Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

Poll

Can we make a nice gaussian-looking curve?

A
A
A
A
A
A
A
A

Pages: 1 ... 912 913 [914] 915 916 ... 1393

Author Topic: Sheb's European Megathread: Remove Feta!  (Read 1641388 times)

scriver

• Bay Watcher
  • City streets ain't got much pity
    • View Profile
Re: Sheb's European Politics Megathread
« Reply #13695 on: December 28, 2014, 05:59:40 pm »

Well, I'm pretty certain male and female milk glands are functionally identical, men just lack the hormones(/hormonal activity) to activate theirs. So good news! All you need is a hormone treatment and then you can lactate all you want.

And if you meant it the other way around, well, the world is a big place. I'm sure somewhere out there is somebody willing to be your nurse :P
Love, scriver~

TD1

• Bay Watcher
  • Childe Roland to the Dark Tower Came
    • View Profile
« Reply #13696 on: December 28, 2014, 06:00:47 pm »

Yea, I believe there are some men that do lactate.
Life before death, strength before weakness, journey before destination
  TD1 has claimed the title of Penblessed the Endless Fountain of Epics!
Sigtext!
Poetry Thread

Owlbread

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #13697 on: December 28, 2014, 06:12:38 pm »

Yea, I believe there are some men that do lactate.

Dustin Hoffman is such a man, I believe.

smirk

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #13698 on: December 28, 2014, 06:21:07 pm »

Men can train themselves to lactate, I'm pretty sure. It apparently takes a few weeks of "nipple stimulation". I don't... I've not tried it. Yet.
When i think of toady i think of a toad hopping arround on a keyboard
also
he should stay out of the light it will dry out his skin
his moist amphibian skin

Guardian G.I.

• Bay Watcher
  • "And it ducks, and it covers!"
    • View Profile
« Reply #13699 on: December 28, 2014, 06:25:14 pm »

Men can train themselves to lactate, I'm pretty sure. It apparently takes a few weeks of "nipple stimulation". I don't... I've not tried it. Yet.
Incorrect steroid usage can make men lactate.

Now... why the hell are we discussing lactating in a European politics thread?
this means that a donation of 30 dollars to a developer that did not deliver would equal 4.769*10^-14 hitlers stolen from you
that's like half a femtohitler
and that is terrible
Sigtext

MetalSlimeHunt

• Bay Watcher
  • Gerrymander Commander
    • View Profile
« Reply #13700 on: December 28, 2014, 06:25:44 pm »

It probably has more to do with the hormones. Many newborns lactate for this reason, as they retain a portion of their mother's biochemistry.
Quote from: Thomas Paine
To argue with a man who has renounced the use and authority of reason, and whose philosophy consists in holding humanity in contempt, is like administering medicine to the dead, or endeavoring to convert an atheist by scripture.
No Gods, No Masters.

Sheb

• Bay Watcher
  • You Are An Avatar
    • View Profile
« Reply #13701 on: December 29, 2014, 02:46:45 am »

Because we decadent Europeans live nipples and everything that has to do with them.

Quote from: Paul-Henry Spaak
Europe consists only of small countries, some of which know it and some of which don’t yet.

miauw62

• Bay Watcher
  • Every time you get ahead / it's just another hit
    • View Profile
« Reply #13702 on: December 29, 2014, 04:53:22 am »

The term, to clarify, is something not invented by rights advocates, but by 4channers, MRAs, red-pillers and what have you. It is specifically meant to be an insult, and is used by the most despicable kind of people. The kind of people that thik the causes we champion are stupid, women are inherently worthless and inferior, and black people are intellectually inferior and all criminals, and who have other colorful opinions about trasngendered people (some of them on 4chan actively working to get trans individuals to kill themselves,) and homosexuals.

Some times rights advocates will use it to throw it back in their face and lessen its power. Personally, I won't touch anything they are responsible for.
MRA is an extremely derogatory term, why would you use something like that?
You are obviously also generalizing all of 4chan, which is obviously dumb if you know anything about 4chan (mainly it being split up in about two dozen rather different boards.). A fairly tolerant place, in its own way.

E:
Also, I saw somebody in another thread be offended that somebody else used SJW as an insult.
(alright that's a pretty weird sentence, said person didn't believe SJW to be a derogatory term)
« Last Edit: December 29, 2014, 04:56:18 am by miauw62 »

Quote from: NW_Kohaku
they wouldn't be able to tell the difference between the raving confessions of a mass murdering cannibal from a recipe to bake a pie.
Knowing Belgium, everyone will vote for themselves out of mistrust for anyone else, and some kind of weird direct democracy coalition will need to be formed from 11 million or so individuals.

smjjames

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #13703 on: December 29, 2014, 08:50:01 am »

The term, to clarify, is something not invented by rights advocates, but by 4channers, MRAs, red-pillers and what have you. It is specifically meant to be an insult, and is used by the most despicable kind of people. The kind of people that thik the causes we champion are stupid, women are inherently worthless and inferior, and black people are intellectually inferior and all criminals, and who have other colorful opinions about trasngendered people (some of them on 4chan actively working to get trans individuals to kill themselves,) and homosexuals.

