Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

Poll

Can we make a nice gaussian-looking curve?

A
A
A
A
A
A
A
A

Pages: 1 ... 1303 1304 [1305] 1306 1307 ... 1393

Author Topic: Sheb's European Megathread: Remove Feta!  (Read 1646362 times)

LordSlowpoke

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
Re: Sheb's European Megathread: Remove Feta!
« Reply #19560 on: August 25, 2015, 06:36:12 am »

i understand how poland is supposed to work because of that one coworker who replaced the fucker who talked about birdhouses every day, and i say the eu should be one country
Except Poland doesn't work.
It's just... happening.
According to one Pole that I know, there are "hordes of pilgrims run around the cities knelling every several minutes whith raring thump of thousands knees hitting ground and starting praying in the middle of the road, paralyzing trafiic".

happening indeed

maximum overchrist achieved

Kot

• Bay Watcher
  • 2 Patriotic 4 U
    • View Profile
    • Tiny Pixel Soldiers
« Reply #19561 on: August 25, 2015, 06:56:19 am »

According to one Pole that I know, there are "hordes of pilgrims run around the cities knelling every several minutes whith raring thump of thousands knees hitting ground and starting praying in the middle of the road, paralyzing trafiic".

happening indeed

maximum overchrist achieved
You think this is a fucking joke?

(sorry for potato quality)
There are hordes of them. Everywhere. There is no place in Poland that they haven't found. I live near one of most popular destinations of those, so during summer there's at least one horde passing my house per week. On worst days there is just an army that's few kilometers long trotting near my house. And those damn priests with their megaphones... hrhrrrr.
Kot finishes his morning routine in the same way he always does, by burning a scale replica of Saint Basil's Cathedral on the windowsill.

Graknorke

• Bay Watcher
  • A bomb's a bad choice for close-range combat.
    • View Profile
« Reply #19562 on: August 25, 2015, 07:13:05 am »

Could anyone explain what this is? I don't get it.
Cultural status:
Depleted          ☐
Enriched          ☑

Sergarr

• Bay Watcher
  • (9) airheaded baka (9)
    • View Profile
« Reply #19563 on: August 25, 2015, 07:40:16 am »

Here's two more quotes from the same Pole:
You see, some time ago that paty played on polish xenophobia and "catholic valuse" to gather more votes, together with certain cleric owned radio which spewd riddiculous claims about Jews coming into Poland to steal jobs, goverment selling off the polish soil and such other "facts". Most of those people, old and young do not even try to seek other information sources becouse, they are mainipulated of course. Other party played on other people fears of living in catholic theocratic state. Given how many catholics behave here, they did not evertly exaggerate.
Most of polish citizens live in a backwater state mentality. Thanks to the EU funds many have changed. Those people survived culture shock in less than a decade and also gained vast influence contrary to the previous period. Today, you can make an altar in the middle of the patomorphology lab and lose a job becouse you were not subscribed to the Solidarity and do not regulary walk to the church. It is a bit better now than in the '90s, but still backwardness and superstitions rule in the society. People tend to believe more and more to the self appointed "prophets" and bigots than reasonable explanations. They were promised Western utopia only to be harshly awaken in the real world, which do no not work with imagination only.
There is strong cataholicism mixed with nationalism in Poland. That party played with it. Those people call themselves pro life, and want to bring back the death penalty, which given polish justice system is not a good idea. They shame infertile womens, would gladly put them in prisons becouse with treatments they give birth to the abominations - becouse they think that "in vitros" are those dificient childrens with genetical dieseases, and meddle with that with the gods plan. Would chase or kill Jews becouse they bought everything just to humiliate poles and steal for themsleves.
They whipped ordinary people into frenzy so they morals and logic are clouded and suppressed enough to easily manipulate them.
And every who think otherwise is branded a heretic, traitor and thief. People run from Poland becouse of that.
It is side which you do not see at first sight, neatly covered by recently buil facades.
It is Poland. Here people think that jesus was a catholic not a jew and vote as priests say during masses. Clerelgy has a considerable reach among people here. And becouse a pole once was chosen as a pope, most of society went crazy from being proud, quite literaly. They treat it as some kind of sign that Poland is special, mixing that with current propaganda realtive to the circus that happened on our border in Ukraine and resurging myth of polish mesianism with religious-nationalist press and radio spewing idiocies that most of the people in the country believe in. And mainstream population do not even think about Vatican or pope, becouse there is only one true polish Pope, dead and eternaly living saint John Paul the Second. They have gotten a new jesus.
tl;dr: Poland is happening
._.

penguinofhonor

• Bay Watcher
  • Minister of Love
    • View Profile
« Reply #19564 on: August 25, 2015, 07:46:44 am »

Man, I know some devout Catholics but I don't know any that have stopped traffic with spontaneous mass prayer. They do things differently in Europe, I guess.

wobbly

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #19565 on: August 25, 2015, 07:49:59 am »

Sometimes I think the world would be a better place if all religious doctrine had to pass through Google translate. Sometimes I think the problem is it already has.

scrdest

• Bay Watcher
  • Girlcat?/o_ o
    • View Profile
« Reply #19566 on: August 25, 2015, 07:55:43 am »

It's not spontaneous; it's basically a larger-scale organized group trip on foot half the country away except FOR JAYSOOS!

