Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

Poll

Can we make a nice gaussian-looking curve?

A
A
A
A
A
A
A
A

Pages: 1 ... 951 952 [953] 954 955 ... 1393

Author Topic: Sheb's European Megathread: Remove Feta!  (Read 1625247 times)

TD1

• Bay Watcher
  • Childe Roland to the Dark Tower Came
    • View Profile
Re: Sheb's European Politics Megathread
« Reply #14280 on: January 13, 2015, 08:58:02 am »

Note: There was flag burning and other such shenanigans going on by the yes side of the vote, don'tcha know. [Insert Derogatory Term]s don't tend to respect political barriers, they just change their actions to suit their political views.

that would be happy with my chosen terminology, sorry you don't like it.

Of course there are. Hence the "in my opinion." In my opinion, saying "North of Ireland" is inaccurate. 'Cause, you know, whilst it may be in the North of Ireland, that is not in fact its name.

Ugh, that was disgusting. Orange lodge wideboys attacking teenagers. Scum.
Note: By far not the norm. At least in Northern Ireland, it's just a club type thing. Gives financial help, etc., to members. I've had a life time of being called an "Orange bastard" (Bastard being replaced with worse words from time to time) despite me not being in the order.

We shall have to see. Are there any regular opinion polls being made?

The loyalist parties are, to say the least, in pieces. However, one thing that would be sure to unite them would be such a vote- I might even enjoy the prospect, give the old political system a shaking out.
As for polls, this is what Wikipedia says:
http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/United_Ireland#Public_opinion

From something I read earlier, the Protestant vote for the UK is 90 something, and the Catholic vote is 50 something percent in favour.
Life before death, strength before weakness, journey before destination
  TD1 has claimed the title of Penblessed the Endless Fountain of Epics!
Sigtext!
Poetry Thread

Caz

• Bay Watcher
  • [PREFSTRING:comforting whirs]
    • View Profile
« Reply #14281 on: January 13, 2015, 09:01:30 am »

Note: By far not the norm. At least in Northern Ireland, it's just a club type thing. Gives financial help, etc., to members. I've had a life time of being called an "Orange bastard" (Bastard being replaced with worse words from time to time) despite me not being in the order.

Yeah, it's the ones running around setting things on fire that you tend to remember. They march up and down the street like screaming lunatics all summer though, so I'm really not fond of them.

Descan

• Bay Watcher
  • [HEADING INTENSIFIES]
    • View Profile
« Reply #14282 on: January 13, 2015, 09:06:29 am »

For what happened the morning after, though... at least there's whisky.
Thank you, to the OOC thread~
Quote from: SalmonGod
Your innocent viking escapades for canadian social justice and immortality make my flagellum wiggle, too.
Quote from: Myroc
Descan confirmed for antichrist.
Quote from: LeoLeonardoIII
I wonder if any of us don't love Descan.

Sheb

• Bay Watcher
  • You Are An Avatar
    • View Profile

Quote from: Paul-Henry Spaak
Europe consists only of small countries, some of which know it and some of which don’t yet.

10ebbor10

• Bay Watcher
  • DON'T PANIC
    • View Profile
« Reply #14284 on: January 13, 2015, 10:02:45 am »

On a side note, did anything happen to all those extra power Scotland was promised?

Dumbestdorf

• Bay Watcher
  • Silly small person
    • View Profile
« Reply #14285 on: January 13, 2015, 11:16:01 am »

Valls, French prime minister, just said it was necessary to crack down on social networks to fight "that antisemitism coming from the internet".

Yeah.

Because nothing shows more support for freedom of expression than taking a big dump on it.

ChairmanPoo

• Bay Watcher
  • Send in the clowns
    • View Profile
« Reply #14286 on: January 13, 2015, 11:23:00 am »

And in Spain a satyrical magazine was praised by the goverment for daring to publish a front page homaging Charlie Hebdo. Officials praised them as champions of freedom of expression.

The funny thing is that those very officials also had the magazine withdrawn from shops TWICE for daring to mock the monarchy.