Some times rights advocates will use it to throw it back in their face and lessen its power. Personally, I won't touch anything they are responsible for.
MRA is an extremely derogatory term, why would you use something like that?
You are obviously also generalizing all of 4chan, which is obviously dumb if you know anything about 4chan (mainly it being split up in about two dozen rather different boards.). A fairly tolerant place, in its own way.

E:
Also, I saw somebody in another thread be offended that somebody else used SJW as an insult.
(alright that's a pretty weird sentence, said person didn't believe SJW to be a derogatory term)

I wasn't offended, just confused that it was derogatory and what the actual term is.

Loud Whispers

• Bay Watcher
  • They said we have to aim higher, so we dug deeper.
    • View Profile
    • I APPLAUD YOU SIRRAH
« Reply #13704 on: December 30, 2014, 07:02:11 pm »

1. What is 4chan & SJWism doing in Europol
2. Why is '4channers' being used unironically anywhere
3. Why are people talking shit about my chins u wn sum fite m8

Graknorke

• Bay Watcher
  • A bomb's a bad choice for close-range combat.
    • View Profile
« Reply #13705 on: December 30, 2014, 07:15:16 pm »

It gets everywhere LW. Everywhere. Like water does into a jetskiier who's fallen off.
Cultural status:
Depleted          ☐
Enriched          ☑

Morrigi

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #13706 on: December 30, 2014, 08:23:46 pm »

2. Why is '4channers' being used unironically anywhere
3. Why are people talking shit about my chins u wn sum fite m8
4chan is kill anyway, 8chan is the future

Spoiler (click to show/hide)
Cthulhu 2016! No lives matter! No more years! Awaken that which slumbers in the deep!

lorb

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #13707 on: December 31, 2014, 12:50:41 pm »

Greece dissolved its Parliament on Wednesday, preparing for early general elections next month that could provoke a showdown with its creditors and cause turmoil in financial markets. The vote, a constitutional requirement after Parliament failed to choose a president, is widely depicted as a referendum on the austerity measures imposed by the country’s creditors in return for multibillion-dollar bailouts. [...] The ballot will pit Mr. Samaras’s conservative New Democracy party against the left-wing party Syriza led by Alexis Tsipras, which has emerged as the front-runner in opinion surveys. Syriza has drawn support by promising to cancel austerity programs and demand the cancellation of debt.

Please be gracious in judging my english. (I am not a native speaker/writer.)
"This tile is supported by that wall."

Owlbread

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #13708 on: December 31, 2014, 02:07:55 pm »

Today is Hogmanay, a celebration traditionally more important here than Christmas (which wasn't a public holiday in Scotland until the late 1950s). It marks the last day of a significant year that I did not enjoy very much for a host of reasons, personal and political - but it's a year to be remembered anyway. I'm trying not to make any judgements on exactly where we're going or what sort of path we're on right now as a nation but I think I like what I see on the horizon; more powers devolved to the Scottish Government and the possibility of another hung Westminster parliament in which the SNP could have considerable influence. We live in interesting times.

But yes, what better way to ring in the new year to come by having the first same-sex marriages in Scottish history? The legislation legalising same-sex marriage came into force at 00:01 this morning so at about that time Susan and Gerrie Douglas-Scott were recognised as the first people to have a full same-sex marriage in Scotland, not just a civil partnership. The ceremony was observed by the First Minister Nicola Sturgeon and Patrick Harvie, convener of the Scottish Green Party:

Spoiler (click to show/hide)

Equal marriage is now legalised in Scotland, England and Wales. Northern Ireland is another story, unfortunately, but considering homosexuality was illegal in Scotland until the year 1980 you can see how far we've come. A great day for Scotland and for human rights.

Descan

• Bay Watcher
  • [HEADING INTENSIFIES]
    • View Profile
« Reply #13709 on: December 31, 2014, 02:11:44 pm »

You know what I've noticed? A lot of the time, the first legal marriages in a place are nearly always either older gentlemen (what would be termed bears, usually. Polar bears, even :P) or lesbian couples.

It's... a little strange that that is the trend.
Quote from: SalmonGod
Your innocent viking escapades for canadian social justice and immortality make my flagellum wiggle, too.
Quote from: Myroc
Descan confirmed for antichrist.
Quote from: LeoLeonardoIII
I wonder if any of us don't love Descan.
Pages: 1 ... 912 913 [914] 915 916 ... 1393