Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 331 332 [333] 334 335 ... 559

Author Topic: Fire Emblem on Forums (FEF), IC/Game Thread  (Read 393256 times)

Blade Master Model 42

• Bay Watcher
  • Edelgard did nothing wrong.
    • View Profile
Re: Fire Emblem on Forums (FEF), IC/Game Thread
« Reply #4980 on: July 14, 2013, 10:49:10 pm »

Valor stood in shocked silence for a little while after the kiss, before smiling widely. "Wow..."

Sirus

• Bay Watcher
  • Resident trucker/goddess/ex-president.
    • View Profile
« Reply #4981 on: July 14, 2013, 11:18:07 pm »

Gregor hid a smile at Valor's reaction, then adopted a businesslike tone of voice.

: "Alright everyone! That's enough messing around for now; we have a long way to go and there might be a fight when we get there. Grab your gear out of the wagon if you need to and we can be on our way as soon as everyone's ready."

Gregor decided to walk the first stage of the journey. After all, it would be easier to sneakily visit a certain store on foot than if he had to jump off the wagon or somebody's mount...
Quote from: Max White
And lo! Sirus did drive his mighty party truck unto Vegas, and it was good.

Star Wars: Age of Rebellion OOC Thread

Shadow of the Demon Lord - OOC Thread - IC Thread

Zako

• Bay Watcher
  • YEEEEAAAAHHHH!!!
    • View Profile
« Reply #4982 on: July 15, 2013, 12:34:07 am »

"I don't think I'm too old for such things, just not really the type to get into that sort of thing..." Edwin replied, scratching his chin through his beard.

"Still, I'd like to get to know each of you better, if I can. You are all so interesting!"

Switch out my used vulnerary for a fresh one in the wagon. Go ahead and walk with the others for the first part of the journey.
« Last Edit: July 15, 2013, 12:35:58 am by Zako »

SeriousConcentrate

• Bay Watcher
  • The Hollow Street Hero
    • View Profile
« Reply #4983 on: July 15, 2013, 01:27:33 am »

Chris walks with his supports friends, subbing out Edwin for Gregor since Gregor's got an 'errand' to run in town.

"Sure. Anything in particular you would like to ask?"
SerCon Shorts: This Is How You Do It - Twenty-three one minute or less videos of random stupidity in AC:U, Bloodborne, DS2:SotFS, Salt & Sanctuary, and The Witcher 3.

Zako

• Bay Watcher
  • YEEEEAAAAHHHH!!!
    • View Profile
« Reply #4984 on: July 15, 2013, 01:35:29 am »

"Oh, where do I start? Umm... How about your general views of everyone in the group? I'd like to know your opinion of everyone and what they do."

SeriousConcentrate

• Bay Watcher
  • The Hollow Street Hero
    • View Profile
« Reply #4985 on: July 15, 2013, 05:57:15 am »

"Very well. Let's see."

(I'll just go down the list.)

"Well, first is the red-haired gypsy Anja - I don't know her family name. I know she likes traveling and money. She's very friendly, nice. I think she has a thing for Alexander. As you can see, she travels by cart and basically trades letting us store things on it for protection."

"Charlotte Braxis is the cute girl with brown hair and all the bows. She's a fun drunk, impulsive, an excellent shot, and as near as I can tell, devoted to Gregor von Hexham."

"Speaking of, Gregor is heir to the von Hexham family of Menelea. He's an easy going guy, but pretty shy. He confessed to Charlotte last night. I like him, but he needs to start believing in himself."

"Alexander Jorinn is the steel giant over there. Oddly, he and I both worked at the same place for awhile, but I really don't know much about him. Our paths never really crossed much given our professions."

"I don't know what to make of you yet, Edwin Westbringer. Your accent certainly isn't Berebian or Menelean."

"The man with the wyvern and the accent thicker than mine is Salvatore Vaughan. He, like Alexander, is someone I haven't talked to much, although I did recruit him to our side when we first encountered him. I think he's on the run from something. I also think he's friends with Alexander but I'm not certain. I do know I've never seen him without his helmet."

"The beautiful woman with the red hair is my lover, Ami Storm. She has an alternate personality named Mia. You might have met her already. She is a powerful healer and if someone so much as looks at her funny I will slit him - or her - from gurgle to zatch."

