Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 17 18 [19] 20 21 ... 72

Author Topic: Build A Village: The Orebaron of Alucard  (Read 96110 times)

Aseaheru

• Bay Watcher
  • Cursed by the Elves with a title.
    • View Profile
Re: Build A Village: Lordsmiths and wordplay
« Reply #270 on: February 22, 2013, 11:13:39 pm »

There is already money.
Highly Opinionated Fool
Warning, nearly incapable of expressing tone in text

GreatWyrmGold

• Bay Watcher
  • Sane, by the local standards.
    • View Profile
« Reply #271 on: February 22, 2013, 11:33:56 pm »

But we start our currency early so that it will be well established once time comes that we can make good use of it.
Even assuming you're right, we don't have manpower to do so right now. Or any kind of exonomy which could use money.
Sig
Are you a GM with players who haven't posted? TheDelinquent Players Help will have Bay12 give you an action!
[GreatWyrmGold] gets a little crown. May it forever be his mark of Cain; let no one argue pointless subjects with him lest they receive the same.

Evil Lincoln

• Bay Watcher
  • Is non-inflammable
    • View Profile
« Reply #272 on: February 23, 2013, 01:16:31 am »

And so, bay12 found another discussion worthy of the king of the 'how many arms should this thing have?' and even the kingdom of 'needs more brains!'
This is pretty much why I do my games on bay12.

Is it just me or is evil lincon taking a long time to update?
It's just you. I've been a bit busy with moving and whatever. I'm hoping i'll be able to do an update tonight but don't expect any kind reliable updates for a few weeks.
« Last Edit: February 23, 2013, 01:41:52 am by Evil Lincoln »

RAM

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #273 on: February 23, 2013, 01:19:59 am »

There is plenty of room for an economy here, and we have no control over the Yollar, which could be devalued at any moment. We should have plenty of stone shards, and we could use the ore we found if need be. At the moment there is a limited facility to produce these so it should be easy enough to prevent counterfeiting until we have more sophisticated production methods. Initially we distribute the currency evenly, then we establish a communal treasury, which would demand a percentage of all citizens holdings at the leader's discretion for communal needs, such as funding the goblin shaman to acquire filth if we require a larger population, and funding new citizens with an initial allowance. The treasury could also offer a service to convert Yollars into Yeerples so that merchants and citizens can trade directly without relying upon the voices in the leader's head...
Vote (1) for the Urist scale!
I shall be eternally happy. I shall be able to construct elf hunting giant mecha. Which can pour magma.
Urist has been forced to use a friend as fertilizer lately.
Read the First Post!

10ebbor10

• Bay Watcher
  • DON'T PANIC
    • View Profile
« Reply #274 on: February 23, 2013, 04:40:08 am »

There is plenty of room for an economy here, and we have no control over the Yollar, which could be devalued at any moment. We should have plenty of stone shards, and we could use the ore we found if need be. At the moment there is a limited facility to produce these so it should be easy enough to prevent counterfeiting until we have more sophisticated production methods. Initially we distribute the currency evenly, then we establish a communal treasury, which would demand a percentage of all citizens holdings at the leader's discretion for communal needs, such as funding the goblin shaman to acquire filth if we require a larger population, and funding new citizens with an initial allowance. The treasury could also offer a service to convert Yollars into Yeerples so that merchants and citizens can trade directly without relying upon the voices in the leader's head...

These are pseudomedieval times. Our currency is only going to be worth as much as the raw material (Especially since we're not/barely going to be able to back it). So we might as well forgo the trouble and just keep the material in it's original state. Untill our economy becomes large enough that we can back up our currency with something else, I highly doubt any trader would accept it.

So no.

RAM

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #275 on: February 23, 2013, 06:20:44 am »

We can back up our currency with violence! And train our goblins to be an elite force of pranksters, causing mayhem and mirth amongst those who do not value our currency at > 102% of the value of its materials!
Vote (1) for the Urist scale!
I shall be eternally happy. I shall be able to construct elf hunting giant mecha. Which can pour magma.
Urist has been forced to use a friend as fertilizer lately.
Read the First Post!

