Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

Poll

Can we make a nice gaussian-looking curve?

A
A
A
A
A
A
A
A

Pages: 1 ... 943 944 [945] 946 947 ... 1393

Author Topic: Sheb's European Megathread: Remove Feta!  (Read 1624492 times)

Arx

• Bay Watcher
  • Iron within, iron without.
    • View Profile
    • Art!
Re: Sheb's European Politics Megathread
« Reply #14160 on: January 11, 2015, 10:37:08 am »

Left-wing parties tend to support gay rights. Right-wing parties tend to do the opposite.

Therefore, most gay people will support the left wing, because they're not actively trying to oppress them.

I am on Discord as Arx#2415.
Hail to the mind of man! / Fire in the sky
I've been waiting for you / On this day we die.

Sergarr

• Bay Watcher
  • (9) airheaded baka (9)
    • View Profile
« Reply #14161 on: January 11, 2015, 10:38:55 am »

So, why is there a correlation between gay rights and government position in the society?

Does wanting weak government automatically means that you hate gays?
._.

Sheb

• Bay Watcher
  • You Are An Avatar
    • View Profile
« Reply #14162 on: January 11, 2015, 10:43:02 am »

Well, being right or left wing doesn't have that much to do with opinions on the size of government.

Quote from: Paul-Henry Spaak
Europe consists only of small countries, some of which know it and some of which don’t yet.

Sergarr

• Bay Watcher
  • (9) airheaded baka (9)
    • View Profile
« Reply #14163 on: January 11, 2015, 10:48:31 am »

Ok I think I forgot what left or right wing means... again.

these fucking definitions man
._.

Antsan

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #14164 on: January 11, 2015, 10:51:02 am »

Basically here's the discourse of our political class : "No more budget for schools it's too expensive!"
"What? Reducing immigration to what we can handle, then? This racism cannot stand!"
"Holding Israël accountable? Anti semitism! They can kill who they want."
"Too much ciminality? That's because lack of school and lack of reinsertion? What more budgets for that? No, we cannot spend more money! You're still complaining? Racist!!"
"There are problem with the immigrant culture? RAAACIST!! What? 90 % of women of egypt are sexually mutilated then what? No there won't be a cultural shock!"
I resent the conflation of people who care about racism with people who deny there are problems.

At least the people I know who are fastest to complain about racism are also pretty fast to call for more money to be spent for education and quite a lot of them are also quite critical of Israel.
Taste my Paci-Fist

Propman

• Bay Watcher
  • Eh.
    • View Profile
« Reply #14165 on: January 11, 2015, 10:52:58 am »

Yeah, the KKK is more tied to skincolor. It's bad, yes, but Muslim extremists are worse because they came a few decades later when they could have easier access to things like automatic weaponry and rocket launchers. Muslim extremists are also not as opposed to suicide bombings.

KKK is a firmly christian organization. It is part and parcel of their beliefs.

I rarely communicate ideas well, it seems.

Perhaps it is because I am accustomed to speaking to a different audience, one that is more likely to understand my intent as it is delivered.

Also remember however that the KKK detests Catholics and would not hesitate to do to them what they did to the blacks. One thing that sets Christianity apart from the other Abrahamic religions is the fact that it's HEAVILY fractionated, with the main divisions being between Protestants/Mormons and Catholics/Orthodoxy, with the and being the biggest divider between the four sides, and that's just a generalization, not even accounting for things like the Episcopals and the Evangelists. It's difficult to blame any one thing on "Christianity" because Christians of one church will be quick to condemn and split off from those of another that they do not agree with, and will just as often bicker amongst themselves as they would outsiders.

The Sunni/Shiite split between Islam is roughly equivalent to this, and when you have Muslims fighting other Muslims, I'd guess it's usually because of these lines. Nevertheless, whether Islam dividing itself as a faith, even if only to remove the extremist elements is a good or a bad thing is difficult to say; the division of the church certainly hasn't done Christians many favors.

And I might add onto this.

However, your ready condemnation (or rather ready use of it as an example of a religion that does reprehensible things) of Christianity reveals a larger subset of this "Extremist problem", that I've been noticing has cropped up continuously. Even as distant as the Islamic fundamentalists are from the Christian churches, their actions ring across the Muslim community, which rings across the Christian community, which draws into us, because many secular folk seem to, either out of contempt or ignorance, equate both the Muslims and the Christians into a homogenized faction of superstitious barbarians which have no place in the modern world due to some of our more antiquated beliefs (whether or not we still hold and/or practice them nonewithstanding), as well as the actions of our predecessors. The far-left cannot defend Islam because too many members of its creed view the Muslims, and the Christians, and even the Jews (in spite of condemning the Holocaust) as undesirable in the secularized west, and they only look like hypocrites trying to badger in the Muslims for political gain when attempting, where the far-right can easily chalk up their stance against them as "they're different" without breaking character in spite of the fact that they [the Muslims] share far more ground with the right ideologically then they do the left.

