Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 20 21 [22] 23 24 ... 31

Author Topic: You are the head of a hydra. (Stopped, going to be restarted in a new thread)  (Read 52126 times)

GreatWyrmGold

• Bay Watcher
  • Sane, by the local standards.
    • View Profile
Re: You are the head of a hydra. On: Fourteenth Turn
« Reply #315 on: March 28, 2013, 10:12:25 pm »

"We can offer our servants' aid and our own skills as a combatant and deterrent. As for what we need...defense from the human and elven zealots, a supply of food when the swamps run low, the right to speak at their council meetings...what more do we wish? Oh, and incidentally I suggest we denounce anyone who makes an official statement before we've reached some kind of consensus on that point...possibly lethal denouncement. One moment, please, good dwarves.
Sig
Are you a GM with players who haven't posted? TheDelinquent Players Help will have Bay12 give you an action!
[GreatWyrmGold] gets a little crown. May it forever be his mark of Cain; let no one argue pointless subjects with him lest they receive the same.

Gamerlord

• Bay Watcher
  • Novice GM
    • View Profile
« Reply #316 on: March 28, 2013, 10:46:49 pm »

FOOLS! THEY WILL EAT YOU ALL!

Rolepgeek

• Bay Watcher
  • They see me rollin' they savin'~
    • View Profile
« Reply #317 on: March 28, 2013, 10:54:01 pm »

Whispering: "Who cares about a council? A supply of food can be obtained by our followers...no, we need something they can provide that we can't get already. We can deal with things they can't...and in return, dwarves are good smiths, right? Have them make us armor. And metal claws to be sharper and stronger, probably longer too. Our servants can steal things for them, that should be helpful. We should definitely leave a clause allowing us to ask for more in the future."
Sincerely, Role P. Geek

Optimism is Painful.
Optimize anyway.

GreatWyrmGold

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #318 on: March 28, 2013, 10:56:32 pm »

"...Ah, I find it quite doubtful that dwarves will develop a suicidal taste fork hydraflesh anytime soon."

Whispering: "Who cares about a council? A supply of food can be obtained by our followers...no, we need something they can provide that we can't get already. We can deal with things they can't...and in return, dwarves are good smiths, right? Have them make us armor. And metal claws to be sharper and stronger, probably longer too. Our servants can steal things for them, that should be helpful. We should definitely leave a clause allowing us to ask for more in the future."
"If we're going to be helping the dearves out whenever they get into a conflict, we deserve the right to steer them away from pointless wars if our words can convince them of such. The same goes if we ever come to depend on them for food, say if we live in these dry mountains 24/7/336."
Sig
Are you a GM with players who haven't posted? TheDelinquent Players Help will have Bay12 give you an action!
[GreatWyrmGold] gets a little crown. May it forever be his mark of Cain; let no one argue pointless subjects with him lest they receive the same.

Rolepgeek

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #319 on: March 28, 2013, 11:04:26 pm »

"This seems to be a self-perpuating problem and solution. If we're on their council, we'll have to be up in the mountains, so we'll be low on food(according to you), thus we should be on their council to get food, ad infinitum. Why not have one of our servants function as an emissary? It'd help present a united presence to the dwarves as well, since we couldn't very well argue with each other in a letter. Unless some of you are more creative than I though.
Sincerely, Role P. Geek

Optimism is Painful.
Optimize anyway.

Gamerlord

• Bay Watcher
  • Novice GM
    • View Profile
« Reply #320 on: March 28, 2013, 11:04:39 pm »

"...Ah, I find it quite doubtful that dwarves will develop a suicidal taste fork hydraflesh anytime soon."
RUN DWARVES RUN! GOLDY WILL EAT YOU AND YOUR CHILDREN!

