Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

Poll

Can we make a nice gaussian-looking curve?

A
A
A
A
A
A
A
A

Pages: 1 ... 1389 1390 [1391] 1392 1393

Author Topic: Sheb's European Megathread: Remove Feta!  (Read 1624986 times)

Kot

• Bay Watcher
  • 2 Patriotic 4 U
    • View Profile
    • Tiny Pixel Soldiers
Re: Sheb's European Megathread: Remove Feta!
« Reply #20850 on: October 01, 2015, 07:30:33 pm »

Refugee: "We're citizens?"
Awesome. This is clearly not going to cause problems. Shitton of cheap workers in countries with raging unemployment is totally not going to cause tensions.
Refugee: "Oh. Haven't you been trying to 'sort out' the middle east since the Crusades at this point?"
Point taken, West is horrendously shit at solving problems when it comes to things like religion, nationalism and ideology. They half-suceeded in Poland tho, so I belive it's possible. Also, clearly, letting the war to turn Syria into barren wasteland filled with fanatics that may suddenly find it easier to spill outside is best idea ever.
Refugee: "I'm imagining that dealing with this shit involves dying of dysentery on the retreat from a strategic disaster that keeps repeating itself, slap bang in the middle of a war I was so scared of that I abandoned my home and now live in what was literally a concentration camp just to avoid getting involved?"
It seriously amazes me that someone can be like this. If you're scared of giving a shit about your country you clearly don't deserve it, or any country at all. After all, being a citzen basically requires you to defend the country you're a citzen of and if you can't do it for your father/motherland, you clearly won't be able to fight for any other.

Or show them life without Islam on their own soil. That's what missionaries were doing for past few hundred years, didin't they?
Converting in another  less oppressive religion is not exactly I offer. Besides it is plain illegal to preach any religion in most Muslim countries.
It's part of the problem, giving people options is going to soften it up.
Also teaching them atheism is so much better idea obviously.
Using a simple solutions for a complex problems here. Besides I can bet that in this case there are will be huge outcry both for wasting European money and lives on the war and for arming terrorists.
It it's simple the Americans will have less trouble remembering it. Also, isolationism when there are fanatics around is clearly best idea. I wonder what will be the European Lusitania or WTC.
Changes are good. It is called progress and development.
You're seriously weak nationalist if you're for globalism. But still, changes don't always mean progress.

BTW, I suggest to ban internet, it is a dangerous way to change national values, youth swallows culture of other nations and it may bring bad changes.
It already did, but it's too late. We can only go with it now, and the amount of good changes outweight the bad ones.

Internet for a 7 year girl that is taught that being owned by a husband is love? It will definitely work.
Also regular education and care and whatnot because someone finally gave a shit and freed her.
Kot finishes his morning routine in the same way he always does, by burning a scale replica of Saint Basil's Cathedral on the windowsill.

Loud Whispers

• Bay Watcher
  • They said we have to aim higher, so we dug deeper.
    • View Profile
    • I APPLAUD YOU SIRRAH
« Reply #20851 on: October 01, 2015, 07:53:03 pm »

How did we go from LW being a terrorist to being a PUA?
I mean, some accusations are just wrong, man, yanno? :P

Things Bay12's accused me of:
Spoiler (click to show/hide)
The list isn't complete to my liking yet
LW, don't tell me you're one of those PUA work out guys. That'd be too funny.
ayyy gurll are you the EU because every time I see you I campaign for greater transparency
They generally seem more worried about the future "white genocide."
STop the GEnoCIDE of the £2 FISH
Nah those lot are mainly youtube copypastas; the serious people trying to do political stuff want to preserve national identities same way Jews do, or you have commies who don't like employees being able to hire someone cheaper and harder working than them or gay nazis who mostly like the suits and make money off of the controversy
I always find it sadly hilarious when I hear a Pole complaining about immigrants (and there's a lot of those all of a sudden), especially about those escaping war zones. We've got 20 million Poles living abroad as immigrants to other countries, goddamnit, compared to less than 40 in the country itself.
Yeah and everyone else complains they've got Poles in their country locking their nation into forever Polan in Eurovision
Every single major conflict that has hit the nation in the last couple hundred years led to mass and permanent emigration to less turbulent parts of the world, and we had such conflicts in abundance.
With emigrants from similar peoples in less turbulent times and in far less volumes; this is not tens of thousands this is millions; the EU failed to prepare and even encouraged it and now they better sit with it because they're about to be permanently enriched and they didn't expect this obvious outcome :D
Also, I've been to London recently. It has changed. Few years ago it was multicultural, but now I've seen more muslims than anything.
And a few years before that it was English, but nah it's all conspiracies lol
Maybe I exaggerate, but after seeing that you start to get why people are fed up with them and start to seriously think that there is something wrong going on. Multiculturalism may not be bad in some parts, it's kind of nice when it's contained to, say, capital where you can buy stuff without having to go to other country but... the moment when one group is much bigger than rest and they're actually starting to "threaten" (as in, start gaining power to possibly start making their rules rules of other people) the nation they're in, it's a problem.
Yeah nah, too late, everyone has moved from tolerance to accommodation it's a fact you'll have to live with, not an issue you can face. They're already making rules of other people, I can think of no better reward to progressivism than to see it subverted by fundamentalism
Except serveral major Polish media promote it. I don't way to sound like conspiracy theorist, but it's pretty easy to check that majority of those is part of international groups (notably German ones, Verlagsgruppe Passau, Ringier Axel Springer and Bauer) or affilated with the government (it's also pretty funny, considering that President is against (he's pretty right-affilated, while majority of government is closer to left) it, which generates some hunt against him). For some reason we're also apparently compelled to do so, because rest of Europe does. Don't see any reason why we should do so.
No national identity, no opposition to the German Empire, cheeki Merkel approved.
Who said it was sucessful?
Also, if missionaries against islam aren't a thing, what about stuff like this? It's pretty shit I know but I just googled it in English because I can't speak arabic for shit.
Go to Saudi Arabia and try to hand out leaflets for Jebus, you will be arrested and then you will disappear.
It seriously amazes me that someone can be like this. If you're scared of giving a shit about your country you clearly don't deserve it, or any country at all. After all, being a citzen basically requires you to defend the country you're a citzen of and if you can't do it for your father/motherland, you clearly won't be able to fight for any other.
Don't be silly, you're entitled to all the oil in Qatar for reasons

