Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

Author Topic: Changing the manual?  (Read 1635 times)

Jboy2000000

• Bay Watcher
  • Hello good people of the interwebs!
    • View Profile
Changing the manual?
« on: February 12, 2013, 02:31:14 am »

I was reading the manual, and noticed A LOT of out of date information, so I was wondering if we could chane it, I even made my own.

The Liberal Crime Squad is a test-based game where you create a squad a liberals to try and turn the country to the left and liberalize it. You can do this in any number of ways, but you need to find out on your own.

Before you start the game, you need to understand what everything is and how they work.

When you first start the game, you’ll need to start a new game and name your character and choose their gender. After that you will need to answer some questions, this is base how skilled your starting liberal will be, as well as what perks and items you get.

Now, onto skills and what they do.
 Matial Arts: Determains your affectice in unarmed combat.
 Club: Determains you affectiveness with blunt force weapons.
 Pistol: Determains your affectiveness with handguns.
 Shotgun: Determains you affectiveness with shotguns.
 Law: How much you know about the law, which is useful when a liberal is brought to court for criminal charages, as well as other actions.
 Computers: You use this skill to hack and steal credit card numbers, as well as a few other actions.
 Writing: How well you can write, useful for writing for newspapers.
 Religion: This skill is only used in special areas.
 Seduction: This skill is used to seduce conservitives into joining your cause.
 Heavy Weapons: Determains you effectiveness with big guns.
 Knife: Determains your affectiveness with short bladed weapons.
 Axe: Determains your affectiveness with axes.
 Rifle: Determains your affectiveness with rifle grip guns.
 Persuasion: How well you can talk to people and convince them.
 Security: How well you can pick locks and break into things.
 Tailoring: How good you can make/repair clothes.
 Music: How well you can play mucis.
 Science: This skill is used to do something special.
 Teaching: How well you can teach others.
 First Aid: How well you can heal others and patch them up.
 Sword: Determains your affectiveness with long blade weapons.
 Throwing: How well you can throw items.
 SMG: Determains you affectiveness with submachine guns.
 Psychology: A skill used to talk to people in special occasions.
 Disguise: How well you can blend into places with the right disguise.
 Driving: How well you can drive a car.
 Art: How well you can draw and paint.
 Business: A skill used in very few occasions.
 Street Sense: How well you know the streets and dodge people you don’t want to see you.
 Dodge: How well you can dodge attacks.

Now, that’s the basics, the rest of the game can be explained by playing, exploring and testing, good luck!
"Wanna be a better liberal? Go get shot in the fuckin' face."

Just goes to show, even a Male Doctor that Looks Like a Female and a Criminal with Poor Hygiene Habits can fall in love.

mainiac

• Bay Watcher
  • Na vazeal kwah-kai
    • View Profile
Re: Changing the manual?
« Reply #1 on: February 12, 2013, 03:32:42 am »

It's always appreciated when people want to edit the wiki.  Feel free to sign up.  But I'm not sure that the skills page is where edits are really needed.

One thing that is missing from both your description and the wiki are social skills.  These are religion, business and street smarts (any I'm forgetting?).  They are used when brainwashing captive conservatives.  If the conservative has a higher skill then your liberal in a social skill, the conservative gets a bonus to resist brainwashing.  There isn't a bonus from having a higher social skill then the conservative, it just removes the bonus from the conservative.  This is all based off my hazy memories though.  Maybe social skills were removed from the game?

Also, tailoring doesn't affect how good you can make/repair clothes.  Your clothes are always good; everyone knows liberals wear holey jeans.  Tailoring affects how well you can make/repair clothes.
Ancient Babylonian god of RAEG
--------------
[CAN_INTERNET]
[PREFSTRING:google]
"Don't tell me what you value. Show me your budget and I will tell you what you value"
« Last Edit: February 10, 1988, 03:27:23 pm by UR MOM »
mainiac is always a little sarcastic, at least.

usr_share

• Bay Watcher
  • "For great justice!"
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: February 12, 2013, 04:19:07 am »

One thing that is missing from both your description and the wiki are social skills.  These are religion, business and street smarts (any I'm forgetting?).

