Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

Author Topic: Perma-Injury Glitch.  (Read 720 times)

Jboy2000000

• Bay Watcher
  • Hello good people of the interwebs!
    • View Profile
Perma-Injury Glitch.
« on: February 13, 2013, 08:58:07 am »

So, I have one Liberal who had his face blown off. During the same mission, he was also shot in the chest. His head healed, but his chest will never stop showing up as "Shot" and he also gained a skill level in rifle, he went from 2.99+ to 3.00 after leaving as per normal, but he will not gain levels in his rifle skill. I don't mean it won't move up to 4.00, he cannot gain ANY skill in rifle, he has yet to get to 3.01, even after shooting several times.
"Wanna be a better liberal? Go get shot in the fuckin' face."

Just goes to show, even a Male Doctor that Looks Like a Female and a Criminal with Poor Hygiene Habits can fall in love.

KA101

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
Re: Perma-Injury Glitch.
« Reply #1 on: February 13, 2013, 07:03:47 pm »

The stuck-Shot chest might be similar to the problem I had a while back: the person healed to above 100 HP and thus still shows as injured.  Test I'd use (assuming you're running 4.03) is to have the person date someone and see if they can go on vacation.  If not, you've probably over-healed.  Solution there is unfortunately to get injured again and not heal as effectively next time.

As for the rifle skill, I'm guessing full face removal probably knocks out the eyes, which (to me) implies complete blindness/loss of smell.  Possible severing of the ears too.  In any event, Zen* can only compensate for so much.  Will defer to Fox, Pesi, or another code-reader but I'd presume that chap's done shooting.

*Neuromancer (William Gibson, book that de facto defines "cyberpunk") involves a lot of that kind of magical aiming.  Might even be accurate to the philosophy, but seems Hollywood at best.

Cheedows

• Bay Watcher
  • Still a dwarf, right?
    • View Profile
Re: Perma-Injury Glitch.
« Reply #2 on: February 13, 2013, 08:03:40 pm »

It would say if he had perma-injury though...like my leader got his arm chopped off by angry firemen.