Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

Poll

Can we make a nice gaussian-looking curve?

A
A
A
A
A
A
A
A

Author Topic: Sheb's European Megathread: Remove Feta!  (Read 1624819 times)

mainiac

• Bay Watcher
  • Na vazeal kwah-kai
    • View Profile
Re: Sheb's European Megathread: Remove Feta!
« Reply #20835 on: October 01, 2015, 06:14:39 pm »

Stop being so cynical.  Wake up sheeple!
Ancient Babylonian god of RAEG
--------------
[CAN_INTERNET]
[PREFSTRING:google]
"Don't tell me what you value. Show me your budget and I will tell you what you value"
« Last Edit: February 10, 1988, 03:27:23 pm by UR MOM »
mainiac is always a little sarcastic, at least.

Fniff

• Bay Watcher
  • if you must die, die spectacularly
    • View Profile
« Reply #20836 on: October 01, 2015, 06:19:02 pm »

Kot, Polish people bitched about all of those things. As did Irish people, French people, Japanese people, whatever culture you care to name.

How do I know this? Because Polish people are still people. And the reason there probably aren't any records of Polish people bitching is because no one went up to Samuel Wasneski and held up a microphone to his mouth while he bitched about how his wife is breathing down his neck and the weather's bad and his shoes are too tight.

Bitching is universal. Nothing has changed.

Ukrainian Ranger

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #20837 on: October 01, 2015, 06:26:47 pm »

Don't see any reason why we should do so.
How about helping people in need?
Who are you and where is UR?
Look...

a) I am very anti-islam, everyone on this forum knows that.
b) I am anti-immigration without a good reason.
c) I am not a fan of adult military fit males fleeing from a war.
d) I do think that nations must care about its own interests first.
e) Danger of having your own culture dissolve is not something to ignore.

You typical views of a far-right

but

a) The best way to deal with Islam is to show Muslims a life without Islam. If 1\4 of children of those refugee will get their minds free from this totalitarian ideology then it was worth an effort.
b) Fleeing from a war is a very good reason.
c) It is true for a war with an invader. Multisided civil war without good guys are perfectly fine to avoid.
d) That never means that you should care not about sufferings of other nations. Treating others in the way like you would want to be treated works on any scale.
e) If someone's national culture can dissolve after accepting few% worth of immigrants... Then this nation will not survive anyway

War must be, while we defend our lives against a destroyer who would devour all; but I do not love the bright sword for its sharpness, nor the arrow for its swiftness, nor the warrior for his glory. I love only that which they defend.

Kot

• Bay Watcher
  • 2 Patriotic 4 U
    • View Profile
    • Tiny Pixel Soldiers
« Reply #20838 on: October 01, 2015, 06:34:06 pm »

You're pretty much right (Polish are experts at bitching, mostly at themselves but eh), but that's not what I meant. We didin't exactly jumped on our hosts about how the food is bad and it's too cold and that they have to do something or else we're going to call Germany and tell them were bullying them. A good amount of us didin't even jump at them when they literally sold our country because there was still a chance they're going to help in future.

a) The best way to deal with Islam is to show Muslims a life without Islam. If 1\4 of children of those refugee will get their minds free from this totalitarian ideology then it was worth an effort.
Or show them life without Islam on their own soil. That's what missionaries were doing for past few hundred years, didin't they?
b) Fleeing from a war is a very good reason.
In best case (world gave a shit before they started running away), they wouldn't have had to flee in first place.
c) It is true for a war with an invader. Multisided civil war without good guys are perfectly fine to avoid.
Get asses together, send NATO forces to deal with this shit and bring them along if they're willing to fight for their own country.
d) That never means that you should care not about sufferings of other nations. Treating others in the way like you would want to be treated works on any scale.
I would want to be treated good in my own country, thank you.
e) If someone's national culture can dissolve after accepting few% worth of immigrants... Then this nation will not survive anyway
Will it dissolve? Proably not. Will it noticeably change, possibly for worse? Maybe. Assimilation's a thing.
« Last Edit: October 01, 2015, 06:35:44 pm by Kot »
Kot finishes his morning routine in the same way he always does, by burning a scale replica of Saint Basil's Cathedral on the windowsill.

Frumple

• Bay Watcher
  • The Prettiest Kyuuki
    • View Profile
« Reply #20839 on: October 01, 2015, 06:44:17 pm »

Or show them life without Islam on their own soil. That's what missionaries were doing for past few hundred years, didin't they?
Not even remotely.
Ask not!
What your country can hump for you.
Ask!
What you can hump for your country.

Kot

• Bay Watcher
  • 2 Patriotic 4 U
    • View Profile
    • Tiny Pixel Soldiers
« Reply #20840 on: October 01, 2015, 06:49:32 pm »

Not even remotely.
Explain.
As far as I'm concerned a good part (the middle one) of Africa is basically a mix between two (and a bunch of tribal beliefs thrown in) and missionaries go there. They indeed mostly teach children that don't belong to either or are Christian, but there's a good bunch of convertites too, which sometimes caused fights.
Kot finishes his morning routine in the same way he always does, by burning a scale replica of Saint Basil's Cathedral on the windowsill.

