Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

Poll

Can we make a nice gaussian-looking curve?

A
A
A
A
A
A
A
A

Pages: 1 ... 1380 1381 [1382] 1383 1384 ... 1393

Author Topic: Sheb's European Megathread: Remove Feta!  (Read 1644870 times)

Sheb

• Bay Watcher
  • You Are An Avatar
    • View Profile
Re: Sheb's European Megathread: Remove Feta!
« Reply #20715 on: September 29, 2015, 10:53:00 am »

The Nazis weren't exactly in power during WWI though. Any Nazi policy would have exactly 0 effect on the number of military age man in WWII, given that someone born when they came into power would be all of 12 by 1945.

Quote from: Paul-Henry Spaak
Europe consists only of small countries, some of which know it and some of which don’t yet.

scriver

• Bay Watcher
  • City streets ain't got much pity
    • View Profile
« Reply #20716 on: September 29, 2015, 10:56:27 am »

Are you saying nazis can't time travel?
Love, scriver~

Kot

• Bay Watcher
  • 2 Patriotic 4 U
    • View Profile
    • Tiny Pixel Soldiers
« Reply #20717 on: September 29, 2015, 11:00:09 am »

I belive that ideal Nazi woman was pregnant and barefoot in the kitchen. Nazis also legalized stuff like nudist beaches, didin't they?
The Nazis weren't exactly in power during WWI though. Any Nazi policy would have exactly 0 effect on the number of military age man in WWII, given that someone born when they came into power would be all of 12 by 1945.
That's what Hitlerjugend was for.
Kot finishes his morning routine in the same way he always does, by burning a scale replica of Saint Basil's Cathedral on the windowsill.

ChairmanPoo

• Bay Watcher
  • Send in the clowns
    • View Profile
« Reply #20718 on: September 29, 2015, 11:09:46 am »

You're wrong, of course. Nazi policies redefining "military age" had a marked impact upon it.

There's two kinds of performance reviews: the one you make they don't read, the one they make whilst they sharpen their daggers
Everyone sucks at everything. Until they don't. Not sucking is a product of time invested.

Erkki

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #20719 on: September 29, 2015, 11:30:50 am »

By the time they were "recruiting" 12 years old the result of the war was already clear. Had been for years.

Grim Portent

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #20720 on: September 29, 2015, 11:37:33 am »

Hmm, I think I got mixed up and thought the fertility side note was in regards to Germany/France pre-WWII, not pre-WWI.

Alternatively the Germans were secretly controlled by alien human-breeders, like dog-breeders but with humans, that were trying to refine the gene pool of their stock into pedigree tall, blonde, nordic purebreds. They were only stopped when alien animal rights advocates destroyed the Axis of Artificial Selection in the mid 40s.
There once was a dwarf in a cave,
who many would consider brave.
With a head like a block
he went out for a sock,
his ass I won't bother to save.

XXSockXX

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #20721 on: September 29, 2015, 11:39:44 am »

Reichsbesamungsregister
:D
..compiled by the Reichsbumsaufsicht?

You're wrong, of course. Nazi policies redefining "military age" had a marked impact upon it.
Not really. 14-17 year olds (and some younger ones) wouldn't be used until towards the end of the war, when they were deployed as anti-aircraft warfare helpers, as a measure of "last resort".
« Last Edit: September 29, 2015, 11:46:29 am by XXSockXX »

Kot

• Bay Watcher
  • 2 Patriotic 4 U
    • View Profile
    • Tiny Pixel Soldiers
« Reply #20722 on: September 29, 2015, 12:33:33 pm »

Reichsbesamungsregister
:D
..compiled by the Reichsbumsaufsicht?

