Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

Poll

Consider this: Gregor and Derick have a duel with same quality weapons (Iron, for example) and in neutral conditions (no terrain, supports and so on). On whom you would bet?

Derick the Swordmaster of Doom
Gregor the Tanky Stab-Sentinel

Pages: 1 ... 1144 1145 [1146] 1147 1148 ... 1249

Author Topic: Fire Emblem on Forums (FEF), OOC Thread: FEF1 has been Finished!  (Read 846777 times)

Blade Master Model 42

• Bay Watcher
  • Edelgard did nothing wrong.
    • View Profile
Re: Fire Emblem on Forums (FEF), OOC Thread: Here comes Ch.11x!
« Reply #17175 on: March 09, 2014, 06:52:55 am »

HOLY SHET, lookit dat ring.

Alright, Shimnir can't get to us until turn 3 I think, unless someone rides out to meet him (Bad idea, I'd think). He has Pass, so we shouldn't bother with the western chokepoint, at least right off the bat. Let's see what the reinforcements do. On the other hand, we have a little time before the North contingent shows up, and we still have Rescue, so it might be worth it to clobber him first, and not worry about the headache he'd cause if left alone.

In the South, the bishop can be on us in two turns, with everything else coming up behind. Not that he likely will, he's got a Physic and droppable healing, so he'll probably hang back. The Southeast choke is probably where Alex should go.

In the North they will be at the north chokepoint in about 4 turns. There's a lot more magic up there too. I'm thinking Olison parks there. If I sit at 19,12, I can Support Olison, and Charisma for him and Alex.

Oh my. That's a lot of magic users up north.

There's only 5 right now. *waves hand dismissively*

Sirus

• Bay Watcher
  • Resident trucker/goddess/ex-president.
    • View Profile
« Reply #17176 on: March 09, 2014, 06:56:57 am »

Might not have to deal with him at all. That talk of "new employers" makes me think that Shimnir is recruitable. Plus he has a mugshot, which as any FE player knows signifies either a recruitable unit or a boss.
Quote from: Max White
And lo! Sirus did drive his mighty party truck unto Vegas, and it was good.

Star Wars: Age of Rebellion OOC Thread

Shadow of the Demon Lord - OOC Thread - IC Thread

Blade Master Model 42

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #17177 on: March 09, 2014, 07:03:20 am »

Might not have to deal with him at all. That talk of "new employers" makes me think that Shimnir is recruitable. Plus he has a mugshot, which as any FE player knows signifies either a recruitable unit or a boss.

He's the only enemy with a mug. He's almost definitely the boss. And even if he was recruitable, we'd probably have to throw money/loot at him, something of which we are in short supply.

Haspen

• Bay Watcher
  • Cthuwu
    • View Profile
« Reply #17178 on: March 09, 2014, 07:04:42 am »

He's the only enemy with a mug. He's almost definitely the boss. And even if he was recruitable, we'd probably have to throw money/loot at him, something of which we are in short supply.

Because I would toss a chapter boss at you which you can nab in 3 turns.

Yeeeeah no.
SigFlags!
Quote from: Draignean@Spamkingdom+
Truly, we have the most uniquely talented spy network in all existence.
Quote from: mightymushroom@Spamkingdom#
Please tell me the Royal Physician didn't go to the same college as the Spymaster.

Blade Master Model 42

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #17179 on: March 09, 2014, 07:08:02 am »

Because I would toss a chapter boss at you which you can nab in 3 turns.

Yeeeeah no.

...But I've been wrong before!

Edit: Hypothetical question. If we were to recruit Shamshir Shimnir, would his ring still be drop tagged? If yes, and he was killed by an enemy, who would get it, would it remain drop tagged?

Sirus

• Bay Watcher
  • Resident trucker/goddess/ex-president.
    • View Profile
« Reply #17180 on: March 09, 2014, 07:13:41 am »

I dunno. The boss might show up later after the initial waves are dealt with. He's expressing doubt about what Prixima is doing, which means he might not have a very high price for people against her or can be convinced to wait for payment. After all, in FE the only ones to doubt that what they're doing is right are recruitables, recurring characters, or characters with some prior connection to a party member.

I'm not saying that there's no way he's the boss, I'm just saying that my sensors are pinging a little.
Quote from: Max White
And lo! Sirus did drive his mighty party truck unto Vegas, and it was good.

Star Wars: Age of Rebellion OOC Thread

Shadow of the Demon Lord - OOC Thread - IC Thread

Blade Master Model 42

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #17181 on: March 09, 2014, 07:17:19 am »

Given that Haspen just said I was dead wrong, your sensors may be properly aligned. However, there is one thing to note-

That is a sweet ring, and I want it for our team. Maybe give it to Ami, let her get between patients even more quickly. Or maybe Olison, for further enhanced Pass shenanigans.

