Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

Poll

Consider this: Gregor and Derick have a duel with same quality weapons (Iron, for example) and in neutral conditions (no terrain, supports and so on). On whom you would bet?

Derick the Swordmaster of Doom
Gregor the Tanky Stab-Sentinel

Pages: 1 ... 811 812 [813] 814 815 ... 1249

Author Topic: Fire Emblem on Forums (FEF), OOC Thread: FEF1 has been Finished!  (Read 847041 times)

Gamerboy4life

• Bay Watcher
  • Helicopegasus
    • View Profile
Re: Fire Emblem on Forums (FEF), OOC Thread.
« Reply #12180 on: August 31, 2013, 07:40:33 pm »

I was panicking. I'm glad you guys mostly have this.

Here's a crazy idea (as in, utterly unlikely to succeed): The group surrenders. They get taken prisoner, the injured party members get healed (rules of war and all that if the soldiers are honorable, execution fodder for Prixima + bounty money if they are not), and then in the next chapter we attempt a daring escape, potentially aided by Chris' timely re-arrival.

Yes, let's surrender to the serial rapist.
...Dammit. Forgot about that.
On the bright side, it has the wonderful side effect of completely screwing with Haspen's plot and chapter organization!

Which is one reason it'd probably fail outright.

What if somehow, we kill Arvis and THEN surrender before anyone dies?

provided the rapey dude didn't have any more rapey dudes working with him
I need to put something interesting here.

Xanmyral

• Bay Watcher
  • Warning: May contain ham
    • View Profile
« Reply #12181 on: August 31, 2013, 07:47:27 pm »

Well, one has to consider the types that would work for a man who's that open about it. I'm... Skeptical.

Another thing, I'm a little worried on not healing Tantallos straight out because it seems to me there might be the possibility that Anja might get the axe by an enemy before she has time to heal him. Or someone might impede her path.

You always need the devil's advocate for any plan, after all.

CrimsonEon

• Bay Watcher
  • Is that Blood Thine or the Enemy's?
    • View Profile
« Reply #12182 on: August 31, 2013, 07:51:04 pm »

Well, one has to consider the types that would work for a man who's that open about it. I'm... Skeptical.

Another thing, I'm a little sketchy on not healing Tantallos straight out because it seems to me there might be the possibility that Anja might get the axe by an enemy before she has time to heal him. Or someone might impede her path.

You always need the devil's advocate for any plan, after all.

It's sketchy, yes, but I believe it's for the best. And I was debating whether to put Tantallos down, but with him down at 12,4, Anja can most likely take a path to him even if someone blocks her. It'll take both of the enemies in range (The Paladin and Wyvern Knight) to completely block her from getting to Tant. Killing her, on the other hand, I haven't considered in depth, but I had a hunch that it'll take both of them to kill her from her current health this turn, so I think she'll be alright.

EDIT: I just did the math, and yes it will take both of them to down Anja. I highly doubt the enemy would focus on her exclusively when our resident crit machines (chargreg) and a meddling cavalier are up and potential targets.
« Last Edit: August 31, 2013, 07:56:08 pm by CrimsonEon »

Xanmyral

• Bay Watcher
  • Warning: May contain ham
    • View Profile
« Reply #12183 on: August 31, 2013, 07:55:59 pm »

Yeah, I was working on the assumption she had five MOV instead of six. Thank goodness for that, I was kinda worried that she could be easily blocked.

EDIT: Suppose I should talk about the elephant in the room. The one thing that really worries me, honestly, is next turn. I'm not sure if we can save everyone, but damn we're gonna try when that comes around.
« Last Edit: August 31, 2013, 08:01:33 pm by Xanmyral »

CrimsonEon

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #12184 on: August 31, 2013, 08:11:14 pm »

EDIT: Suppose I should talk about the elephant in the room. The one thing that really worries me, honestly, is next turn. I'm not sure if we can save everyone, but damn we're gonna try when that comes around.

Which is why I'm pinning all of my hope on us being able to kill Arvis next turn. If killing him ends the chapter, everyone who is still alive is healed. It's our best option in this bleak situation, and what I directed the plan to do, getting everyone in a position where they're in MOV range to attack him.

Sirus

• Bay Watcher
  • Resident trucker/goddess/ex-president.
    • View Profile
« Reply #12185 on: August 31, 2013, 08:30:15 pm »

Hmm. I'm not entirely sure that raising Charlotte is the best plan at the moment. She's got something like three guys who can take her down right now and can sit for two more turns before needing healing. Do characters need to be up to provide support bonuses?
Quote from: Max White
And lo! Sirus did drive his mighty party truck unto Vegas, and it was good.

