Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

Poll

Can we make a nice gaussian-looking curve?

A
A
A
A
A
A
A
A

Pages: 1 ... 1387 1388 [1389] 1390 1391 ... 1393

Author Topic: Sheb's European Megathread: Remove Feta!  (Read 1643981 times)

miljan

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
Re: Sheb's European Megathread: Remove Feta!
« Reply #20820 on: October 01, 2015, 04:45:31 pm »

No, if YOU want to be taken seriously, link from the wiki leaks site itself, not some conspiracy site. Next you're going to say that the government was behind 9/11 :p

Hell, Russia Times is a more reliable site than that conspiracy site, and that says something because RT is the propaganda mouthpiece of Moscow.

Holy crap dude, watch that video and stop embarrassing yourself, and google who is in that video doing (or is guest or how its said in english) the interview.

And here is your wiki leaks
https://wikileaks.org/plusd/cables/06DAMASCUS5399_a.html

« Last Edit: October 01, 2015, 04:48:24 pm by miljan »
Make love not war

Kot

• Bay Watcher
  • 2 Patriotic 4 U
    • View Profile
    • Tiny Pixel Soldiers
« Reply #20821 on: October 01, 2015, 04:47:04 pm »

I may be late for hurr durr refugees stuff, but eh. I honestly don't have any idea what majority thinks here, but since I was doing this anyway I may as well drop it here too.

I live in Poland, so we don't feel it yet (we may never, since all of refugees want to go somewhere west because Poland is apparently too shitty for them), but I have to say I'm against accepting them (but don't get me wrong, immigrants are free to come as long as they're here for good. I would even be happy if there was some exam for "being Polish" (like in United States of A), because if you're here you surely want to be Polish), as is pretty much everyone I know. Hell, the moment where politicans from so varied backgrounds (that usually rip at each other's throats) start saying we shouldn't, you know there is one thing most Poles agree with. Also, I've been to London recently. It has changed. Few years ago it was multicultural, but now I've seen more muslims than anything. Maybe I exaggerate, but after seeing that you start to get why people are fed up with them and start to seriously think that there is something wrong going on. Multiculturalism may not be bad in some parts, it's kind of nice when it's contained to, say, capital where you can buy stuff without having to go to other country but... the moment when one group is much bigger than rest and they're actually starting to "threaten" (as in, start gaining power to possibly start making their rules rules of other people) the nation they're in, it's a problem.

Except serveral major Polish media promote it. I don't way to sound like conspiracy theorist, but it's pretty easy to check that majority of those is part of international groups (notably German ones, Verlagsgruppe Passau, Ringier Axel Springer and Bauer) or affilated with the government (it's also pretty funny, considering that President is against (he's pretty right-affilated, while majority of government is closer to left) it, which generates some hunt against him). For some reason we're also apparently compelled to do so, because rest of Europe does. Don't see any reason why we should do so.
Kot finishes his morning routine in the same way he always does, by burning a scale replica of Saint Basil's Cathedral on the windowsill.

smjjames

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #20822 on: October 01, 2015, 04:52:14 pm »

@mijan No, you stop embarrassing yourself by using a conspiracy site as a source. Now, was it so hard to link the wikileaks document in the first place?

It reads like an intel report and it wasn't exactly kept a secret from everybody else. What we knew, a whole lot of other people knew because we sent it to them.

Ukrainian Ranger

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #20823 on: October 01, 2015, 04:54:28 pm »

Don't see any reason why we should do so.
How about helping people in need?
War must be, while we defend our lives against a destroyer who would devour all; but I do not love the bright sword for its sharpness, nor the arrow for its swiftness, nor the warrior for his glory. I love only that which they defend.

MetalSlimeHunt

• Bay Watcher
  • Gerrymander Commander
    • View Profile
« Reply #20824 on: October 01, 2015, 04:55:16 pm »

Who are you and where is UR?
Quote from: Thomas Paine
To argue with a man who has renounced the use and authority of reason, and whose philosophy consists in holding humanity in contempt, is like administering medicine to the dead, or endeavoring to convert an atheist by scripture.
No Gods, No Masters.

Vilanat

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #20825 on: October 01, 2015, 04:55:30 pm »

Have you read that source? no doubt it's about disrupting Assad and trying to have him make mistakes for influencing him, but there is nothing about actually staging a civil war.

I find it funny that Julian Assange who bragged about triggering the Arab Spring, which is the real reason for the protests in Syria and the resulted civil war, is now blabbering about the U.S staging that civil war.

