Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

Poll

Should the Orcs of Ghoshash Snazaga use the looted Fluidcaster?

Engineer a new magma forge near the surface
- 5 (38.5%)
Build some obsidian traps
- 2 (15.4%)
Build lava pump weapons on a tower/walls
- 3 (23.1%)
Make some minecart weapons
- 1 (7.7%)
Bah, who needs it?  We have axes, don't we?
- 2 (15.4%)

Total Members Voted: 13

Pages: 1 ... 9 10 [11] 12 13 ... 16

Author Topic: Ghoshash Snazaga, "Cleaver of Ignorance," a ¤MDF Orc Fort¤ tutorial (Ch 22)  (Read 101174 times)

smakemupagus

• Bay Watcher
  • [CANOPENDOORS]
    • View Profile

Oh, yeah, totally an error, thanks for catching :)

Yep the automatons have been good opponents so far.  Wouldn't mind some Dwarves to show up though...

mavj96

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile

How is my mavj doing? Hopefully not dead?

smakemupagus

• Bay Watcher
  • [CANOPENDOORS]
    • View Profile

Nah, he's doing fine, still the second-most skilled swordsorc in the squad.  IIRC he has lots of kills of langurmen and bobcats, just not too many notables yet.

tomio175

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile

How's my sorcerer-squad doing? Are they progressing well?
...You're arguing with the GM? Why don't you argue with Jesus about how much Peter liked clams?
Because each player's delicious tears are fuel for the continued torture that is the Warrens of Oric the Awesome.

Destra

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile

Woot, elite for me :p I take it I have no notable kills? How many do I have? And awww poor unicorns and centaurs :s

smakemupagus

• Bay Watcher
  • [CANOPENDOORS]
    • View Profile

Mavj is expert 8 in sword and accomplished 10 in fighter.  4/2/2/2 in dodge/wrestle/armor/shield.
That is second best stats in the squad after:
Dohon: 8/10 ... 4/2/6/6

As typical for the Black Elders squad Mavj has
+Mithril mail shirt+
=Deep bronze platemail=,
 meteoric Tower shield
=Welded mithril Daikatana=,
+steel helm+
=orichalcum lupine mask=
The rest: greaves, padded legs, boots, cloak, gloves etc: bronze and lamellar leather.

One Notable kill and 12 others (incl a centaur and 6 langurmen)

Although, Mavj is "strong for an orc" (2800), he probably misses out on kills because his squadmates Tugbuur "very strong for an Uruk", Uduruk and Dohon have monster strength and can decapitate or bisect humanoids, now that the whole squad has good weapons.  The deep-bronze plate armor might be a little heavy for him since his armor skill is low, he'd probably be better off with one of the welded-mithril plate pieces.  But an elite clansguard orc can hardly go to the armory and beg for lighter armor ^^

Tomia's swords-skill is up to 5; the other sorcerers have no weapon skill yet but each has developed between 1 and 5 points in dodge :)  I think besides sparring they spent some time on the Blood bowl pitch practicing dodging while taking turns for the Sorc training.  I only have them spar in 1 pair at a time though, since swordsorcship is a skill of last resort for them anyway.  Now they are cycling through the temple again to learn "Disabling Hex," and they still staff the hospital.

Gwathlobal gained a rank or two in MAGIC casting runeshards in the last couple battles.

Ilena is 12/12 bow/archer.  2 notable kills and 8 other (it would be more if it gave credit for moths/tigerman riders killed by gravity after you shoot them)

Firehawk is 15/15 , 3 notable 15 other

Broken Mind is 7/10 knife/fighter, 4/2/3/2 defense

Gamerlord is 18/13 gun/archer
Higgs is 11/10
Srishakglugburz (the NPC flachette captain) is 14/10

Trak'ruhn, I don't know if your orc aspires to join the warband, if so I will send you to "boot camp" to get some basic skills first.  He's been pretty busy at the Goblin Ghetto / Labor camp though.

