Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

Poll

Can we make a nice gaussian-looking curve?

A
A
A
A
A
A
A
A

Pages: 1 ... 1270 1271 [1272] 1273 1274 ... 1393

Author Topic: Sheb's European Megathread: Remove Feta!  (Read 1645755 times)

LordSlowpoke

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
Re: Sheb's European Megathread: Remove Feta!
« Reply #19065 on: August 11, 2015, 09:21:35 am »

The heck on the poll??? If there is a joke there, I don't get it.
German humour can be hard to understand, yes.
Sergarr, I told you - that territorial rearrangement must wait until after Mecha-Merkel has been crowned God-Empress of Europe! Jesus, couldn't you just have waited two more months instead of blabbing now?

Also, since when were Darwin and Che Germans?

chopin was german

also is merkel really going to rule until death, i heard she's going for a fourth term recently and i don't really see signs of people going against her

is this the rebirth of the fucking empire or something, because i want actual hohenzollerns back in that case

Sheb

• Bay Watcher
  • You Are An Avatar
    • View Profile
« Reply #19066 on: August 11, 2015, 09:23:07 am »

Chopin was Polish, and is not on any avatar around here...

Quote from: Paul-Henry Spaak
Europe consists only of small countries, some of which know it and some of which don’t yet.

LordSlowpoke

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #19067 on: August 11, 2015, 09:24:00 am »

chopin lived in france

belgium is half french

french people like to say that chopin was french

therefore chopin was half belgian

qed

Frumple

• Bay Watcher
  • The Prettiest Kyuuki
    • View Profile
« Reply #19068 on: August 11, 2015, 09:25:06 am »

Not sure if there were any in the US.
Oh, there's still living ones for the US, to say nothing of dead ones. We've got a fair number of folks that were/are involved in incredibly skeevy shit that still get pretty good reception in the homeland, and that's a pattern that hasn't changed for the last long while. Difference in scale, maybe, but what we lack in metaphorical quality we do a pretty good job on in quantity.
Ask not!
What your country can hump for you.
Ask!
What you can hump for your country.

Sergarr

• Bay Watcher
  • (9) airheaded baka (9)
    • View Profile
« Reply #19069 on: August 11, 2015, 09:27:49 am »

fourth term
Isn't, that, like, undemocratic? At least, I'm sure, it would be called, like, that, if, say, Putin did it.
._.

smjjames

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #19070 on: August 11, 2015, 09:28:54 am »

Not sure if there were any in the US.
Oh, there's still living ones for the US, to say nothing of dead ones. We've got a fair number of folks that were/are involved in incredibly skeevy shit that still get pretty good reception in the homeland, and that's a pattern that hasn't changed for the last long while. Difference in scale, maybe, but what we lack in metaphorical quality we do a pretty good job on in quantity.

Are you referring to Vietnam and Iraq?

fourth term
Isn't, that, like, undemocratic? At least, I'm sure, it would be called, like, that, if, say, Putin did it.

She is a Prime Minister, not President, not sure if Prime Ministers have term limits in Germany.

LordSlowpoke

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #19071 on: August 11, 2015, 09:30:06 am »

chancellors can basically keep going forever

if someone's going to try and tell me that merkel deserves to be treated like kohl with term length i'm going to attempt to make them wear a pickelhaube with the pointy end facing downwards

Sergarr

• Bay Watcher
  • (9) airheaded baka (9)
    • View Profile
« Reply #19072 on: August 11, 2015, 09:32:44 am »

fourth term

She is a Prime Minister, not President, not sure if Prime Ministers have term limits in Germany.
Wait, Germany has a President that's not Merkel? What does he even do?
._.

Antsan

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #19073 on: August 11, 2015, 09:35:33 am »

Saying that Merkel is not president doesn't really mean anything, as the president of Germany is largely cosmetic by design.
Taste my Paci-Fist

Guardian G.I.

• Bay Watcher
  • "And it ducks, and it covers!"
    • View Profile
« Reply #19074 on: August 11, 2015, 09:35:39 am »

fourth term

Germany is a parliamentary republic - the post of President is less important there than in Russia or the US.
this means that a donation of 30 dollars to a developer that did not deliver would equal 4.769*10^-14 hitlers stolen from you
that's like half a femtohitler
and that is terrible
Sigtext

smjjames

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #19075 on: August 11, 2015, 09:36:39 am »

fourth term

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/President_of_Germany

He has a whole lot less power than what Putin and Obama have. Looks mostly ceremonial to me.

Sergarr

• Bay Watcher
  • (9) airheaded baka (9)
    • View Profile
« Reply #19076 on: August 11, 2015, 09:44:46 am »

So President of Germany is like Queen of Britain, except even less relevant?
._.

Sinistar

• Bay Watcher
  • Absolutely detests Sinibombs
    • View Profile
    • http://dojo.fi/~rancid/loituma__.swf
« Reply #19077 on: August 11, 2015, 09:46:35 am »

Mecha-Merkel
I thought we agreed Merkel is in fact an eldritch abomination.
Everything is an instrument if you hit it the right way.
Oh they know. Spiders are not stupid. They've just got disproportionally huge balls.

Kot

• Bay Watcher
  • 2 Patriotic 4 U
    • View Profile
    • Tiny Pixel Soldiers
« Reply #19078 on: August 11, 2015, 09:49:07 am »

I was wrong. And I hope that there are few Poles like him, else we need to dig another line of trenches on the Western border, just in case.
Hey, weren't you supposed to not discuss this?
Also, funny you mention that, there was quite a lot of voices after the Russians "freed" the Crimea and such that Poland should go and "liberate" (since before the whole Ukrainian nationalism thing happened it was almost 100% Polish, and we consider losing it one of worst loss of Poland during creation of new borders) Lwów, but it was kinda stopped because west wouldn't be exactly happy (we did something like that at least once and we were said to be helping Nazis) and if there is someone we hold a bigger grudge against, it is Russia (not Germany though, all in all, they don't usually try to bullshit us that Holocaust never happened EDIT: USUALLY IS THE KEY WORD).
Not sure if there were any in the US. Unless you count the time (19th century mostly) where we often slaughtered Native Americans and treated them like third class citizens, or sometimes didn't even consider them citizens.
Yeah, you guys are pretty clean (or clear up the mistakes well, but that would be conspiracy theories), though I can think of few that weren't exactly glorious.
Like Executive Order 9066 and stuff.
ITT: We show off the shit other countries did.
chancellors can basically keep going forever
There was this one chancellor who also kept going forever, though in the end it was too much for him and he commited suicide.
french people like to say that chopin was french
Eh, and people wonder why Polish dislike pretty much every country that exist or existed (though really, stealing Chopin is a minor thing when it comes to French).
« Last Edit: August 11, 2015, 09:50:51 am by Kot »
Kot finishes his morning routine in the same way he always does, by burning a scale replica of Saint Basil's Cathedral on the windowsill.

MetalSlimeHunt

• Bay Watcher
  • Gerrymander Commander
    • View Profile
« Reply #19079 on: August 11, 2015, 09:51:16 am »

So President of Germany is like Queen of Britain, except even less relevant?
Quote from: Thomas Paine
To argue with a man who has renounced the use and authority of reason, and whose philosophy consists in holding humanity in contempt, is like administering medicine to the dead, or endeavoring to convert an atheist by scripture.
No Gods, No Masters.
Pages: 1 ... 1270 1271 [1272] 1273 1274 ... 1393