Advanced search  

Poll

Placeholder

- 2 (25%)
- 2 (25%)
- 4 (50%)

Total Members Voted: 4

Pages: 1 ... 11 12 [13] 14 15 ... 40

Author Topic: You are the Head of a Hydra Series (OOC/Applications)(Potentially being revived)  (Read 54015 times)

GreatWyrmGold

• Bay Watcher
  • Sane, by the local standards.
    • View Profile
Re: You are the head of a hydra. (OOC/Applications)
« Reply #180 on: February 27, 2013, 10:22:24 pm »

You told me it would be better than showing up at the elve's place. We don't know that yet, as we haven't been to the elves nor ummies.
Seeing as we know both of them feel about as kindly towards hydras as King Arthur would have felt about a demon...

The dwarves might be upset when EVERYONE TALKS AT THE SAME TIME.
We are talking in turns. See? The posts are in order. Besides, several of us are referring to each other.
Besides, if the dwarves have politicians, they'll understand.

You just don't understand my picture message. It basically states that we came on an exploration mission, and we wish to forge a peace agreement and possibly other such agreements in the future.
A picture is worth a thousand words.
If they can be shown, aye. However, hydras aren't notable artists. Unless you count interpretive bellows as art.
Sig
Are you a GM with players who haven't posted? TheDelinquent Players Help will have Bay12 give you an action!
[GreatWyrmGold] gets a little crown. May it forever be his mark of Cain; let no one argue pointless subjects with him lest they receive the same.

GrizzlyAdamz

• Bay Watcher
  • Herp de derp
    • View Profile
    • Check this shit out
« Reply #181 on: February 27, 2013, 10:34:51 pm »

snip demons
Neither of us knows that.

snip turns snip
That's one way to interpret it.
The other is we're all chattering at the tired, hostile, impatient bear-riding dwarf with archers at his call at the same time. We're all answering his question in our own ways, not commenting on what the others said- why would each of us take turns saying the same thing? Why would he listen to us if we were?
Speak quickly, or the archers will fire

(drawings)
Hydras aren't notable artists YET! In the interim he grips it with his mouth!
« Last Edit: February 27, 2013, 11:05:37 pm by GrizzlyAdamz »
Badges of honor
GENERATION 11: The first time you see this, copy it into your sig on any forum and add 1 to the generation. Social experiment.
Check this shit out- (it changes)
Profile->Modify Profile->Look and Layout->Current Theme: Default [Change]->Darkling (it's good for your eyes and looks better)

GreatWyrmGold

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #182 on: February 27, 2013, 11:20:40 pm »

snip demons
Neither of us knows that.
Humans and elves view us as a horrible abomination and a blasphemy. I'd say that's a good analogy.

snip turns snip
That's one way to interpret it.
The other is we're all chattering at the tired, hostile, impatient bear-riding dwarf with archers at his call at the same time. We're all answering his question in our own ways, not commenting on what the others said
Some of us are. I think. I know I did.

why would each of us take turns saying the same thing?
Politeness?

Why would he listen to us if we were?
Politeness?

(drawings)
Hydras aren't notable artists YET! In the interim he grips it with his mouth!
Good luck with that. I'd try using your mouth for talking, though.
Sig
Are you a GM with players who haven't posted? TheDelinquent Players Help will have Bay12 give you an action!
[GreatWyrmGold] gets a little crown. May it forever be his mark of Cain; let no one argue pointless subjects with him lest they receive the same.

GrizzlyAdamz

• Bay Watcher
  • Herp de derp
    • View Profile
    • Check this shit out
« Reply #183 on: February 28, 2013, 12:43:49 am »

Humans and elves view us as a horrible abomination and a blasphemy. I'd say that's a good analogy.
Unless they're 'scientific, pacifist vegetarian space people with Jesus-esque generosity.'

politeness
To expect politeness is folly! It's ours to give, but not expect- they just finished their battle, and right before they get to go in for warm ale and a tasty bed some hydra shows up. Euch. The last few were a doosy to deal with.

Now we jabber at him like a flock of 12-yr-olds, drawing pictures in the dirt & trying to hug him. We gotta get our shit together.

That or we really are taking turns and he really is patiently listening. I'll hope for the best and expect the worst.
mouths are for talking
Don't need to talk if you're drawing pictures old boy!
« Last Edit: February 28, 2013, 12:59:37 am by GrizzlyAdamz »
Badges of honor
GENERATION 11: The first time you see this, copy it into your sig on any forum and add 1 to the generation. Social experiment.
Profile->Modify Profile->Look and Layout->Current Theme: Default [Change]->Darkling (it's good for your eyes and looks better)

Zanzetkuken The Great

• Bay Watcher
  • The Wizard Dragon
    • View Profile
« Reply #184 on: February 28, 2013, 01:05:52 pm »

Since they're a dictatorship ("military"?)

More of a coalition of generals that have shown exceptional ability in strategy and tactics than a dictator.
Quote from: Eric Blank
It's Zanzetkuken The Great. He's a goddamn wizard-dragon. He will make it so, and it will forever be.
Quote from: 2016 Election IRC
<DozebomLolumzalis> you filthy god-damn ninja wizard dragon

Remuthra

• Bay Watcher
  • I live once more...
    • View Profile
« Reply #185 on: February 28, 2013, 02:53:45 pm »

Put these in the OOC thread!  Also, Remuthra, you need to post what you are saying.
That was what I was saying, I'm currently only communicating through picture messages.