Actually we got a fairly steady supply of immigrants with something like 3 in a weapon skill, and 1/1 in armor/dodge, all Former members of a particular group.  Maybe a fallen fort, or a veterans of some other kind of campaign?  Broken Mind and Mavj came from this group too IIRC.

There have been a couple immigrant mastercrossbow-orcs, for the sake of the Tutorial I will say: if I was smart I would craft them a couple deep-bronze "replica ancient clockwork crossbow" at the Ancient Foundry, which in the hand of a master are one of the deadliest weapons around.  Or at least buy them crossbows on the Caravanserai.  Maybe I will do this, and they can patrol the walls of the potential deep-fortress in the caverns.  So far I have been too lazy to deal with yet another separate ranged squad, so just issued them a bow and tossed them in the Orcish Arrows.
« Last Edit: March 14, 2013, 03:31:05 pm by smakemupagus »

smakemupagus

• Bay Watcher
  • [CANOPENDOORS]
    • View Profile

Here's an example of the former Memberships that our migrant veterans all have.  (Expensive taste in booze this guy has, too...)
#################

`Mavj' Gluuruzgash has been quite content lately.  He slept in a fantastic bedroom recently.  He made a friend recently.  He was caught in the rain recently. 
He is married to Goluurz Humorscorpion and has two children:  Srithmog Blightplayed and Duum Blightextricated. 
He is a citizen of The Sweaty Vice.  He is a member of The Lucky Numbers of Adventure.  He is a former member of The Sagging Monsters.  He is a former member of The Sin of Speechlessness.  He is an enemy of The Seals of Roping.  He is an enemy of The Conquerors of Entangling.  He arrived at Tarkuurbnarkuub Snazaga Ghoshash on the 25th of Sandstone in the year 251. 
He is seventy-six years old, born on the 1st of Granite in the year 178. 
His chestnut hair is extremely long.  He is short and muscular.  His saffron eyes have thin irises.  He has very high cheekbones.  His slightly hooked narrow nose is short.  His lips are thin.  His eyes are somewhat narrow.  His ears have small lobes.  His skin is slate gray. 
He is strong, but he is susceptible to disease. 
`Mavj' Gluuruzgash likes schist, rusty iron, sapphire, crystal glass, slave goblins, bolas, beds, catapult parts and sheep for their wool.  When possible, he prefers to consume elixir of life.  He absolutely detests moon snails. 
He has a great feel for the surrounding space, a good kinesthetic sense and a way with words, but he has a meager ability with social relationships. 
He has a calm demeanor.  He occasionally overindulges.  He is often cheerful.  He dislikes intellectual discussions.  He is trusting.  He doesn't go out of his way to do more work than necessary.  He is getting used to tragedy. 

A powerful humanoid creature with violent tendencies.  Tiaga Orcs build their strongholds in the twilight lands at the margins of the world.
« Last Edit: March 14, 2013, 02:57:41 pm by smakemupagus »

McMagma

• Bay Watcher
  • McMagma, Fortress Addict.
    • View Profile

Here's an example of the former Memberships that our migrant veterans all have.  (Expensive taste in booze this guy has, too...)
#################

`Mavj' Gluuruzgash has been quite content lately.  He slept in a fantastic bedroom recently.  He made a friend recently.  He was caught in the rain recently. 
He is married to Goluurz Humorscorpion and has two children:  Srithmog Blightplayed and Duum Blightextricated. 
He is a citizen of The Sweaty Vice.  He is a member of The Lucky Numbers of Adventure.  He is a former member of The Sagging Monsters.  He is a former member of The Sin of Speechlessness.  He is an enemy of The Seals of Roping.  He is an enemy of The Conquerors of Entangling.  He arrived at Tarkuurbnarkuub Snazaga Ghoshash on the 25th of Sandstone in the year 251. 
He is seventy-six years old, born on the 1st of Granite in the year 178. 
His chestnut hair is extremely long.  He is short and muscular.  His saffron eyes have thin irises.  He has very high cheekbones.  His slightly hooked narrow nose is short.  His lips are thin.  His eyes are somewhat narrow.  His ears have small lobes.  His skin is slate gray. 
He is strong, but he is susceptible to disease. 
`Mavj' Gluuruzgash likes schist, rusty iron, sapphire, crystal glass, slave goblins, bolas, beds, catapult parts and sheep for their wool.  When possible, he prefers to consume elixir of life.  He absolutely detests moon snails. 
He has a great feel for the surrounding space, a good kinesthetic sense and a way with words, but he has a meager ability with social relationships. 
He has a calm demeanor.  He occasionally overindulges.  He is often cheerful.  He dislikes intellectual discussions.  He is trusting.  He doesn't go out of his way to do more work than necessary.  He is getting used to tragedy. 

