Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

Poll

Can we make a nice gaussian-looking curve?

A
A
A
A
A
A
A
A

Pages: 1 ... 388 389 [390] 391 392 ... 1393

Author Topic: Sheb's European Megathread: Remove Feta!  (Read 1624866 times)

LordSlowpoke

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
Re: Sheb's European Politics Megathread
« Reply #5835 on: May 24, 2014, 03:14:33 pm »

then start doing something about it

you were doing some behind the scenes work for maidan as far as i know, you have to have some contacts that think the same

i mean the fuck can i do, do you expect me to waltz into kiev and start shooting people at random until they obey me then implement a junta

Ukrainian Ranger

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #5836 on: May 24, 2014, 03:25:10 pm »

Forcing an army to act is rather impossible  for a civilian. I am somewhat involved... in some stuff... that will make resistance in my home region little more easy

With that kind of inaction our armed forces demonstrate it will not take long to see some guests...

War must be, while we defend our lives against a destroyer who would devour all; but I do not love the bright sword for its sharpness, nor the arrow for its swiftness, nor the warrior for his glory. I love only that which they defend.

Comrade P.

• Bay Watcher
  • For space is wide and good friends are too few
    • View Profile
« Reply #5837 on: May 24, 2014, 03:44:02 pm »

We're a band of brothers, native to the soil
Fighting for our liberty we gained by honest toil
But when our rights were threatn'd, the cry rose near and far:

*disk screeching*
Souyz nerushimy respublik svobodnyh
Splotila na veki velikaya Rus'
Da zdravstvuet sozdanny voley narodov...

Spoiler: Where's the joke here (click to show/hide)
« Last Edit: May 24, 2014, 03:49:49 pm by Comrade P. »
Sigs

Nobody exists on purpose. Nobody belongs anywhere. Everybody’s gonna die. Come watch TV?

Guardian G.I.

• Bay Watcher
  • "And it ducks, and it covers!"
    • View Profile
« Reply #5838 on: May 24, 2014, 04:13:22 pm »

There was me thinking all that belonged to various Ukrainian Cossack fiefdoms. I'll have to wait for Ukrainian Ranger to back me up there.
Bassically it was an area of constant warfare between Cossacks and Crimean Tatars. It was sparsely populated frontier not empty lands

_________
I am in a very bad mood and keep waiting when anti-terror operation will become counter terror operation... So far Ukrainian forces do nothing but sit in one place and serve as alive targets, only shoot back. No attempts to attack for the whole duration of that shit... I am actually dreaming about a real junta now... That kind of government would do something productive
Well, if Strelkov's claims about ~30 Ukrainian tanks and APCs amassing near Slavyansk are true, then you probably won't have to wait long.

EDIT: Detained Russian journalists from Life News have been released, after negotiations between representatives of Ramzan Kadyrov and the Ukrainian government.

Also, Life News claims that an Italian journalist (name currently unknown) was killed in the fighting involving the Ukrainian forces in the village of Andreevka near Slavyansk. Reportedly, his position was hit by Ukrainian artillery fire.
« Last Edit: May 24, 2014, 04:28:46 pm by Guardian G.I. »
this means that a donation of 30 dollars to a developer that did not deliver would equal 4.769*10^-14 hitlers stolen from you
that's like half a femtohitler
and that is terrible
Sigtext

smjjames

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #5839 on: May 24, 2014, 04:22:56 pm »

I get a big confederate states vibe from that flag.

Same thought here.

It's entirely possible that they derived it from the confederate flag because of the whole secession thing, but they could have added their own flavor to it or something to make it more unique.

Chances are that this won't be the final flag design.

On a bit lighter note, apparently Putin told Canada to butt out of Ukraine while talking about Arctic territory stuff. He cites distance, but both the US and Canada are about the same distance from Ukraine. Canada is probably a little bit closer, depending on where on the coast you're measuring from.

http://www.thestar.com/news/canada/2014/05/24/putin_to_canada_lets_talk_arctic_butt_out_of_ukraine.html

Comrade P.

• Bay Watcher
  • For space is wide and good friends are too few
    • View Profile
« Reply #5840 on: May 24, 2014, 04:35:06 pm »

I get a big confederate states vibe from that flag.

Same thought here.

