Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

Poll

Consider this: Gregor and Derick have a duel with same quality weapons (Iron, for example) and in neutral conditions (no terrain, supports and so on). On whom you would bet?

Derick the Swordmaster of Doom
Gregor the Tanky Stab-Sentinel

Pages: 1 ... 453 454 [455] 456 457 ... 1249

Author Topic: Fire Emblem on Forums (FEF), OOC Thread: FEF1 has been Finished!  (Read 853007 times)

Xanmyral

• Bay Watcher
  • Warning: May contain ham
    • View Profile
Re: Fire Emblem on Forums (FEF), OOC Thread. BATTLESONG OF CHARLOTTE
« Reply #6810 on: May 29, 2013, 03:22:57 pm »

Well, I believe you would have the key. Its on drop, and if you kill him it would work even if from a distance... Somehow. But yeah I agree that's a much better idea, especially if we're strapped for time. With Mounted Units, when mounted, they have a strange action economy. At most, it can be Move-Action-Move-Action, or at the shortest just Action-Action. It would stop me at the door however, as it does take an action to initiate a trade, and another action to unlock the door.

I'd take a bit of a pounding, although by that I mean the difference of taking eighteen or fifteen damage which isn't much against me honestly. That's assuming the spearman would still be alive, as I'd take a blast from the mage and a stab from either the spearman or swordsman. Only worry in that situation is the mage, and due to his crit chance.

freeformschooler

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #6811 on: May 29, 2013, 03:46:57 pm »

I think it's far better to take a pounding and get out of here ASAP than to dillydally around. Basically, Haspen has the map set up like this:

-Vagor heads to Prixima's throne room entrance and uses his door key. Estimated completion by: beginning of Player Turn 5. He'll be in front of the door at that point. Along with the help of the others, we will have up to that amount of time to clear out most of the corridor berebians and get to the door.
-Vagor hurls the first volley of magic at Prixima, potentially leading his cohorts in the throne room as well. Estimated completion by: Turn 6. It is statistically unlikely Vagor can defeat Prixima himself as Prixima could auto-double him for an instant kill. What we should worry about after the final door is not Vagor himself but the other Berebian units. I highly doubt Prixima would die on Turn 6.
-The remaining Berebians most likely surround Prixima and possibly off her with a combination of holy magic and physical prowess. Estimated completion by: Turn 7. If we are not in or very near the Throne Room by the start of Turn 7, we are royally fucked.

At any point in this process, Elwood could show up through the obvious plot door on the upper left. I don't know if that'll happen, but I dearly hope so - and soon.
« Last Edit: May 29, 2013, 03:52:24 pm by freeformschooler »

IronyOwl

• Bay Watcher
  • Nope~
    • View Profile
« Reply #6812 on: May 29, 2013, 03:49:49 pm »

We can feed vulneraries to people who aren't KO'd, right? I could have sworn people have been doing that, but I'm not certain.
Quote from: Radio Controlled (Discord)
A hand, a hand, my kingdom for a hot hand!
The kitchenette mold free, you move on to the pantry. it's nasty in there. The bacon is grazing on the lettuce. The ham is having an illicit affair with the prime rib, The potatoes see all, know all. A rat in boxer shorts smoking a foul smelling cigar is banging on a cabinet shouting about rent money.

freeformschooler

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #6813 on: May 29, 2013, 03:50:15 pm »

Yes, it just heals them for 10/2 = 5. You gotta be right next to them.

Sirus

• Bay Watcher
  • Resident trucker/goddess/ex-president.
    • View Profile
« Reply #6814 on: May 29, 2013, 03:56:36 pm »

I was under the impression that the half effective healing was only for KO'd units. If, say, Valor used a vulnerary on Chris who has 5 HP, Chris would be brought up to 15.
Quote from: Max White
And lo! Sirus did drive his mighty party truck unto Vegas, and it was good.

Star Wars: Age of Rebellion OOC Thread

Shadow of the Demon Lord - OOC Thread - IC Thread

Haspen

• Bay Watcher
  • Cthuwu
    • View Profile
« Reply #6815 on: May 29, 2013, 04:00:26 pm »

I was under the impression that the half effective healing was only for KO'd units. If, say, Valor used a vulnerary on Chris who has 5 HP, Chris would be brought up to 15.

Listen to the man as he spits wisdom.
SigFlags!
Quote from: Draignean@Spamkingdom+
Truly, we have the most uniquely talented spy network in all existence.
Quote from: mightymushroom@Spamkingdom#
Please tell me the Royal Physician didn't go to the same college as the Spymaster.

