Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

Poll

Can we make a nice gaussian-looking curve?

A
A
A
A
A
A
A
A

Pages: 1 ... 673 674 [675] 676 677 ... 1393

Author Topic: Sheb's European Megathread: Remove Feta!  (Read 1644985 times)

LordSlowpoke

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
Re: Sheb's European Politics Megathread
« Reply #10110 on: September 02, 2014, 12:03:20 am »

eh, if it does collapse it's only going to make china stronger

honestly you're fucked either way, except instead of annexing your land they'll buy it out wholesale and grow wheat there

BlindKitty

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #10111 on: September 02, 2014, 01:14:42 am »

Hearing about Germany's 'historic responsibility' makes me shiver a little actually. There is plenty of land in Poland, for example, that Germany might have 'historic responsibility' to protect once shit hits the fan. Like the USSR had the 'historic responsibility' to be the guardian of stability in so-called Western Ukraine and Western Belarus. In 1939. It just sounds wrong to hear they feel responsible for stability anywhere outside of their own borders.

But hey, maybe I'm just prejudiced because people like Heinz Reinefarth were never tried in Germany after killing my grandparents during massive, massive war-crimes?

Also, China is much better than Russia as far as I'm concerned. For starters, they will need a lot of time to take over Asia, and leave us alone. Probably for so long that Muslims will take over Europe sooner than China, so there is no much threat from there.
My little roguelike craft-centered game thread. Check it out.

GENERATION 10: The first time you see this, copy it into your sig on any forum and add 1 to the generation. Social experiment.

Sergarr

• Bay Watcher
  • (9) airheaded baka (9)
    • View Profile
« Reply #10112 on: September 02, 2014, 01:23:27 am »

Oh god my sides, yeah Merkel's taking a stand and is going to economically nuke Russia.
Economically nuke = Full oil and natural gas embargo. I think we will see something milder

Russian economy is going to a collapse with a happy "chooo-chooo" sound already, but, IMO, it will take at the very least a year to get there. Not that my opinion matters :D I never understood that macroeconomics stuff
http://www.tradingeconomics.com/country-list/rating
S&P Rating:
RUSSIA    BBB-
UKRAINE  CCC
TE Rating:
Russia     54.81   STABLE
Ukraine    28.75   NEGATIVE

I'm pretty sure that means that Ukraine economy will collapse much, much faster than Russian economy.
._.

GreatJustice

• Bay Watcher
  • ☭The adventure continues (refresh)☭
    • View Profile
« Reply #10113 on: September 02, 2014, 01:40:30 am »

I wouldn't put much stock in the ratings agencies. I mean, they had subprime mortgage debt as being quite safe back in 2008, and they consider the US (a country with several trillion dollars debt and a deficit in the hundreds of billions) to have safer debt than China (the country that buys the US's debt), so take what they say with a small mountain of salt.

Anyhow, by the looks of things, things are headed for a repeat of 2008 in the near future barring some massive economic restructuring, and "trade wars" between Russia and Western Europe will only make that come sooner and be more painful for all involved.
The person supporting regenerating health, when asked why you can see when shot in the eye justified it as 'you put on an eyepatch'. When asked what happens when you are then shot in the other eye, he said that you put an eyepatch on that eye. When asked how you'd be able to see, he said that your first eye would have healed by then.

Professional Bridge Toll Collector?

Sergarr

• Bay Watcher
  • (9) airheaded baka (9)
    • View Profile
« Reply #10114 on: September 02, 2014, 01:48:51 am »

The repeat of 2008? Seriously? The world economy hasn't even recovered yet from 2008 crisis!
._.

Sheb

• Bay Watcher
  • You Are An Avatar
    • View Profile
« Reply #10115 on: September 02, 2014, 01:52:34 am »

Depending on the metric you use and the economy you measure, it has.

Anyway, it seems kinda weird to claim Germany has an historical responsibility to protect stability. Maybe in the sense of "We fucked it so badly in the 30's that we feel like we must prevent such a mess happening again.

BlindKitty, can you elaborate on Muslims taking over Europe, or was that merely a terrible attempt at a joke?

Quote from: Paul-Henry Spaak
Europe consists only of small countries, some of which know it and some of which don’t yet.

BlindKitty

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #10116 on: September 02, 2014, 02:02:49 am »

@Sheb

I call it, it is because of people like Owlbread that Europe will be conquered by Muslims.
Man, I love how no American or Western European forumite would ever get away with saying things like this, but when it comes from Russian nationalists it just glazes on over.

Just wondering whether I'm more Western European or Russian.

Also, I just found something interesting - about 20 minutes long video about the origins of WW II and a lot of interesting information about Polish involvement and losses in WW II. It has English captions, so it should be easy to understand for pretty much everybody.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=sHb-qIJTZ-M
My little roguelike craft-centered game thread. Check it out.

