Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: [1] 2

Author Topic: Any Skyrim modders out there?  (Read 3561 times)

Zaerosz

• Bay Watcher
  • ☼sperm whale leather thong☼
    • View Profile
Any Skyrim modders out there?
« on: February 06, 2013, 01:35:04 am »

I have two-point-five mods I'm working on (an expanded jewelry mod and an expanded alchemy mod, the latter of which will have a Hearthfire-only expansion) and all of them have some issue or another. I could really use some help with each of them.

Issue the first: Copper, in the expanded jewelry mod, does not appear anywhere in game - its mining spots do not offer any ore, as if they've already been mined, and no vendors stock copper ore or ingots. In addition, no copper jewelry can be found anywhere ingame. I cannot find any reason for these - I've followed the official tutorials to the letter, I can't find any significant differences between what I've created and what's already ingame (the new gems in this mod and the new alchemy ingredients in the other mod appear fine and function perfectly), and the recipes at the smelter and forge appear as intended. I haven't found any of the custom jewelry I created yet (e.g. silver jade rings) but I can make them easily.

Issue the second: I have no idea how magnitudes of alchemy effects function whatsoever, and I can't find any obvious correlation between the magnitude and the output except that (obviously) more magnitude = more effect.

Issue the third: I need someone with a working knowledge of Papyrus scripting and the Hearthfire DLC to help me edit the Fertile Soil script (BYOHPlanterSoilScript) so that when you have a certain item (PotionEarthBlood) in your inventory and activate the empty soil patch (BYOHPlanterSoil), you can choose whether to plant things as usual or use one of said items to convert the Fertile Soil to a patch of Blooded Soil (BYOHPlanterSoilBloody) which offers a different list of plantable ingredients (flPlanterPlantableItemBloody, flPlanterPlantedFloraBloody), and can be converted back to Fertile Soil, though you don't get the item back.

Issue the fourth (optional, not recommended, probably not worth your time): I need models and textures for the aforementioned new plants. Currently I'm intending to just use a placeholder plant - a base plant with the ingredients just hanging off it - but eventually I'll need proper models, e.g. a small tree with slaughterfish scales for bark, with a secondary texture with patches of scales missing for when you've harvested from it.

Apologies if this seems unclear at all, I'm still new to this.

EDIT: I suppose I should clarify what these mods actually are.
  • The first is an extended jewellery mod, including craftable circlets, copper metal, onyx, jade and moonstone gems, and (eventually) craftable bracelets and anklets with unique equip slots.
  • The second is an alchemy mod, introducing new ingredients for each playable species besides the various humans (e.g. Orc Tusks, Khajiit Eyes, Argonian Scales), as well as many other ingredients (e.g. the rare and coveted Dragon Heart, at a 1% drop from any dragon) and altered drop rates/tables, e.g. humans drop human hearts and human flesh, giants drop two toes instead of just one etc.
  • The expansion for said alchemy mod requires Hearthfire, and includes a quest that rewards you with a certain number of bottles of Blood of the Earth each day which, when applied to Fertile Soil in your Hearthfire houses, will allow you to plant a range of body part ingredients, e.g. human hearts, bone meal, draugr flesh, slaughterfish scales. These patches of Blooded Soil can be reverted to Fertile Soil when empty (but you won't get your Blood of the Earth back).
« Last Edit: February 07, 2013, 03:35:12 am by Zaerosz »
くコ:彡

MaximumZero

• Bay Watcher
  • Stare into the abyss.
    • View Profile
Re: Any Skyrim modders out there?
« Reply #1 on: February 06, 2013, 02:04:55 am »

I am no modder, but I am posting to watch.

Holy crap, why did I not start watching One Punch Man earlier? This is the best thing.
probably figured an autobiography wouldn't be interesting

Zaerosz

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: February 07, 2013, 03:35:28 am »

Issue the first has been resolved.

Ultimuh

• Bay Watcher
  • BOOM! Avatar gone! (for now)
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: February 07, 2013, 03:41:47 am »

I am not that experienced with modding, with the exception of putting stuff in chests and creating NPCs (altough the dialogue thing keeps confounding me).
« Last Edit: February 07, 2013, 03:58:36 am by Ultimuh »

Sigulbard

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: February 07, 2013, 03:55:49 am »

You should probably head over to the Nexus forums or something. Here is not a good place to find Skyrim modding help.
« Last Edit: February 07, 2013, 05:26:45 am by Sigulbard »

MaximumZero

• Bay Watcher
  • Stare into the abyss.
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: February 07, 2013, 09:31:11 am »

I am not that experienced with modding, with the exception of putting stuff in chests and creating NPCs (altough the dialogue thing keeps confounding me).
How does one go about making an NPC? Girlfriend wants to have me as a follower.

Holy crap, why did I not start watching One Punch Man earlier? This is the best thing.

Ultimuh

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #6 on: February 07, 2013, 09:53:56 am »

Well it's tricky for me to explain, and I dont know much but the most basic things.
When I said 'make an NPC', I meant adding a new NPC and giving him/her some equipment.
Other than that, I am not much of a modder as I said.

If you have the creation kit, it should not be too difficult adding stuff.
« Last Edit: February 07, 2013, 09:55:31 am by Ultimuh »

MaximumZero

• Bay Watcher
  • Stare into the abyss.
    • View Profile
« Reply #7 on: February 07, 2013, 11:29:49 am »

Hmm...I may have to look into it. I wonder if I can do vocal dialog? Hehehe.

Ultimuh

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #8 on: February 07, 2013, 11:43:42 am »

Hmm...I may have to look into it. I wonder if I can do vocal dialog? Hehehe.

I am sure you can find help by googling for various tutorials or something.

MaximumZero

• Bay Watcher
  • Stare into the abyss.
    • View Profile
« Reply #9 on: February 07, 2013, 11:45:43 am »

Indeed I have. http://www.creationkit.com/Category:Tutorials looks pretty good, at first glance.

Zaerosz

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #10 on: February 07, 2013, 03:16:11 pm »

You should probably head over to the Nexus forums or something. Here is not a good place to find Skyrim modding help.
I just figured I'd check here first, since you guys are basically the most polite and helpful bunch I've ever encountered on the interwebs. I'll head over there next.

Ultimuh

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #11 on: February 07, 2013, 04:16:15 pm »

I just figured I'd check here first, since you guys are basically the most polite and helpful bunch I've ever encountered on the interwebs. I'll head over there next.

Well we just aren't exactly specialized in ELDER SCROLLS modding.

Zaerosz

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #12 on: February 07, 2013, 04:18:48 pm »

Well we just aren't exactly specialized in ELDER SCROLLS modding.
Yeah, I know, but I still thought it might be worth a try. Besides, I like dealing with you guys. You're polite and you don't blast my face off with rage like some other forums I've been to.

Zaerosz

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #13 on: February 12, 2013, 06:06:32 pm »

Update: The Nexus forums are absolutely pathetic. Two different topics in five days and not even a single reply. I am so very disappointed.

Ultimuh

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #14 on: February 12, 2013, 07:00:02 pm »

Well, try Steam's Skyrim forums?
And I am sure there are other forums as well deling with Skyrim Mods.
Pages: [1] 2