IronyOwl

• Bay Watcher
  • Nope~
    • View Profile
« Reply #6816 on: May 29, 2013, 04:01:39 pm »

Ah, good. That settles that then.
Quote from: Radio Controlled (Discord)
A hand, a hand, my kingdom for a hot hand!
The kitchenette mold free, you move on to the pantry. it's nasty in there. The bacon is grazing on the lettuce. The ham is having an illicit affair with the prime rib, The potatoes see all, know all. A rat in boxer shorts smoking a foul smelling cigar is banging on a cabinet shouting about rent money.

Blade Master Model 42

• Bay Watcher
  • Edelgard did nothing wrong.
    • View Profile
« Reply #6817 on: May 29, 2013, 04:02:19 pm »

I think we'd be less fucked if Prixima died, realistically. Let's be real here: It's a near certainty that saving her will bring about an age darkness.

Not saying we aren't still going to try, just saying it wouldn't be terrible if our Maru got Kobayashi'd.

freeformschooler

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #6818 on: May 29, 2013, 04:04:46 pm »

Let me put it this way: Haspen's talking about the cogs of fate not being stoppable. SAVING Prixima is the least likely and most difficult outcome of the battle. I guarantee you that, somehow, saving her would give us options that go against the railroad Haspen intended.

Haspen

• Bay Watcher
  • Cthuwu
    • View Profile
« Reply #6819 on: May 29, 2013, 04:05:42 pm »

-The remaining Berebians most likely surround Prixima and possibly off her with a combination of holy magic and physical prowess. Estimated completion by: Turn 7.

You forget that she is on a throne (+10 Eva), has 3 Elixirs, and when her HP gets low, she will be spitting criticals left and right.
SigFlags!
Please tell me the Royal Physician didn't go to the same college as the Spymaster.

freeformschooler

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #6820 on: May 29, 2013, 04:07:14 pm »

Oh.

In that case, let's kill Prixima.

Sirus

• Bay Watcher
  • Resident trucker/goddess/ex-president.
    • View Profile
« Reply #6821 on: May 29, 2013, 04:07:41 pm »

-The remaining Berebians most likely surround Prixima and possibly off her with a combination of holy magic and physical prowess. Estimated completion by: Turn 7.

You forget that she is on a throne (+10 Eva), has 3 Elixirs, and when her HP gets low, she will be spitting criticals left and right.
It's statistically improbable that Prixima will bite the dust. It is NOT, however, impossible.
Quote from: Max White
And lo! Sirus did drive his mighty party truck unto Vegas, and it was good.

Star Wars: Age of Rebellion OOC Thread

Shadow of the Demon Lord - OOC Thread - IC Thread

Blade Master Model 42

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #6822 on: May 29, 2013, 04:12:17 pm »

Okay, considering the inevitable outcome of anything we do is 'Y'all fucked up', let's consider possible outcomes to this scenario.

1. We kill all the intruders, and save Prixima. We hand her the dragonstone, she hands us money, and the world marches into an era of peace and harmony as Prixima uses the dragonstone to cure the plague and make plants grow faster.

Likelihood out of five: One

2. Same as above, but after we get payed, Prixima summons/turns into a dragon and burns Berebia to ash or something like that.

Likelihood out of five: Four

3. Two, but Prixima doesn't pay us.

Likelihood out of five: Five.

4. Vagor kills Prixima, and we're forced to flee. Dragonstone based evil is averted, and we can't set foot in the territory again, but the day is more or less saved.

Likelihood out of five: Three.

5. Vagor kills Prixima, swipes her research, and does whatever evil shit she was going to do.

Likelihood out of five: Four.

6. V and P reconcile, and everyone goes home. The soldiers in the yard stop playing dead.

Likelihood out of five: Numbers don't go that low.

Haspen

• Bay Watcher
  • Cthuwu
    • View Profile
« Reply #6823 on: May 29, 2013, 04:21:42 pm »

Those overthinkings and possibilities and inceptions into possible plots are great sources of amusement for me. Keep it on :D
SigFlags!

Blade Master Model 42

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #6824 on: May 29, 2013, 04:24:22 pm »

Those overthinkings and possibilities and inceptions into possible plots are great sources of amusement for me. Keep it on :D

Right, will do.
Pages: 1 ... 453 454 [455] 456 457 ... 1249