Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

Poll

Can we make a nice gaussian-looking curve?

A
A
A
A
A
A
A
A

Pages: 1 ... 1302 1303 [1304] 1305 1306 ... 1393

Author Topic: Sheb's European Megathread: Remove Feta!  (Read 1646460 times)

Sergarr

• Bay Watcher
  • (9) airheaded baka (9)
    • View Profile
Re: Sheb's European Megathread: Remove Feta!
« Reply #19545 on: August 24, 2015, 11:11:15 pm »

So apparently Russia is now blocking Wikipedia access due to some bullshit. Mobile version still works, though. Hopefully they won't block it, too.

Just out of curiosity, what is the bullshit reason why they're blocking wikipedia of all things?
It's because of the normal version of this page on some drug. Apparently it contains "forbidden information" on this drug, namely - how to produce it.
._.

MetalSlimeHunt

• Bay Watcher
  • Gerrymander Commander
    • View Profile
« Reply #19546 on: August 24, 2015, 11:16:21 pm »

Quote from: Thomas Paine
To argue with a man who has renounced the use and authority of reason, and whose philosophy consists in holding humanity in contempt, is like administering medicine to the dead, or endeavoring to convert an atheist by scripture.
No Gods, No Masters.

mainiac

• Bay Watcher
  • Na vazeal kwah-kai
    • View Profile
« Reply #19547 on: August 24, 2015, 11:16:39 pm »

Is the drug Sudafed?  Cuz if you need to know how to make that I could email you a link to how to make it out of commonly available methamphetamines.
Ancient Babylonian god of RAEG
--------------
[CAN_INTERNET]
[PREFSTRING:google]
"Don't tell me what you value. Show me your budget and I will tell you what you value"
« Last Edit: February 10, 1988, 03:27:23 pm by UR MOM »
mainiac is always a little sarcastic, at least.

Sergarr

• Bay Watcher
  • (9) airheaded baka (9)
    • View Profile
« Reply #19548 on: August 24, 2015, 11:22:52 pm »

methamphetamines.
Curiously, I've heard that word from two of my fellow students several times.

And no thank you, I don't need that. In fact, I never heard of that drug before RosKomNadzor has decided, in all it's incandescent glory, to block it, thus increasing the popularity of that wikipedia article by 1000 times. No seriously, 1000 times.
._.

smjjames

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #19549 on: August 24, 2015, 11:30:57 pm »

Is the drug Sudafed?  Cuz if you need to know how to make that I could email you a link to how to make it out of commonly available methamphetamines.

No, it's Cannabis, and the page (english page anyway) really doesn't go into any way of detail on how to make it. Unless it actually is that simple, but if they block wikipedia, they also block Russians from learning the glory of Putin (just making a sarcastic counter-reason).

Edit: Lol Sergarr, sounds like it completely backfired on them, not so much as people suddenly wanting to use it than people wanting to know what the heck the deal is with the page.
« Last Edit: August 24, 2015, 11:32:29 pm by smjjames »

MetalSlimeHunt

• Bay Watcher
  • Gerrymander Commander
    • View Profile
« Reply #19550 on: August 24, 2015, 11:32:31 pm »

They're actually being backed by Big Hashish and CIA liberals or something.

Reclaim Brest-Litovsk from the Euro dogs!
Quote from: Thomas Paine
To argue with a man who has renounced the use and authority of reason, and whose philosophy consists in holding humanity in contempt, is like administering medicine to the dead, or endeavoring to convert an atheist by scripture.
No Gods, No Masters.

Loud Whispers

• Bay Watcher
  • They said we have to aim higher, so we dug deeper.
    • View Profile
    • I APPLAUD YOU SIRRAH
« Reply #19551 on: August 25, 2015, 12:02:49 am »

It's 6:01AM and I wake up, make tea, think about writing - procrastinate, avoid going on bay12, end up going on twitter - find this
Spoiler (click to show/hide)
Hahahahahahahaha, fucking brilliant on so many levels give this guy a medal

Endless bants

It seems the thread's moved on, I'll reply later when I'm not so groggy, Yurop thread needs to stop getting invaded by Murrica

Also now I'm on bay12
Fuck this I must leave lest I procrastinate further
*EDIT
What's 5 more minutes of procrastination
Spoiler (click to show/hide)
On the internet "go kill yourself" is how you say hello, my last death threat came from a disagreement over the quality of a poor singer. For context, channel 4's doing a show about "gaysians" and muslin drag/gay bars. The controversy's probably going to be more entertaining than the actual show, but it pleases me deeply. All according to keikaku
« Last Edit: August 25, 2015, 12:12:38 am by Loud Whispers »

Sergarr

• Bay Watcher
  • (9) airheaded baka (9)
    • View Profile
« Reply #19552 on: August 25, 2015, 12:14:33 am »

It appears that Wikipedia has been un-blocked, at least for my provider. Looks like someone has not appreciated losing access to Wikipedia.
._.