scapheap

• Bay Watcher
  • I'm a good guy...girl. My horse just eat souls.
    • View Profile
« Reply #321 on: March 29, 2013, 04:42:24 am »

out loud"Anyone know where the off switch is
"We can offer our servants' aid and our own skills as a combatant and deterrent. As for what we need...defense from the human and elven zealots, a supply of food when the swamps run low, the right to speak at their council meetings...what more do we wish? Oh, and incidentally I suggest we denounce anyone who makes an official statement before we've reached some kind of consensus on that point...possibly lethal denouncement. One moment, please, good dwarves.
whisping"We should not mention defense from the human and elven zealots since they should do that anyway and our demands? will seem fairer."
You were planning to have a 15 year old magical girl kill Witches by drinking them under the table!? It's original, at least.
Morpheus, a magic girls game

anailater

• Bay Watcher
  • Because She's Awesome
    • View Profile
« Reply #322 on: March 29, 2013, 07:17:12 am »

"I'm not a political mastermind, so I'll let you guys think about it."
Listen intently, head slap anyone whose being an idiot, or hurting our chances with the dwarves.
At best it's a pool of ink thats here for no reason; at worst it's a puddle of hateful alien death penises that want to murder-rape you into chunks.
So how are you today?

GreatWyrmGold

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #323 on: March 29, 2013, 07:59:11 am »

"This seems to be a self-perpuating problem and solution. If we're on their council, we'll have to be up in the mountains, so we'll be low on food(according to you), thus we should be on their council to get food, ad infinitum. Why not have one of our servants function as an emissary? It'd help present a united presence to the dwarves as well, since we couldn't very well argue with each other in a letter. Unless some of you are more creative than I though.
"Point is, we need some kind of representation...and to be honest, I'd feel safer if we did so in person.

"Could we include removal of stupid heads as part of our agreement? I think our total IQ went down when this guy showed up..."
Sig

Dariush

• Bay Watcher
  • I don't think I !!am!!, therefore I !!am!! not
    • View Profile
« Reply #324 on: March 29, 2013, 08:22:51 am »

"Could we include removal of stupid heads as part of our agreement? I think our total IQ went down when this guy showed up..."
I agree wholeheartedly.

((Is it even allowed to use quotes IC?))

GreatWyrmGold

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #325 on: March 29, 2013, 08:54:32 am »

((Is it even allowed to use quotes IC?))
((It's useful when you're replying to something other than the whole of the post above you.))
Sig

Fr0stByt3

• Bay Watcher
  • Co-Creator of Woven Worlds Productions!
    • View Profile
« Reply #326 on: March 29, 2013, 09:47:30 am »

"I'm not a political mastermind, so I'll let you guys think about it."
Listen intently, head slap anyone whose being an idiot, or hurting our chances with the dwarves.
"Same here."
Assist Doplis
Funding rebels because seriously, fuck those guys.
((They're basically the new Mongols.  I gotta say, I have a newfound respect for the Jamaican police force after playing this game.))

Rolepgeek

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #327 on: March 29, 2013, 10:16:37 am »

"Point is, we need some kind of representation...and to be honest, I'd feel safer if we did so in person.

"And I'd rather we have someone do it for us. Which is exactly why we need a repsentative. Idiots like him will continually get in the way at meetings, and us disagreeing with ourselves will not be helpful in negotiations."
Sincerely, Role P. Geek

Optimism is Painful.
Optimize anyway.

GreatWyrmGold

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #328 on: March 29, 2013, 10:24:06 am »

"And I'd rather we have someone do it for us. Which is exactly why we need a repsentative. Idiots like him will continually get in the way at meetings, and us disagreeing with ourselves will not be helpful in negotiations."
"I guess it's down to opinions...although I'd like to point out that we reasonable heads can shout down the idiots much more easily than we can a representative who we aren't even anywhere near..."
Sig

Rolepgeek

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #329 on: March 29, 2013, 10:30:11 am »

"If we send a representative from our servants with a consensus reached, nothing will have to be shouted down. That's the point."
Sincerely, Role P. Geek

Optimism is Painful.
Optimize anyway.
Pages: 1 ... 20 21 [22] 23 24 ... 31