Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

Poll

Can we make a nice gaussian-looking curve?

A
A
A
A
A
A
A
A

Pages: 1 ... 923 924 [925] 926 927 ... 1393

Author Topic: Sheb's European Megathread: Remove Feta!  (Read 1624767 times)

Erkki

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
Re: Sheb's European Politics Megathread
« Reply #13860 on: January 07, 2015, 12:51:40 pm »

Sorry for the double-post-ish, but since these fellows are Jihadists but didn't want to become martyrs quite yet, I think they already have a 2nd target in mind. Everyones alarmed, so do you think they could be attacking the government or police directly, or will they try to stay underground for a while first?

Baffler

• Bay Watcher
  • Caveat Lector.
    • View Profile
« Reply #13861 on: January 07, 2015, 01:03:59 pm »

If I were them I'd go underground for awhile, or at least hit a target far away from the first. If they really are battle hardened IS veterans, it would be a waste to deliberately kill themselves in an attack when they can continue to do damage like this.
Quote from: Helgoland
Even if you found a suitable opening, I doubt it would prove all too satisfying. And it might leave some nasty wounds, depending on the moral high ground's geology.
Location subject to periodic change.
Baffler likes silver, walnut trees, the color green, tanzanite, and dogs for their loyalty. When possible he prefers to consume beef, iced tea, and cornbread. He absolutely detests ticks.

10ebbor10

• Bay Watcher
  • DON'T PANIC
    • View Profile
« Reply #13862 on: January 07, 2015, 01:15:57 pm »

Just being on the loose is sufficient to do additional damage.

Zangi

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #13863 on: January 07, 2015, 01:25:58 pm »

Just being on the loose is sufficient to do additional damage.
Public fear intensifies.

I want to say that they will go underground, as sleepers again.  But there may be information on rental vehicles and/or recent returns/immigrants from the Middle East that could narrow it down.  Maybe they even have it planned out, to martyr one of the 3, so the other 2 could hide/go back to their lives.  (If they had planned for the evidence to lead to that one martyr, if their lives are sufficiently separate.)
All life begins with Nu and ends with Nu...  This is the truth! This is my belief! ... At least for now...
FMA/FMA:B Recommendation

Sheb

• Bay Watcher
  • You Are An Avatar
    • View Profile
« Reply #13864 on: January 07, 2015, 01:31:55 pm »

They have all the cops of France searching for them. I'd be surprise if they manage to escape that.

Quote from: Paul-Henry Spaak
Europe consists only of small countries, some of which know it and some of which don’t yet.

Dutchling

• Bay Watcher
  • Ridin' with Biden
    • View Profile
« Reply #13865 on: January 07, 2015, 01:32:44 pm »

I'd be surprise if they manage to escape that.
The French cops or the murderers?

Sheb

• Bay Watcher
  • You Are An Avatar
    • View Profile
« Reply #13866 on: January 07, 2015, 01:45:22 pm »

The murderers. Either they'll go out in a blaze of infamy in the next few days, or they'll be caught.

Europe consists only of small countries, some of which know it and some of which don’t yet.

MetalSlimeHunt

• Bay Watcher
  • Gerrymander Commander
    • View Profile
« Reply #13867 on: January 07, 2015, 01:51:13 pm »

Or something even more horrible will happen. I just don't know anymore. I don't want to believe all the horrible tales about Europe's Muslim community, but as time passes and events continue to pass in line with that narrative's predictions...
Quote from: Thomas Paine
To argue with a man who has renounced the use and authority of reason, and whose philosophy consists in holding humanity in contempt, is like administering medicine to the dead, or endeavoring to convert an atheist by scripture.
No Gods, No Masters.

Zangi

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #13868 on: January 07, 2015, 01:54:41 pm »

Or something even more horrible will happen. I just don't know anymore. I don't want to believe all the horrible tales about Europe's Muslim community, but as time passes and events continue to pass in line with that narrative's predictions...

You mean to the Muslim community in Europe?
All life begins with Nu and ends with Nu...  This is the truth! This is my belief! ... At least for now...
FMA/FMA:B Recommendation

MonkeyHead

• Bay Watcher
  • Yma o hyd...
    • View Profile
« Reply #13869 on: January 07, 2015, 02:01:59 pm »

I am surprised by the lack of "claims". The general modus operandi for Islamic terrorism is either the familiar "blaze of glory" suicide, or "make sure you all know it was me who did it", like the Lee Rigby killing. Unless of course this was intended to be the first in a number of events, or somehow someone has kept the claims from becoming widely public (this I doubt).

