Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

Poll

Can we make a nice gaussian-looking curve?

A
A
A
A
A
A
A
A

Pages: 1 ... 1273 1274 [1275] 1276 1277 ... 1393

Author Topic: Sheb's European Megathread: Remove Feta!  (Read 1624637 times)

smjjames

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
Re: Sheb's European Megathread: Remove Feta!
« Reply #19110 on: August 11, 2015, 01:25:31 pm »

For someone who wants to stop bringing it up, you sure do keep bringing it up.
I'm not bringing up the old massacres, I'm bringing up the fact that Ukrainian Nationalists are threatening Poland right now, despite we're helping them.
We've been over the fact that there's a small portion of the current militia in Ukraine that's particularly right-wing nuts.

I wonder what they're using as a claim that whatever part of Poland is actually Ukranian? Something over a thousand years ago when the Rus empire as around?

I mean, almost every square kilometer of Europe has been fought over or disputed over at some point since the Roman Empires collapse. Well, not ALMOST EVERY square kilometer, point is that most of Europe (including the western parts of Russia) has territory that has been fought over at some point.
« Last Edit: August 11, 2015, 01:31:11 pm by smjjames »

Il Palazzo

• Bay Watcher
  • And lo, the Dude did abide. And it was good.
    • View Profile
« Reply #19111 on: August 11, 2015, 01:31:24 pm »

Weeell, I gotta say. Kot is onto something here. For one, we've got this Lwow cafe here in Krakow, and that's as good an indication of territorial claims as any. Also, the cute Ukrainian bartender's accent is threatening to kill me.
I'd go get my gun, but we ain't got no NRA here.

Ukrainian Ranger

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #19112 on: August 11, 2015, 01:51:23 pm »

I wonder what they're using as a claim that whatever part of Poland is actually Ukranian? Something over a thousand years ago when the Rus empire as around?
More or less yes. - https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Kingdom_of_Galicia–Volhynia

Of course it is "good old days and part of history we should remember" not "lets go and conquer formerly Ukrainian Peremyshl" not counting few dozens (maybe hundreds) of morons.
War must be, while we defend our lives against a destroyer who would devour all; but I do not love the bright sword for its sharpness, nor the arrow for its swiftness, nor the warrior for his glory. I love only that which they defend.

scriver

• Bay Watcher
  • City streets ain't got much pity
    • View Profile
« Reply #19113 on: August 11, 2015, 01:54:53 pm »

Wow.
Apparently, Ukrainian nationalists declared that after they finish with Russia, they intend to "reclaim" parts of Poland. Of course, they did that (declaring) even before, and it's just words, but it gets pretty... uneasy, considering those right-wing guys stopped being a bunch of skinheads and started to be an full-on militia, sitting on a pile of guns, and they're less than a hour drive from the border (I'm trying to find the actual source, they apparently said it to camera of one of biggest Polish televisions, but that would proably be Soviet propaganda anyway).

I find this post particularly hilarious as only four hours earlier you posted this:

Also, funny you mention that, there was quite a lot of voices after the Russians "freed" the Crimea and such that Poland should go and "liberate" (since before the whole Ukrainian nationalism thing happened it was almost 100% Polish, and we consider losing it one of worst loss of Poland during creation of new borders) Lwów
Love, scriver~

Sergarr

• Bay Watcher
  • (9) airheaded baka (9)
    • View Profile
« Reply #19114 on: August 11, 2015, 02:37:10 pm »

catalonia is totally spain though *non-sequitor intensifies*
._.

LordSlowpoke

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #19115 on: August 11, 2015, 02:39:23 pm »

the united kingdom was settled by malvinian aborigan tribes in 31488 bc and therefore londonian island malvinians should return themselves into the fold

Helgoland

• Bay Watcher
  • No man is an island.
    • View Profile
« Reply #19116 on: August 11, 2015, 03:14:19 pm »

something something Alsace-Lorraine
The Bay12 postcard club
Arguably he's already a progressive, just one in the style of an enlightened Kaiser.
I'm going to do the smart thing here and disengage. This isn't a hill I paticularly care to die on.

NJW2000

• Bay Watcher
  • You know me. What do I know?
    • View Profile
« Reply #19117 on: August 11, 2015, 03:22:41 pm »

Something normandy something romans?
One wheel short of a wagon

Antsan

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #19118 on: August 11, 2015, 03:36:58 pm »

Ah, that's why later we'll live in Oceania!
Taste my Paci-Fist

scrdest

• Bay Watcher
  • Girlcat?/o_ o
    • View Profile
« Reply #19119 on: August 11, 2015, 03:40:22 pm »

Weeell, I gotta say. Kot is onto something here. For one, we've got this Lwow cafe here in Krakow, and that's as good an indication of territorial claims as any. Also, the cute Ukrainian bartender's accent is threatening to kill me.
I'd go get my gun, but we ain't got no NRA here.
Waaaaaaaait a second... since when you are in Krakow?

Wow.
Apparently, Ukrainian nationalists declared that after they finish with Russia, they intend to "reclaim" parts of Poland. Of course, they did that (declaring) even before, and it's just words, but it gets pretty... uneasy, considering those right-wing guys stopped being a bunch of skinheads and started to be an full-on militia, sitting on a pile of guns, and they're less than a hour drive from the border (I'm trying to find the actual source, they apparently said it to camera of one of biggest Polish televisions, but that would proably be Soviet propaganda anyway).

I find this post particularly hilarious as only four hours earlier you posted this:

Also, funny you mention that, there was quite a lot of voices after the Russians "freed" the Crimea and such that Poland should go and "liberate" (since before the whole Ukrainian nationalism thing happened it was almost 100% Polish, and we consider losing it one of worst loss of Poland during creation of new borders) Lwów
See, those are only representative of the group as a whole if they are doing it. If it's us doing that, it's a vocal minority.
We are doomed. It's just that whatever is going to kill us all just happens to be, from a scientific standpoint, pretty frickin' awesome.

Il Palazzo

• Bay Watcher
  • And lo, the Dude did abide. And it was good.
    • View Profile
« Reply #19120 on: August 11, 2015, 04:21:33 pm »

Like four, maybe five years.

SirQuiamus

• Bay Watcher
  • Keine Experimente!
    • View Profile
« Reply #19121 on: August 11, 2015, 04:48:27 pm »

by the bye, have you guys heard that ISIS is going to assassinate the Queen on vj-day, it was on daily mail so it must be true

i'll bet LW is brushing his beret and greasing his STEN right now...

EDIT: Why nobody vote A? Is better than A.

Ukrainian Ranger

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #19122 on: August 11, 2015, 04:53:32 pm »

A is better than A and A combined
War must be, while we defend our lives against a destroyer who would devour all; but I do not love the bright sword for its sharpness, nor the arrow for its swiftness, nor the warrior for his glory. I love only that which they defend.

scriver

• Bay Watcher
  • City streets ain't got much pity
    • View Profile
« Reply #19123 on: August 11, 2015, 05:07:27 pm »

It would be funny if they blew up the parliament on November 5th.

You know, funny in a horribly, world-shatteringly terrifying way.
Love, scriver~

misko27

• Bay Watcher
  • Lawful Neutral; Prophet of Pestilence
    • View Profile
« Reply #19124 on: August 11, 2015, 05:27:30 pm »

A is better than A and A combined
I voted A to be contrarian really. Let no one tell me who to vote for.
The Age of Man is over. It is the Fire's turn now
Pages: 1 ... 1273 1274 [1275] 1276 1277 ... 1393