Truth be told, the Militants are giving all of the western faiths a bad reputation.
« Last Edit: January 11, 2015, 10:57:10 am by Propman »
Quote from: from Pathos on April 07, 2010, 08:29:05 pm »
( It was inevitable, really. )

Phmcw

• Bay Watcher
  • Damn max 500 characters
    • View Profile
« Reply #14166 on: January 11, 2015, 11:20:36 am »

Basically here's the discourse of our political class : "No more budget for schools it's too expensive!"
"What? Reducing immigration to what we can handle, then? This racism cannot stand!"
"Holding Israël accountable? Anti semitism! They can kill who they want."
"Too much ciminality? That's because lack of school and lack of reinsertion? What more budgets for that? No, we cannot spend more money! You're still complaining? Racist!!"
"There are problem with the immigrant culture? RAAACIST!! What? 90 % of women of egypt are sexually mutilated then what? No there won't be a cultural shock!"
I resent the conflation of people who care about racism with people who deny there are problems.

At least the people I know who are fastest to complain about racism are also pretty fast to call for more money to be spent for education and quite a lot of them are also quite critical of Israel.

I'm speaking about the politicians, not the bases.

The bases want roughtly the same thing with different words, have the same end with slightly different means. It's obvious since the winner of the election change every five years : peoples don't radically change their mind in five years.

That string of answers is how the French political class answer, and in a lesser way how the Belgian one does too. They battle one concern with the other, neutralize one revandication with another and deflect criticism on the voters, blaming them for things the voter have no power about, but that politicians could have done.
Quote from: toady

In bug news, the zombies in a necromancer's tower became suspicious after the necromancer failed to age and he fled into the hills.

Sergarr

• Bay Watcher
  • (9) airheaded baka (9)
    • View Profile
._.

Sheb

• Bay Watcher
  • You Are An Avatar
    • View Profile
« Reply #14168 on: January 11, 2015, 11:31:46 am »

Gosh, the guy dared to wave. I'm shocked.

Honestly Sergarr, by your definition, the only politician I know that's not a Nazi is John McCain.

Europe consists only of small countries, some of which know it and some of which don’t yet.

misko27

• Bay Watcher
  • Lawful Neutral; Prophet of Pestilence
    • View Profile
« Reply #14169 on: January 11, 2015, 11:35:35 am »

And then there is the far right : "immigration is the root of all evil. EEEEEVILLLLL"
As opposed to you, for whom politicians are the root of all evil. I mean geez, its sounds like you think everyone would be just fine if all your politicians would just drop off the face of the earth. Politicians can only wield the tools they are given, and they are just as human as the people they lead (simultaneously, the people they lead is just as human as they are).

Honestly Sergarr, by your definition, the only politician I know that's not a Nazi is John McCain.
McCain 2016: Less Nazi then the other guy.
The Age of Man is over. It is the Fire's turn now

Dutchling

• Bay Watcher
  • Ridin' with Biden
    • View Profile
« Reply #14170 on: January 11, 2015, 12:14:00 pm »

Sheb, since when is Wilders gay?

Pretty sure he's married to, you know, a woman. Might even be a Muslim woman now I think about it.

Sergarr

• Bay Watcher
  • (9) airheaded baka (9)
    • View Profile
« Reply #14171 on: January 11, 2015, 12:21:02 pm »

Normal people do not wave at demonstrations in memory of someone's deaths.

The other politicians in the picture are not very amused with his gesture, as their faces show.
._.

Erkki

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #14172 on: January 11, 2015, 12:41:28 pm »

The other politicians in the picture are not very amused with his gesture, as their faces show.

I was more amused by Sergei Lavrov's attendance.

Vilanat

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #14173 on: January 11, 2015, 12:44:41 pm »

A lot of them had waved the audience. Francois Hollande for example.

Sheb

• Bay Watcher
  • You Are An Avatar
    • View Profile
« Reply #14174 on: January 11, 2015, 12:56:34 pm »

Sheb, since when is Wilders gay?

Pretty sure he's married to, you know, a woman. Might even be a Muslim woman now I think about it.

My god, you're right. She's Hungarian though.

Pages: 1 ... 943 944 [945] 946 947 ... 1393