Fniff

• Bay Watcher
  • if you must die, die spectacularly
    • View Profile
« Reply #20852 on: October 01, 2015, 07:54:46 pm »

Refugee: "We're citizens?"
Awesome. This is clearly not going to cause problems. Shitton of cheap workers in countries with raging unemployment is totally not going to cause tensions.
Recruiter: "Okay, so it turns out that NATO intervention in Syria may not have panned out as we would have hoped. We maaaaay have ended up in the worst quagmire since Vietnam, actually. So we're stuck with you guys, probably because none of you signed up for our refugee army."
Refugee: "What about Farid?"
Recruiter: "He thought it was a course in hotdog making. Odd duck, that one. Now, onto our main subject: what are we going to do with you."
Refugee: "Make us citizens?"
Recruiter: "No, we can't have you going along doing that. That's just going to tip the economy right off the abyss. You'll be like Mexicans on steroids. Nope, you're still refugees no matter what."
Refugee: "Okay... So what do we do?"
Recruiter: "Absolutely nothing. If we give you things, we're spoiling you. It's not me, it's the general public. Also, don't be Muslim or anything, it gives people the willies."
Refugee: "I'm leaving."
Recruiter: "Don't move. Don't speak, you're making the tabloids nervous. Stay in your seats. Don't even breathe. I'm going. When I come back in a week, you better not have moved an inch or there will be a media hell storm!"
Refugee: "... Okay, whatever."
Recruiter: "Good. I'm turning off the light now. Goodniiiiight..."
*door closes*

Helgoland

• Bay Watcher
  • No man is an island.
    • View Profile
« Reply #20853 on: October 01, 2015, 07:56:33 pm »

Just make them and their descendants stay refugees forever! Worked fine for the Palestinians, right?
The Bay12 postcard club
Arguably he's already a progressive, just one in the style of an enlightened Kaiser.
I'm going to do the smart thing here and disengage. This isn't a hill I paticularly care to die on.

hector13

• Bay Watcher
  • It’s shite being Scottish
    • View Profile
« Reply #20854 on: October 01, 2015, 08:00:33 pm »

I don't think being a citizen means that. What of those with dual-citizenship, and their countries go to war with each other? (unlikely, perhaps, but devil's advocate and that)

I would also suggest you're being quite unfair. How many of the refugees have combat experience? Assad isn't exactly a nice person, either, what with the accusations of using chemical weapons and stuff. Would you fight for someone like that?

Also, civil war. Which side is right? The one in charge, or the rebels? Both (claim to) fight for the sake of their country, after all.
Look, we need to raise a psychopath who will murder God, we have no time to be spending on cooking.

the way your fingertips plant meaningless soliloquies makes me think you are the true evil among us.

Kot

• Bay Watcher
  • 2 Patriotic 4 U
    • View Profile
    • Tiny Pixel Soldiers
« Reply #20855 on: October 02, 2015, 12:58:13 am »

With emigrants from similar peoples in less turbulent times and in far less volumes; this is not tens of thousands this is millions; the EU failed to prepare and even encouraged it and now they better sit with it because they're about to be permanently enriched and they didn't expect this obvious outcome :D
Having a huge influx of "citzens" that are willing to work for shit money is the best idea ever. The fact that the poor people are suddenly going to lose their jobs is obviously only going to be good. Combining this with that they lost their jobs to refugees from other countries that are mostly Muslims will lead to fun and games.
I don't think being a citizen means that. What of those with dual-citizenship, and their countries go to war with each other? (unlikely, perhaps, but devil's advocate and that)
It does and yes it does cause problems. This was the sole reason Americans put up concentration camps for Asians during WW2.
I would also suggest you're being quite unfair. How many of the refugees have combat experience?
You're able male in right age? That's right, basic training and into meatgrinder you go. Sorry but that's how it's been since ever if you had war in your country.
Assad isn't exactly a nice person, either, what with the accusations of using chemical weapons and stuff. Would you fight for someone like that?

