Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

Poll

Consider this: Gregor and Derick have a duel with same quality weapons (Iron, for example) and in neutral conditions (no terrain, supports and so on). On whom you would bet?

Derick the Swordmaster of Doom
Gregor the Tanky Stab-Sentinel

Pages: 1 ... 111 112 [113] 114 115 ... 1249

Author Topic: Fire Emblem on Forums (FEF), OOC Thread: FEF1 has been Finished!  (Read 841459 times)

Culise

• Bay Watcher
  • General Nuisance
    • View Profile
Re: Fire Emblem on Forums (FEF), OOC Thread.
« Reply #1680 on: April 19, 2013, 06:16:12 pm »

You know, this is the sort of thing we could usually avoid by listening (to me).
Aren't you the one that wants to burn down the house?  Do you know how hard it is to find a single ash-covered rock of indeterminate size in a noble manor's worth of ash, debris, and detritus?  :P
Better and not as painful as being stabbed would be, even if it would take longer.
Leaving aside the whole moral aspect Sirus brings up since your character doesn't really care about morality, longer also gives the militia more time to get its act together, gather a whole bunch of reinforcements, and go after the band of noble-murdering, arsonist thieves (possibly extortionist depending on how you handle the village) that just slaughtered its way through their friends, family, and liege lord in full force.  Just saying OOC, since I'm not in IC yet.

My, though, if we're going to play like this, I may need to rebuild my character into something more amoral. 
« Last Edit: April 19, 2013, 06:18:12 pm by Culise »

Taricus

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #1681 on: April 19, 2013, 06:17:01 pm »

Well, atleast we'd actually act like mercenaries in the end :P
Quote from: evictedSaint
We sided with the holocaust for a fucking +1 roll

freeformschooler

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #1682 on: April 19, 2013, 06:17:22 pm »

You know, this is the sort of thing we could usually avoid by listening (to me).
Aren't you the one that wants to burn down the house?  Do you know how hard it is to find a single ash-covered rock of indeterminate size in a noble manor's worth of ash, debris, and detritus?  :P
Better and not as painful as being stabbed would be, even if it would take longer.
So, what would you do with the servants, family, and household guards that the manor would likely house?

: "Oh. That's an easy one. I'll just put an arrow through each of them. Makes the estate easier to search and eliminates the need for pitch! Yeah!"

CrimsonEon

• Bay Watcher
  • Is that Blood Thine or the Enemy's?
    • View Profile
« Reply #1683 on: April 19, 2013, 06:18:22 pm »

Good lord, at this rate the party's definitely going to break in half.

Sirus

• Bay Watcher
  • Resident trucker/goddess/ex-president.
    • View Profile
« Reply #1684 on: April 19, 2013, 06:19:46 pm »

Yeah, no kidding.
Quote from: Max White
And lo! Sirus did drive his mighty party truck unto Vegas, and it was good.

Star Wars: Age of Rebellion OOC Thread

Shadow of the Demon Lord - OOC Thread - IC Thread

SeriousConcentrate

• Bay Watcher
  • The Hollow Street Hero
    • View Profile
« Reply #1685 on: April 19, 2013, 06:20:38 pm »

Also in the 'arrow through them' front, we would actually get EXP for killing them in battle and probably not for burning them down, assuming that would even work. :P
SerCon Shorts: This Is How You Do It - Twenty-three one minute or less videos of random stupidity in AC:U, Bloodborne, DS2:SotFS, Salt & Sanctuary, and The Witcher 3.

Blade Master Model 42

• Bay Watcher
  • Edelgard did nothing wrong.
    • View Profile
« Reply #1686 on: April 19, 2013, 06:22:04 pm »

I put 10% in MAG progression before realizing there was a magic-oriented promotion. 2 MAG basically locks me into Sniper.

So yeah, winging it may not be the best idea :P

Unless I read it wrong, Battle Mage is still a viable option, since you'll rely almost entirely on your bow for damage output, and magic tomes just get used up to provide additional effects to your shots, unless you equip them primarily. [/runonsentence]

freeformschooler

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #1687 on: April 19, 2013, 06:24:08 pm »

I put 10% in MAG progression before realizing there was a magic-oriented promotion. 2 MAG basically locks me into Sniper.

So yeah, winging it may not be the best idea :P

Unless I read it wrong, Battle Mage is still a viable option, since you'll rely almost entirely on your bow for damage output, and magic tomes just get used up to provide additional effects to your shots, unless you equip them primarily. [/runonsentence]

Well, I'd get high proficiency with Anima magicks, and equipping them would allow me to take down high-DEF, low-RES foes I couldn't nail with my bow. Unless, of course, my MAG is low :I

I keep almost typing "Anime magic."

SeriousConcentrate

• Bay Watcher
  • The Hollow Street Hero
    • View Profile
« Reply #1689 on: April 19, 2013, 06:25:45 pm »

XD

Will we get scenes of Charlotte transforming into her magic-girl costume, then?
SerCon Shorts: This Is How You Do It - Twenty-three one minute or less videos of random stupidity in AC:U, Bloodborne, DS2:SotFS, Salt & Sanctuary, and The Witcher 3.

Blade Master Model 42

• Bay Watcher
  • Edelgard did nothing wrong.
    • View Profile
« Reply #1690 on: April 19, 2013, 06:26:57 pm »

XD

Will we get scenes of Charlotte transforming into her magic-girl costume, then?

Pretty Magical Girl Soldier Sailor Crit?

Taricus

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #1691 on: April 19, 2013, 06:28:06 pm »

...Yeah, just go sniper. That way I don't have to update "The list" :I
Quote from: evictedSaint
We sided with the holocaust for a fucking +1 roll

IronyOwl

• Bay Watcher
  • Nope~
    • View Profile
« Reply #1692 on: April 19, 2013, 06:28:47 pm »

Aaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaalso when does this chapter end is it soon isitsoon
Not yet not yet I need to get my sheet in

Though, officially Chapter 2 is already "Complete," isn't it?

Also in the 'arrow through them' front, we would actually get EXP for killing them in battle and probably not for burning them down, assuming that would even work. :P
I'm dubious, but the PHB does say:

Being in combat where the player or allied character is 4-9 Levels higher: 2 EXP
Defeating an enemy clearly weaker than you: 3 EXP

So assuming you declare them enemies before effortlessly one-shotting them everything should work out. :P

...Yeah, just go sniper. That way I don't have to update "The list" :I
The what?
Quote from: Radio Controlled (Discord)
A hand, a hand, my kingdom for a hot hand!
The kitchenette mold free, you move on to the pantry. it's nasty in there. The bacon is grazing on the lettuce. The ham is having an illicit affair with the prime rib, The potatoes see all, know all. A rat in boxer shorts smoking a foul smelling cigar is banging on a cabinet shouting about rent money.

Praefectus Screptum

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #1693 on: April 19, 2013, 06:33:34 pm »

Just got back home, and looks like I missed A LOT.

Powder Miner

• Bay Watcher
  • this avatar is years irrelevant again oh god oh f-
    • View Profile
« Reply #1694 on: April 19, 2013, 06:42:29 pm »

Taric, looking through the massive amount of ashes for a rock that you wouldn't even be able to find because there would be a million other things like it covered in ash (everything would be covered in ash so the area would be one color) while everyone else in the village is trying to rip your guts out for BURNING DOWN THE MANOR (assuming you could get there to burn it in the first place unnoticed) while everyone who was in the manor trie to rip your guts out while you hope the fire hasn't marred the dragonstone in any way is not in fact a good plan.
Pages: 1 ... 111 112 [113] 114 115 ... 1249