Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

Poll

Consider this: Gregor and Derick have a duel with same quality weapons (Iron, for example) and in neutral conditions (no terrain, supports and so on). On whom you would bet?

Derick the Swordmaster of Doom
Gregor the Tanky Stab-Sentinel

Pages: 1 ... 557 558 [559] 560 561 ... 1249

Author Topic: Fire Emblem on Forums (FEF), OOC Thread: FEF1 has been Finished!  (Read 841323 times)

Praefectus Screptum

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile

..What has science done.. or what has Seyena done. LOOK AT THAT HAIR.

SeriousConcentrate

• Bay Watcher
  • The Hollow Street Hero
    • View Profile

Pfff haha XD
SerCon Shorts: This Is How You Do It - Twenty-three one minute or less videos of random stupidity in AC:U, Bloodborne, DS2:SotFS, Salt & Sanctuary, and The Witcher 3.

Xanmyral

• Bay Watcher
  • Warning: May contain ham
    • View Profile

RAAAAAAAAAAAAAEEEEEEGGGG

*Must resist urge to-*

*Gives in*

I'm so sorry
You are my new favorite person.

Gamerboy4life

• Bay Watcher
  • Helicopegasus
    • View Profile

RAAAAAAAAAAAAAEEEEEEGGGG

*Must resist urge to-*

*Gives in*

I'm so sorry
You are my new favorite person.

I WILL MURDER ALL OF YOU

IT WILL BE BLOODY, PAINFUL, AND RUTHLESS
I need to put something interesting here.

Xanmyral

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile

So that means you are indeed working on that X-Com game and will be GMing it appropriately I see. :p

SeriousConcentrate

• Bay Watcher
  • The Hollow Street Hero
    • View Profile

Jeez, now I feel bad for laughing, GB. :-\
SerCon Shorts: This Is How You Do It - Twenty-three one minute or less videos of random stupidity in AC:U, Bloodborne, DS2:SotFS, Salt & Sanctuary, and The Witcher 3.

Furtuka

• Bay Watcher
  • High Priest of Mecha
    • View Profile
It's FEF, not FEOF

Xanmyral

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile

Oh I doubt he's actually angry guys, just emphasis for comedic effect. At least, that's what I was assuming all that was.

Gamerboy4life

• Bay Watcher
  • Helicopegasus
    • View Profile

._.

YOU'RE NEXT

Jeez, now I feel bad for laughing, GB. :-\
You should. D: She doesn't look smexy with that hair.

Nobody does.

So that means you are indeed working on that X-Com game and will be GMing it appropriately I see. :p

Yeah... about that.

I'm not so sure about it. I'm still trying to work out some VERY major things, such as:

How I'll incorporate multiple Z-levels. I use maptools for sake of my sanity and because it's relatively easy to use, but I don't think it has height variation.

How I'm supposed to calculate most of the things in the game. I've hardly played the original X-com, and while I'm more familiar with the Enemy Unknown remake, I still haven't gotten close to beating either, so I still don't understand most mechanics. (I know that they're two DRASTICALLY different games, however, which is another problem.)

Whether or not I want to go old-school style X-com, which will probably eat up a TON of time because of how complex it is (Or at least, how it seems to me, being introduced to the series through the rather dumbed-down remake), or if I'll try making an X-com based upon the remake, which is much simpler. Compare something like Age of Empires to Dwarf Fortress, that's how the difference seems to me. If I go oldschool, I say goodbye to my personal life and sanity, if I go newschool, I'll be lynched by all of the "Hurr durr the original is better" elitists.

But, I'm almost tempted to just make my own vein of X-com. I literally have all of the mechanics required, written down over several .txt files, full item lists, the entire thing I would need to run and GM, but as I've NEVER GM'd an RPG or roll-heavy game like an X-com forum game would be, I'm still uncertain about applying my own X-com prototype. And plus, it stems so far from even the new Enemy Unknown, nobody would expect it's X-com unless I slap it's name on the game and include Sectoids.

Tl;dr: I'm an indecisive SOB who has no experience with RTD/RPG games, nor how to GM one.

Oh I doubt he's actually angry guys, just emphasis for comedic effect. At least, that's what I was assuming all that was.

Oh no, I'm actually pissed off.

I'll just make a soldier named Salvatore. He'll have a funny accent.

I'll tempt the RNG gods with his sacrifice.

Boom. Liquified by chryssalid.
I need to put something interesting here.

SeriousConcentrate

• Bay Watcher
  • The Hollow Street Hero
    • View Profile

The worst you can do is fail at running a forum game, GB. It's not that big a deal in the grand scheme of things. :P I was unsure about running something yet CvRTD - although it died about 3/5 of the way through - was pretty damn good if I say so myself. It'll be a serious time investment if it's that roll-heavy, but you may enjoy running it. ^^^

Xanmyral

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile

Spoiler: X-COM Stuff (click to show/hide)

Apologies. Didn't think any of the anger was actually serious, just a farce, didn't mean to annoy you.

EDITED: Clarity mostly. Don't try to write tired, it leads to weirdness.
« Last Edit: June 15, 2013, 02:27:10 am by Xanmyral »

Taricus

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile

She doesn't look smexy with that hair.

Nobody does.
Am I horrible person if I think otherwise? >.>
Quote from: evictedSaint
We sided with the holocaust for a fucking +1 roll

Zako

• Bay Watcher
  • YEEEEAAAAHHHH!!!
    • View Profile

She doesn't look smexy with that hair.

Nobody does.
Am I horrible person if I think otherwise? >.>
Yes you are. My god... I think my sanity is bleeding...

Also, if anyone should make a forum game based on X-COM then I would love it regardless and will definitely join in.

On a brighter note, Ask Lake in Dark Souls is absolutely beautiful. Wow...

Praefectus Screptum

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile

*Still jealous about people being able to make awesome mugs without making them look like drawings.*

Haspen

• Bay Watcher
  • Cthuwu
    • View Profile

Mine aren't awesome :P

I just cut, paste, recolor - that's all.
SigFlags!
Quote from: Draignean@Spamkingdom+
Truly, we have the most uniquely talented spy network in all existence.
Quote from: mightymushroom@Spamkingdom#
Please tell me the Royal Physician didn't go to the same college as the Spymaster.
Pages: 1 ... 557 558 [559] 560 561 ... 1249