Also, civil war. Which side is right? The one in charge, or the rebels? Both (claim to) fight for the sake of their country, after all.
The right side is obviously NATO that's going to crash the party and set up a puppet regime first EU country in Asia, because lel Turkey is too slow.

Recruiter: "Okay, so it turns out that NATO intervention in Syria may not have panned out as we would have hoped. We maaaaay have ended up in the worst quagmire since Vietnam, probably because none of you signed up for our refugee army."
Kot finishes his morning routine in the same way he always does, by burning a scale replica of Saint Basil's Cathedral on the windowsill.

MarcAFK

• Bay Watcher
  • [INSANITY INTENSIFIES]
    • View Profile
« Reply #20856 on: October 02, 2015, 01:16:32 am »

Who let the starship trooper in here?
They're nearly as bad as badgers. Build a couple of anti-buzzard SAM sites marksdwarf towers and your fortress will look like Baghdad in 2003 from all the aerial bolt spam. You waste a lot of ammo and everything is covered in unslightly exploded buzzard bits and broken bolts.

mainiac

• Bay Watcher
  • Na vazeal kwah-kai
    • View Profile
« Reply #20857 on: October 02, 2015, 02:31:23 am »

The fact that the poor people are suddenly going to lose their jobs is obviously only going to be good.

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Lump_of_labour_fallacy#Immigration

I would say that the fact that the current poor citizen population in the country will on average move to slightly more productive tasks is going to be a good thing but I dont think it's particularly obvious nor do I think it's monotonic (i.e. "only going to be good")
Ancient Babylonian god of RAEG
--------------
[CAN_INTERNET]
[PREFSTRING:google]
"Don't tell me what you value. Show me your budget and I will tell you what you value"
« Last Edit: February 10, 1988, 03:27:23 pm by UR MOM »
mainiac is always a little sarcastic, at least.

Vilanat

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #20858 on: October 02, 2015, 02:57:33 am »

What the lump of labour fallacy has to do with the poor natives moving to slightly more productive tasks?

Antsan

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #20859 on: October 02, 2015, 03:10:19 am »

Refugee: "I'm imagining that dealing with this shit involves dying of dysentery on the retreat from a strategic disaster that keeps repeating itself, slap bang in the middle of a war I was so scared of that I abandoned my home and now live in what was literally a concentration camp just to avoid getting involved?"
So you're basically saying that someone that isn't willing to fight for a country has no right to live.

You're able male in right age? That's right, basic training and into meatgrinder you go. Sorry but that's how it's been since ever if you had war in your country.
That's an unusual application of the Proof by Tradition.
Taste my Paci-Fist

Sergarr

• Bay Watcher
  • (9) airheaded baka (9)
    • View Profile
« Reply #20860 on: October 02, 2015, 03:24:52 am »

The fact that the poor people are suddenly going to lose their jobs is obviously only going to be good.

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Lump_of_labour_fallacy#Immigration

I would say that the fact that the current poor citizen population in the country will on average move to slightly more productive tasks is going to be a good thing but I dont think it's particularly obvious nor do I think it's monotonic (i.e. "only going to be good")
In long term, the amount of jobs will of course increase proportionally and natives will enjoy their status as slave-owners productive workers, but in the short term, there won't be enough jobs for everyone, since a couple hundred thousand new jobs can't be created instantly. And I think even a few months without a job is going to have disastrous effects on average poor person's quality of life.
._.

martinuzz

• Bay Watcher
  • High dwarf
    • View Profile
« Reply #20861 on: October 02, 2015, 03:24:57 am »

Holy shit did not know this. In some cases, pedophilia is legal in my country (the Netherlands).

If a refugee arrives in our country, married to child bride, our law won't and can't stop him, as long as the marriage was legal in his country of origin.

Holy shit that law needs to change. Child brides should be forcibly separated from their pedobear husbands by child protective services IMO
Friendly and polite reminder for optimists: Hope is a finite resource

We can ­disagree and still love each other, ­unless your disagreement is rooted in my oppression and denial of my humanity and right to exist - James Baldwin

http://www.bay12forums.com/smf/index.php?topic=73719.msg1830479#msg1830479

Antsan

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #20862 on: October 02, 2015, 03:28:30 am »

Oh, wow. Yeah, I think changing that may be a good idea.
Taste my Paci-Fist

Sergarr

• Bay Watcher
  • (9) airheaded baka (9)
    • View Profile
« Reply #20863 on: October 02, 2015, 03:39:02 am »

I'm going to bet someone (from the "cultural appropriation is always wrong" group, I suspect) would still defend this.
._.

Il Palazzo

• Bay Watcher
  • And lo, the Dude did abide. And it was good.
    • View Profile
« Reply #20864 on: October 02, 2015, 04:22:00 am »

I simply cannot belive that there is someone who could call himself a Pole and still willingly leave the Poland forever.
Jesus, dude. You need to get off Mickiewicz and go outside more. Meet some actual people.
Pages: 1 ... 1389 1390 [1391] 1392 1393