Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

Poll

Can we make a nice gaussian-looking curve?

A
A
A
A
A
A
A
A

Pages: 1 ... 1294 1295 [1296] 1297 1298 ... 1393

Author Topic: Sheb's European Megathread: Remove Feta!  (Read 1624738 times)

smjjames

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
Re: Sheb's European Megathread: Remove Feta!
« Reply #19425 on: August 19, 2015, 02:15:05 pm »

You do realize that instead of spending money on F-22, they decided to spend it on F-35 (they considered adding an ability to carry infantry in it, what)?

And once again you miss my point.  There are more F-22 in existance then any other 5th generation for a long time.
There would be more if USA focused on making realistic Wunderwaffes that actually work, instead of jet bomb trucks capable of carrying people in the bomb bay.

Are you talking about this one: https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Lockheed_Martin_F-35_Lightning_II ?

I'm not seeing anything in wikipedia on that they considered adding seats in the bomb bay, also, none of them actually do that.

mainiac

• Bay Watcher
  • Na vazeal kwah-kai
    • View Profile
« Reply #19426 on: August 19, 2015, 02:45:34 pm »

There would be more if USA focused on making realistic Wunderwaffes that actually work, instead of jet bomb trucks capable of carrying people in the bomb bay.

So your argument is that I fail to acknowledge something I said three posts ago?
Ancient Babylonian god of RAEG
--------------
[CAN_INTERNET]
[PREFSTRING:google]
"Don't tell me what you value. Show me your budget and I will tell you what you value"
« Last Edit: February 10, 1988, 03:27:23 pm by UR MOM »
mainiac is always a little sarcastic, at least.

Sergarr

• Bay Watcher
  • (9) airheaded baka (9)
    • View Profile
« Reply #19427 on: August 19, 2015, 02:49:48 pm »

ITT: A Pole praises the might of Russian army (in an insane way, because T-34s have been completely retired a long time ago) and disses American and European ones.

How ironic.
._.

Guardian G.I.

• Bay Watcher
  • "And it ducks, and it covers!"
    • View Profile
« Reply #19428 on: August 19, 2015, 03:09:52 pm »

ITT: A Pole praises the might of Russian army (in an insane way, because T-34s have been completely retired a long time ago) and disses American and European ones.

How ironic.
Also, TIL zerg rush is an official strategy of the Russian Armed Forces.
this means that a donation of 30 dollars to a developer that did not deliver would equal 4.769*10^-14 hitlers stolen from you
that's like half a femtohitler
and that is terrible
Sigtext

smjjames

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #19429 on: August 19, 2015, 03:11:29 pm »

How ironic.

It's called blitzkreig.

Guardian G.I.

• Bay Watcher
  • "And it ducks, and it covers!"
    • View Profile
« Reply #19430 on: August 19, 2015, 03:14:09 pm »

How ironic.

It's called blitzkreig.
Blitzkrieg using WW2 weaponry in 2015's Europe is something completely extraordinary.
this means that a donation of 30 dollars to a developer that did not deliver would equal 4.769*10^-14 hitlers stolen from you
that's like half a femtohitler
and that is terrible
Sigtext

Sergarr

• Bay Watcher
  • (9) airheaded baka (9)
    • View Profile
« Reply #19431 on: August 19, 2015, 03:20:18 pm »

Also, blitzkreig is not a modern Russian army strategy any longer. Haven't you heard about the "hybrid warfare" already?
._.

Descan

• Bay Watcher
  • [HEADING INTENSIFIES]
    • View Profile
« Reply #19432 on: August 19, 2015, 04:02:19 pm »

Though it would be something else for Russia to blitz the Germans in WW2 era equipment...

I mean we've all made the "Putin is running Hitlers script" comments but that would just be amazing.
Quote from: SalmonGod
Your innocent viking escapades for canadian social justice and immortality make my flagellum wiggle, too.
Quote from: Myroc
Descan confirmed for antichrist.
Quote from: LeoLeonardoIII
I wonder if any of us don't love Descan.

smjjames

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #19433 on: August 19, 2015, 04:55:02 pm »

I was just correcting zerg rush to blitzkrieg since thats partially what it is.

Helgoland

• Bay Watcher
  • No man is an island.
    • View Profile
« Reply #19434 on: August 19, 2015, 04:55:26 pm »

Hey, I'm on your side - my criterion for a sufficiently strong German army is that it should be able, together with the Polish army, to at least fight the Russian army to a standstill in a conventional war. I don't like having to rely on the US, and I really, really dislike the prospect of having to rely on a Le Pen-led France.