A powerful humanoid creature with violent tendencies.  Tiaga Orcs build their strongholds in the twilight lands at the margins of the world.

Lol, Does he comes from a Royal Family? , because he has some expensive tastes. :P

mavj96

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile

Other than 'dislikes intelectual conversations' that profile is pretty spot on.

Thanks for the response :D.
« Last Edit: March 15, 2013, 12:23:10 pm by mavj96 »

Meph

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
    • worldbicyclist

You are seventy-six years old? :P

@smake: Isnt that a bit old for a fiercesome orc war-hero?
::: ☼Meph Tileset☼☼Map Tileset☼- 32x graphic sets with TWBT :::
::: ☼MASTERWORK DF☼ - A comprehensive mod pack now on Patreon - 250.000+ downloads and counting :::
::: WorldBicyclist.com - Follow my bike tours around the world - 148 countries visited :::

smakemupagus

• Bay Watcher
  • [CANOPENDOORS]
    • View Profile

orcs [MAXAGE:80:110] (i agree it could be even less), so yeah, he's getting near retirement age!
BTW that game-to-forum text copier thing you taught us about is fun :D

The only Orc lifespan I can think of is Bolg son of Azog;

Bolg dies in the Battle of Five Armies in 3A 2941
Azog dies in the Battle of Azanulbizar in ca. 3A 2799

So Bolg was still going strong at ~150 :)  Or in Peter Jackson's version, Bolg's arm, instead of his father,  gets cut off in Azanulbizar :|

edit again
Warcraft:  [MAXAGE:80:110] seems actually about perfect, survivors of the first war are alive but grizzled and ancient ~80 yrs later
D&D: half that of humans, so [MAXAGE:30:50]
TES, Warhammer, and Tolkien orcs seem to have nothing canon, but we know they are related to long lived species such as elves and fungus

What did people do before the internet?
« Last Edit: March 16, 2013, 02:49:16 pm by smakemupagus »

mavj96

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile

I was hoping the age part would go without saying.  :P

smakemupagus

• Bay Watcher
  • [CANOPENDOORS]
    • View Profile

Hi guys,
I just got a bit behind playing because I was doing some work on the mod (and playing Starcraft, and occassionally working ;) )

The only thing I really still have in mind to cover in Ghoshash Snazaga is making weapon kits at the Society Meadhall, and hopefully a dwarven invasion or two.  After that I think the tutorial is more or less complete.  Anything else that comes to mind?

ed.  Well, magma engineering with the Fluidcaster, I guess.  That could be a whole succession fort on its own though :D
« Last Edit: March 21, 2013, 03:12:10 pm by smakemupagus »

Meph

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
    • worldbicyclist

Well... once you are done with what you are going to teach, enjoy yourself, eat some candy, go to the circus... beat up clowns. You know, fun stuff. :)
::: ☼Meph Tileset☼☼Map Tileset☼- 32x graphic sets with TWBT :::
::: ☼MASTERWORK DF☼ - A comprehensive mod pack now on Patreon - 250.000+ downloads and counting :::
::: WorldBicyclist.com - Follow my bike tours around the world - 148 countries visited :::

Ruhn

• Bay Watcher
  • Adept Dwarf
    • View Profile

I wouldn't mind a whip and junk armor for Trak'ruhn if they are available and the fort continues.
This tutorial has covered quite a lot and will be a good resource for new warchiefs.
Pages: 1 ... 9 10 [11] 12 13 ... 16