The quote in question is kinda melodramatic about things, but it's kinda true - except less apocalyptic.
We are doomed. It's just that whatever is going to kill us all just happens to be, from a scientific standpoint, pretty frickin' awesome.

FritzPL

• Bay Watcher
  • Changing avatar text since 2013
    • View Profile
« Reply #19567 on: August 25, 2015, 08:20:23 am »

Pilgrimages, retirees, old cunts, low-IQ young cunts, basically the right wing electorate.

There are hordes of them. Everywhere. There is no place in Poland that they haven't found. I live near one of most popular destinations of those, so during summer there's at least one horde passing my house per week. On worst days there is just an army that's few kilometers long trotting near my house. And those damn priests with their megaphones... hrhrrrr.
Man, I know some devout Catholics but I don't know any that have stopped traffic with spontaneous mass prayer. They do things differently in Europe, I guess.
Are there 'hordes' of them? Don't think so. Of course, in a destination like Częstochowa(where I assume Kot lives), the city itself being little more than a monument to a suppoused miracle during a Swedish siege, around which monument are built countless hotels, hostels, pilgrim's shelters, rosary dealers... But outside of that, I've met with no such behaviour in the Western part, where I live. Only saw processions happen during Corpus Christi and around Easter time, which I consider understandable.
« Last Edit: August 25, 2015, 08:22:28 am by FritzPL »

Kot

• Bay Watcher
  • 2 Patriotic 4 U
    • View Profile
    • Tiny Pixel Soldiers
« Reply #19568 on: August 25, 2015, 08:30:40 am »

You see, some time ago that paty played on polish xenophobia and "catholic valuse" to gather more votes, together with certain cleric owned radio which spewd riddiculous claims about Jews coming into Poland to steal jobs, goverment selling off the polish soil and such other "facts". Most of those people, old and young do not even try to seek other information sources becouse, they are mainipulated of course. Other party played on other people fears of living in catholic theocratic state. Given how many catholics behave here, they did not evertly exaggerate.
Most of polish citizens live in a backwater state mentality. Thanks to the EU funds many have changed. Those people survived culture shock in less than a decade and also gained vast influence contrary to the previous period. Today, you can make an altar in the middle of the patomorphology lab and lose a job becouse you were not subscribed to the Solidarity and do not regulary walk to the church. It is a bit better now than in the '90s, but still backwardness and superstitions rule in the society. People tend to believe more and more to the self appointed "prophets" and bigots than reasonable explanations. They were promised Western utopia only to be harshly awaken in the real world, which do no not work with imagination only.
There is strong cataholicism mixed with nationalism in Poland. That party played with it. Those people call themselves pro life, and want to bring back the death penalty, which given polish justice system is not a good idea. They shame infertile womens, would gladly put them in prisons becouse with treatments they give birth to the abominations - becouse they think that "in vitros" are those dificient childrens with genetical dieseases, and meddle with that with the gods plan. Would chase or kill Jews becouse they bought everything just to humiliate poles and steal for themsleves.
They whipped ordinary people into frenzy so they morals and logic are clouded and suppressed enough to easily manipulate them.
And every who think otherwise is branded a heretic, traitor and thief. People run from Poland becouse of that.
It is side which you do not see at first sight, neatly covered by recently buil facades.
It is Poland. Here people think that jesus was a catholic not a jew and vote as priests say during masses. Clerelgy has a considerable reach among people here. And becouse a pole once was chosen as a pope, most of society went crazy from being proud, quite literaly. They treat it as some kind of sign that Poland is special, mixing that with current propaganda realtive to the circus that happened on our border in Ukraine and resurging myth of polish mesianism with religious-nationalist press and radio spewing idiocies that most of the people in the country believe in. And mainstream population do not even think about Vatican or pope, becouse there is only one true polish Pope, dead and eternaly living saint John Paul the Second. They have gotten a new jesus.
tl;dr: Poland is happening
This is not exaggerating. Not a tiny bit. The second part is especially true. In school (at least later on it's less apparent, thankfully, as internet is a thing) you can be a social outcast simply because you're not going to church as often as other people. Speaking of school, I was taught in it that Hello Kitty is essentially Satan (or actually that every cartoon (or whatever, as long as it's not Bible cartoon) is Satan), gays should be castrated or killed in concentration camps(not even joking), essentially all fantasy/sci-fic/whatever that's not Bible should be burned, Poland is the choosen nation (you can imagine how hard some people flipped out when they learned the Benedict XVI was Luftwaffenhelfer), medicine is wrong and only Jesus can heal people (again, not even joking), the certain cleric owned television (part of the same group as the certain cleric owned radio) is the only true one, you go to Hell for literally everything, etc, etc. Also got a bunch of directives to influence my parents (tell them they should vote XYZ, etc). Any tries to argue resulted in fit of rage and usually landed people in principals office (thankfully, she wasn't that bad and didin't actually do much which in this case is the best thing she could do). Also, you could not pass the class simply because the priest/catechist said so.

