Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

Poll

Can we make a nice gaussian-looking curve?

A
A
A
A
A
A
A
A

Pages: 1 ... 394 395 [396] 397 398 ... 1393

Author Topic: Sheb's European Megathread: Remove Feta!  (Read 1646517 times)

Ukrainian Ranger

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
Re: Sheb's European Politics Megathread
« Reply #5925 on: May 26, 2014, 02:14:41 pm »

Ukrainian Mi-24 helicopters bombed the airport,
+SU-25s and MIG-29s. First time Ukrainian army attacked using jets. It is rumored that Kadyrov's personal army became somewhat smaller

It is a nice airport, recently expanded and modernized :( Restoration will cost millions
War must be, while we defend our lives against a destroyer who would devour all; but I do not love the bright sword for its sharpness, nor the arrow for its swiftness, nor the warrior for his glory. I love only that which they defend.

Comrade P.

• Bay Watcher
  • For space is wide and good friends are too few
    • View Profile
« Reply #5926 on: May 26, 2014, 02:24:59 pm »

Was that PTRS on one of those pictures? How interesting.
Sigs

Nobody exists on purpose. Nobody belongs anywhere. Everybody’s gonna die. Come watch TV?

scrdest

• Bay Watcher
  • Girlcat?/o_ o
    • View Profile
« Reply #5927 on: May 26, 2014, 02:54:26 pm »

Looks like. I was about to comment on the humongous barrel one of the photos.
We are doomed. It's just that whatever is going to kill us all just happens to be, from a scientific standpoint, pretty frickin' awesome.

Comrade P.

• Bay Watcher
  • For space is wide and good friends are too few
    • View Profile
« Reply #5928 on: May 26, 2014, 02:58:18 pm »

Looks like. I was about to comment on the humongous barrel one of the photos.

Just mentioned that the list of conflicts PTRS was used in includes Siege of Slovyansk. Woah. Wikipedia reacts to those things too. Haven't mentioned it.
Sigs

Nobody exists on purpose. Nobody belongs anywhere. Everybody’s gonna die. Come watch TV?

Sheb

• Bay Watcher
  • You Are An Avatar
    • View Profile
« Reply #5930 on: May 27, 2014, 06:02:32 am »

In Belgium, De Wever (NVA) was appointed "informer", meaning he's supposed to form a government. I think. I sense months of no government coming.

Quote from: Paul-Henry Spaak
Europe consists only of small countries, some of which know it and some of which don’t yet.

10ebbor10

• Bay Watcher
  • DON'T PANIC
    • View Profile
« Reply #5931 on: May 27, 2014, 06:05:52 am »

In the mean time, floppy disc problems are apparently still not resolved, votes still being counted.

Sheb

• Bay Watcher
  • You Are An Avatar
    • View Profile
« Reply #5932 on: May 27, 2014, 06:13:39 am »

Actually, they were, at least in Liège.

Also, in the German-speaking community, the regionalist Pro-DG won several seat. They want their own region and province. Frankly, they should get it, it'd make Belgium's institutional make-up at least a bit saner.*

*I'm not even going to try to explain it right now.

Europe consists only of small countries, some of which know it and some of which don’t yet.

XXSockXX

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #5933 on: May 27, 2014, 06:28:35 am »

I assume it's because federalism works much better if you have more regions. It's not like there are no conflicts in German federalism, mostly between net-payers and net-recipients, but with 16 states stalemates don't happen as often.

10ebbor10

• Bay Watcher
  • DON'T PANIC
    • View Profile
« Reply #5934 on: May 27, 2014, 06:39:22 am »

Nah, it's not that. Regions are represented based on population, so not equally. The german part would be neglible

What it'd do is increase internal consistency, but I really don't want to explain the entire system. Hell, I'd probably have to do some research to get everything straight.

Sheb

• Bay Watcher
  • You Are An Avatar
    • View Profile
« Reply #5935 on: May 27, 2014, 06:51:36 am »

I'll give it a try.

So we have two kinds of subnational entities in Belgium: regions and communities. Communities deals with mostly culture and education, regions with unemployment, most economics policies, land use, agriculture and a few other things.
We have 3 regions and 3 communities, but those don't overlap. The German-speaking community is entirely on the territory of the Waloon region for example. The Flemish and French-speaking communities both run schools in Brussels, which is an independent region.

What they want is for the German-speaking to have their own regions as well as community, so it wouldn't be as messy. Oh, and they want their own provinces too, because we got provinces as well, that at least tends to fit within the regions.

Oh, and I dug up the list of attempts to form a government we had last time.

- Bart De Wever informateur
- Elio Di Rupo préformateur
- André Flahaut et Danny Pieters médiateurs
- Bart De Wever clarificateur
- Johan Vande Lanotte conciliateur
- Didier Reynders informateur
- Wouter Beke médiateur
- Elio Di Rupo formateur

Jeez, that was a wee bit ridiculous.

10ebbor10

• Bay Watcher
  • DON'T PANIC
    • View Profile
« Reply #5936 on: May 27, 2014, 07:04:18 am »

Especially because they had to invent some of these titles.

Sergarr

• Bay Watcher
  • (9) airheaded baka (9)
    • View Profile
« Reply #5937 on: May 27, 2014, 07:08:00 am »

I'll give it a try.

So we have two kinds of subnational entities in Belgium: regions and communities. Communities deals with mostly culture and education, regions with unemployment, most economics policies, land use, agriculture and a few other things.
We have 3 regions and 3 communities, but those don't overlap. The German-speaking community is entirely on the territory of the Waloon region for example. The Flemish and French-speaking communities both run schools in Brussels, which is an independent region.
May I ask why such a ridiculous administrative system was created in the first place?
._.

Sheb

• Bay Watcher
  • You Are An Avatar
    • View Profile
« Reply #5938 on: May 27, 2014, 07:09:07 am »

Well, as far as I know, there was disagreement between the Flemish and Walloons about how to federalize the country, with Flemish wanting a language-based division and Walloon wanting a territory-based one. So we got both.

Sergarr

• Bay Watcher
  • (9) airheaded baka (9)
    • View Profile
« Reply #5939 on: May 27, 2014, 07:14:36 am »

Well, as far as I know, there was disagreement between the Flemish and Walloons about how to federalize the country, with Flemish wanting a language-based division and Walloon wanting a territory-based one. So we got both.
The fact the Belgium have no government makes much more sense now.
._.
Pages: 1 ... 394 395 [396] 397 398 ... 1393