Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

Poll

Can we make a nice gaussian-looking curve?

A
A
A
A
A
A
A
A

Pages: 1 ... 950 951 [952] 953 954 ... 1393

Author Topic: Sheb's European Megathread: Remove Feta!  (Read 1625084 times)

Sheb

• Bay Watcher
  • You Are An Avatar
    • View Profile
Re: Sheb's European Politics Megathread
« Reply #14265 on: January 13, 2015, 07:08:05 am »

You find that in some Europeans countries, like Hungary.

Quote from: Paul-Henry Spaak
Europe consists only of small countries, some of which know it and some of which don’t yet.

Arx

• Bay Watcher
  • Iron within, iron without.
    • View Profile
    • Art!
« Reply #14266 on: January 13, 2015, 07:08:56 am »

You get it here, too. It's much cheaper than the bottles.

I am on Discord as Arx#2415.
Hail to the mind of man! / Fire in the sky
I've been waiting for you / On this day we die.

MarcAFK

• Bay Watcher
  • [INSANITY INTENSIFIES]
    • View Profile
« Reply #14267 on: January 13, 2015, 07:11:53 am »

To be honest the milk comes in bags before we extract and bottle it anyway.
They're nearly as bad as badgers. Build a couple of anti-buzzard SAM sites marksdwarf towers and your fortress will look like Baghdad in 2003 from all the aerial bolt spam. You waste a lot of ammo and everything is covered in unslightly exploded buzzard bits and broken bolts.

TD1

• Bay Watcher
  • Childe Roland to the Dark Tower Came
    • View Profile
« Reply #14268 on: January 13, 2015, 07:35:11 am »

As far as I recall, keeping our currency was a huge reason why we aren't much worse off at the moment.
Life before death, strength before weakness, journey before destination
  TD1 has claimed the title of Penblessed the Endless Fountain of Epics!
Sigtext!
Poetry Thread

Owlbread

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #14269 on: January 13, 2015, 07:43:07 am »

Scotland? Scotland? Can you cause an independence thingy again? I want to live with you now. We're turning into America and I don't like it!

We're trying, greatorder. We're trying very hard. All we need is for the Tories to win next year, hold an EU referendum, lose it to the Eurosceptics then we can hold our own independence referendum to negotiate a separate status with the EU. If the North of Ireland votes to stay in the EU they could also hold the fabled border poll and potentially rejoin the South. They have some kind of opt-out on the matter that we are trying to get too.

TD1

• Bay Watcher
  • Childe Roland to the Dark Tower Came
    • View Profile
« Reply #14270 on: January 13, 2015, 07:47:44 am »

Saying North of Ireland isn't a nice way to put it, Owlbread. Not in my humble opinion, anyway. It's like me calling Scotland the North of England. Actually, worse: At least Scotland and England have the same central power. It's called Northern Ireland, get it right :P

As for voting to join Ireland, won't happen. Nearly everyone, including Catholics, want to be in the United Kingdom. If Ireland were to pull themselves off the ground, that may change, but not at the moment.
Life before death, strength before weakness, journey before destination
  TD1 has claimed the title of Penblessed the Endless Fountain of Epics!
Sigtext!
Poetry Thread

Helgoland

• Bay Watcher
  • No man is an island.
    • View Profile
« Reply #14271 on: January 13, 2015, 07:48:22 am »

You get it here, too. It's much cheaper than the bottles.
The Bay12 postcard club
Arguably he's already a progressive, just one in the style of an enlightened Kaiser.
I'm going to do the smart thing here and disengage. This isn't a hill I paticularly care to die on.

Owlbread

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #14272 on: January 13, 2015, 07:55:25 am »

Saying North of Ireland isn't a nice way to put it, Owlbread. Not in my humble opinion, anyway. It's like me calling Scotland the North of England. Actually, worse: At least Scotland and England have the same central power. It's called Northern Ireland, get it right :P

Not necessarily - it's more like calling Scotland North Britain because Northern Ireland is the British controlled territory on the island of Ireland. There is no island of England. There's also plenty of people in Northern Ireland that would be happy with my chosen terminology, sorry you don't like it.

As for voting to join Ireland, won't happen. Nearly everyone, including Catholics, want to be in the United Kingdom. If Ireland were to pull themselves off the ground, that may change, but not at the moment.

We shall have to see. Are there any regular opinion polls being made?

Caz

• Bay Watcher
  • [PREFSTRING:comforting whirs]
    • View Profile
« Reply #14273 on: January 13, 2015, 08:00:25 am »

Scotland? Scotland? Can you cause an independence thingy again? I want to live with you now. We're turning into America and I don't like it!

Tried, but 55% of the population are idiots.

Owlbread

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #14274 on: January 13, 2015, 08:16:38 am »

On the day of the referendum result Frankie Boyle said something along the lines of:

Quote from: Francis Boyle
I should have expected this, because if you'd asked me to estimate how many c**** there were in Scotland I'd have said about 2 million

In my depressed state I found myself agreeing with him.

Caz

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #14275 on: January 13, 2015, 08:18:36 am »

On the day of the referendum result Frankie Boyle said something along the lines of:

Quote from: Francis Boyle
I should have expected this, because if you'd asked me to estimate how many c**** there were in Scotland I'd have said about 2 million

In my depressed state I found myself agreeing with him.

The day of the referendum was one of the best days I've had though. The hope in the air. Getting into conversations with random strangers about politics. Having old women look at you with their sourest-prune face because you're waving a little Scotland flag.

For what happened the morning after, though... at least there's whisky.

Owlbread

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #14276 on: January 13, 2015, 08:26:14 am »

Yeah, I agree. The day itself was amazing. It's the only time I've ever felt hope in the air like that. For those few hours we were independent - having that much power for the first time in 300 years. Then we gave it back.

I think the loyalist riots in George Square on the 19th after the results and the sight of all those Labour politicians jumping up and down and high fiving and hugging Tories will be seared into my brain for years to come. It was just the worst day possible.
« Last Edit: January 13, 2015, 08:29:43 am by Owlbread »

Sheb

• Bay Watcher
  • You Are An Avatar
    • View Profile
« Reply #14277 on: January 13, 2015, 08:29:13 am »

Loyalist riots? I don't remember that.

Quote from: Paul-Henry Spaak
Europe consists only of small countries, some of which know it and some of which don’t yet.

Caz

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #14278 on: January 13, 2015, 08:37:27 am »

Yeah, I agree. The day itself was amazing. It's the only time I've ever felt hope in the air like that. For those few hours we were independent - having that much power for the first time in 300 years. Then we gave it back.

I think the loyalist riots in George Square on the 19th after the results and the sight of all those Labour politicians jumping up and down and high fiving and hugging Tories will be seared into my brain for years to come. It was just the worst day possible.

Ugh, that was disgusting. Orange lodge wideboys attacking teenagers. Scum.

Owlbread

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #14279 on: January 13, 2015, 08:38:10 am »

Loyalist riots? I don't remember that.

Stuff like this.

Quite a few arrests were made.

The tragedy of it is thinking what kind of party would have been going on in George Square if there'd been a Yes vote.
Pages: 1 ... 950 951 [952] 953 954 ... 1393