Welcome to Poland. Thankfully things are better in bigger cities, but eh.

Are there 'hordes' of them? Don't think so. Of course, in a destination like Częstochowa(where I assume Kot lives), the city itself being little more than a monument to a suppoused miracle during a Swedish siege, around which monument are built countless hotels, hostels, pilgrim's shelters, rosary dealers... But outside of that, I've met with no such behaviour in the Western part, where I live. Only saw processions happen during Corpus Christi and around Easter time, which I consider understandable.
Nope, not Częstochowa. Świynto Anna, and I don't even live that close, few kilometers away. And yes, there are hordes of them. Right now a bunch of choirboys (whatever you call them, I don't know the English word but the translation seems silly) with priests is passing next to my house every hour or so.
Kot finishes his morning routine in the same way he always does, by burning a scale replica of Saint Basil's Cathedral on the windowsill.

MarcAFK

• Bay Watcher
  • [INSANITY INTENSIFIES]
    • View Profile
« Reply #19569 on: August 25, 2015, 08:40:19 am »

Holy shit.
They're nearly as bad as badgers. Build a couple of anti-buzzard SAM sites marksdwarf towers and your fortress will look like Baghdad in 2003 from all the aerial bolt spam. You waste a lot of ammo and everything is covered in unslightly exploded buzzard bits and broken bolts.

Il Palazzo

• Bay Watcher
  • And lo, the Dude did abide. And it was good.
    • View Profile
« Reply #19570 on: August 25, 2015, 08:40:41 am »

This is not exaggerating. Not a tiny bit.
Yes it is. You just grew up in a shite place.

Kot

• Bay Watcher
  • 2 Patriotic 4 U
    • View Profile
    • Tiny Pixel Soldiers
« Reply #19571 on: August 25, 2015, 08:50:05 am »

The shite place is still a part of Poland. And from what I heard from friends, there's an awful lot of similarly shite places around the country.

mainiac

• Bay Watcher
  • Na vazeal kwah-kai
    • View Profile
« Reply #19572 on: August 25, 2015, 08:56:57 am »

No, you just witnessed mainiac once more demonstrating that he doesn't know shit about how Europe works. He proposed tariffs on trade inside the EU, for crying out loud!

Yes, how silly of me to propose something that would improve the welfare of Europeans.  Everyone knows that's not how the EU works!  It's just the same fucking problem again.  "No, we have to be morons who are causing huge amount of harm because it's our culture and has been our culture for seven years.  You dont throw that kind of history out in the name of doing your contractually obligated job."
« Last Edit: August 25, 2015, 09:01:14 am by mainiac »
Ancient Babylonian god of RAEG
--------------
[CAN_INTERNET]
[PREFSTRING:google]
"Don't tell me what you value. Show me your budget and I will tell you what you value"
« Last Edit: February 10, 1988, 03:27:23 pm by UR MOM »
mainiac is always a little sarcastic, at least.

Kot

• Bay Watcher
  • 2 Patriotic 4 U
    • View Profile
    • Tiny Pixel Soldiers
« Reply #19573 on: August 25, 2015, 09:05:00 am »

No, you just witnessed mainiac once more demonstrating that he doesn't know shit about how Europe works. He proposed tariffs on trade inside the EU, for crying out loud!

Yes, how silly of me to propose something that would improve the welfare of Europeans.  Everyone knows that's not how the EU works!  It's just the same fucking problem again.  "No, we have to be morons who are causing huge amount of harm because it's our culture and has been so for seven years, two months, twenty days, five hours and two minutes.  You dont throw that kind of history out in the name of doing your contractually obligated job."
Wasn't the removal of tariffs on internal trade and stuff like that the whole point of EU though? Backpedalling out of this would be very damn hard.

Sergarr

• Bay Watcher
  • (9) airheaded baka (9)
    • View Profile
« Reply #19574 on: August 25, 2015, 09:54:55 am »

Yes, how silly of me to propose something that would improve the welfare of Europeans.  Everyone knows that's not how the EU works!  It's just the same fucking problem again.  "No, we have to be morons who are causing huge amount of harm because it's our culture and has been so for seven years, two months, twenty days, five hours and two minutes.  You dont throw that kind of history out in the name of doing your contractually obligated job."
Wasn't the removal of tariffs on internal trade and stuff like that the whole point of EU though? Backpedalling out of this would be very damn hard.
EU doesn't exist for sake of itself, or rather, it shouldn't do that. If EU's laws start to get actively harmful for most EU countries, chances are they're either going to get changed, or the entire EU is going to go *poof*. Second is much more likely than the first, though, given European econonmy Soviet-like policies for last couple years.
._.
Pages: 1 ... 1303 1304 [1305] 1306 1307 ... 1393