Religion, Law, Business and Science.

KA101

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: February 12, 2013, 06:39:44 pm »

Yeah, I've been debating doing a wholesale fix-up job on the wiki.  Not familiar with wikidot though, and last time I joined an open-source game's wiki it devolved into spam-removal.  This one seemed fairly controlled, though those ads at the bottom worry me.  Anyone for a briefing?

Jonathan S. Fox

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
    • http://www.jonathansfox.com/
« Reply #4 on: February 12, 2013, 08:45:39 pm »

Yeah, I've been debating doing a wholesale fix-up job on the wiki.  Not familiar with wikidot though, and last time I joined an open-source game's wiki it devolved into spam-removal.  This one seemed fairly controlled, though those ads at the bottom worry me.  Anyone for a briefing?

Spam always happens on low-traffic wikis because link spammers see low-traffic wikis as a way to stealthily get more links indexed by search engines, helping them to promote the site they're paid to promote. Nothing we can do besides closing editing rights will change that. I get notification of every edit to every page however, and I always revert vandalism and spam within a day or two of it happening, if nobody else has gotten to it first. So you don't need to worry about fixing up that sort of problem -- there should be very little, if any, spam that slipped through.

The ads are part of the site and are the price for having free wiki hosting. There are fewer ads if you are logged in.

If you want to help document things and do content stuff, you are welcome to do so and to focus entirely on that.

Jboy2000000

• Bay Watcher
  • Hello good people of the interwebs!
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: February 13, 2013, 08:36:55 am »

I left some aspects vague on purpose, I think stuff brainwashing skills should be discovered through playing the game, I don't want to give ALL the information out, that would make it to easy and take away from the fun.
"Wanna be a better liberal? Go get shot in the fuckin' face."

Just goes to show, even a Male Doctor that Looks Like a Female and a Criminal with Poor Hygiene Habits can fall in love.

KA101

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #6 on: February 13, 2013, 07:39:40 pm »

Spam always happens on low-traffic wikis because link spammers see low-traffic wikis as a way to stealthily get more links indexed by search engines, helping them to promote the site they're paid to promote. Nothing we can do besides closing editing rights will change that. I get notification of every edit to every page however, and I always revert vandalism and spam within a day or two of it happening, if nobody else has gotten to it first. So you don't need to worry about fixing up that sort of problem -- there should be very little, if any, spam that slipped through.

The ads are part of the site and are the price for having free wiki hosting. There are fewer ads if you are logged in.

If you want to help document things and do content stuff, you are welcome to do so and to focus entirely on that.
OK, thanks for the info.  Wasn't sure whether those ads were legit.  Will look into signing up.  OK, account created & requesting permission to edit.  Should be some sort of PW request in your inbox, Fox.

(25-40 pages of spam links per day, with no admin support to block the spammers--that did get irksome.  Sorry.)
« Last Edit: February 13, 2013, 08:22:20 pm by KA101 »

Jonathan S. Fox

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
    • http://www.jonathansfox.com/
« Reply #7 on: February 13, 2013, 08:40:30 pm »

OK, thanks for the info.  Wasn't sure whether those ads were legit.  Will look into signing up.  OK, account created & requesting permission to edit.  Should be some sort of PW request in your inbox, Fox.

(25-40 pages of spam links per day, with no admin support to block the spammers--that did get irksome.  Sorry.)

Approved, though you shouldn't need to be a member to edit the Wiki, or even log in. I make not-logged-in edits all the time when people spam and I just want to revert something. I honestly don't know what benefits actually come with membership, given the permissive edit policy.

25-40 pages sounds pretty ridiculous, and I'd definitely restrict editing to members only long before we got to that level of spam. That's just not worth dealing with. The LCS Wiki only gets something like a spam edit or two per week, usually to the front page or sidebar.