Star Wars: Age of Rebellion OOC Thread

Shadow of the Demon Lord - OOC Thread - IC Thread

Blade Master Model 42

• Bay Watcher
  • Edelgard did nothing wrong.
    • View Profile
« Reply #12186 on: August 31, 2013, 08:39:41 pm »

Hmm. I'm not entirely sure that raising Charlotte is the best plan at the moment. She's got something like three guys who can take her down right now and can sit for two more turns before needing healing. Do characters need to be up to provide support bonuses?

I think they do, but Crimson's plan right now is to annihilate Arvis, and end the chapter. Charlotte is best suited to smashing Arvis, due to her range advantage.

Sirus

• Bay Watcher
  • Resident trucker/goddess/ex-president.
    • View Profile
« Reply #12187 on: August 31, 2013, 08:51:09 pm »

I think they do, but Crimson's plan right now is to annihilate Arvis, and end the chapter. Charlotte is best suited to smashing Arvis, due to her range advantage.
Except that Arvis is inside her range advantage, meaning that he or the two flanking paladins can simply smash her to the ground first.

Eh, whatever. All those bonuses we've got stacking up (Daunt, Charisma, Support) have to count for something, right?
Quote from: Max White
And lo! Sirus did drive his mighty party truck unto Vegas, and it was good.

Star Wars: Age of Rebellion OOC Thread

Shadow of the Demon Lord - OOC Thread - IC Thread

CrimsonEon

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #12188 on: August 31, 2013, 08:55:25 pm »

Except that Arvis is inside her range advantage, meaning that he or the two flanking paladins can simply smash her to the ground first.

Eh, whatever. All those bonuses we've got stacking up (Daunt, Charisma, Support) have to count for something, right?

That and there's many different targets. While Charlotte would definitely be the most impacting of those planned to get up, Derick, Riven, Gregor, Seyena and even Olison could get in range if they stay up through the turn. We just need a couple misses from the seven enemies capable of attacking.

My plan is very reliant on evadehax, unfortunately. But I honestly can't see any other way to potentially survive.

IronyOwl

• Bay Watcher
  • Nope~
    • View Profile
« Reply #12190 on: August 31, 2013, 09:16:54 pm »

The RNG has to cut us some slack eventually.
[94] Your corpse decays almost artistically in the melting snow, providing food for the bugs some really pleasant songbirds eat.
Quote from: Radio Controlled (Discord)
A hand, a hand, my kingdom for a hot hand!
The kitchenette mold free, you move on to the pantry. it's nasty in there. The bacon is grazing on the lettuce. The ham is having an illicit affair with the prime rib, The potatoes see all, know all. A rat in boxer shorts smoking a foul smelling cigar is banging on a cabinet shouting about rent money.

Blade Master Model 42

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #12191 on: August 31, 2013, 09:20:38 pm »

Hardeeharhar.

The law of averages states that it's unlikely we'll keep getting pegged on 60% or lower shots from the enemy. They can't be lucky forever.

The question of course becomes, can they be lucky for long enough?

Of course, as time goes on, Valor, Salvatore, and Riven are all going to become more and more useless in combat, since we've all hit max stats and don't have a promotion item. Unless Haspen gives a shot next map, but that's still another 2-4 levels behind we'll end up being.

Haspen

• Bay Watcher
  • Cthuwu
    • View Profile
« Reply #12192 on: September 01, 2013, 04:45:15 am »

Where are them IC posts? v:
SigFlags!
Quote from: Draignean@Spamkingdom+
Truly, we have the most uniquely talented spy network in all existence.
Quote from: mightymushroom@Spamkingdom#
Please tell me the Royal Physician didn't go to the same college as the Spymaster.

IronyOwl

• Bay Watcher
  • Nope~
    • View Profile
« Reply #12193 on: September 01, 2013, 06:17:24 am »

Waitin' on dead mages to kindly move out of my way.
Quote from: Radio Controlled (Discord)
A hand, a hand, my kingdom for a hot hand!
The kitchenette mold free, you move on to the pantry. it's nasty in there. The bacon is grazing on the lettuce. The ham is having an illicit affair with the prime rib, The potatoes see all, know all. A rat in boxer shorts smoking a foul smelling cigar is banging on a cabinet shouting about rent money.

Blade Master Model 42

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #12194 on: September 01, 2013, 08:22:16 am »

I just went back to look out of curiousity, and I haven't dodged a single attack all chapter.

This is ridiculous.
Pages: 1 ... 811 812 [813] 814 815 ... 1249