It seems like every new thing I hear about Le Pen makes her and FN even more concerning than before.
Huh? Explain - I think I'm missing something.
The Bay12 postcard club
Arguably he's already a progressive, just one in the style of an enlightened Kaiser.
I'm going to do the smart thing here and disengage. This isn't a hill I paticularly care to die on.

Baffler

• Bay Watcher
  • Caveat Lector.
    • View Profile
« Reply #19435 on: August 19, 2015, 06:16:06 pm »

Hey, I'm on your side - my criterion for a sufficiently strong German army is that it should be able, together with the Polish army, to at least fight the Russian army to a standstill in a conventional war. I don't like having to rely on the US, and I really, really dislike the prospect of having to rely on a Le Pen-led France.

It seems like every new thing I hear about Le Pen makes her and FN even more concerning than before.

I didn't understand your comment about Le Pen, so I looked at FN's wikipedia page to see if I could get some insight. There I found that they oppose the sanctions on Russia (and maybe support their claim on Crimea?) and sent a guy over there in March to mark the independence of the People's Republic of Donetsk. That may not have been what you were referring to, but it was still a surprise to find that a major party in Western Europe had such a stance.
Quote from: Helgoland
Even if you found a suitable opening, I doubt it would prove all too satisfying. And it might leave some nasty wounds, depending on the moral high ground's geology.
Location subject to periodic change.
Baffler likes silver, walnut trees, the color green, tanzanite, and dogs for their loyalty. When possible he prefers to consume beef, iced tea, and cornbread. He absolutely detests ticks.

Kot

• Bay Watcher
  • 2 Patriotic 4 U
    • View Profile
    • Tiny Pixel Soldiers
« Reply #19436 on: August 19, 2015, 06:17:02 pm »

I'm not seeing anything in wikipedia on that they considered adding seats in the bomb bay, also, none of them actually do that.
It was something requested by marines intially, thankfully (or rather hopefully) someone noticed how stupid that is and scrapped it. Though, honestly, I can't find any sources on it right now, but that won't make me stop trying to find it (on the other hand, it may have been a stupid comment someone made during F-35 hate, but I'm pretty sure it was a thing).

How ironic.
AFAIK, T-34-85Ms are still kept in warehouses (they aren't really reserves per se, but if there was a need Russia could still roll a quite a few of them out, though nowadays they are used for films and reentacting at best). And I'm pretty much providing an only one example on how they would actually win something (modern combat is about hitting hard in small numbers, wether it is conventional or guerilla). I do agree that this isin't Soviet Union (yet) and (hopefully) Russians have enough sense to not enjoy being cannon fodder. Also, I don't really see how that's ironic. I'm a Pole. Don't expect me to think of "allies" highly, expect me to think of enemies as of big powers and expect me to say that Poland is going to win anyway.
Kot finishes his morning routine in the same way he always does, by burning a scale replica of Saint Basil's Cathedral on the windowsill.

Helgoland

• Bay Watcher
  • No man is an island.
    • View Profile
« Reply #19437 on: August 19, 2015, 06:28:34 pm »

I didn't understand your comment about Le Pen, so I looked at FN's wikipedia page to see if I could get some insight. There I found that they oppose the sanctions on Russia (and maybe support their claim on Crimea?) and sent a guy over there in March to mark the independence of the People's Republic of Donetsk. That may not have been what you were referring to, but it was still a surprise to find that a major party in Western Europe had such a stance.
And I just noticed that you wrote 'concerning', not 'appealing'. Needless to say, I was baffled.

I should get some sleep.
The Bay12 postcard club
Arguably he's already a progressive, just one in the style of an enlightened Kaiser.
I'm going to do the smart thing here and disengage. This isn't a hill I paticularly care to die on.

LordSlowpoke

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #19438 on: August 19, 2015, 06:28:56 pm »

thank you for promoting stereotypes poleposter sir

* LordSlowpoke strolls by in leather pants casually choking a jew

they're very accurate every time they're invoked

Helgoland

• Bay Watcher
  • No man is an island.
    • View Profile
« Reply #19439 on: August 19, 2015, 06:35:40 pm »

LSP, I've been meaning to ask you: What the fuck is up with your personal text? I can't really complain - I'm currently on a goataholic bender, that's at least as bad fascism-wise - but there's got to be a story there.
The Bay12 postcard club
Pages: 1 ... 1294 1295 [1296] 1297 1298 ... 1393