Michelle Bachmann
- 13 (12%)
Chris Christie
- 23 (21.3%)
Rand Paul
- 49 (45.4%)

Total Members Voted: 107

Pages: 1 ... 428 429 [430] 431 432 ... 667

Author Topic: Bay12 Election Night Watch Party  (Read 757107 times)

Baffler

• Bay Watcher
  • Caveat Lector.
    • View Profile
Re: Emperor Norton's Imperial Politics Megathread
« Reply #6435 on: April 02, 2014, 09:56:44 pm »

Hail Emperor!
Quote from: Helgoland
Even if you found a suitable opening, I doubt it would prove all too satisfying. And it might leave some nasty wounds, depending on the moral high ground's geology.
Location subject to periodic change.
Baffler likes silver, walnut trees, the color green, tanzanite, and dogs for their loyalty. When possible he prefers to consume beef, iced tea, and cornbread. He absolutely detests ticks.

mainiac

• Bay Watcher
  • Na vazeal kwah-kai
    • View Profile
« Reply #6436 on: April 02, 2014, 10:05:57 pm »

It seems resistance is pointless, I for one welcome our new vagrant overlord.
Ancient Babylonian god of RAEG
--------------
[CAN_INTERNET]
[PREFSTRING:google]
"Don't tell me what you value. Show me your budget and I will tell you what you value"
« Last Edit: February 10, 1988, 03:27:23 pm by UR MOM »
mainiac is always a little sarcastic, at least.

Descan

• Bay Watcher
  • [HEADING INTENSIFIES]
    • View Profile
« Reply #6437 on: April 02, 2014, 10:14:14 pm »

He wasn't a vagrant, the whole city was his palace.
Quote from: SalmonGod
Your innocent viking escapades for canadian social justice and immortality make my flagellum wiggle, too.
Quote from: Myroc
Descan confirmed for antichrist.
Quote from: LeoLeonardoIII
I wonder if any of us don't love Descan.

nenjin

• Bay Watcher
  • Inscrubtable Exhortations of the Soul
    • View Profile
« Reply #6438 on: April 03, 2014, 04:10:49 pm »

He wasn't a vagrant, the whole city was his palace.

Living large, as it were.

Also I just spent 10 minutes looking for this thread because of the title change, and have come to appreciate exactly how many regional political threads we actually have.
Cautivo del Milagro seamos, Penitente.
Quote from: Viktor Frankl
When we are no longer able to change a situation, we are challenged to change ourselves.
Quote from: Sindain
Its kinda silly to complain that a friendly NPC isn't a well designed boss fight.
Quote from: Eric Blank
How will I cheese now assholes?
Quote from: MrRoboto75
Always spaghetti, never forghetti

FearfulJesuit

• Bay Watcher
  • True neoliberalism has never been tried
    • View Profile
« Reply #6439 on: April 06, 2014, 01:29:57 pm »

Interesting story in WaPo today about the unemployment problem. It's stuff like this that (pardon me for over-conservatism) makes me sometimes wonder whether there's an unemployment problem at all- that's not to say that there aren't areas that are seriously depressed, or that there are people who just can't find jobs, but overall, I wonder if we're overhyping it. There was a cookie and biscuit factory here in Oklahoma that actually had to open a plant in Poland because it couldn't find people who could do double-digit multiplication and unit conversion. I mean...really?

@Footjob, you can microwave most grains I've tried pretty easily through the microwave, even if they aren't packaged for it.

Sheb

• Bay Watcher
  • You Are An Avatar
    • View Profile
« Reply #6440 on: April 06, 2014, 02:04:58 pm »

So people put plant in stupid place, can't find worker?

Quote from: Paul-Henry Spaak
Europe consists only of small countries, some of which know it and some of which don’t yet.

FearfulJesuit

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #6441 on: April 06, 2014, 02:11:20 pm »

So people put plant in stupid place, can't find worker?

