Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

Poll

Can we make a nice gaussian-looking curve?

A
A
A
A
A
A
A
A

Pages: 1 ... 386 387 [388] 389 390 ... 1393

Author Topic: Sheb's European Megathread: Remove Feta!  (Read 1625196 times)

Sheb

• Bay Watcher
  • You Are An Avatar
    • View Profile
Re: Sheb's European Politics Megathread
« Reply #5805 on: May 24, 2014, 07:32:49 am »

The fun part is that she is a progressive, left-wing green who wants to gets more help for refugees.  :P

Quote from: Paul-Henry Spaak
Europe consists only of small countries, some of which know it and some of which don’t yet.

smjjames

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #5806 on: May 24, 2014, 08:10:11 am »

Not sure if the 'radicals' Putin is referring to here are the pro-Russians or Ukraine. Can anybody shed a bit of light on this? Not sure what the threats are specifically, like blowing up the pipeline, or just shutting it off and destroying the valve control. Though I'm sure most of it is underground, so blowing it up wouldn't be easy.

It would be ironic if the pro-Russian 'radicals' were the ones who disrupted the gas lines.

http://www.reuters.com/article/2014/05/24/us-ukraine-crisis-putin-gas-idUSBREA4N04Y20140524

XXSockXX

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #5807 on: May 24, 2014, 08:25:00 am »

Not sure if the 'radicals' Putin is referring to here are the pro-Russians or Ukraine. Can anybody shed a bit of light on this? Not sure what the threats are specifically, like blowing up the pipeline, or just shutting it off and destroying the valve control. Though I'm sure most of it is underground, so blowing it up wouldn't be easy.

It would be ironic if the pro-Russian 'radicals' were the ones who disrupted the gas lines.

http://www.reuters.com/article/2014/05/24/us-ukraine-crisis-putin-gas-idUSBREA4N04Y20140524
I'm pretty sure he is talking about pro-Ukraine radicals, ie the Right Sector. I doubt there is any indication anybody is really considering doing such a thing, as there is absolutely no incentive for that currently. I guess it's keeping up the narrative that Ukrainian radicals are a threat, while other signals point to Russia withdrawing a bit from the conflict.

smjjames

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #5809 on: May 24, 2014, 08:49:35 am »

Novorossiya, does that mean New Russia? That's what it looks and sounds like to me anyway. I would use google translate, but it'll just butcher it to something else entirely.

The two groups making territorial claims isn't a good sign, though not exactly unexpected.

Edit: Went and tried google translate and it just outputs how it's spelled in english.... which is exactly as it's spelled here.
« Last Edit: May 24, 2014, 09:01:16 am by smjjames »

TD1

• Bay Watcher
  • Childe Roland to the Dark Tower Came
    • View Profile
« Reply #5810 on: May 24, 2014, 08:54:29 am »

I see no reason to add to this non-beneficial members from other countries. As for those in the country who increase,
I would say that EU migrants are most certainly useful. Since they fill jobs that otherwise wouldn't be filled.
The agency supplying this farm with labour has had hundreds of Eastern Europeans pass through its doors in the last two years - and all of three English people.
But there's little appetite for taking one of those vegetable-picking jobs of up to £7-an-hour. One group of lads:

"No mate I'd prefer to sign-on than do that."

"I don't want to work in like no cornfield."

"I don't want to work with a load of foreigners."
All right? Did I not just say that immigration should be mutually beneficial? This is an example of that.

Yeah, but "UKIP loses 8% of support" would be just as true and in tune with the anti UKIP feel of a section of our media. Instead even the outlets that hate UKIP are calling it some kind of new era.

I for one do not welcome our slightly racist, hypocritical, xenophobic middle Englander overlords.
Good news: Democracy means the chance of overlords is nearly nil. Unless, of course, you wish to elect them as overlords :P

Anyway, to sum and end this argument on UKIP, such an arrangement should benefit both parties. There are a number who come in and don't help towards anything. There are criminal aspects who come in. There are those who come in with the intention of working with the country, of being a member of the country, and who are not criminal. Of these, I think I know which group should be chosen for. So, to say again, such a policy isn't racist; just common sense.
Life before death, strength before weakness, journey before destination
  TD1 has claimed the title of Penblessed the Endless Fountain of Epics!
Sigtext!
Poetry Thread

Guardian G.I.

• Bay Watcher
  • "And it ducks, and it covers!"
    • View Profile
« Reply #5811 on: May 24, 2014, 09:01:55 am »

Novorossiya, does that mean New Russia? That's what it looks and sounds like to me anyway.
It's named after an Imperial Russian province encompassing territories of modern Southern Ukraine.

Also, reportedly this is the flag of today's Novorossiya:
« Last Edit: May 24, 2014, 09:06:27 am by Guardian G.I. »
this means that a donation of 30 dollars to a developer that did not deliver would equal 4.769*10^-14 hitlers stolen from you
that's like half a femtohitler
and that is terrible
Sigtext

smjjames

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #5812 on: May 24, 2014, 09:11:26 am »

Novorossiya, does that mean New Russia? That's what it looks and sounds like to me anyway.
It's named after an Imperial Russian province encompassing territories of modern Southern Ukraine.

I admit I COULD have wiki'd it, but didn't know it was an Imperial Russian province in the first place. I wonder how much territory they are claiming because the historical province goes all the way to Odessa.

@the flag: Uh, Confederate flag without the stars. I don't suppose they could be more creative? Though one could also say it's Norways flag at a diagonal.
« Last Edit: May 24, 2014, 09:13:50 am by smjjames »

scriver

• Bay Watcher
  • City streets ain't got much pity
    • View Profile
« Reply #5813 on: May 24, 2014, 09:27:34 am »

It's a Scottish flag turned inside out with the blood of the imexploded scotchmen all around it!!1!
Love, scriver~

Sergarr

• Bay Watcher
  • (9) airheaded baka (9)
    • View Profile
« Reply #5814 on: May 24, 2014, 10:34:18 am »

Fun fact: Novorossiya = Novaya Russia.

If you can figure out the reference, cudos to you.
._.

LordSlowpoke

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #5815 on: May 24, 2014, 10:35:03 am »

empire earth innit

Sergarr

• Bay Watcher
  • (9) airheaded baka (9)
    • View Profile
« Reply #5816 on: May 24, 2014, 10:38:51 am »

Goddammit D:

At least that game had a masterful soundtrack.
._.

LordSlowpoke

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #5817 on: May 24, 2014, 11:07:12 am »

don't worry i'm an useless piece of shit who understands all these references and makes references people can't wait to not unde

* LordSlowpoke falls down stairs

Ukrainian Ranger

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #5818 on: May 24, 2014, 12:37:26 pm »

It's a Scottish flag turned inside out with the blood of the imexploded scotchmen all around it!!1!
I think it is based on the flag of Russian Navy :

Somewhat symbolic, Russian navy started that shit  in Crimea... add blood to it and everything fits

Also, Russian navy is anti-Scotland... That must mean something
War must be, while we defend our lives against a destroyer who would devour all; but I do not love the bright sword for its sharpness, nor the arrow for its swiftness, nor the warrior for his glory. I love only that which they defend.

Sergarr

• Bay Watcher
  • (9) airheaded baka (9)
    • View Profile
« Reply #5819 on: May 24, 2014, 12:40:35 pm »

Also, Russian navy is anti-Scotland

Wut. Scotland doesn't even have a navy. Yet.
._.
Pages: 1 ... 386 387 [388] 389 390 ... 1393