Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

Poll

Can we make a nice gaussian-looking curve?

A
A
A
A
A
A
A
A

Pages: 1 ... 385 386 [387] 388 389 ... 1393

Author Topic: Sheb's European Megathread: Remove Feta!  (Read 1645364 times)

misko27

• Bay Watcher
  • Lawful Neutral; Prophet of Pestilence
    • View Profile
Re: Sheb's European Politics Megathread
« Reply #5790 on: May 23, 2014, 09:26:45 pm »

Misko, either give a point or stop trying to show me to be a foreigner-hater. I blatantly am not. The suggestion that I am is more than annoying to me, so either make a valid point or stop deliberately trying to bug me.
You said increasing the population means less jobs, whether foreigner or Brit. If you think slowing/stopping immigration is a solution, it stands to reason you (or UKIP if you wish to disassociate yourself from your comments) consider it both possible, and positive, to stop the increase in people. But since "British-born or not", an increase of population from any source counts, including natural population growth. And the only solution to that is Malthusian tactics, or a one-child policy or something along those lines. Which is not one of the policies you, or UKIP, endorse. Meaning, regardless of whether all immigration to the UK was stopped tomorrow, the population would still increase. So what's up with that?

No I don't think you are racist or whatever, and regardless of whatever you may feel I am saying, I have not said so. I do believe you are supporting xenophobes however, which is not the same thing; Europe has quite the history of supporting such rightist fellows during times of economic strain. And I've seen a lot of evidence to support this. And little against.
« Last Edit: May 23, 2014, 09:30:17 pm by misko27 »
The Age of Man is over. It is the Fire's turn now

TD1

• Bay Watcher
  • Childe Roland to the Dark Tower Came
    • View Profile
« Reply #5791 on: May 23, 2014, 09:48:29 pm »

It's not a case, solely, of population growth. That will happen. A one-child policy is not in my, or UKIP's policy. More people will mean more people vying for jobs-however, if these people are not criminals and have skills needed, then they can only be a bonus, especially in the case of England, which has a lack of teachers at the moment. So, by all means, let the German teacher in if they suit other criteria (No criminal record, for example.) Don't let them in if they are on the sex offender's list (or somesuch.)

The population will always increase. I see no reason to add to this non-beneficial members from other countries. As for those in the country who increase, it's against morality to impose those sorts of rules, in my opinion, and a better way would be to try and provide both education and the best opportunity for work. It's all we can do-and, for the areas in which are own population doesn't fulfill the roles, then certainly immigration should be allowed to occur. By basis of skills, not race.

If you believe I am supporting racists, please show me what you believe to be racist about UKIP's policies. For comparison, a real racist party is the BNP. UKIP is not racist in and of itself, simply concerned with our role in Europe, of which immigration is one feature. If some individuals within the party express racist views, those are their opinions, and not the party's. These people are soon dealt with. And UKIP is more than the result of economic strain-it is a true representation of what a portion of the country believes. If it were for such flimsy reason, it would not have risen to become the fourth major party.
Life before death, strength before weakness, journey before destination
  TD1 has claimed the title of Penblessed the Endless Fountain of Epics!
Sigtext!
Poetry Thread

Graknorke

• Bay Watcher
  • A bomb's a bad choice for close-range combat.
    • View Profile
« Reply #5792 on: May 24, 2014, 02:25:59 am »

I see no reason to add to this non-beneficial members from other countries. As for those in the country who increase,
I would say that EU migrants are most certainly useful. Since they fill jobs that otherwise wouldn't be filled.
The agency supplying this farm with labour has had hundreds of Eastern Europeans pass through its doors in the last two years - and all of three English people.
But there's little appetite for taking one of those vegetable-picking jobs of up to £7-an-hour. One group of lads:

"No mate I'd prefer to sign-on than do that."

"I don't want to work in like no cornfield."

"I don't want to work with a load of foreigners."
« Last Edit: May 24, 2014, 03:18:43 am by Graknorke »
Cultural status:
Depleted          ☐
Enriched          ☑

miauw62

• Bay Watcher
  • Every time you get ahead / it's just another hit
    • View Profile
« Reply #5793 on: May 24, 2014, 03:17:57 am »

How do you determine "beneficial" in the first place?

Quote from: NW_Kohaku
they wouldn't be able to tell the difference between the raving confessions of a mass murdering cannibal from a recipe to bake a pie.
Knowing Belgium, everyone will vote for themselves out of mistrust for anyone else, and some kind of weird direct democracy coalition will need to be formed from 11 million or so individuals.

