Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

Poll

Consider this: Gregor and Derick have a duel with same quality weapons (Iron, for example) and in neutral conditions (no terrain, supports and so on). On whom you would bet?

Derick the Swordmaster of Doom
Gregor the Tanky Stab-Sentinel

Pages: 1 ... 1149 1150 [1151] 1152 1153 ... 1249

Author Topic: Fire Emblem on Forums (FEF), OOC Thread: FEF1 has been Finished!  (Read 841301 times)

Xanmyral

• Bay Watcher
  • Warning: May contain ham
    • View Profile
Re: Fire Emblem on Forums (FEF), OOC Thread: IT BEGINS
« Reply #17250 on: March 11, 2014, 10:31:37 pm »

Well. If we want to kill him this turn, sadly we'll have to rely on a critical. Otherwise, even if both Sal and Seyena hit, he'd be left with exactly one HP left.
Sal: 34+2+1 = 37-14 = 23
Seyena: 25+1+1 = 27 - 14 = 13
Swordmaster HP: 37 - 23 - 13 = 1

So basically we'd be hoping that the 44% chance of Sal's crit lance to kill the sword master, or Seyena's 30% percent chance of a crit with her steel javelin.

If you want to put a percentage on it, Sal has a 36.96% chance due to his 89 chance of hitting, and Seyena having a straight 30% chance due to being able to auto-hit him.
« Last Edit: March 11, 2014, 10:34:32 pm by Xanmyral »

Blade Master Model 42

• Bay Watcher
  • Edelgard did nothing wrong.
    • View Profile
« Reply #17251 on: March 11, 2014, 10:39:36 pm »

That bad huh? So, can we try having one of you attack without actually committing at all?

Gamerboy4life

• Bay Watcher
  • Helicopegasus
    • View Profile
« Reply #17252 on: March 11, 2014, 10:47:01 pm »

Well. If we want to kill him this turn, sadly we'll have to rely on a critical. Otherwise, even if both Sal and Seyena hit, he'd be left with exactly one HP left.
Sal: 34+2+1 = 37-14 = 23
Seyena: 25+1+1 = 27 - 14 = 13
Swordmaster HP: 37 - 23 - 13 = 1

So basically we'd be hoping that the 44% chance of Sal's crit lance to kill the sword master, or Seyena's 30% percent chance of a crit with her steel javelin.

If you want to put a percentage on it, Sal has a 36.96% chance due to his 89 chance of hitting, and Seyena having a straight 30% chance due to being able to auto-hit him.

Those aren't great odds, but aren't impossible, either.

How bad is it if we DON'T kill the swordsmaster?

Otherwise, corpse walling until we can probably pull off either plan A or C safely seems like a good bet.
I need to put something interesting here.

Xanmyral

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #17253 on: March 11, 2014, 11:11:40 pm »

Made some interesting findings, check the below spoilers.

Valor's better than Sal at plugging up that hole in all cases he isn't up against another sword. So yeah, congrats BMM, you are most likely taking Sal's place in plan A and taking pure water yourself. I guess this proves that, yes, speed is really, really important. In pretty much everything.

Here's the suggested first plan actions: Seyena throws a javelin at the swordmaster and moves south one. Valor takes Seyena's pure water, moves north one, swaps to his crit sword and uses the pure water. Sal assaults the sword master with is deadly lance and moves to where Seyena was. He'll most likely get downed, but it won't be as terrible and will actually help sturdy the wall.

If we still want to corpse wall: Seyena is the noncommittal action this time, so as to whether her javelin kills the sword master is the key to if this plan will work.

While mages were the biggest and most prevalent problem with the old plan, in this one it's just the sword master (because of crits) and the Druids (Hell). Thing is, with Sal in the way, the sword master can't reach Valor. In order to get him down this time, they'd need to Hell Valor twice. Thing is, they got three chances to do so.

