII. The graphics are representative tiles, so it's not very jarring.

Deon

• Bay Watcher
  • 💀 💀 💀 💀 💀
    • View Profile
« Reply #29 on: February 07, 2013, 10:42:26 pm »

Should vault citizens be denting? I had a security chief that was wrestling(and got to high master wrestler doing so) radroaches. He came out with dented body parts. Most healed except for the head, upper and lower body. He was one of those unusually tough vault citizens. But.. unsure if it's intentional. >_>
It must be the skin, I reworked a lot of material values to make weapons more deadly, and as a side effect is a fragile skin. I will work on changing some material values soon to cause more realistic fire damage and I will address this issue.
▬(ஜ۩۞۩ஜ)▬
Pages: 1 [2] 3 4 ... 56