Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 18 19 [20] 21 22 ... 31

Author Topic: You are the head of a hydra. (Stopped, going to be restarted in a new thread)  (Read 50566 times)

GreatWyrmGold

• Bay Watcher
  • Sane, by the local standards.
    • View Profile
Re: You are the head of a hydra. On: Thirteenth Turn
« Reply #285 on: March 17, 2013, 07:19:45 am »

"Judging by our most recent encounter, his head may well slip down our throat. Anyways, I doubt that they would be able to keep a head alive, let alone useful to us."
Sig
Are you a GM with players who haven't posted? TheDelinquent Players Help will have Bay12 give you an action!
[GreatWyrmGold] gets a little crown. May it forever be his mark of Cain; let no one argue pointless subjects with him lest they receive the same.

Rolepgeek

• Bay Watcher
  • They see me rollin' they savin'~
    • View Profile
« Reply #286 on: March 17, 2013, 11:24:18 am »

"While I'd love to keep his armor, it's more important to not die. Besides, if it's magic, it should be tough enough to take a ripping open or two. If it can't, is it really worth having?"
Sincerely, Role P. Geek

Optimism is Painful.
Optimize anyway.

GreatWyrmGold

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #287 on: March 17, 2013, 12:14:23 pm »

"A: The choices aren't Live or Get Armor, they're Get Armor or Get Useless Heart. B: Yes, the armor IS useful--stealth is always useful, and even if it wasn't the armor would be valuable."
Sig
Are you a GM with players who haven't posted? TheDelinquent Players Help will have Bay12 give you an action!
[GreatWyrmGold] gets a little crown. May it forever be his mark of Cain; let no one argue pointless subjects with him lest they receive the same.

Rolepgeek

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #288 on: March 17, 2013, 12:45:25 pm »

"If I understand you...you're suggesting we wear the armor. Or that it'll fit anyone save a human. The choices are Kill Human, Get Killed by Human, or Capture Human. The latter has a better chance of the second than the former. Besides the fact that he almost certainly has friends to call upon. But can we please talk to the bloody dwarves? If they're not going to help us I'm going to eat the third one from the left. That one's for me. I called it."
Sincerely, Role P. Geek

Optimism is Painful.
Optimize anyway.

GreatWyrmGold

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #289 on: March 17, 2013, 12:57:01 pm »

"Many magic items shift their proportions and perhaps even size at will; it won't fit us, but it may fit one of our faithful or a dwarf, and if not we could sell it to a mage or something-or give it, as a start of friendship! Since I was arguing specifically against ripping out the puny Nan's heart, whether we kill him or not is not germane to this current discussion...although I feel we should try to capture him alive for completely unrelated reasons."
Sig

Dariush

• Bay Watcher
  • I don't think I !!am!!, therefore I !!am!! not
    • View Profile
« Reply #290 on: March 17, 2013, 01:11:51 pm »

I agree with Goldie completely. As much as it pains me to pass on biting the hand that gave me birth (or however that saying goes), I would much rather bite it off. Along with the rest of his limbs. One. By. One. While keeping him alive. And awake. Delicious.

Rolepgeek

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #291 on: March 17, 2013, 02:41:41 pm »

"Indeed, because the last time we tried, that went so very well."
Sincerely, Role P. Geek

Optimism is Painful.
Optimize anyway.

GreatWyrmGold

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #292 on: March 17, 2013, 02:50:08 pm »

"We are now stronger and know our enemy."
Sig

Fr0stByt3

• Bay Watcher
  • Co-Creator of Woven Worlds Productions!
    • View Profile
« Reply #293 on: March 17, 2013, 04:45:01 pm »

"Aye, and we are very good at pincer attacks, da?"
Funding rebels because seriously, fuck those guys.
((They're basically the new Mongols.  I gotta say, I have a newfound respect for the Jamaican police force after playing this game.))

Rolepgeek

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #294 on: March 17, 2013, 04:45:28 pm »

"More heads means less chance of coming to a decision as to what our body should do. It also means a higher possibility of interference from those of us with less cooperative personalities. And if you think a single battle that we lost badly means we know our enemy, than I don't think you'll be much better than Walton. That scout is exactly that. A scout. For a miltary group. And if their scout is that good, and equipped that well, how well do you think the actual enemy group will be armed? Hmmm?"
Sincerely, Role P. Geek

Optimism is Painful.
Optimize anyway.

Fr0stByt3

• Bay Watcher
  • Co-Creator of Woven Worlds Productions!
    • View Profile
« Reply #295 on: March 17, 2013, 04:51:15 pm »

"More heads means less chance of coming to a decision as to what our body should do. It also means a higher possibility of interference from those of us with less cooperative personalities. And if you think a single battle that we lost badly means we know our enemy, than I don't think you'll be much better than Walton. That scout is exactly that. A scout. For a miltary group. And if their scout is that good, and equipped that well, how well do you think the actual enemy group will be armed? Hmmm?"

"Ah, but we do not yet know whether he was the exception, or the rule. Ime will tell, brother. Time will tell."
Funding rebels because seriously, fuck those guys.
((They're basically the new Mongols.  I gotta say, I have a newfound respect for the Jamaican police force after playing this game.))

IamanElfCollaborator

• Bay Watcher
  • Resident Shipper God and Freyjapiller
    • View Profile
« Reply #296 on: March 17, 2013, 04:52:26 pm »

Eligor growled.

"Well...how about our board? We need to eat, do we not?"

Rolepgeek

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #297 on: March 17, 2013, 05:12:09 pm »

"Better to be foolishly prepared than fatally not. As for food...I've said before which dwarf is mine to eat, should we need to."
Sincerely, Role P. Geek

Optimism is Painful.
Optimize anyway.

GreatWyrmGold

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #298 on: March 17, 2013, 06:46:59 pm »

"Look, regardless of if we kill him or take him alive, the tactics will be the same until the last bit--and remember, most of us were TRYING to kill him."
Sig

Rolepgeek

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #299 on: March 17, 2013, 07:34:42 pm »

"Then our priority should be to get some allies that can assist us in finding and neutralizing him, one way or another, before he becomes a larger threat than he currently is."
Sincerely, Role P. Geek

Optimism is Painful.
Optimize anyway.
Pages: 1 ... 18 19 [20] 21 22 ... 31