Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

Poll

Can we make a nice gaussian-looking curve?

A
A
A
A
A
A
A
A

Pages: 1 ... 1289 1290 [1291] 1292 1293 ... 1393

Author Topic: Sheb's European Megathread: Remove Feta!  (Read 1641273 times)

mainiac

• Bay Watcher
  • Na vazeal kwah-kai
    • View Profile
Re: Sheb's European Megathread: Remove Feta!
« Reply #19350 on: August 18, 2015, 09:41:20 am »

Little did the Russians suspect that the amero-fascist regime was just a distraction while the Canadians took them over from within.
Ancient Babylonian god of RAEG
--------------
[CAN_INTERNET]
[PREFSTRING:google]
"Don't tell me what you value. Show me your budget and I will tell you what you value"
« Last Edit: February 10, 1988, 03:27:23 pm by UR MOM »
mainiac is always a little sarcastic, at least.

Loud Whispers

• Bay Watcher
  • They said we have to aim higher, so we dug deeper.
    • View Profile
    • I APPLAUD YOU SIRRAH
« Reply #19351 on: August 18, 2015, 05:04:49 pm »

I shill for free

miauw62

• Bay Watcher
  • Every time you get ahead / it's just another hit
    • View Profile
« Reply #19352 on: August 18, 2015, 06:25:30 pm »

Shilleurs sans salaire

Quote from: NW_Kohaku
they wouldn't be able to tell the difference between the raving confessions of a mass murdering cannibal from a recipe to bake a pie.
Knowing Belgium, everyone will vote for themselves out of mistrust for anyone else, and some kind of weird direct democracy coalition will need to be formed from 11 million or so individuals.

Loud Whispers

• Bay Watcher
  • They said we have to aim higher, so we dug deeper.
    • View Profile
    • I APPLAUD YOU SIRRAH

Frumple

• Bay Watcher
  • The Prettiest Kyuuki
    • View Profile
« Reply #19354 on: August 18, 2015, 10:56:07 pm »

... will be interesting to see what the gov's response is, especially if/when it hits the 100k mark. Do remind the thread about it when something happens :P
Ask not!
What your country can hump for you.
Ask!
What you can hump for your country.

Kot

• Bay Watcher
  • 2 Patriotic 4 U
    • View Profile
    • Tiny Pixel Soldiers
« Reply #19355 on: August 18, 2015, 10:58:32 pm »

It kinda makes me wish to see someone make a very silly suggestion and hit 10k mark. Proably what the Govt will do is complain, but whatever.
Kot finishes his morning routine in the same way he always does, by burning a scale replica of Saint Basil's Cathedral on the windowsill.

Culise

• Bay Watcher
  • General Nuisance
    • View Profile
« Reply #19356 on: August 18, 2015, 11:00:45 pm »

It kinda makes me wish to see someone make a very silly suggestion and hit 10k mark. Proably what the Govt will do is complain, but whatever.
That'd be fun to see.  Hopefully Cameron, or at least his PR department, has the sense of humour Obama showed when he got that Death Star petition. 

smjjames

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #19357 on: August 18, 2015, 11:05:01 pm »

That'd be fun to see.  Hopefully Cameron, or at least his PR department, has the sense of humour Obama showed when he got that Death Star petition. 

The death star petition was pretty obviously a silly one that wasn't meant to be taken TOO seriously, this one looks pretty dang serious.

Culise

• Bay Watcher
  • General Nuisance
    • View Profile
« Reply #19358 on: August 18, 2015, 11:05:57 pm »

The death star petition was pretty obviously a silly one that wasn't meant to be taken TOO seriously, this one looks pretty dang serious.
Well, yes, but Kot mentioned he wants to see a very silly suggestion.  I was agreeing with that and giving an example for humour purposes. :P

Kot

• Bay Watcher
  • 2 Patriotic 4 U
    • View Profile
    • Tiny Pixel Soldiers
« Reply #19359 on: August 18, 2015, 11:06:33 pm »

I wouldn't be so sure, considering the military budget of the USA.
Kot finishes his morning routine in the same way he always does, by burning a scale replica of Saint Basil's Cathedral on the windowsill.

Frumple

• Bay Watcher
  • The Prettiest Kyuuki
    • View Profile
« Reply #19360 on: August 18, 2015, 11:59:10 pm »

Well, the US military budget is a bit over a half a trillion, last I checked. About the lowest estimate I'm seeing for a death star is 541,261 trillion USD. So it would take a bit under 1,082,522 years for the US military to fund the star, assume they shut down absolutely everything and dedicate the entire budget to construction (which may or may not be a desirable goal, I'unno). No telling how much longer the actual construction would take.

... so no, the military budget of the USA can't really manage a death star. The thing's bloody expensive.
Ask not!
What your country can hump for you.
Ask!
What you can hump for your country.

Kot

• Bay Watcher
  • 2 Patriotic 4 U
    • View Profile
    • Tiny Pixel Soldiers
« Reply #19361 on: August 19, 2015, 12:06:02 am »

Well, the US military budget is a bit over a half a trillion, last I checked. About the lowest estimate I'm seeing for a death star is 541,261 trillion USD. So it would take a bit under 1,082,522 years for the US military to fund the star, assume they shut down absolutely everything and dedicate the entire budget to construction (which may or may not be a desirable goal, I'unno). No telling how much longer the actual construction would take.

... so no, the military budget of the USA can't really manage a death star. The thing's bloody expensive.
That's what they want you to think.

Kot

• Bay Watcher
  • 2 Patriotic 4 U
    • View Profile
    • Tiny Pixel Soldiers
« Reply #19362 on: August 19, 2015, 12:20:59 am »

There's also the problem of literally not enough material on the planet to make it without melting down all of the cities on said planet.
Not like it's a problem for someone with enough nukes.

Kot

• Bay Watcher
  • 2 Patriotic 4 U
    • View Profile
    • Tiny Pixel Soldiers
« Reply #19363 on: August 19, 2015, 12:54:06 am »

What do you think they keep those "terrorist" guys from Guantanamo for? And remember this is just preparation, the real work will start when they'll melt all the cities with nukes.

Kot

• Bay Watcher
  • 2 Patriotic 4 U
    • View Profile
    • Tiny Pixel Soldiers
« Reply #19364 on: August 19, 2015, 01:08:18 am »

There is some more planets in our system all-right. Also asteroids.
Pages: 1 ... 1289 1290 [1291] 1292 1293 ... 1393