You know, they interviewed recently a Charlie Hebdo cartoonist, who said it best:
"We have a lot of new friends, like the pope, Queen Elizabeth and (Russian President Vladimir) Putin. It really makes me laugh,"

TL, DR: in no small measure all this "support of personal liberties and freedom of expression" was PR bullshit from politicians which in truth want  exactly the contrary.
There's two kinds of performance reviews: the one you make they don't read, the one they make whilst they sharpen their daggers
Everyone sucks at everything. Until they don't. Not sucking is a product of time invested.

miauw62

• Bay Watcher
  • Every time you get ahead / it's just another hit
    • View Profile
« Reply #14287 on: January 13, 2015, 11:24:35 am »

Not much of a surprise there.

Quote from: NW_Kohaku
they wouldn't be able to tell the difference between the raving confessions of a mass murdering cannibal from a recipe to bake a pie.
Knowing Belgium, everyone will vote for themselves out of mistrust for anyone else, and some kind of weird direct democracy coalition will need to be formed from 11 million or so individuals.

Frumple

• Bay Watcher
  • The Prettiest Kyuuki
    • View Profile
« Reply #14288 on: January 13, 2015, 11:31:06 am »

Now now, CP, these people are perfectly supportive of personal liberties and freedom of expression, so long as those liberties are "do what they say" and that expression is "say what they want you to." And anyway, no right minded individual would want otherwise, so there's obviously no risk of oppression for the good person, just those filthy deviants/foreigners. We should laud these individuals for trying to keep the people on the proper path. Maybe laud them with lead, but hey >_>
Ask not!
What your country can hump for you.
Ask!
What you can hump for your country.

Owlbread

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #14289 on: January 13, 2015, 12:45:56 pm »

On a side note, did anything happen to all those extra power Scotland was promised?

Yeah we got control over road signs.

MetalSlimeHunt

• Bay Watcher
  • Gerrymander Commander
    • View Profile
« Reply #14290 on: January 13, 2015, 12:59:01 pm »

Yeah we got control over road signs.
The Honourable Baron Cameron is altering the deal. Pray he does not alter it further.
Quote from: Thomas Paine
To argue with a man who has renounced the use and authority of reason, and whose philosophy consists in holding humanity in contempt, is like administering medicine to the dead, or endeavoring to convert an atheist by scripture.
No Gods, No Masters.

Sinistar

• Bay Watcher
  • Absolutely detests Sinibombs
    • View Profile
    • http://dojo.fi/~rancid/loituma__.swf
« Reply #14291 on: January 13, 2015, 01:16:24 pm »

Meanwhile, Monsanto makes it's move.

Fuck this, not only are we lacking full-net-immersion biochips, even our evil corporations lack truly evil names. This is not the cyberpunk I was promised. (ノಠ益ಠ)ノ彡┻━┻
Everything is an instrument if you hit it the right way.
Oh they know. Spiders are not stupid. They've just got disproportionally huge balls.

palsch

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #14292 on: January 13, 2015, 01:24:13 pm »

There was no practical way any changes were going to through before the election this year. The promises were effectively campaign policies for the parties that made them.

10ebbor10

• Bay Watcher
  • DON'T PANIC
    • View Profile
« Reply #14293 on: January 13, 2015, 01:42:18 pm »

Meanwhile, Monsanto makes it's move.

Fuck this, not only are we lacking full-net-immersion biochips, even our evil corporations lack truly evil names. This is not the cyberpunk I was promised. (ノಠ益ಠ)ノ彡┻━┻
I must say, I find the entire anti-GMO debate to be rather nonsensical.

And the fact that Juncker eliminated the European Scientific Advisor because she advocated scientific discourse, rather than follow GMO's are evil mantra very worrying.

LordSlowpoke

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #14294 on: January 13, 2015, 01:47:19 pm »

gmo ain't all that bad

monsanto is bad though

i'd get behind state sponsored gmos
Pages: 1 ... 951 952 [953] 954 955 ... 1393