"I, of course, am Christopher Shields. Or so I call myself. I do not know my lineage or what my parents named me. I grew up raising myself in the wilds of Menelea, lost my soul to a cult, moved to the city and learned the fine trades of robbery mugging and prostitution, moved into extortion and murder, caught the eye of Prixima Kesselring and was given the opportunity to work for her - which I did, as a spy, for two years before leaving to be with Ami. Prixima didn't take that well. I now wear the robes of the Forsaken family as King Tantallos's personal assassin slash bodyguard. As for my opinion of myself, I regard my skills quite highly."

"Olison Eul is my old partner. He and I have worked together since I joined Prixima's thugs, and we left her service together. He's a good horseman and is respectable and level-headed, if a bit... stuffy. You might get along well with him... I don't mean that as a judgement, so don't take it personally."

"The attractive blonde swordsman is Valor Inara. He cares mostly for money, his reputation, and Seyena. Despite his gruff exterior and experience in combat he's actually quite innocent in the ways of the world. Did you know he'd never even had alcohol before last night?"

"The blue-haired man in armored robes colored like mine is my Lord, Tantallos Forsaken. He's a powerful Druid and king of the Forsaken clan. He's a bit eccentric - expect to be called 'sage guy' whether or not you tell him your name - but his heart is in the right place. He - as am I - is a follower of the Plague Dragon. He'd be quite happy to tell you about it if you're curious."

"The cute blonde woman is Seyena Ikane. She's a valkyrie and she likes Valor. There's more to her than that, but for some reason or another we've never really talked much with each other. I do know Ami taught her a little about how to use healing staves."

"Finally, the stately young woman in the floppy hat is Riven. I know even less about her than about Seyena. I do know she is adept with ancient magic, has ambition, and Tantallos has his eye on her. I will also say I've been trying to matchmake the pair of them but it's rough going."

"There's another member of our troupe who sadly isn't here. His name is Derick and he's a dark-haired swordsman who wears a headband with the image of a wolf on it. He's an amazing swordsman - easily my match or better in skill, only with swords instead of knives - and he's quite a loyal person. He left our group to investigate the death of the leader of the mercenary band he and Ami used to be part of. I haven't heard of him since - which, given that Prixima put bounties on most of us, might just mean he's doing a good job at lying low."

Chris finished, stretching as he walked.

"Anything else you would like to ask?"
« Last Edit: July 15, 2013, 06:21:43 am by SeriousConcentrate »
SerCon Shorts: This Is How You Do It - Twenty-three one minute or less videos of random stupidity in AC:U, Bloodborne, DS2:SotFS, Salt & Sanctuary, and The Witcher 3.

Haspen

• Bay Watcher
  • Cthuwu
    • View Profile
« Reply #4986 on: July 15, 2013, 07:56:28 am »

"Being talkative much doesn't help with my job. We will move out immediately. Lord Mannan. She paused to bow her head and then she sat on her pegasus, one a bit larger than Seyena's.

"I have memorized the places where our informants will be waiting to point us toward our direction. Victory, or death, awaits us!" With that, she led the armed convoy-of-sorts, and the whole group went north-east.

~~Chapter 8: Mysteries of the Tomb~~

The path of the group was winding and often changing course at random points. A blacksmith at small village, a traveling merchant, an innkeeper, a soldier at small road post - all those people had secret information for Danya, about where to go. The last one pointed the group to the Casmere forest, known to be devoid of any settlements.

The surroundings turned less and less civilized, the snow-covered roofs of homesteads and road inns replaced by snow-covered hills and trees, by snowy plains of tall rocks and glades of pines. Soon the mercenaries with Danya in the front, entered a vast forest, with a straight path leading through the walls of trees...

"No sleeping in the wagon!" Danya knocked at the wagon's side with her lance, right near the head of sleeping Charlotte.

"I don't want to bury your corpse just because you are sleeping when enemy might strike." With that, she moved her pegasus closer to Salvatore's wyvern, and smiled to him.

"You were talking about dueling and killing some strong knights. Go on, I'm listening."
SigFlags!
Quote from: Draignean@Spamkingdom+
Truly, we have the most uniquely talented spy network in all existence.
Quote from: mightymushroom@Spamkingdom#
Please tell me the Royal Physician didn't go to the same college as the Spymaster.

Zako

• Bay Watcher
  • YEEEEAAAAHHHH!!!
    • View Profile
« Reply #4987 on: July 15, 2013, 09:31:03 am »

Riding on the wagon's front seat with Anya, Edwin turns to Olison.

"So Olison, I was wondering... How did you end up as a cavalier? What made you decide to be one exactly?"

