Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

Poll

Can we make a nice gaussian-looking curve?

A
A
A
A
A
A
A
A

Pages: 1 ... 1299 1300 [1301] 1302 1303 ... 1393

Author Topic: Sheb's European Megathread: Remove Feta!  (Read 1646224 times)

mainiac

• Bay Watcher
  • Na vazeal kwah-kai
    • View Profile
Re: Sheb's European Megathread: Remove Feta!
« Reply #19500 on: August 22, 2015, 03:10:57 pm »

So no restrictions on Italian tanks then?  Sweet.
Ancient Babylonian god of RAEG
--------------
[CAN_INTERNET]
[PREFSTRING:google]
"Don't tell me what you value. Show me your budget and I will tell you what you value"
« Last Edit: February 10, 1988, 03:27:23 pm by UR MOM »
mainiac is always a little sarcastic, at least.

Sergarr

• Bay Watcher
  • (9) airheaded baka (9)
    • View Profile
« Reply #19501 on: August 22, 2015, 05:50:45 pm »

Russia is not a European country.
#Exceptionalism #FreeTanksForEveryone
We are a European country! Just lagging a little bit in the past, like during most of our history. Give us a couple dozen years to figure out that it's time to stop rushing everyone with tanks

FSB would like to have a word with you, citizen.

But I wasn't joking about the tanks, really. There's plenty to go around in Republic of Karelia, for instance, with abandoned WWII-era tanks strewn across the landscape like cows in Belgium. [citation not needed]

I have a picture of my 11-year-old self sitting astride on the barrel of a derelict IS-2.
Well I too, sat on barrels of defunct tanks in my city (as a major producer of tanks, there of course was, and still is, a permanently open tank, artillery and other military vehicle exposition, with full freedom of exploration and no price tags attached), when I was like 14. It was fun. Too bad I haven't had any of these fancy "cameras" to save a picture...
._.

notquitethere

• Bay Watcher
  • PIRATE
    • View Profile
« Reply #19502 on: August 24, 2015, 01:26:23 pm »

Interesting article on the prevalence of fascists among the Russian fighters in Ukraine.

Helgoland

• Bay Watcher
  • No man is an island.
    • View Profile
« Reply #19503 on: August 24, 2015, 02:09:17 pm »

Very interesting! The links in there are worth a click or two as well.

On a different topic: Interesting article about cultural misunderstanding between Americans and Germans in the Eurozone crisis. Written by an American, by the way.
The Bay12 postcard club
Arguably he's already a progressive, just one in the style of an enlightened Kaiser.
I'm going to do the smart thing here and disengage. This isn't a hill I paticularly care to die on.

Loud Whispers

• Bay Watcher
  • They said we have to aim higher, so we dug deeper.
    • View Profile
    • I APPLAUD YOU SIRRAH
« Reply #19504 on: August 24, 2015, 03:50:07 pm »

Unsurprisingly it is about the need to destroy national identity and replace it with the EU visiontm. I long for the day when Cambridge's folly is torn to pieces, and we take Poland and Portugal with us to a Europe unbroken.

In other news, the migrant and refugee crisis has spread from Spain, Italy and Greece now into the Balkans too.
“It is not just a case of Greece not processing those (asylum) claims, but they are actively doing their very best to get the refugees to move on to central Europe as soon as possible,” Kurz said.
Germany says it expects a record 750,000 asylum-seekers to arrive this year, in a crisis overwhelming authorities in Europe from the Greek islands to the French port of Calais.
TO KRAUTLAND :D
The mayor of Calais has criticised David Cameron for being "mocking and contemptuous" as she reissued threats to open France's borders and allow thousands of migrants into Britain.
The mayor of a dying city getting mad at a spineless jellyfish calling out incompetence for incompetence. Whoever wins, everyone loses.
EU also can't stop trying to get its blue tentacles going everywhere they shouldn't be. Also apparently Britain is more of a threat than Russia considering how much more the EU has spent on self-promotion in Britain than against Russia.
Best ally :DDDDDD
Millions of pounds are being channelled into Westminster and Washington DC by the European Commission as part of attempts to promote its “vision” in Britain and the US. Hence why I'm apprehensive when the head of an American financial think tank and University starts going on about promoting the EU vision.
Also it's come up in news about how traffickers are using social media to share tips and market to potential migrants but that's been known for quite some time, people just seem to have short term memory. On the bright side the smugglers mostly all agree that London food is best food, so suck it Paris.

