Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

Poll

Consider this: Gregor and Derick have a duel with same quality weapons (Iron, for example) and in neutral conditions (no terrain, supports and so on). On whom you would bet?

Derick the Swordmaster of Doom
Gregor the Tanky Stab-Sentinel

Pages: 1 ... 1059 1060 [1061] 1062 1063 ... 1249

Author Topic: Fire Emblem on Forums (FEF), OOC Thread: FEF1 has been Finished!  (Read 852963 times)

SeriousConcentrate

• Bay Watcher
  • The Hollow Street Hero
    • View Profile
Re: Fire Emblem on Forums (FEF), OOC Thread: Final Chapter begins!
« Reply #15900 on: December 18, 2013, 01:19:42 pm »

It's all good. I'm just fooling around while I have time. I have to leave the house for work at like 1:30, so... >.<
SerCon Shorts: This Is How You Do It - Twenty-three one minute or less videos of random stupidity in AC:U, Bloodborne, DS2:SotFS, Salt & Sanctuary, and The Witcher 3.

Praefectus Screptum

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #15901 on: December 18, 2013, 01:32:56 pm »

Well. Because of Tantallos's personal fault, I can try two things, hit the Bishop with Luna (With some luck..) or go with Elwind and tickle him.

Sirus

• Bay Watcher
  • Resident trucker/goddess/ex-president.
    • View Profile
« Reply #15902 on: December 18, 2013, 01:34:25 pm »

We can try to have Charlotte take out the Bishop, or she can continue to plink away at the druid I guess.
Quote from: Max White
And lo! Sirus did drive his mighty party truck unto Vegas, and it was good.

Star Wars: Age of Rebellion OOC Thread

Shadow of the Demon Lord - OOC Thread - IC Thread

IronyOwl

• Bay Watcher
  • Nope~
    • View Profile
« Reply #15903 on: December 18, 2013, 02:55:44 pm »

Never fear, my GLORIOUS SUMMONS shall defeat that bishop.

At a 40% chance for 9 damage, that is.

EDIT: Yes, well. Sometimes that happens also.
« Last Edit: December 18, 2013, 05:02:26 pm by IronyOwl »
Quote from: Radio Controlled (Discord)
A hand, a hand, my kingdom for a hot hand!
The kitchenette mold free, you move on to the pantry. it's nasty in there. The bacon is grazing on the lettuce. The ham is having an illicit affair with the prime rib, The potatoes see all, know all. A rat in boxer shorts smoking a foul smelling cigar is banging on a cabinet shouting about rent money.

Sirus

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #15904 on: December 18, 2013, 07:57:35 pm »

Hey Haspen, it looks like you forgot to add the DEF bonus allied units get when standing next to Gregor to Chris' DEF in that last attack round.

Not that it matters in this case, as it would have been enough damage to down him anyway, but still.... :P

Praefectus Screptum

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #15905 on: December 18, 2013, 08:29:03 pm »

I will wait for Charlotte to take the shot before sending Tantallos to attack the bishop.

Culise

• Bay Watcher
  • General Nuisance
    • View Profile
« Reply #15906 on: December 18, 2013, 09:09:24 pm »

So, what do y'all think: should I take down Sentry B and keep it from dealing damage while also clearing a path for Derick to move forward, or put Chris back on his feet so we don't have to worry about multiple hits knocking too many of us to the ground to recover and block the enemy from flanking us when Gregor gets pushed from 2 HP to 0?  Ami can also restore Chris, but we have a lot of people getting hurt, namely Charlotte and Derick, who respectively are or could end up in in critical positions, and with both rogues asleep, it won't be a race for another few turns yet. 

Sirus

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #15907 on: December 18, 2013, 09:32:07 pm »

I'm kinda thinking about putting the Sentry down. Derick moving forward oughta be able to kill another enemy unless things go horribly wrong, and if we're worried about his health Ami could always heal him first. Chris should be fine until next turn and there's nothing that will keep Gregor up short of miracles.

Culise

• Bay Watcher
  • General Nuisance
    • View Profile
« Reply #15908 on: December 18, 2013, 09:47:28 pm »

I suppose that's what I'm most worried about, though.  With Chris and Gregor down, it leaves a path for the enemy to move right over them, unless we put people in both (12,18) and (11,19) to block.  Sentry A, with six move, could reach Ami or Dagwood right now if one of the Thunder Sages uses their Boltings to clear that path assuming Derick doesn't quite manage the kill (which would be somewhat unlucky, but not beyond the realm of possibility), and Sentries C and D along with Elite Guard F will all be able to cut through to block us from reaching both you and Chris.  I suppose the optimal course might be to remove Sentry B and have Ami revive Chris, which also makes sense support-wise. 