GENERATION 10: The first time you see this, copy it into your sig on any forum and add 1 to the generation. Social experiment.

Sheb

• Bay Watcher
  • You Are An Avatar
    • View Profile
« Reply #10117 on: September 02, 2014, 02:05:55 am »

Oh, stupid joke then :p

Europe consists only of small countries, some of which know it and some of which don’t yet.

Ukrainian Ranger

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #10118 on: September 02, 2014, 02:15:18 am »

Oh god my sides, yeah Merkel's taking a stand and is going to economically nuke Russia.
Economically nuke = Full oil and natural gas embargo. I think we will see something milder

Russian economy is going to a collapse with a happy "chooo-chooo" sound already, but, IMO, it will take at the very least a year to get there. Not that my opinion matters :D I never understood that macroeconomics stuff
http://www.tradingeconomics.com/country-list/rating
S&P Rating:
RUSSIA    BBB-
UKRAINE  CCC
TE Rating:
Russia     54.81   STABLE
Ukraine    28.75   NEGATIVE

I'm pretty sure that means that Ukraine economy will collapse much, much faster than Russian economy.
Yep. Ukrainian economy is almost collapsed, tell me something I don't know :)
But I believe that for Ukraine there are a chance to change direction we are heading. Having no war in our country would help...

Whatever will happen, this autumn\winter is going to be very, very hard time for Ukraine. I hope that the winter will be mild...

War must be, while we defend our lives against a destroyer who would devour all; but I do not love the bright sword for its sharpness, nor the arrow for its swiftness, nor the warrior for his glory. I love only that which they defend.

GreatJustice

• Bay Watcher
  • ☭The adventure continues (refresh)☭
    • View Profile
« Reply #10119 on: September 02, 2014, 02:22:45 am »

The repeat of 2008? Seriously? The world economy hasn't even recovered yet from 2008 crisis!

It has if you're a banker, a construction worker or a part time worker in a Western country
The person supporting regenerating health, when asked why you can see when shot in the eye justified it as 'you put on an eyepatch'. When asked what happens when you are then shot in the other eye, he said that you put an eyepatch on that eye. When asked how you'd be able to see, he said that your first eye would have healed by then.

Professional Bridge Toll Collector?

Sheb

• Bay Watcher
  • You Are An Avatar
    • View Profile
« Reply #10120 on: September 02, 2014, 02:54:02 am »

Or Chinese.

Loud Whispers

• Bay Watcher
  • They said we have to aim higher, so we dug deeper.
    • View Profile
    • I APPLAUD YOU SIRRAH
« Reply #10121 on: September 02, 2014, 03:38:35 am »

I wouldn't put much stock in the ratings agencies. I mean, they had subprime mortgage debt as being quite safe back in 2008, and they consider the US (a country with several trillion dollars debt and a deficit in the hundreds of billions) to have safer debt than China (the country that buys the US's debt), so take what they say with a small mountain of salt.
The latter part is still true, US debt is best debt.

It has if you're a banker, a construction worker or a part time worker in a Western country
Yeah it's been half a decade and more since, many Western nations have recovered/surpassed pre-crash economies

martinuzz

• Bay Watcher
  • High dwarf
    • View Profile
« Reply #10122 on: September 02, 2014, 05:10:05 am »

Oh, stupid joke then :p

C'mon keep it a bit more civil in your own thread. No need to go calling BlindKitty's joke stupid just cause you didn't like it.
I liked it :P

On other news, a NATO high general stated, that from a military perspective, the war is lost for Kiev, and the best thing they can do is retreat all their forces to prevent more dead.
link: http://www.spiegel.de/politik/ausland/ukraine-nato-haelt-niederlage-fuer-kiew-fuer-sicher-a-989308.html
« Last Edit: September 02, 2014, 06:01:29 am by martinuzz »
Friendly and polite reminder for optimists: Hope is a finite resource

We can ­disagree and still love each other, ­unless your disagreement is rooted in my oppression and denial of my humanity and right to exist - James Baldwin

http://www.bay12forums.com/smf/index.php?topic=73719.msg1830479#msg1830479

LordSlowpoke

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #10123 on: September 02, 2014, 06:29:34 am »

wow that's reassuring

thanks nato

MarcAFK

• Bay Watcher
  • [INSANITY INTENSIFIES]
    • View Profile
« Reply #10124 on: September 02, 2014, 08:03:12 am »

wow that's reassuring

thanks nato
Thanks Obama!
"We have been defeated. We are beaten; we have lost the battle." Thanks Président Raynaud.
They're nearly as bad as badgers. Build a couple of anti-buzzard SAM sites marksdwarf towers and your fortress will look like Baghdad in 2003 from all the aerial bolt spam. You waste a lot of ammo and everything is covered in unslightly exploded buzzard bits and broken bolts.
Pages: 1 ... 673 674 [675] 676 677 ... 1393