Sunni insurgency and an Alawite-Sunni war is not a new thing and it certainly predates 2006.
https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Islamist_uprising_in_Syria

The only reason it didn't turn into a full scale civil war back then, is because the Muslim Brotherhood (Their leader told Assad the father that he will not stop fighting until there is an Islamic Caliphate in Syria), Qatar and Saudi Arabia were not established enough, Turkey was far more secular, Iraq was a state and not a petri dish for jihdaists and the idea of global Jihadism was in its infancy. if it had stayed local in Syria, Assad junior would probably had also won, perhaps with greater losses than his father, but he would have won and it wouldn't have turned into a full civil war with a torn up Syria.

The only one who caused a civil war in Syria is Assad himself.

miljan

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #20826 on: October 01, 2015, 05:00:26 pm »

@mijan No, you stop embarrassing yourself by using a conspiracy site as a source. Now, was it so hard to link the wikileaks document in the first place?

It reads like an intel report and it wasn't exactly kept a secret from everybody else. What we knew, a whole lot of other people knew because we sent it to them.

Intel report, with plans and suggestion how to bring syria government down is just intel?  :D Hahaha. Great. I am not using conspiracy sites ase source, read again what I wrote dude, they just reposted the source. I know its hard to accept that your country is starting a lot of shit around the world with all propaganda that is going around it,and so I am not surprised from your reply that it's just intel report when it's obvious its a lot more.
Make love not war

Kot

• Bay Watcher
  • 2 Patriotic 4 U
    • View Profile
    • Tiny Pixel Soldiers
« Reply #20827 on: October 01, 2015, 05:04:51 pm »

Letting all of them inside without any previous plan is going to create more problems, both for them and EU. Helping people in need would be removing the problem, and if anything, they should also stay there and help removing it.
Kot finishes his morning routine in the same way he always does, by burning a scale replica of Saint Basil's Cathedral on the windowsill.

Ukrainian Ranger

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #20828 on: October 01, 2015, 05:17:26 pm »

Intel report, with plans and suggestion how to bring syria government down is just intel?  :D Hahaha. Great. I am not using conspiracy sites ase source, read again what I wrote dude, they just reposted the source.
I repost CNN info that mijan is a zoophile.

War must be, while we defend our lives against a destroyer who would devour all; but I do not love the bright sword for its sharpness, nor the arrow for its swiftness, nor the warrior for his glory. I love only that which they defend.

miljan

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #20829 on: October 01, 2015, 05:25:13 pm »

Intel report, with plans and suggestion how to bring syria government down is just intel?  :D Hahaha. Great. I am not using conspiracy sites ase source, read again what I wrote dude, they just reposted the source.
I repost CNN info that mijan is a zoophile.

You need to have a link to the CNN in your repost to be of same case.

So try harder  :D

Also no need to be somewhat insulting in your post trying to make a point (in a wrong way, and failing at it also at the same time).
« Last Edit: October 01, 2015, 05:29:11 pm by miljan »
Make love not war

Il Palazzo

• Bay Watcher
  • And lo, the Dude did abide. And it was good.
    • View Profile
« Reply #20830 on: October 01, 2015, 05:25:33 pm »

I always find it sadly hilarious when I hear a Pole complaining about immigrants (and there's a lot of those all of a sudden), especially about those escaping war zones. We've got 20 million Poles living abroad as immigrants to other countries, goddamnit, compared to less than 40 in the country itself.
Every single major conflict that has hit the nation in the last couple hundred years led to mass and permanent emigration to less turbulent parts of the world, and we had such conflicts in abundance.
In peacetime we're also remarkably shallowly rooted in our fatherland, preferring to escape whatever dreary realities we find ourselves in over staying and 'helping fix it'.
US green cards and visas used to be coveted not that long ago, and the recent-ish opening of European job markets saw towns visibly depopulate. And boy, do we complain when the locals don't want us where we go.

But heck if we'll allow anyone come to our country. Yeah, they should stay where they are, just like the 20 million of us stayed.

MarcAFK

• Bay Watcher
  • [INSANITY INTENSIFIES]
    • View Profile
« Reply #20831 on: October 01, 2015, 05:28:45 pm »

As others mentioned, the us has contingency plans for everything, that doesn't mean it actually wants to spend the money doing anything.
The closest I can find to us involvement in Syria was the recent funding of "anti Isis rebels" there who quickly surrendered their weapons and technicals to Isis.
They're nearly as bad as badgers. Build a couple of anti-buzzard SAM sites marksdwarf towers and your fortress will look like Baghdad in 2003 from all the aerial bolt spam. You waste a lot of ammo and everything is covered in unslightly exploded buzzard bits and broken bolts.