Sirus

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #15909 on: December 18, 2013, 09:49:20 pm »

Well, if Sentry B dies then there's no reason we can't do both (revive Chris and have Derick attack someone else). So I say go for it!
You may wish to wait for a second opinion considering how my last plan worked out ._.

Xanmyral

• Bay Watcher
  • Warning: May contain ham
    • View Profile
« Reply #15910 on: December 18, 2013, 10:54:56 pm »

Enemies control the field with their extended range thanks to the snipers and siege magic.

Prioritize Siege Magic operators, corpse-wall them by putting people in 18.12 and 18.13. I agree with the Raquel+Derick Sniper A/B combo. Ami can either heal Chris (which makes sense) or nabs the sleep staff to sleep the general for reduced risk. Someone should nag Dag to use that sleep staff on someone, preferably the general if he isn't already put to sleep.

The situation will be worse next round, but this will continue to be so until the Siege Magic either runs out or is dealt with. I suspect the Druid may charge with Fenrir, considering Edwin is in range and he'd have advantage. The bishop will most likely push as well, assuming he isn't killed.

/$0.02

Haspen

• Bay Watcher
  • Cthuwu
    • View Profile
« Reply #15911 on: December 20, 2013, 03:30:38 am »

* Haspen watches the tumbleweeds.

I guess it's due to approachig Christmas :v
SigFlags!
Quote from: Draignean@Spamkingdom+
Truly, we have the most uniquely talented spy network in all existence.
Quote from: mightymushroom@Spamkingdom#
Please tell me the Royal Physician didn't go to the same college as the Spymaster.

SeriousConcentrate

• Bay Watcher
  • The Hollow Street Hero
    • View Profile
« Reply #15912 on: December 20, 2013, 03:35:10 am »

That and work and stuff. I've been rereading the thread myself every now and then and it's kind of funny how many rings Chris has given out. He gave Valor one, Tantallos two, and Ami two... as well as implied giving rings and such to Prixima. XD
SerCon Shorts: This Is How You Do It - Twenty-three one minute or less videos of random stupidity in AC:U, Bloodborne, DS2:SotFS, Salt & Sanctuary, and The Witcher 3.

Blade Master Model 42

• Bay Watcher
  • Edelgard did nothing wrong.
    • View Profile
« Reply #15913 on: December 20, 2013, 08:40:43 am »

When all is said and done, Chris hangs up his murdering knife and opens a jewelry store.

EDIT: Wow, finished up my first file on FE Awakening, and decided to do my best to face-punch Lunatic mode.

Sweet salty Christ this mode is unreasonable. Even relying on Frederick isn't saving me on map 3 4 chapter 2. And I think the AI is cheating. My strategy at the moment is to try and gain control of the bottom left corner of the map, and that involves blocking Virion from the barbarian with Stahl and Chrom, since they have swords and therefore have only about a 50/50 chance of being reduced to less than 5 hit points from one attack. Sometimes, the barbarian will attack Chrom- and always hit-, but sometimes he goes after Frederick instead. I think the game is checking to see if the attack will connect, and if it doesn't, it changes targets.

Pisses me off something fierce.

CrimsonEon

• Bay Watcher
  • Is that Blood Thine or the Enemy's?
    • View Profile
« Reply #15914 on: December 21, 2013, 01:15:34 am »

EDIT: Wow, finished up my first file on FE Awakening, and decided to do my best to face-punch Lunatic mode.

Sweet salty Christ this mode is unreasonable. Even relying on Frederick isn't saving me on map 3 4 chapter 2. And I think the AI is cheating. My strategy at the moment is to try and gain control of the bottom left corner of the map, and that involves blocking Virion from the barbarian with Stahl and Chrom, since they have swords and therefore have only about a 50/50 chance of being reduced to less than 5 hit points from one attack. Sometimes, the barbarian will attack Chrom- and always hit-, but sometimes he goes after Frederick instead. I think the game is checking to see if the attack will connect, and if it doesn't, it changes targets.

Pisses me off something fierce.

I have reason to believe that Lunatic is downright impossible without the Golden Pack DLC, since in addition to all the absurdity that it throws at you- the random encounters that spawn on the map are all promoted units with silver-and-up weapons and maxed out stats, making grinding impossible without it. I only got through Lunatic by the skin of my teeth after grinding my team as high as I could through the DLC mission, and I don't even think Lunatic+ is reasonably feasible even with the DLC, let alone without.

It's a lot of artificial difficulty that adds nothing to the replay value to the game. But I'll be DAMNED if I don't get a save file with Lunatic+ cleared on it. It's gotten to the point where not doing it is an insult to the leetle completionist in me.
Pages: 1 ... 1059 1060 [1061] 1062 1063 ... 1249