GrizzlyAdamz

• Bay Watcher
  • Herp de derp
    • View Profile
    • Check this shit out
« Reply #186 on: February 28, 2013, 03:58:56 pm »

More of a coalition of generals that have shown exceptional ability in strategy and tactics than a dictator.

Good to know, then there's hope! We gotta get more info if we're going to impress them with our strategies and tactics. Mmm, this might be interesting.
Badges of honor

Zanzetkuken The Great

• Bay Watcher
  • The Wizard Dragon
    • View Profile
« Reply #187 on: February 28, 2013, 05:18:44 pm »

Put these in the OOC thread!  Also, Remuthra, you need to post what you are saying.
That was what I was saying, I'm currently only communicating through picture messages.

I meant the things in the parentheses.
Quote from: Eric Blank
It's Zanzetkuken The Great. He's a goddamn wizard-dragon. He will make it so, and it will forever be.
Quote from: 2016 Election IRC
<DozebomLolumzalis> you filthy god-damn ninja wizard dragon

GreatWyrmGold

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #188 on: February 28, 2013, 08:10:01 pm »

Unless they're 'scientific, pacifist vegetarian space people with Jesus-esque generosity.'
Are you willing to bet our life on that?

politeness
To expect politeness is folly! It's ours to give, but not expect- they just finished their battle, and right before they get to go in for warm ale and a tasty bed some hydra shows up. Euch. The last few were a doosy to deal with.
Now we jabber at him like a flock of 12-yr-olds, drawing pictures in the dirt & trying to hug him. We gotta get our shit together.
That or we really are taking turns and he really is patiently listening. I'll hope for the best and expect the worst.
Agreed. Also: Note the question marks.

mouths are for talking
Don't need to talk if you're drawing pictures old boy!
Well, words are generally more effective than a hydra's first mouth-drawing.
And they're more easily comprehensible.
Sig

Nivim

• Bay Watcher
  • Has the asylum forgotten? Are they still the same?
    • View Profile
« Reply #189 on: February 28, 2013, 08:58:08 pm »

(P.T.W.G.A.P.L.H.I.D.O.T...)
Imagine a cool peice of sky-blue and milk-white marble about 3cm by 2cm and by 0.5cm, containing a tiny 2mm malacolite crystal. Now imagine the miles of metamorphic rock it's embedded in that no pick or chisel will ever touch. Then, imagine that those miles will melt back into their mantle long before any telescope even refracts an image of their planet. The watchers will be so excited to have that image too.

GrizzlyAdamz

• Bay Watcher
  • Herp de derp
    • View Profile
    • Check this shit out
« Reply #190 on: March 01, 2013, 12:30:01 am »

We have now switched positions. You are now arguing my point from literally a couple days ago. Do you understand where I'm coming from now?

Hey, that's like, your opinion, man. Also not technically his first mouth-drawing. ~20th or so.

(P.T.W.G.A.P.L.H.I.D.O.T...)
It's more fun to participate.

Where's that alliteration guy?
« Last Edit: March 01, 2013, 12:57:15 am by GrizzlyAdamz »
Badges of honor

borno

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #191 on: March 01, 2013, 04:53:57 am »

Is it OK if I change my wait listed character? I want someone more interesting. If so, then I switch Mr. Dapper with
Head name: Muse
Personality fluff: Only speaks in song lyrics.

GreatWyrmGold

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #192 on: March 01, 2013, 10:52:03 pm »

We have now switched positions. You are now arguing my point from literally a couple days ago. Do you understand where I'm coming from now?
We haven't switched positions as far as I'm aware.

Hey, that's like, your opinion, man. Also not technically his first mouth-drawing. ~20th or so.
Fun fact: Mouths are meant for eating, not for fine manipulation.
Sig

GrizzlyAdamz

• Bay Watcher
  • Herp de derp
    • View Profile
    • Check this shit out
« Reply #193 on: March 02, 2013, 05:35:31 am »

snip
We haven't switched positions as far as I'm aware.

Questioning the other's speculation, yep.

Fun fact: Mouths are meant for eating, not for fine manipulation.

Lies and slander.

-edit
That panic roll..
Elves are shaping up to be assholes...

snip
+1 for goldie!
Calling them gents might be civility overkill. After all, dwarves are dwarves by god!

I hope the last hydras were as wacky as us...greeny made his appearance, F.Y.R. prolly will too. Try not to kill FYR, he's got military connections.

Are we still being followed around by our priests?
« Last Edit: March 02, 2013, 07:02:07 am by GrizzlyAdamz »
Badges of honor

Dariush

• Bay Watcher
  • I don't think I !!am!!, therefore I !!am!! not
    • View Profile
« Reply #194 on: March 02, 2013, 08:20:41 am »

BTW, Zanze, could you please PM me if my head grows?
Pages: 1 ... 11 12 [13] 14 15 ... 40