Sirus

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #4988 on: July 15, 2013, 10:36:10 am »

Gregor simply kept quiet and watched the surrounding area as they marched. It was more likely for some other group, whether friendly or hostile, to initiate contact with the party rather than the other way around.

CrimsonEon

• Bay Watcher
  • Is that Blood Thine or the Enemy's?
    • View Profile
« Reply #4989 on: July 15, 2013, 11:00:49 am »

Olison's eyes snapped from scanning the way ahead towards Edwin.
: "Hm? Talking won't help us spot any threats, but in a few words-" Olison maintained speed as he began scanning the surroundings again, "It isn't really a choice as much as circumstance. I was given a lance, I excelled at it. Then I was given a horse, I excelled at it even more. I've simply had no reason to change that."

freeformschooler

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #4990 on: July 15, 2013, 11:16:41 am »

: "I'M AWAKE!"

Charlotte jumped at the sound of Danya's lance. Maybe the two of them had just gotten off on the wrong foot. Still, a woman as serious as that...

: "Don't you guys think the mercenaries would have found the tomb and made off with the treasure by now? I'm starting to lose track of time again..."

Zako

• Bay Watcher
  • YEEEEAAAAHHHH!!!
    • View Profile
« Reply #4991 on: July 15, 2013, 01:20:40 pm »

"I didn't realise you were a natural born horseman... You have my admiration and pity for having to sit on that animal for such long periods of time. It must get very uncomfortable." Edwin replied as he looked over the landscape.

Haspen

• Bay Watcher
  • Cthuwu
    • View Profile
« Reply #4992 on: July 15, 2013, 01:29:26 pm »

"Stop!" Danya stopped her pegasus and then brought her hand to her eyes, staring to north-east.

"Dammit, they've seen us!" She cursed under her nose and prepared her lance. Suddenly, the wind began to blow harder, sending snow into the faces of the mercenaries.

MEANWHILE...

A finely-clothed lady brushed some snow from the collar of her robe and stared at the dark staircase leading into the massive tomb, her dark blue hair flowing in the wind that blew from, surprisingly, inside of the tomb.

"Zos! Zos, are you guys allright?"

"Yeah, we will be up there shortly!"

"Okay... what do you think Raquel? Is this wind appeared suddenly because of the curse placed on the tomb, or is it just coincidence?--" As she said that, some snow blasted against the lady's horse. One of the horsemen nearby turned to the woman.

"Lady Matilda, our people spotted some armed men coming towards us."

"Oh? Tell our people to attack only in defense, or if those people won't stop their approach. Our mission is far too important and profitable to let anyone interfere."

"Sure." The knight turned toward the rest of large mercenary unit and began shouting orders.

"Derick, Raquel, please stay near me for now." Matilda took out an emerald-encrusted tome from a satchel at the side of her saddle.

~~Player Turn 1~~

Enemies stats here~!

Spoiler: HP (click to show/hide)
« Last Edit: July 15, 2013, 01:31:25 pm by Haspen »
SigFlags!
Quote from: Draignean@Spamkingdom+
Truly, we have the most uniquely talented spy network in all existence.
Quote from: mightymushroom@Spamkingdom#
Please tell me the Royal Physician didn't go to the same college as the Spymaster.

Sirus

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #4993 on: July 15, 2013, 01:47:31 pm »

Gregor trudged through the drifts and wind, grimacing at the cold feeling of snow getting inside his armor. He muttered to himself:

: "Couldn't have been sent on this mission in the summer. Had to be in the dead of a Berebian winter, huh?"

Move forward 3 tiles north.

Culise

• Bay Watcher
  • General Nuisance
    • View Profile
« Reply #4994 on: July 15, 2013, 01:49:37 pm »

"It's hard to say, Lady Matilda.  There's no sign of any ritual spell from up here, in spite of the warning, and it's not unusual to get a short breeze after cracking a tomb left sealed for this long.  Still, normally it's not this long or this strong.  I'd like to go down there and take a closer look, see if I can identify anything that could once have been a protective ritual, but..."

At the cry from the scouts, her head whipped around, but with the steady wind whipping up snow, she couldn't see anything save shadows, and that only faintly. 

"Understood."  Raquel raised her own tome as well, by contrast to Matilda's bound in a well-worn cover that gave little indication of its contents.  "Let's hope they just move on.  I'd hate if they were Berebian regulars; they might not look too kindly on us breaking into one of their lord's tombs."

Hold steady
« Last Edit: July 15, 2013, 02:04:59 pm by Culise »
Pages: 1 ... 331 332 [333] 334 335 ... 559