Ochita

• Bay Watcher
  • Doofus ghostus
    • View Profile
« Reply #276 on: February 23, 2013, 06:38:19 am »

How about this

We don't worry about currency until it becomes a problem.
Quote from: Freeform
princest zaldo of hurl kindom: the mushroom aren't going to choice itself, ochita

Evil Lincoln

• Bay Watcher
  • Is non-inflammable
    • View Profile
Turn 13
« Reply #277 on: February 23, 2013, 07:41:09 am »

Turn 13-21:

Site:
Spoiler (click to show/hide)

You wake up, A few of the villagers are beginning to start their jobs. It looks like Monty is at the shrine trying to get some commands from Fellhawk. The Goblin who dug the pit is trying to put together a smelter with the excess dirt. You'll probably have to supervise that, since he has no idea what he is doing and with this quality of dirt it will be easy to mess up.

Inventory:

Tasks:

Population:

Settler's Wants:

Spoiler: Author Notes: (click to show/hide)

Informative post.
« Last Edit: February 23, 2013, 07:42:44 am by Evil Lincoln »

forsaken1111

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
    • TTB Twitch
« Reply #278 on: February 23, 2013, 08:26:04 am »

Trying to push our own currency on traders (whom we haven't even met) is just going to alienate them. They can't spend it anywhere else, why would they take it over an accepted and established currency?

I say:

Supervise construction of the smelter.

Form a latrine ditch which leads into the spawning pit. Sanitation is important.

Shit is getting a bit disorganized. Form a stockpile/storage area (just an area where we clear the grass and lay everything out for safe keeping) in the open area to the right of the spawning pit

NRDL

• Bay Watcher
  • I Actually Like Elves
    • View Profile
« Reply #279 on: February 23, 2013, 08:48:13 am »

Who's currently idling?
GOD DAMN IT NRDL.
NRDL will roll a die and decide how sadistic and insane he's feeling well you do.

Evil Lincoln

• Bay Watcher
  • Is non-inflammable
    • View Profile
« Reply #280 on: February 23, 2013, 09:03:47 am »

Who's currently idling?

The hammer goblin and the two humans that were doing lumber yesturday.

Gotdamnmiracle

• Bay Watcher
  • Or I'll cut ya to dust.
    • View Profile
« Reply #281 on: February 23, 2013, 09:20:20 am »

Who's currently idling?

The hammer goblin and the two humans that were doing lumber yesturday.

Cut trees. Make canoes.
Go back see if he's there and run him over, and drink his gun!

GreatWyrmGold

• Bay Watcher
  • Sane, by the local standards.
    • View Profile
« Reply #282 on: February 23, 2013, 11:13:07 am »

We don't need any of that right now, and the very commonness of stone shards leads to easy counterfeiting and probable inflation.

How about this
We don't worry about currency until it becomes a problem.
Agreed. Yollars are all we need right now.

Trying to push our own currency on traders (whom we haven't even met) is just going to alienate them. They can't spend it anywhere else, why would they take it over an accepted and established currency?

Supervise construction of the smelter.
Form a latrine ditch which leads into the spawning pit. Sanitation is important.
Shit is getting a bit disorganized. Form a stockpile/storage area (just an area where we clear the grass and lay everything out for safe keeping) in the open area to the right of the spawning pit
Cut trees. Make canoes.
Send the hammergoblin to scout up the mountain.
Make a mental note to capture more hats for the populace. And tame the one we have.
Sig
Are you a GM with players who haven't posted? TheDelinquent Players Help will have Bay12 give you an action!
[GreatWyrmGold] gets a little crown. May it forever be his mark of Cain; let no one argue pointless subjects with him lest they receive the same.

Aseaheru

• Bay Watcher
  • Cursed by the Elves with a title.
    • View Profile
« Reply #283 on: February 23, 2013, 11:25:12 am »

Lets get the Hammer gobbo to scout arround and the two humans to cut trees.
Highly Opinionated Fool
Warning, nearly incapable of expressing tone in text

Hubris Incalculable

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #284 on: February 23, 2013, 12:48:23 pm »

Instead of potentially angering the Gobboes, ASK THE DAMN SHAMAN WHAT SORT OF FILTH HE WANTS
Code: (Bay 12 Lower Boards IRC) [Select]
server = irc.darkmyst.net
channel = #bay12lb
Pages: 1 ... 17 18 [19] 20 21 ... 72