Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

Poll

Can we make a nice gaussian-looking curve?

A
A
A
A
A
A
A
A

Pages: 1 ... 946 947 [948] 949 950 ... 1393

Author Topic: Sheb's European Megathread: Remove Feta!  (Read 1644976 times)

Caz

• Bay Watcher
  • [PREFSTRING:comforting whirs]
    • View Profile
Re: Sheb's European Politics Megathread
« Reply #14205 on: January 12, 2015, 07:38:56 am »

I hope things settle down soon. The Charlie Hebdo thing seems to be the first lit match in a whole book of problems. Bomb threats to newspapers who try publishing it, revenge attacks against muslims, etc. Reminds me of the London riots. Every bad thing that happened started to set off another bad thing until the whole country was going crazy.

Guardian G.I.

• Bay Watcher
  • "And it ducks, and it covers!"
    • View Profile
« Reply #14206 on: January 12, 2015, 08:11:44 am »

this means that a donation of 30 dollars to a developer that did not deliver would equal 4.769*10^-14 hitlers stolen from you
that's like half a femtohitler
and that is terrible
Sigtext

smjjames

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #14207 on: January 12, 2015, 08:17:02 am »

Actually, they had their moments.

Ah yes, WWII, when massive unguided carpet bombing was a thing.

Edit: Well, apparently Obama wasn't at the rally, so, question to you guys in Europe, how big of a deal do you guys make of it with Obama or some other high ranking official (I thought John Kerry was there???) not being there? CNN is making it a moderately big deal, or at least questioning (as they should) why he wasn't there.
« Last Edit: January 12, 2015, 09:06:56 am by smjjames »

Phmcw

• Bay Watcher
  • Damn max 500 characters
    • View Profile
« Reply #14208 on: January 12, 2015, 09:22:09 am »

I don't like those rallies. If you want to pay respect to Charlie hebdo, draw a giant banner with all representative having an orgy with Jesus, Moses, Hitler and Mahomet and deploy it during the rally.
That's Charlie hebdo's spirit.

But appart from Charlie hebdo, I'm worried for the average Jew. They are terrorised, they fear for their kids everytime they drop them to school, and we have to guard their school heavily. Normal school are becoming too risky too. They are going to look over their shoulders everytime they go to a supermarket, and stay up at night listening for an home invasion.

No wonder some choose to go in Israël.
Quote from: toady

In bug news, the zombies in a necromancer's tower became suspicious after the necromancer failed to age and he fled into the hills.

Sheb

• Bay Watcher
  • You Are An Avatar
    • View Profile
« Reply #14209 on: January 12, 2015, 09:28:10 am »

Well, it's not really the risk, you have more Jews getting killed by terrorism in Israel than in Belgium or France. Talking with Jewish friends, it's more that they don't feel supported here, whereas in Israel, they are part of a community that will support its stricken.

Quote from: Paul-Henry Spaak
Europe consists only of small countries, some of which know it and some of which don’t yet.

Sheb

• Bay Watcher
  • You Are An Avatar
    • View Profile
« Reply #14210 on: January 12, 2015, 09:39:13 am »

So according to Fox News, we have Islamic no-go zones in Brussels. . They have their own courts, Islamic government, police and they kill infidels. Thanks Fox News.
« Last Edit: January 12, 2015, 09:43:03 am by Sheb »

Quote from: Paul-Henry Spaak
Europe consists only of small countries, some of which know it and some of which don’t yet.

FritzPL

• Bay Watcher
  • Changing avatar text since 2013
    • View Profile
« Reply #14211 on: January 12, 2015, 09:51:52 am »

... how the fuck is this station still in action? Is the bullshit they vomit every day full of air, allowing them to stay afloat?

smjjames

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #14212 on: January 12, 2015, 09:57:16 am »

So according to Fox News, we have Islamic no-go zones in Brussels. . They have their own courts, Islamic government, police and they kill infidels. Thanks Fox News.

They've already said something similar for Birminmgham :P

And yes FritzPL, I too wish that station would drown in it's own stupidity and go offair. All they do is reinforce the 'idiot american' stereotype.

Sergarr

• Bay Watcher
  • (9) airheaded baka (9)
    • View Profile
« Reply #14213 on: January 12, 2015, 10:01:55 am »

I get the feeling someone is trying really hard to make Europe start to behave as USA post 9/11.
._.

wobbly

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #14214 on: January 12, 2015, 10:03:58 am »

« Last Edit: January 12, 2015, 11:14:08 am by wobbly »

Phmcw

• Bay Watcher
  • Damn max 500 characters
    • View Profile
« Reply #14215 on: January 12, 2015, 10:08:01 am »

It's not an Islamic no go zone, but buisness is slightly disturbed in Mollenbeek and criminality is uncharacteristicly high for Belgium.

Of course it actually have nothing to do with Islam, and all to do with that corrupt fucker of Moureaux. Why he isn't in prison yet I don't know, his cabinet tryied to get rétrocommissions from my Sister's old workplace. I'm sick in my stomack when I think he's going to get away from it all scot free.
Quote from: toady

In bug news, the zombies in a necromancer's tower became suspicious after the necromancer failed to age and he fled into the hills.

Propman

• Bay Watcher
  • Eh.
    • View Profile
« Reply #14216 on: January 12, 2015, 10:27:21 am »

On this tangent, rather then referring the "Muslims" as some sort of monolithic block, perhaps it would be better to try and narrow down which extremist sects these people are of? As I said, blaming the Shiites for something that a group from the Sunnis (if said "group" can even really be called that anymore) did makes about as much sense as blaming the Orthodoxy for the actions of the Westboro Baptists.
« Last Edit: January 12, 2015, 10:30:12 am by Propman »
Quote from: from Pathos on April 07, 2010, 08:29:05 pm »
( It was inevitable, really. )

miauw62

• Bay Watcher
  • Every time you get ahead / it's just another hit
    • View Profile
« Reply #14217 on: January 12, 2015, 10:47:36 am »

... Which group would that be, though. And in the context of "attacks on Muslims", the usage of Muslims is correct.

Quote from: NW_Kohaku
they wouldn't be able to tell the difference between the raving confessions of a mass murdering cannibal from a recipe to bake a pie.
Knowing Belgium, everyone will vote for themselves out of mistrust for anyone else, and some kind of weird direct democracy coalition will need to be formed from 11 million or so individuals.

Erkki

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #14218 on: January 12, 2015, 10:53:54 am »

Remember the submarine hunt in Sweden? Apparently there was one more sighting, that time very close to Stockholm, just days after the wide scale searches were stopped...

http://www.dn.se/nyheter/sverige/misstankt-ubat-jagades-i-stockholms-inlopp/

Propman

• Bay Watcher
  • Eh.
    • View Profile
« Reply #14219 on: January 12, 2015, 10:55:34 am »

... Which group would that be, though. And in the context of "attacks on Muslims", the usage of Muslims is correct.

According to the Sunnis themselves, ISIS would appear to fall under the definition of "Khawarij".

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Khawarij
Quote from: from Pathos on April 07, 2010, 08:29:05 pm »
( It was inevitable, really. )
Pages: 1 ... 946 947 [948] 949 950 ... 1393