Helgoland

• Bay Watcher
  • No man is an island.
    • View Profile
« Reply #20832 on: October 01, 2015, 05:41:47 pm »

Who are you and where is UR?
He's always been like that, didn't you know? It's him and Owlie who keep me from making blanket condemnations of nationalism. Especially him, actually: What UR has said about the Russian people in the past, despite the fact that his country is currently being more or less covertly invaded by Russia, has convinced me that nationalism can remain untainted by hate even in the darkest of times.

@Thread closing: I guess treating the refugee issue like we treated the Russia issue would already help a lot. It's either that or kicking out all the xenophobic protofascists, and while I'd love to step in Beria's shoes and orchestrate a purge I fear I might end up getting purged myself :P
The Bay12 postcard club
Arguably he's already a progressive, just one in the style of an enlightened Kaiser.
I'm going to do the smart thing here and disengage. This isn't a hill I paticularly care to die on.

mainiac

• Bay Watcher
  • Na vazeal kwah-kai
    • View Profile
« Reply #20833 on: October 01, 2015, 05:48:24 pm »

Intel report, with plans and suggestion how to bring syria government down is just intel?

Yes?  What the fuck do you think the CIAs job is?

You'll notice a complete lack of any of these actions being undertaken.  You have the Super Secret Cross My Eye information and it doesn't say what you want but because you expect it to, you assume it does anyway.  You aren't adjusting your posterior to new information.

I know its hard to accept that your country is starting a lot of shit around the world

Not really, it just takes evidence, something that you haven't provided an iota of.
Ancient Babylonian god of RAEG
--------------
[CAN_INTERNET]
[PREFSTRING:google]
"Don't tell me what you value. Show me your budget and I will tell you what you value"
« Last Edit: February 10, 1988, 03:27:23 pm by UR MOM »
mainiac is always a little sarcastic, at least.

Kot

• Bay Watcher
  • 2 Patriotic 4 U
    • View Profile
    • Tiny Pixel Soldiers
« Reply #20834 on: October 01, 2015, 06:09:23 pm »

Unfortunately, the entirety of the EU (sans UK, and maybe a few others) seems hell-bent on not actually removing the problem. So... yeah.
Because what, Russia is going to attack? Or they're against losing soldiers?
Well, I am sorry to break the news to you, First World, but (I know it's very unpopular thanks to what was going on before (GG British Empire), but eh) there is a concept called "The White Man's Burden". If the humans are living in shit and can't get out of it, it's not their problem only. It's problem of whole humanity. People in better position should bring them peace, bring them safety and bring them education. Their payment will be their minds. Each mind, of every human, is fucking awesome and capable of doing miracles. We should all unite in this, to ensure the future of our race. We may be different in nationality, religion, beliefs, but we're all humans (unless you identify as Boeing AH-64 Apache Attack Helicopter, sorry then) and we should do our best to get in best position we can. We may be only in universe, we may not but still I cannot bear the thought that one day, in cold, cold world... there won't be thought anymore.
I always find it sadly hilarious when I hear a Pole complaining about immigrants (and there's a lot of those all of a sudden), especially about those escaping war zones.
Poles left. Sometimes they left nothing, since there was no Poland at the time. Sometimes they left during peace, sometimes they were stranded abroad. But I cannot imagine a true Polish would ever consider not returning one day. Some (if not almost all) of most revered Polish art, be it written, painted or sang, is about the pain of being away from our homeland and the future joy of reuniting. We literally are raised on, we live on our past glories and made to think of future ones we lost. Some of them managed to come back, others didin't... and those who didin't sometimes lost themselves and their children to other countries, but... lot's of them, tried to find help on emigration, help with freeing Poland. I can't really blame on them that world gave no shit. You know how that's different from refugees nowadays?
We didin't exactly complained that it's too hot on Haiti when we were helping France keep hold on it in exchange for helping getting our country back. We didin't exactly complained about being used in fighting on other side of world for American freedom, for getting a place where we could stay while we had no country. We didin't exactly complain about working our asses off in factories or dying with foreign equipment we had to buy for even getting a chance to fight for freedom, ours and theirs. We didin't exactly complain when we got the worst jobs for worst pays so we could maybe convice our bosses that their assertions of friendship still mean something. And now, the oh so poor refugees don't want to stay because it's too cold and food is too shitty.
TL;DR
I simply cannot belive that there is someone who could call himself a Pole and still willingly leave the Poland forever.
Someone didin't pay attention on Polish and history lessons.
EDIT:
Wake up sheeple
Pages: 1 ... 1387 1388 [1389] 1390 1391 ... 1393