Graknorke

• Bay Watcher
  • A bomb's a bad choice for close-range combat.
    • View Profile
« Reply #20841 on: October 01, 2015, 06:52:37 pm »

If you're looking for an example of successful missionary work, you probably don't want to look to Africa.
Condoms cause AIDS, anyone?
Cultural status:
Depleted          ☐
Enriched          ☑

Antsan

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #20842 on: October 01, 2015, 06:54:09 pm »

You're pretty much right (Polish are experts at bitching, mostly at themselves but eh), but that's not what I meant. We didin't exactly jumped on our hosts about how the food is bad and it's too cold and that they have to do something or else we're going to call Germany and tell them were bullying them. A good amount of us didin't even jump at them when they literally sold our country because there was still a chance they're going to help in future.
There have been some refugees in the media who complain about the cold and whatnot, but that doesn't mean much – highlighting outliers is something they do very well.
The refugees me and my family personally dealt with are so exceedingly thankful it's becoming uncomfortable: Show up at their doorstep and you're gonna be stuffed with food.

@missionaries:
Adding one more ideology won't help calming things down.
Taste my Paci-Fist

Kot

• Bay Watcher
  • 2 Patriotic 4 U
    • View Profile
    • Tiny Pixel Soldiers
« Reply #20843 on: October 01, 2015, 07:00:48 pm »

If you're looking for an example of successful missionary work, you probably don't want to look to Africa.
Condoms cause AIDS, anyone?
Who said it was sucessful?
Also, if missionaries against islam aren't a thing, what about stuff like this? It's pretty shit I know but I just googled it in English because I can't speak arabic for shit.
exceedingly thankful it's becoming uncomfortable:
So now it's time to maybe do something about the whole cause and get their country back for them, maybe with their help?
Dunno, but I myself would be happier if I had awesome country back where I lived before. Maybe because nationalism but whatever.
@missionaries:
Imperial Truth when?

smjjames

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #20844 on: October 01, 2015, 07:05:09 pm »

@missionaries:
Imperial Truth when?
[/quote]

Has it ever?

URs point is to have them be exposed to ideas outside of Islam or at least not be brainwashed by being taught the koran and ONLY the koran.

Kot

• Bay Watcher
  • 2 Patriotic 4 U
    • View Profile
    • Tiny Pixel Soldiers
« Reply #20845 on: October 01, 2015, 07:06:32 pm »

Imperial Truth when?

Has it ever?
Sadly, no.
URs point is to have them be exposed to ideas outside of Islam or at least not be brainwashed by being taught the koran and ONLY the koran.
That can be solved pretty easily.
Give them internet.

Fniff

• Bay Watcher
  • if you must die, die spectacularly
    • View Profile
« Reply #20846 on: October 01, 2015, 07:07:43 pm »

Get asses together, send NATO forces to deal with this shit and bring them along if they're willing to fight for their own country.
Recruiter: "Hey, refugees! Guess what?"
Refugee: "We're citizens?"
Recruiter: "Better! NATO forces have been sent into Syria. We're sorting it out!"
Refugee: "Oh. Haven't you been trying to 'sort out' the middle east since the Crusades at this point?"
Recruiter: "No one said it would be easy. But you can get involved too! You can put your boots on the ground and deal with this shit to get back your country."
Refugee: "I'm imagining that dealing with this shit involves dying of dysentery on the retreat from a strategic disaster that keeps repeating itself, slap bang in the middle of a war I was so scared of that I abandoned my home and now live in what was literally a concentration camp just to avoid getting involved?"
Recruiter: "Yeah!"
Refugee: "You know what? I'll pass."

Ukrainian Ranger

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #20847 on: October 01, 2015, 07:17:40 pm »

Converting in another  less oppressive religion is not exactly I offer. Besides it is plain illegal to preach any religion in most Muslim countries.

In best case (world gave a shit before they started running away), they wouldn't have had to flee in first place.

True but this mean nothing and offer no insight

Using a simple solutions for a complex problems here. Besides I can bet that in this case there are will be huge outcry both for wasting European money and lives on the war and for arming terrorists.

Will it dissolve? Proably not. Will it noticeably change, possibly for worse? Maybe. Assimilation's a thing.
Changes are good. It is called progress and development.

BTW, I suggest to ban internet, it is a dangerous way to change national values, youth swallows culture of other nations and it may bring bad changes.

That can be solved pretty easily.
Give them internet.
Internet for a 7 year girl that is taught that being owned by a husband is love? It will definitely work.
War must be, while we defend our lives against a destroyer who would devour all; but I do not love the bright sword for its sharpness, nor the arrow for its swiftness, nor the warrior for his glory. I love only that which they defend.

mainiac

• Bay Watcher
  • Na vazeal kwah-kai
    • View Profile
« Reply #20848 on: October 01, 2015, 07:19:41 pm »

Well it will work, it'll just take a long time.
Ancient Babylonian god of RAEG
--------------
[CAN_INTERNET]
[PREFSTRING:google]
"Don't tell me what you value. Show me your budget and I will tell you what you value"
« Last Edit: February 10, 1988, 03:27:23 pm by UR MOM »
mainiac is always a little sarcastic, at least.

smjjames

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #20849 on: October 01, 2015, 07:24:18 pm »

Changes are good. It is called progress and development.

BTW, I suggest to ban internet, it is a dangerous way to change national values, youth swallows culture of other nations and it may bring bad changes.

Ya scared of being assimilated by American culture? RESISTANCE IS FUTILE!

I tease ;D and I know you're being sarcastic.