MarcAFK

• Bay Watcher
  • [INSANITY INTENSIFIES]
    • View Profile
« Reply #19553 on: August 25, 2015, 03:39:06 am »

The solution to the migrant crisis is the same one that's existed since the dawn of time. Arm them and send them somewhere else. Problem solved.
They're nearly as bad as badgers. Build a couple of anti-buzzard SAM sites marksdwarf towers and your fortress will look like Baghdad in 2003 from all the aerial bolt spam. You waste a lot of ammo and everything is covered in unslightly exploded buzzard bits and broken bolts.

scrdest

• Bay Watcher
  • Girlcat?/o_ o
    • View Profile
« Reply #19554 on: August 25, 2015, 03:50:15 am »

The solution to the migrant crisis is the same one that's existed since the dawn of time. Arm them and send them somewhere else. Problem solved.
That's what I briefly mused on - arming them and sending them back Iraq - but not everyone is a potential combatant and not everyone who is is going to be a combatant on your side in the end after you arm them, *cough*Mujahideen*cough*
We are doomed. It's just that whatever is going to kill us all just happens to be, from a scientific standpoint, pretty frickin' awesome.

Helgoland

• Bay Watcher
  • No man is an island.
    • View Profile
« Reply #19555 on: August 25, 2015, 04:18:04 am »

Very interesting! The links in there are worth a click or two as well.
On a different topic: Interesting article about cultural misunderstanding between Americans and Germans in the Eurozone crisis. Written by an American, by the way.
Damn, now I can't remember which economist said most recently a great quote along the lines of "there is nothing stupider then an economist practicing amateur sociology."
The difference between American and German economists is that the camp called "American" (which is mostly not Americans because it's international) predicted this crisis before the Euro was adopted while the camp called "German" (which is mostly not Germans because it's international) has been consistently dead fucking wrong about everything and done a huge amount of harm.
When the ECB raised the prime rates in 2012 it was not the equivalent to a doctor prescribing leeches for your hypertension.  It's the equivalent of the Tuskegee syphilis experiments.  Except it's on a vastly grander scale.  And that's not the only fucking mistake they made.
The challenges that the "German" camp faced were smaller then the challenges faced in the United States, the UK or Japan.  Europe is in worse shape because these fucking assholes played games with the welfare of hundreds of millions of people rather then doing their job.  And the fucking ripple effects!  How much do you think it emboldened Putin's aggression against Ukraine that Europe was too busy lurching from crisis to crisis to care?
It's not cultural differences.  It that some people are shitty human beings who are terrible at their job and want to divert attention from the fact that they are shit.
Somebody call the police because I've just witnessed a massacre
No, you just witnessed mainiac once more demonstrating that he doesn't know shit about how Europe works. He proposed tariffs on trade inside the EU, for crying out loud!

Damn, I really wanted to stop arguing with mainiac - it's bad for my blood pressure, and doesn't accomplish anything...
The Bay12 postcard club
Arguably he's already a progressive, just one in the style of an enlightened Kaiser.
I'm going to do the smart thing here and disengage. This isn't a hill I paticularly care to die on.

scriver

• Bay Watcher
  • City streets ain't got much pity
    • View Profile
« Reply #19556 on: August 25, 2015, 05:29:54 am »

Worked for Rome.

No, you just witnessed mainiac once more demonstrating that he doesn't know shit about how Europe works. He proposed tariffs on trade inside the EU, for crying out loud!

Says the guy who regularly espouses about how the EU should be one country without understanding how a single place except Germany works.
Love, scriver~

LordSlowpoke

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #19557 on: August 25, 2015, 06:23:22 am »

i understand how poland is supposed to work because of that one coworker who replaced the fucker who talked about birdhouses every day, and i say the eu should be one country

so

* LordSlowpoke shoos scriver

Kot

• Bay Watcher
  • 2 Patriotic 4 U
    • View Profile
    • Tiny Pixel Soldiers
« Reply #19558 on: August 25, 2015, 06:29:33 am »

i understand how poland is supposed to work because of that one coworker who replaced the fucker who talked about birdhouses every day, and i say the eu should be one country
Except Poland doesn't work.
It's just... happening.
Kot finishes his morning routine in the same way he always does, by burning a scale replica of Saint Basil's Cathedral on the windowsill.

Sergarr

• Bay Watcher
  • (9) airheaded baka (9)
    • View Profile
« Reply #19559 on: August 25, 2015, 06:35:30 am »

Except Poland doesn't work.
It's just... happening.
According to one Pole that I know, there are "hordes of pilgrims run around the cities knelling every several minutes whith raring thump of thousands knees hitting ground and starting praying in the middle of the road, paralyzing trafiic".

happening indeed
._.
Pages: 1 ... 1302 1303 [1304] 1305 1306 ... 1393