10ebbor10

• Bay Watcher
  • DON'T PANIC
    • View Profile
« Reply #5794 on: May 24, 2014, 03:32:04 am »

Let's see. Beneficial means to be not dependant on any welfare system, thus being net income for the state. No crime of any kind or shape, no bad track records, nothing of that kind.

Also:

Not qualified or interested for any job in the UK.

So I guess qualified means that you're rich enough that you don't need to work.

scrdest

• Bay Watcher
  • Girlcat?/o_ o
    • View Profile
« Reply #5795 on: May 24, 2014, 03:59:44 am »

It also implies none of the immigrants could possibly open a business, thereby actually increasing the number of jobs. That said, I don't know the statistics on that.
We are doomed. It's just that whatever is going to kill us all just happens to be, from a scientific standpoint, pretty frickin' awesome.

Graknorke

• Bay Watcher
  • A bomb's a bad choice for close-range combat.
    • View Profile
« Reply #5796 on: May 24, 2014, 04:09:18 am »

Not qualified or interested for any job in the UK.
I suppose I should specify that the quotes I quoted were from locals, not immigrants.
Cultural status:
Depleted          ☐
Enriched          ☑

MonkeyHead

• Bay Watcher
  • Yma o hyd...
    • View Profile
« Reply #5797 on: May 24, 2014, 05:38:36 am »

The media in the UK has made a big deal about UKIP apparently causing an earthquake in UK politics after the local elections. The have a tenth of the number of seats as Labour (who gained almost 300 seats) or the Tories (who lost around 150, which how many UKIP gained), and not a single council under thier control. I dont understand why this is such a triumph.
This is a blank sig.

10ebbor10

• Bay Watcher
  • DON'T PANIC
    • View Profile
« Reply #5798 on: May 24, 2014, 05:49:33 am »

Because, STATUS QUO remains really isn't a title that sells newspapers.

MonkeyHead

• Bay Watcher
  • Yma o hyd...
    • View Profile
« Reply #5799 on: May 24, 2014, 05:59:59 am »

Yeah, but "UKIP loses 8% of support" would be just as true and in tune with the anti UKIP feel of a section of our media. Instead even the outlets that hate UKIP are calling it some kind of new era.

I for one do not welcome our slightly racist, hypocritical, xenophobic middle Englander overlords.
This is a blank sig.

10ebbor10

• Bay Watcher
  • DON'T PANIC
    • View Profile
« Reply #5800 on: May 24, 2014, 06:35:47 am »

Anyway, in other news Belgium has it's elections tomorrow. Both Regional, Federal and European elections.

The interesting things, is that it appears that the New Flemish Alliance might get 30% of the votes (In Flanders, that is.), but that they will apparently, not mimic that result in the European elections.

Sheb

• Bay Watcher
  • You Are An Avatar
    • View Profile
« Reply #5801 on: May 24, 2014, 06:56:24 am »

The even funnier thing is that the New Flemish Alliance, that right-wing, borderlin xenophobic party's candidates for the EU commission is... Ska Keller!

Quote from: Paul-Henry Spaak
Europe consists only of small countries, some of which know it and some of which don’t yet.

smjjames

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #5802 on: May 24, 2014, 07:15:15 am »

The funny part is that she isn't even Flemish?

miauw62

• Bay Watcher
  • Every time you get ahead / it's just another hit
    • View Profile
« Reply #5803 on: May 24, 2014, 07:17:50 am »

The New Flemish Alliance isn't that xenophobic, really. We have Vlaams Belang for that :P

Quote from: NW_Kohaku
they wouldn't be able to tell the difference between the raving confessions of a mass murdering cannibal from a recipe to bake a pie.
Knowing Belgium, everyone will vote for themselves out of mistrust for anyone else, and some kind of weird direct democracy coalition will need to be formed from 11 million or so individuals.

10ebbor10

• Bay Watcher
  • DON'T PANIC
    • View Profile
« Reply #5804 on: May 24, 2014, 07:19:40 am »

Well, they're not as Xenophobic as Vlaams Belang before them. And yeah, most of the regionalist parties are part of the Green-European Free alliance, which is quite strange, as you're mixing left and right wing parties.

Then again, this might significantly reduce the force of Europsceptics in the EU.

The funny part is that she isn't even Flemish?
It's the European Commission.

Then again, the European Commision might decide to just throw away the candidate elected by the European Parliament.
Pages: 1 ... 385 386 [387] 388 389 ... 1393