I am also at a loss as to what the attackers hoped to actually achieve, save for some kind of brutal distorted "vengance". This will only serve to harden global attitudes to fundamentalist Islam, and will not really change many minds in the media about how to deal with portraying Islam. Those that were willing to post "offensive" material will continue to do so out of solidarity. those that would not, will continue not to. A minority of fence sitters may switch either way. Then again, trying to use logic and rationality with people who hold such zealous faith based beliefs is kind of pointless.
This is a blank sig.

Owlbread

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #13870 on: January 07, 2015, 02:09:45 pm »

No, he means Europe's Muslim community.

LordSlowpoke

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #13871 on: January 07, 2015, 02:16:29 pm »

No, he means Europe's Muslim community.

are you sure he doesn't mean the community of european muslims

Phmcw

• Bay Watcher
  • Damn max 500 characters
    • View Profile
« Reply #13872 on: January 07, 2015, 02:18:13 pm »

Basically our system is a bit lacking right now, and those who need it the most pay the biggest price.

But that doesn't mean that they transform into romantic non-violent progessive left wingers as some one the left seems to think, that mean a good deal of them are racist and mysoginist agressive morons particularly receptive to any form of radicalisation, uneducated and hardly employable.

So we need to act and improve that situation but that cost friggin money and for some reasons we're not allowed to spend money.
Any call to reduce immigration is called racist so years after years, migrant and their kids (working class have no time for kids) keep pilling into the bad parts of town and their mediocre schools.

Not that the average school is that good but with help of the parents, private tutoring and an open mind from the student it's rather ok.
Some schools are very good but they kick anyone not good enough. College are decent and accessible to anyone but hard and you get very little supprot. They are affordable by pretty much anyone, though, which help a bit but not enough : only the most intelligent second generation get there, and that's not enough to help improve the live of the average joe. Beside the job market is shit even then.

And Islam is pretty close to christianity, so you know what to expect: bascially you can have the progressive version, or you can have the "redneck"  one financed and manipulated by a few (in your case American, in their case Saudi).

I am surprised by the lack of "claims". The general modus operandi for Islamic terrorism is either the familiar "blaze of glory" suicide, or "make sure you all know it was me who did it", like the Lee Rigby killing. Unless of course this was intended to be the first in a number of events, or somehow someone has kept the claims from becoming widely public (this I doubt).

I am also at a loss as to what the attackers hoped to actually achieve, save for some kind of brutal distorted "vengance". This will only serve to harden global attitudes to fundamentalist Islam, and will not really change many minds in the media about how to deal with portraying Islam. Those that were willing to post "offensive" material will continue to do so out of solidarity. those that would not, will continue not to. A minority of fence sitters may switch either way. Then again, trying to use logic and rationality with people who hold such zealous faith based beliefs is kind of pointless.

The mentality is "Islam stronk, soon we will flood the streets of Europe and convert the infidels". You guys have to keep in mind that every groups is self supremacist. The west's domination that is an evidence in your eyes is an accident of history in theirs.
Quote from: toady

In bug news, the zombies in a necromancer's tower became suspicious after the necromancer failed to age and he fled into the hills.

Owlbread

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #13873 on: January 07, 2015, 02:19:57 pm »

are you sure he doesn't mean the community of european muslims

That also works. I just reread his post and realised I misread it as Zangi saying there was no European Muslim community, only a Muslim community in Europe.

Sheb

• Bay Watcher
  • You Are An Avatar
    • View Profile
« Reply #13874 on: January 07, 2015, 02:53:25 pm »

I'm not sure reducing immigration would have much of an effect. For starter, most of the Muslim population in countries like Belgium is made of immigrants from the 60's and their descendant, so stopping new migrants from coming in won't help much. But more importantly, those guys that pick up a gun and start shooting are people that feel like they don't belong here, and find an identity in Islam. I'm not sure that enacting a policy of "We already got too many people like you, we have to prevent more getting in would help".

What I think we need is nationalism, of the kind we saw in Scotland. We need to give people an identity they can be proud of, a project they can be part of, and that doesn't include killing anyone.

Pages: 1 ... 923 924 [925] 926 927 ... 1393