Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

Poll

Consider this: Gregor and Derick have a duel with same quality weapons (Iron, for example) and in neutral conditions (no terrain, supports and so on). On whom you would bet?

Derick the Swordmaster of Doom
Gregor the Tanky Stab-Sentinel

Pages: 1 ... 1039 1040 [1041] 1042 1043 ... 1249

Author Topic: Fire Emblem on Forums (FEF), OOC Thread: FEF1 has been Finished!  (Read 847174 times)

CrimsonEon

• Bay Watcher
  • Is that Blood Thine or the Enemy's?
    • View Profile
Re: Fire Emblem on Forums (FEF), OOC Thread: Final Chapter begins!
« Reply #15600 on: December 08, 2013, 06:51:11 pm »

Edit: I take it you guys are planning to lets the druids soften you up with their Siege, let those break, and then make your grand entrance?

Really they're going to be a persistent problem one way or the other. Why not wear those tomes down from a defensible position right off the bat?

Sirus

• Bay Watcher
  • Resident trucker/goddess/ex-president.
    • View Profile
« Reply #15601 on: December 08, 2013, 06:54:32 pm »

Edit: I take it you guys are planning to lets the druids soften you up with their Siege, let those break, and then make your grand entrance?

Really they're going to be a persistent problem one way or the other. Why not wear those tomes down from a defensible position right off the bat?
This is my take on it. Besides, siege magic is inaccurate and dark magic tends to be so as well. I imagine that dark siege magic will be reasonably dodgable.
Quote from: Max White
And lo! Sirus did drive his mighty party truck unto Vegas, and it was good.

Star Wars: Age of Rebellion OOC Thread

Shadow of the Demon Lord - OOC Thread - IC Thread

Blade Master Model 42

• Bay Watcher
  • Edelgard did nothing wrong.
    • View Profile
« Reply #15602 on: December 08, 2013, 06:55:58 pm »

It's a good a plan as any in these circumstances. Too bad we never picked up any Siege Magic of our own.

Sirus

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #15603 on: December 08, 2013, 07:01:14 pm »

Haspen probably has enough problems dealing with Charlotte lolcritting dudes from four tiles away. Can you imagine how much damage we'd do with something REALLY long-ranged? :P

Blade Master Model 42

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #15604 on: December 08, 2013, 07:01:42 pm »

Haspen probably has enough problems dealing with Charlotte lolcritting dudes from four tiles away. Can you imagine how much damage we'd do with something REALLY long-ranged? :P

Not enough  :P

IronyOwl

• Bay Watcher
  • Nope~
    • View Profile
« Reply #15605 on: December 08, 2013, 07:32:01 pm »

Okay, so, good news bad news.

Good news: I statted up my summons. Well, tried to; they don't have CON or weapon profs listed, so I just assumed they're not slowed by their weapons.

Bad news:
Spoiler: Minion Battle Stats (click to show/hide)
They can deal 10 damage to the druids half of the time, meaning they'll need a little under 8 turns to kill one on average. Throw in transportation time, especially if one dies and needs to be resummoned, and that is clearly more than the time it'll take for them to just run out of charges.

So, they can still harass them, certainly, but they're not going to be siegebreakers unless we're already outside their range.

In related news, I cannot tell what anything on the map is, but they have the following stats against the following enemies:

Sentinel: 36% chance of 3 dmg
Elite Guard: lolno
Elite Axeman: 35% chance of 7 dmg (-weapon triangle)
Swordmaster: 43% chance of 9 dmg (+weapon triangle)
Sergeant: 63% chance of 6 dmg (+weapon triangle)
Bishop: 40% chance of 9 dmg
Druid: 55% chance of 10 dmg
Wind Mage: 48% chance of 10 dmg

So clearly not great, but as wallphasing respawning cannon fodder goes, not something to discount. Unfortunately, while nothing but the druids can one-shot them without a crit (30 HP, 10 DEF, 9 RES), they only have 12 AS, meaning everything can double them and thus one-shot them after all. Their Evasion is also only 29, so they can't really depend on miracle dodges to avoid it.

All that being said, if Riven's not attacking she has nothing better to do, meaning she's basically a crappy- but unlimited- siege unit in her own right.

Oh, but the immediate point of all this is that I don't think poking the druids is the most effective thing to do right now. More likely we'll want them walling off the southern group or saving a real damage dealer their turn by poking the west one.
Quote from: Radio Controlled (Discord)
A hand, a hand, my kingdom for a hot hand!
The kitchenette mold free, you move on to the pantry. it's nasty in there. The bacon is grazing on the lettuce. The ham is having an illicit affair with the prime rib, The potatoes see all, know all. A rat in boxer shorts smoking a foul smelling cigar is banging on a cabinet shouting about rent money.

Xanmyral

• Bay Watcher
  • Warning: May contain ham
    • View Profile
« Reply #15606 on: December 08, 2013, 07:47:01 pm »

You know, even if gargoyles aren't useful in their own right, they're useful for setting up those triangle crits for Seyena.

freeformschooler

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #15607 on: December 08, 2013, 07:48:12 pm »

You've got the right of it, yeah. It's not worth going after the units. In fact, if the summons are really that crappy, they might just be best as tactical meatwalls.

Blade Master Model 42

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #15608 on: December 08, 2013, 07:48:36 pm »

You know, even if gargoyles aren't useful in their own right, they're useful for setting up those triangle crits for Seyena.

What.

Sirus

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #15609 on: December 08, 2013, 07:49:04 pm »

You mean the Seyena who isn't on the map right now? :P

Hopefully we all team up for the Ultimate Final Battle.

Xanmyral

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #15610 on: December 08, 2013, 07:55:26 pm »

It was a 'for future reference' kind of thing. Although it is possible with Ami, but I really don't suggest that.

Powder Miner

• Bay Watcher
  • this avatar is years irrelevant again oh god oh f-
    • View Profile
« Reply #15611 on: December 08, 2013, 08:00:16 pm »

What future reference?

freeformschooler

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #15612 on: December 08, 2013, 08:03:47 pm »

It was a 'for future reference' kind of thing. Although it is possible with Ami, but I really don't suggest that.

Ami isn't completely powerless, you know. In fact, her final AT with a mace is higher than anything Seyena could do. Her only real weakness is outrageously low DEF (10% progression).

Xanmyral

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #15613 on: December 08, 2013, 08:05:43 pm »

Haspen mentioned three fights, so I assume there may be a connection between the two groups.

@FFS: It was less a 'she's powerless' and more a 'why are we putting one of our main healers on the frontlines' nonsuggestion. If the stars align, do it, but that puts risk on a healer.

The sages can fight from a distance and most enemies don't have ranged weapons, so there isn't too much worry there, but Ami only has a melee weapon, so has to get up close and personal to hit someone.

EDIT: I admit the reasoning may be a reflex reaction due to her having been our only main healer for so long. We got several other equally powerful healers now, so I suppose its a more feasible action than I initially gave it credit for.
« Last Edit: December 08, 2013, 08:09:00 pm by Xanmyral »

Sirus

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #15614 on: December 08, 2013, 08:06:06 pm »

Ami isn't completely powerless, you know. In fact, her final AT with a mace is higher than anything Seyena could do. Her only real weakness is outrageously low DEF (10% progression).
Wait, what? Seriously? Are maces just that powerful or did scapheap just give Ami a seriously high STR progression?

Pages: 1 ... 1039 1040 [1041] 1042 1043 ... 1249