Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 2 [3] 4 5 ... 38

Author Topic: BM XXXVIV: Arcane Mafia - Vengeance (SCUM VICTORY)  (Read 81881 times)

Teneb

• Bay Watcher
  • (they/them) Penguin rebellion
    • View Profile
Re: BM XXXVIV: Arcane Mafia [Sign Ups CLOSED] One IC needed
« Reply #30 on: February 19, 2013, 03:08:32 pm »

I'll offer to tag in for IO, if only because it pains me to see such an inactive IC.

Of course, having said that, watch me get super busy now.

I'll place you in IO's spot then, assuming IO himself has no problem with this. Also sending a message to Tiruin to confirm.
Monstrous Manual: D&D in DF
Quote from: Tack
What if “slammed in the ass by dead philosophers” is actually the thing which will progress our culture to the next step?

Tiruin

• Bay Watcher
  • Life is too short for worries
    • View Profile
Re: BM XXXVIV: Arcane Mafia [Sign Ups CLOSED]
« Reply #31 on: February 20, 2013, 12:27:52 am »

I won't be able, sorry. I think a break from mafia is needed.

Teneb

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #32 on: February 20, 2013, 06:06:34 am »

Unless another IC decides to step up, the ICs will be Shakerag and IO. I'll start the game later today either way.
What if “slammed in the ass by dead philosophers” is actually the thing which will progress our culture to the next step?

Teneb

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #33 on: February 20, 2013, 06:54:36 pm »

Sending PMs. Thread will be locked until I finish that.

Teneb

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
Re: BM XXXVIV: Arcane Mafia - Day 1: Murder
« Reply #34 on: February 20, 2013, 07:25:23 pm »

“Murder!”

As dawn appeared over the Arcane University, many mages woke up to that cry. Magister Dariush lay dead, face down in a pool of his own blood on the floor of the alchemist’s greenhouse, found by a now-horrified apprentice. Dariush had been chosen by the Archmage himself to lead the secret investigation team responsible for rooting out Cabal spies.  The cause of the magister’s death was a dagger, adorned with sigils of the Cabal, buried deep into his back.

While to most mages the dagger meant a Cabal assassin had struck, the Archmage and the investigators that were supposed to work under deceased magister knew this was far worse. There were traitors amongst them.

An hour later, the team and the Archmage were gathered in the room that would, originally, serve as a planning room for the whole operation.

“As I am sure that all of you are already aware,” the Archmage said “magister Dariush was found dead this morning. Only those present in this room know his, and your, task. Thus, it is with great sadness that I must conclude that some of you are traitors. Thus, you are now tasked with finding the traitors in this room. “

“I’ve personally searched the rooms of each of you, and found no evidence. There is only one solution. You will have to decide whom among you is a traitor. At the end of the day, whomever you believe to be an infiltrator will be executed, and their bodies investigated for any Cabal markings, which we know are usually branded in a way that can only be seen if the owner wills it or upon death. You may begin”

With those words he left the room. A few seconds after, the sound of the door being locked and infused with magick were heard. The doors would only open at dusk, and with them would come the death of someone.

Day will end at 25/03/2013 (DD/MM/YYYY) at 22:00 BRT (see OP for conversion). There are 72:30 hours left.
« Last Edit: February 23, 2013, 08:03:16 pm by Deathsword »

The Soldier

• Bay Watcher
  • Mono-Lances
    • View Profile
« Reply #35 on: February 20, 2013, 07:38:39 pm »

Hooray, it started!

Remuthra: How much mafia have you played, if any?

Nerjin: Suppose you were a cop, and it's night 1. Who would you rather inspect: an obviously new, nervous player; a strong player, who nonetheless seems town; or someone who only made it through day 1 by a miracle?

borno: Would you rather be a Godfather or a Roleblocker as scum? Why?

Remuthra

• Bay Watcher
  • I live once more...
    • View Profile
« Reply #36 on: February 20, 2013, 07:41:46 pm »

None on the forums, but I played the SC2 version quite a bit.

The Soldier

• Bay Watcher
  • Mono-Lances
    • View Profile
« Reply #37 on: February 20, 2013, 07:44:46 pm »

Have you read any of the games here? I'd imagine they're a lot different than SC2 mafia.

Remuthra

• Bay Watcher
  • I live once more...
    • View Profile
« Reply #38 on: February 20, 2013, 07:46:13 pm »

Have you read any of the games here? I'd imagine they're a lot different than SC2 mafia.
No, but from reading the rules page I gather that the only real difference is that the SC2 edition has about 20 more roles.

superBlast

• Bay Watcher
  • The guy that loves nukes too much
    • View Profile
« Reply #39 on: February 20, 2013, 07:48:01 pm »

Hm... I vote IronyOwl for help mislynching me on my first mafia game hahaha!

This is where I ask a question or two, right? Will someone give a me a good question to ask him? There's two questions.
"Come oooooon, a little insanity never hurt anyone.... Well except for that one guy, but never mind him." -superBlast

I gots a new livestream! Check it out here at http://www.twitch.tv/iamsuperblast

Remuthra

• Bay Watcher
  • I live once more...
    • View Profile
« Reply #40 on: February 20, 2013, 07:50:14 pm »

Hm... I vote IronyOwl for help mislynching me on my first mafia game hahaha!

This is where I ask a question or two, right? Will someone give a me a good question to ask him? There's two questions.
1. Y U SO CABAL?

superBlast

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #41 on: February 20, 2013, 07:52:13 pm »

1. Y U SO CABAL?

I have another question. Huh?
"Come oooooon, a little insanity never hurt anyone.... Well except for that one guy, but never mind him." -superBlast

I gots a new livestream! Check it out here at http://www.twitch.tv/iamsuperblast

Remuthra

• Bay Watcher
  • I live once more...
    • View Profile
« Reply #42 on: February 20, 2013, 07:52:39 pm »

superBlast

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #43 on: February 20, 2013, 07:55:13 pm »

lol

Already I like ya. Now I have 2 more for you. The first one is, you'll answer my next question honestly right?

Remuthra

• Bay Watcher
  • I live once more...
    • View Profile
« Reply #44 on: February 20, 2013, 07:56:45 pm »

Uhhh...
Blue.
No wait!
Pages: 1 2 [3] 4 5 ... 38