Moving onto Germany:
"Drastic" forecast of up to 750,000 refugees.
Germany must adjust figures as there are significantly more refugees than expected. Tomorrow the minister will announce the new forecast.

The High Commissioner for Refugees of the United Nations, António Guterres wants to relieve Germany with the distribution of refugees. "We must share the responsibility on more shoulders in Europe, it is not sustainable, that only two EU countries - Germany and Sweden - are in touch with powerful asylum structures taking the majority of refugees," Guterres told the "world".
Right, so instead of taking responsibility for the consequences of your own policies just make everyone else pick up the broken pieces.
The Police Union (GdP) warned on Sunday that German authorities were unable to register many of the refugees arriving in the country for lack of resources.
GdP believes that many refugees simply travel onward without allowing themselves to be registered, although between 250 and 300 people are stopped daily in Passau for identity and criminal record checks, with their details not stored on any database.
Yeah what could go wrong?
Oh and there's also riots going on in Germany. Europe is getting very acquainted with riots. Couple that with the probable recession come September and Europe's going to be a fun place for the foreseeable future.
And EU referendum probably going to take place in 2016 June. Whilst the vision sets the nations on Europe on fire, I shall be moister than a Pandan cake to see them restored.
]And finally this opinion piece on Greece:
Why are world stock markets suddenly having hysterical fits? The Greek crisis is over, sort of, and the Greeks won, sort of. That’s the signal from decision makers in Europe, aka Angela Merkel and Mario Draghi. Europe has given up the bluff and is unwilling to let Greece default out of the eurozone. Isn’t that what the markets wanted?
But this leaves only European taxpayers to pick up the tab for Greece’s debt, though Ms. Merkel and colleagues will conceal this fact from taxpayers for as long as possible. Radical reform of the Greek economy—the kind that countries undertake when their backs are to the wall—won’t be coming either. China is just part of this week’s global meltdown. What also is sinking in is Europe’s use of Greece to avoid recognizing its own deeper troubles.
I always find it funny when national governments losing power to unelected bureaucrats causes these crises to unfold and the response from europhiles is to demand losing even more power.

LordSlowpoke

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #19505 on: August 24, 2015, 04:06:06 pm »

step 1. annex greece

step 2. go full australia on the mediterranean

step 3. meet refugees with either gunfire or deportation

this makes europe great again

the ones here can tentatively stay because i have to have some room to escalate edginess, saying we should dust off auschwitz is too much to kick it off with

Loud Whispers

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
    • I APPLAUD YOU SIRRAH
« Reply #19506 on: August 24, 2015, 04:08:09 pm »

Oh shit man I cut myself on that edge

FritzPL

• Bay Watcher
  • Changing avatar text since 2013
    • View Profile
« Reply #19507 on: August 24, 2015, 05:14:50 pm »

lol inb4 the chinese caused the global warming and clinton's hair will lose her the election
also known as not giving a flying fuck about what's happening outside the nation, especially during the elections

Loud Whispers

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
    • I APPLAUD YOU SIRRAH
« Reply #19508 on: August 24, 2015, 05:16:05 pm »