It isn't a stupid place, though, these are well-populated areas. The guy in the article couldn't find people willing to show up to the interviews for a high-paying manufacturing job with good benefits and high wages, and here in Oklahoma they couldn't find people who could do grade-school mathematics, so they had to relocate the factory to Poland. I'm just not sure why people are complaining about a nation-wide unemployment issue when stories like this are the story of the day. I mean, yes, there are economically depressed areas, and there are people who are getting shafted by the labor market, but if you can't convert cups to quarts or do long division, that's your own problem, not the economy's.

@Footjob, you can microwave most grains I've tried pretty easily through the microwave, even if they aren't packaged for it.

Sheb

• Bay Watcher
  • You Are An Avatar
    • View Profile
« Reply #6442 on: April 06, 2014, 02:25:11 pm »

Fram the article, he was asking for management positions in a shithole with 1400 inhabitants. In any city's suburbs he'd find people in a heartbeat, but no, cheap land.

Quote from: Paul-Henry Spaak
Europe consists only of small countries, some of which know it and some of which don’t yet.

mainiac

• Bay Watcher
  • Na vazeal kwah-kai
    • View Profile
« Reply #6443 on: April 06, 2014, 03:12:50 pm »

It isn't a stupid place, though, these are well-populated areas. The guy in the article couldn't find people willing to show up to the interviews for a high-paying manufacturing job with good benefits and high wages,

No, he found people falling over themselves for the chances he wanted but he was prejudiced and dismissed them out of hand for inane reasons.  This isn't a story of a skills mismatch, it's a story of an incompetent not understanding how to hire people.  Odds are that one of the people he dismissed for superficial reasons would have been better then the candidate he settled on out of desperation.
Ancient Babylonian god of RAEG
--------------
[CAN_INTERNET]
[PREFSTRING:google]
"Don't tell me what you value. Show me your budget and I will tell you what you value"
« Last Edit: February 10, 1988, 03:27:23 pm by UR MOM »
mainiac is always a little sarcastic, at least.

Descan

• Bay Watcher
  • [HEADING INTENSIFIES]
    • View Profile
« Reply #6444 on: April 06, 2014, 03:31:26 pm »

The cheap land might have been a factor, but I think it was also because it was close to the source of eggs that they chose it. :v
Your innocent viking escapades for canadian social justice and immortality make my flagellum wiggle, too.

FearfulJesuit

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #6445 on: April 06, 2014, 08:54:27 pm »

Spoiler: God bless. (click to show/hide)

This doesn't really have anything to do with anything, but I felt it belonged here. Murrica.

MetalSlimeHunt

• Bay Watcher
  • Gerrymander Commander
    • View Profile
« Reply #6446 on: April 06, 2014, 09:03:51 pm »

I don't know why you're posting it here, the billboard clearly says the offer is to be redeemed in Stuttgart.
Quote from: Thomas Paine
To argue with a man who has renounced the use and authority of reason, and whose philosophy consists in holding humanity in contempt, is like administering medicine to the dead, or endeavoring to convert an atheist by scripture.
No Gods, No Masters.

Lord Shonus

• Bay Watcher
  • Angle of Death
    • View Profile
« Reply #6447 on: April 06, 2014, 09:09:15 pm »

That happens to be a really scammy offer anyway. Benelli's a high-end brand, but they still tend to be cheaper than diamonds.
On Giant In the Playground and Something Awful I am Gnoman.
Man, ninja'd by a potentially inebriated Lord Shonus. I was gonna say to burn it.

Descan

• Bay Watcher
  • [HEADING INTENSIFIES]
    • View Profile
« Reply #6448 on: April 06, 2014, 09:40:37 pm »

I always figured those were more of a "If you're gonna be buying a diamond ANYWAY, might as well come to US instead of the other guy, and get a shotgun on top of it!" advertisement, rather than a "Hey, you know what you need? A diamond. And to go with your new diamond, we'll even give you a shotgun!"

... Still fuckin' weird, though.

Darvi

• Bay Watcher
  • <Cript> Darvi is my wifi.
    • View Profile
« Reply #6449 on: April 06, 2014, 09:54:23 pm »

The way I figure their logic is, if you're gonna make a present for your significant other, might as well make yourself happy while you're at it.

Wait a second

Shotgun weddings
Pages: 1 ... 428 429 [430] 431 432 ... 667