Haspen

• Bay Watcher
  • Cthuwu
    • View Profile
« Reply #17182 on: March 09, 2014, 07:19:40 am »

If you recruit him, his ring is no longer droppable.

FYI: He sells the ring at later date to save a little girl from starvation but she gets mugged by bandits few minutes later and he watches her die.
SigFlags!
Please tell me the Royal Physician didn't go to the same college as the Spymaster.

Blade Master Model 42

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #17183 on: March 09, 2014, 07:21:41 am »

Well, there goes Plan B: Shimnir the cannon fodder.

And don't you try to make me empathize with the dirty late game recruit. >:I

EDIT: Okay, in the event we cannot manage to recruit him, Olison and Seyena are best chances to explode him. With Valor in support range, Seyena can almost certainly do 14 damage, and have a 1/3 crit chance. Olison has less good odds, with just under 80% hit, 1/5 crit, but 18 damage.

Valor could attack him, and possibly one shot, as with Seyena close by, he'd have a 50/50 crit chance... But only a 75% hit chance. And get doubled in return. I didn't bother checking my hit odds with the Francisca, that'd be depressing.

Haspen, more speed at level up please, I don't wanna be a support character anymore. Your ability changes to Hero inverted Valor's battlefield role ;_;

Taricus

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #17184 on: March 09, 2014, 11:38:50 am »

Ooohhh, I remember this map!

Bonus points to the person that finds Arinne's body! :P
Quote from: evictedSaint
We sided with the holocaust for a fucking +1 roll

Xanmyral

• Bay Watcher
  • Warning: May contain ham
    • View Profile
« Reply #17185 on: March 09, 2014, 11:51:06 am »

General Tactical Suggestions

Spoiler (click to show/hide)

Ring Discussion

Spoiler (click to show/hide)
« Last Edit: March 09, 2014, 11:54:47 am by Xanmyral »

Powder Miner

• Bay Watcher
  • this avatar is years irrelevant again oh god oh f-
    • View Profile
« Reply #17186 on: March 09, 2014, 11:53:58 am »

I think we all know why there are so many mages.

However, I can minimize how much mages kick me to death by using holy water; what turn do you think I should?

Xanmyral

• Bay Watcher
  • Warning: May contain ham
    • View Profile
« Reply #17187 on: March 09, 2014, 11:57:31 am »

That depends on if you go north or south. There's no (yet) condition staffs, and the Hell druid siege magic isn't affected by RES in the slightest, so if you go south you won't need it until mages show up there. If you go north, the mages will probably reach you in a few turns, so I suggest take it whenever they're close to hitting you.

Also, it seems 3/3 is actually normal for pure water. Not sure why I thought otherwise. Anyway, we only have five uses of pure water so we have to use them carefully, only when necessary.

Edit: I suggest one of our mounted units taking the pure water in the wagon, they can use it twice due to mounted action economy, which may be invaluable. Since Seyena's inventory is topped off already, I suggest either Sal or Olison.

Other than that, let's try to make the NPCs act sensible. Anja will be most useful dancing and playing her flute, giving people extra turns (although right now will be a waste), Danya and Matilda will be helpful here along with Tiron. Tiron and Matilda can use a staff, but as to if that will be useful is to be seen. Sadly, I'm not sure if Tiron has call magic at his disposal.
« Last Edit: March 09, 2014, 12:02:37 pm by Xanmyral »

Powder Miner

• Bay Watcher
  • this avatar is years irrelevant again oh god oh f-
    • View Profile
« Reply #17188 on: March 09, 2014, 12:06:22 pm »

I'm going south since I can probably handle that smaller wave.
Oh, by the way: it's a great advantage for me if either Anja or Salvatore stays within 3 feet of me, even moreso if they're adjacent and I can guard them.
Proximity to an ally gives me +2 DEF and +2 RES, and both of them give me +1 DEF in a support. +3 DEF and +2 RES is actually a pretty significant bonus.
It's going to be easier to reach me with that if I go to 19, 14, which I will since it lets me bottle em up a bit more.
I suggest a ranged unit sand behind me and a support to the side- because only two of them at a time can hit me from that position AND that ranged unit and I can team on them. The support would be safe since I'd be guarding them.

Haspen

• Bay Watcher
  • Cthuwu
    • View Profile
« Reply #17189 on: March 09, 2014, 12:15:40 pm »

Slow means -20 Eva.
SigFlags!
Pages: 1 ... 1144 1145 [1146] 1147 1148 ... 1249