I feel this is some kinda of weird combo between the corpse wall and the defensive line, but that's probably because it is. So yeah, corpse wall is still the sure thing, but this time our fall back plan is much better than our old one. Enough so that I almost suggest it over the corpse wall (still a sure thing but only assured for this turn, I see Danya not standing for a few more turns with those archers around.), but either would be good.

The corpse wall could fail too because the druids could try to Hell Seyena enough to make her susceptible to the sage. Her Hail Mary skill makes it unlikely, but possible.

There use to be old, now pointless info here. Its gone now.
« Last Edit: March 12, 2014, 01:41:59 am by Xanmyral »

Blade Master Model 42

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #17254 on: March 12, 2014, 08:15:36 am »

Pretty sure I only get my PS against Sages and Mage Knights. Druids and Bishops are Shaman and Monk promotions, respectively, so I don't get that.

In any case, moved to take my action for the plan as outlined above.

Xanmyral

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #17255 on: March 12, 2014, 12:23:04 pm »

Right. Now I just gotta wait until Seyena moves.

Suppose you can't say you're nothing but a totem now, 'eh?

Blade Master Model 42

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #17256 on: March 12, 2014, 12:57:05 pm »

Right. Now I just gotta wait until Seyena moves.

Suppose you can't say you're nothing but a totem now, 'eh?

There is that! And I'm sure that about halfway through this map, I shan't have to worry about such a thing ever again.

Xanmyral

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #17257 on: March 12, 2014, 05:09:55 pm »

I should be able to say the same too a bit in, with higher defense and strength. I'm still kinda hoping we come across a pilum eventually though.

Haspen

• Bay Watcher
  • Cthuwu
    • View Profile
« Reply #17258 on: March 12, 2014, 05:14:05 pm »

I should be able to say the same too a bit in, with higher defense and strength. I'm still kinda hoping we come across a pilum eventually though.

On this continent, pilums were (or rather, will be) invented by Leon Maro in year 48 of Troian Era, shortly after the end of Succession Wars after the death of Troy Lionheart, the slayer of Mages.

:P
SigFlags!
Quote from: Draignean@Spamkingdom+
Truly, we have the most uniquely talented spy network in all existence.
Quote from: mightymushroom@Spamkingdom#
Please tell me the Royal Physician didn't go to the same college as the Spymaster.

Gamerboy4life

• Bay Watcher
  • Helicopegasus
    • View Profile
« Reply #17259 on: March 12, 2014, 05:14:50 pm »

Dat double hit

we were basing everything on a crit but Sal can kill the guy outright anyway
I need to put something interesting here.

Xanmyral

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #17260 on: March 12, 2014, 05:20:53 pm »

@Haspen: Damn. Ah well I guess.

@Gamer: Have I been looking at the wrong enemy sheet/enemy? I swore they had enough to not be doubled, and to double Valor even. Huh. Guess I should be careful with my math when it's late. Now I just gotta hope that I hit. Bit too late to corpsewall it though.

Four hours of sleep ho!
« Last Edit: March 12, 2014, 05:25:09 pm by Xanmyral »

Haspen

• Bay Watcher
  • Cthuwu
    • View Profile
« Reply #17261 on: March 12, 2014, 05:27:12 pm »

@Gamer: Have I been looking at the wrong enemy sheet/enemy? I swore they had enough to not be doubled, and to double Valor even. Huh. Guess I should be careful with my math when it's late. Now I just gotta hope that I hit. Bit too late to corpsewall it though.

Oh, you're right. Second hit shouldn't happen. Fixing!
SigFlags!
Please tell me the Royal Physician didn't go to the same college as the Spymaster.

Xanmyral

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #17262 on: March 12, 2014, 05:30:42 pm »

False hope is the worst hope.

Ah well, not like it changes my action.

Haspen

• Bay Watcher
  • Cthuwu
    • View Profile
« Reply #17264 on: March 12, 2014, 05:36:14 pm »

I'm done with this game. Double swordmaster miss.

's like Alex evaded an axe attack.
SigFlags!
Pages: 1 ... 1149 1150 [1151] 1152 1153 ... 1249