Not really. 14-17 year olds (and some younger ones) wouldn't be used until towards the end of the war, when they were deployed as anti-aircraft warfare helpers, as a measure of "last resort".
Fun Fact. The previous Catholic Pope, Benedict XVI (the one who had resigned) was Luftwaffenhelfer (anti-aircraft warfare helper) during last stages of WW2.
Kot finishes his morning routine in the same way he always does, by burning a scale replica of Saint Basil's Cathedral on the windowsill.

MarcAFK

• Bay Watcher
  • [INSANITY INTENSIFIES]
    • View Profile
« Reply #20723 on: September 29, 2015, 02:36:56 pm »

I belive that ideal Nazi woman was pregnant and barefoot in the kitchen.
Watching nazi properganda movies makes me think the ideal nazi woman was barefoot and pregnant.... In some kind of industrial breeding factory.
They're nearly as bad as badgers. Build a couple of anti-buzzard SAM sites marksdwarf towers and your fortress will look like Baghdad in 2003 from all the aerial bolt spam. You waste a lot of ammo and everything is covered in unslightly exploded buzzard bits and broken bolts.

mainiac

• Bay Watcher
  • Na vazeal kwah-kai
    • View Profile
« Reply #20724 on: September 29, 2015, 02:44:35 pm »

She would also staff a farm while pregnant to earn money to send to her man at the eastern front.
Ancient Babylonian god of RAEG
--------------
[CAN_INTERNET]
[PREFSTRING:google]
"Don't tell me what you value. Show me your budget and I will tell you what you value"
« Last Edit: February 10, 1988, 03:27:23 pm by UR MOM »
mainiac is always a little sarcastic, at least.

MarcAFK

• Bay Watcher
  • [INSANITY INTENSIFIES]
    • View Profile
« Reply #20725 on: September 29, 2015, 03:00:53 pm »

She would also staff a farm while pregnant to earn money to send to her man at the eastern front.
Cleaning out the pig pens while Wagner plays.
They're nearly as bad as badgers. Build a couple of anti-buzzard SAM sites marksdwarf towers and your fortress will look like Baghdad in 2003 from all the aerial bolt spam. You waste a lot of ammo and everything is covered in unslightly exploded buzzard bits and broken bolts.

Antsan

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #20726 on: September 29, 2015, 03:02:44 pm »

Fun Fact. The previous Catholic Pope, Benedict XVI (the one who had resigned) was Luftwaffenhelfer (anti-aircraft warfare helper) during last stages of WW2.
If you were male, of the right age and not crippled you probably went into the army during the last stages of WWII. I'm not sure how old he was back then, but it would be kind of strange to judge his character by that.
Taste my Paci-Fist

Kot

• Bay Watcher
  • 2 Patriotic 4 U
    • View Profile
    • Tiny Pixel Soldiers
« Reply #20727 on: September 29, 2015, 03:06:16 pm »

If you were male, of the right age and not crippled you probably went into the army during the last stages of WWII. I'm not sure how old he was back then, but it would be kind of strange to judge his character by that.
Is anyone judging his character by that? IIRC, he ran away ASAP so that's something.

MarcAFK

• Bay Watcher
  • [INSANITY INTENSIFIES]
    • View Profile
« Reply #20728 on: September 29, 2015, 03:15:26 pm »

Whatever happened to popes who would relish the chance to become a martyr? Oh that's right Christians aren't meant to do that anymore, it's all about charity, taxing pilgrims, and selling indulgences.

mainiac

• Bay Watcher
  • Na vazeal kwah-kai
    • View Profile
« Reply #20729 on: September 29, 2015, 03:24:28 pm »

Whatever happened to popes who would relish the chance to become a martyr?

They died without becoming Pope?
Ancient Babylonian god of RAEG
--------------
[CAN_INTERNET]
[PREFSTRING:google]
"Don't tell me what you value. Show me your budget and I will tell you what you value"
« Last Edit: February 10, 1988, 03:27:23 pm by UR MOM »
mainiac is always a little sarcastic, at least.
Pages: 1 ... 1380 1381 [1382] 1383 1384 ... 1393