I don't think they'd want to go to Iraq even if Iraq was safe as Iraqi grass is not nearly as green as Europe. Also you can't really just destroy ISIS/ISIL/DILDO because all the regional powers containing it don't want to commit to destroying it at risk of helping one of their rivals. Ideally you'd stop them at Turkey or North Africa but that's never going to happen. It's much easier to just stop them at Sweden. Moreover that doesn't solve the issue of just the migrants, those seeking Europe for economic reasons who aren't fleeing from war, or even those migrating from within Europe. The migrants traveling all the way from Pakistan or below the Saharan desert for example - destroying DILDO would do just about nothing in persuading them not to try and rush past the gauntlet into Europe. Would destroying ISIS turn back anyone camping in Calais or Cueta?
Rich nations with little border control and easily exploitable systems make for delicious cakes, even if by the time they get the cake migrants can't find they can eat them - they've already invested too much to turn back.

smjjames

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #19509 on: August 24, 2015, 05:16:50 pm »

Yeah, this refugee crisis is getting insane. Millions displaced, a little under half in countries that aren't exactly much better (Lebanon, Turkey) and the rest trying to flee into Europe only causing more of a clusterfuck there. In this game of global politics, no one wins.

...incidentally, there is a solution. The solution is to destroy ISIL. Why? Iraq without ISIL would be a fantastic place for all the refugees to go. If you don't want refugees to flee for your country, free up another. Thus, you've both stopped ISIL/ISIS and stopped the refugee crisis (albeit temporarily) all in one go.

Yeah, but then theres all those other things that they are fleeing from.

Europe, how does it feel to have a glimpse of the job of being the 'world police'?

Seriously though, would be nice if other countries could pull their weight rather than the US having to do it all.

Loud Whispers

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
    • I APPLAUD YOU SIRRAH
« Reply #19510 on: August 24, 2015, 05:22:35 pm »

Still, it would at least stem the tide a little bit.
For an exuberant amount of resources, an expenditure of human life - all at the risk of accidentally making ISIS stronger.

LordSlowpoke

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #19511 on: August 24, 2015, 05:34:11 pm »

the resources would be better spent telling the refugees to fuck off

once you shoot a few the rest think twice before jumping onto the hurp durp yurop wagon

Helgoland

• Bay Watcher
  • No man is an island.
    • View Profile
« Reply #19512 on: August 24, 2015, 05:35:12 pm »

Moving onto Germany:
"Drastic" forecast of up to 750,000 refugees.
Germany must adjust figures as there are significantly more refugees than expected. Tomorrow the minister will announce the new forecast.

The High Commissioner for Refugees of the United Nations, António Guterres wants to relieve Germany with the distribution of refugees. "We must share the responsibility on more shoulders in Europe, it is not sustainable, that only two EU countries - Germany and Sweden - are in touch with powerful asylum structures taking the majority of refugees," Guterres told the "world".
Right, so instead of taking responsibility for the consequences of your own policies just make everyone else pick up the broken pieces.
1) That was a UN official you quoted, not a German politician.
2) Germany is the country which takes in the second-highest amount of refugees per citizen in the EU, right after Sweden, and the country which takes in the highest total amount. This was mentioned in your own fucking quote.
3) What fucking policies do you mean? As far as I remember Germany has been remarkably passive in Middle Eastern geopolitics. So please, enlighten me.

I'll let slip your calling a few nazis getting drunk and rowdy a riot. It's Saxony, that stuff simply is to be expected there.
The Bay12 postcard club
Arguably he's already a progressive, just one in the style of an enlightened Kaiser.
I'm going to do the smart thing here and disengage. This isn't a hill I paticularly care to die on.

smjjames

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #19513 on: August 24, 2015, 05:39:23 pm »

the resources would be better spent telling the refugees to fuck off

once you shoot a few the rest think twice before jumping onto the hurp durp yurop wagon

That's about as feaseable as forcing Mexico to build the equivalent of the Great Wall of China on their borders.

Fniff

• Bay Watcher
  • if you must die, die spectacularly
    • View Profile
« Reply #19514 on: August 24, 2015, 05:43:43 pm »

Besides, shooting desperate refugees is going to look absolutely terrible to everyone except particularly psychotic Daily Mail readers. Unless that was an ironic shitposting pose you were doing there.
Pages: 1 ... 1299 1300 [1301] 1302 1303 ... 1393