Advanced search  

Poll

Placeholder

- 2 (25%)
- 2 (25%)
- 4 (50%)

Total Members Voted: 4

Pages: 1 ... 18 19 [20] 21 22 ... 40

Author Topic: You are the Head of a Hydra Series (OOC/Applications)(Potentially being revived)  (Read 53996 times)

Rolepgeek

• Bay Watcher
  • They see me rollin' they savin'~
    • View Profile
Re: You are the head of a hydra. (OOC/Applications)
« Reply #285 on: April 05, 2013, 07:23:43 pm »

I know it was the just the rolls....but Auris is so going be 'I told you so!'
Sincerely, Role P. Geek

Optimism is Painful.
Optimize anyway.

GreatWyrmGold

• Bay Watcher
  • Sane, by the local standards.
    • View Profile
« Reply #286 on: April 05, 2013, 07:33:02 pm »

Actually, the dwarf was more complaining about how we were asking for something in exchange for nothing.

That's how I read it, at least.
Sig
Are you a GM with players who haven't posted? TheDelinquent Players Help will have Bay12 give you an action!
[GreatWyrmGold] gets a little crown. May it forever be his mark of Cain; let no one argue pointless subjects with him lest they receive the same.

Rolepgeek

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #287 on: April 05, 2013, 08:07:13 pm »

I read it as him being pissed off we asked for so much; and yes, apparently it was a lot; without giving anything in return. Auris will nag you about it either way.
Sincerely, Role P. Geek

Optimism is Painful.
Optimize anyway.

GreatWyrmGold

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #288 on: April 05, 2013, 08:09:08 pm »

With nothing in return, asking for an old sock is too much.
Sig
Are you a GM with players who haven't posted? TheDelinquent Players Help will have Bay12 give you an action!
[GreatWyrmGold] gets a little crown. May it forever be his mark of Cain; let no one argue pointless subjects with him lest they receive the same.

GrizzlyAdamz

• Bay Watcher
  • Herp de derp
    • View Profile
    • Check this shit out
« Reply #289 on: April 05, 2013, 11:07:05 pm »

You dun goofed GWG.
(lol)

-also
In your last message you're being rather informal to some dude you just offended, and using 'why' in anything is accusatory. Remember they've got some slavery & a militaristic society, 'speaking for ourselves' isn't something a normal old soldier would have had.

Don't apologize too much, just rephrase the proposition, (what I meant to say was...), and go from there. Agree with him as much as possible.
I still maintain the following:

So, what do we want, what can we offer? Ask for the seat on the council, non voting at first of course, and a place in their hall. We might have to gradually work on this. All we can really offer is our combat prowess. Perhaps solving thievery problems, (though that's a risky gambit).
Ask for lodging in their fortress, food & company. Offer our services in defending their, (no, our), home. Simple as that. (To avoid becoming a pet, make sure you get that company. Always keep our dignity paramount, and being civilized works as well.) Maintain we want to be treated as a member of their civ.

yes please to both armor & training!
So, all they're asking for demanding at this point is assistance in military campaigns. In return, what are they giving? Food and shelter, but only while we're on campaign. If we're fending for ourselves most the rest of the time, why should we trade these non-issues for more headaches in open combat? That's downright hypocritical.
No, make a counter-offer and keep the two issues separate- the first being defending their home if we are given a place in it. Campaigns we will assist with for that same nominal charge they offered, but only so long as we are kept informed of the why & where. We want a pinky in the door of their leadership, and otherwise just establish ourselves as one of their own.
Play up the unreasonable harshness of their demands, & do the same for the meagerness and fairness of our own. We are a hydra after all, and would be a huge asset to their army and therefor their civilization. "Be reasonable."
« Last Edit: April 06, 2013, 02:35:48 am by GrizzlyAdamz »
Badges of honor
GENERATION 11: The first time you see this, copy it into your sig on any forum and add 1 to the generation. Social experiment.
Check this shit out- (it changes)
Profile->Modify Profile->Look and Layout->Current Theme: Default [Change]->Darkling (it's good for your eyes and looks better)

GreatWyrmGold

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #290 on: April 06, 2013, 06:31:47 pm »

I'm willing to admit I suck at social interaction, but you all kinda brought this on yourselves by not trying to summarize before I did...kinda...
Sig

javierpwn

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #291 on: April 06, 2013, 06:37:42 pm »

Walton never dun goofed...
Nibbling on ear slits and such, while offering delicious fish to the "Dwerves"

javierpwn

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #292 on: April 06, 2013, 10:46:34 pm »

No Bonus for offering fishes to the dwarves? I should feel heavily ignored....

Zanzetkuken The Great

• Bay Watcher
  • The Wizard Dragon
    • View Profile
« Reply #293 on: April 06, 2013, 10:48:08 pm »

No Bonus for offering fishes to the dwarves? I should feel heavily ignored....

Sorry about that.  But since I didn't roll for what fish you eat, how do you know you didn't just offer them carp?
Quote from: Eric Blank
It's Zanzetkuken The Great. He's a goddamn wizard-dragon. He will make it so, and it will forever be.
Quote from: 2016 Election IRC
<DozebomLolumzalis> you filthy god-damn ninja wizard dragon

Remuthra

• Bay Watcher
  • I live once more...
    • View Profile
« Reply #294 on: April 06, 2013, 10:48:46 pm »

Indeed. Walton should give the dwarves a stern talking to about the importance of feeshies.

javierpwn

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #295 on: April 06, 2013, 10:50:14 pm »

It would be dead/dying carp.

It would show off our immense and powerful strength by giving them the dying carcass to feed on, when even their most capable of warriors fall to such beasts.

Zanzetkuken The Great

• Bay Watcher
  • The Wizard Dragon
    • View Profile
« Reply #296 on: April 06, 2013, 10:53:32 pm »

It would be dead/dying carp.

It would show off our immense and powerful strength by giving them the dying carcass to feed on, when even their most capable of warriors fall to such beasts.

Who knows?  A roll might show that their recruits would have to wade through live carp without weapons or armor to capture a flag as a trial to join their military after a few years of training.

Hey, there's an idea...you could join their military to earn their trust.  :P
Quote from: Eric Blank
It's Zanzetkuken The Great. He's a goddamn wizard-dragon. He will make it so, and it will forever be.
Quote from: 2016 Election IRC
<DozebomLolumzalis> you filthy god-damn ninja wizard dragon

javierpwn

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #297 on: April 06, 2013, 10:55:40 pm »

Walton could join the army... He has the IQ for it....

GreatWyrmGold

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #298 on: April 06, 2013, 10:55:49 pm »

I imagine Walton just got drowned out.

By the way, anyone mind my ultimatum?
Sig

Rolepgeek

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #299 on: April 06, 2013, 11:42:28 pm »

Yes.
Sincerely, Role P. Geek

Optimism is Painful.
Optimize anyway.
Pages: 1 ... 18 19 [20] 21 22 ... 40