More likely that they based it onto Russian Naval Jack, which is older than American Civil war:
Spoiler (click to show/hide)
Sigs

Nobody exists on purpose. Nobody belongs anywhere. Everybody’s gonna die. Come watch TV?

Sergarr

• Bay Watcher
  • (9) airheaded baka (9)
    • View Profile
« Reply #5841 on: May 24, 2014, 11:54:01 pm »

http://rt.com/news/161332-ukraine-president-election-virus/

Manual counting? Of millions of votes? Oh boy, I don't envy the counting people.
._.

smjjames

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #5842 on: May 25, 2014, 12:05:36 am »

That's what they had to do in the days before electronics.

I know there are thousands of observers there, but I'm just wondering if there are any in the eastern areas.

Duuvian

• Bay Watcher
  • Internet ≠ Real Life
    • View Profile
« Reply #5843 on: May 25, 2014, 12:46:05 am »

Something like half the voting stations in the East were not monitored due to being shut down or the OSCE people threatened according to a source I saw, might have been Al Jazeera (which I use because it has no ads like Yahoo likes to have crawl around my screen slowing everything to a crawl and occasionally giving me flash or shockwave error messages, which horrifies me at the thought of what kind of cookies yahoo probably is saving to my computer. Al Jazeera occasionally tries to save something to my computer that my browser stops but it's ad free.)
FINISHED original composition:
https://app.box.com/s/jq526ppvri67astrc23bwvgrkxaicedj

Sort of finished and awaiting remix due to loss of most recent song file before addition of drums:
https://www.box.com/s/s3oba05kh8mfi3sorjm0 <-zguit

Ukrainian Ranger

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #5844 on: May 25, 2014, 01:33:48 am »

Something like half the voting stations in the East were not monitored due to being shut down or the OSCE people threatened according to a source I saw, might have been Al Jazeera
That is a result of having a government of cowards... somehow Iraq and Afghanistan can run elections... That cowards can't because dangers of attacks exist... Yeah, some cities of Donbass are under control of the enemy. But most don't, flood the streets with armed soldiers and run that damned elections. Now they gifted "Donbass never voted for that president" argument to Russian Propaganda. Yet another defeat without a fight
War must be, while we defend our lives against a destroyer who would devour all; but I do not love the bright sword for its sharpness, nor the arrow for its swiftness, nor the warrior for his glory. I love only that which they defend.

miauw62

• Bay Watcher
  • Every time you get ahead / it's just another hit
    • View Profile
« Reply #5845 on: May 25, 2014, 03:37:37 am »

On an entirely different topic, Belgian elections started two and a half hours ago. So far, everything seems to be going smoothly.

Quote from: NW_Kohaku
they wouldn't be able to tell the difference between the raving confessions of a mass murdering cannibal from a recipe to bake a pie.
Knowing Belgium, everyone will vote for themselves out of mistrust for anyone else, and some kind of weird direct democracy coalition will need to be formed from 11 million or so individuals.

Sergarr

• Bay Watcher
  • (9) airheaded baka (9)
    • View Profile
« Reply #5846 on: May 25, 2014, 03:54:21 am »

On an entirely different topic, Belgian elections started two and a half hours ago. So far, everything seems to be going smoothly.
Will we finally see the elusive Belgian government, at last? I can't wait!
._.

miauw62

• Bay Watcher
  • Every time you get ahead / it's just another hit
    • View Profile
« Reply #5847 on: May 25, 2014, 04:11:17 am »

If we're lucky, yes.

Quote from: NW_Kohaku
they wouldn't be able to tell the difference between the raving confessions of a mass murdering cannibal from a recipe to bake a pie.
Knowing Belgium, everyone will vote for themselves out of mistrust for anyone else, and some kind of weird direct democracy coalition will need to be formed from 11 million or so individuals.

Digital Hellhound

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #5848 on: May 25, 2014, 04:38:30 am »

To bring the mysterious Belgian government out of its hiding, one needs the right lures, the proper rituals, a suitable offering, etc etc. It is a notoriously fickle beast, easy to startle. Remain wary.
Russia is simply taking an anti-Fascist stance against European Nazi products, they should be applauded. ˇNo parmesan!

MonkeyHead

• Bay Watcher
  • Yma o hyd...
    • View Profile
« Reply #5849 on: May 25, 2014, 05:36:03 am »

This is a blank sig.
Pages: 1 ... 388 389 [390] 391 392 ... 1393