Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

Poll

Should the Orcs of Ghoshash Snazaga use the looted Fluidcaster?

Engineer a new magma forge near the surface
- 5 (38.5%)
Build some obsidian traps
- 2 (15.4%)
Build lava pump weapons on a tower/walls
- 3 (23.1%)
Make some minecart weapons
- 1 (7.7%)
Bah, who needs it?  We have axes, don't we?
- 2 (15.4%)

Total Members Voted: 13

Pages: 1 ... 10 11 [12] 13 14 ... 16

Author Topic: Ghoshash Snazaga, "Cleaver of Ignorance," a ¤MDF Orc Fort¤ tutorial (Ch 22)  (Read 99693 times)

Nokao

• Bay Watcher
  • [NEED ALCOHOL TO GET THROUGH THE WORKING DAY]
    • View Profile

What did people do before the internet?

Real life :) I do miss that.

(not sure if this is the right topic for that):
Hi guys, I generated/embarked on a nice map with warriors Orc embark profile, I uploaded it here for you to see/use it.
It's done embark everywhere, on DF MW 2h, featuring a going-to-conquer Pandashi Castle, with wavy ocean and a nice circular natural pit-hole to put prisoners in.

I also have some questions:

This map is missing the river, I don't have experience with Orcs, is it secure death because they don't dig ? Or they do if they have a pick ?

Why are Pandashi not attackable in the beginning ? They result to be all (tame) except their king. Killing the king makes everyone hostile.
This never happened to me in Vanilla, even for good civilization Embark Everywhere(s). I embarked on elves before.

Also I note a little bug, in the caverns below, looking down BEFORE going down digging, I can see fishes moving a black - unknown area. At level -30.
Again, this never happened to me in Vanilla.

Update: After a huge battle with Pandashi, my warriors somehow find a digging tool, and the 4 survivors started an Orchish Fort in the second cavern undeground, only source of water of the map. Near a community of floating brains. Seems like a lot of fun.
« Last Edit: March 25, 2013, 05:28:53 pm by Nokao »

smakemupagus

• Bay Watcher
  • [CANOPENDOORS]
    • View Profile

Oh hi Nakao, Yeah for general questions lets go over to the main Orc fortress thread, I will take a shot at answering your message there.

Glad to hear you got off to a good start, and that Warband embark gave you enough weapons for the job :) 
« Last Edit: March 25, 2013, 05:31:39 pm by smakemupagus »

smakemupagus

• Bay Watcher
  • [CANOPENDOORS]
    • View Profile

###########

Journal of Thrakha'zaguul.
Chapter 14: Huscarl

With fine gold goblets and unicorn roast, Speaker Keita is able to buy all the useful goods from the home caravan, including much wood, and some iron and steel.  I wonder: what will the opulent fools of the home-clan do with these useless golden baubles?  The clan liason was not amused by my wondering.  Instead he speaks:  I am authorized to grant you the standard of a clan-holding, and I must ask whether you recommend any orcs for elevation to the rank of Thain.

I reply: I recommend Thrakha'zaguul of House Dreadbanners, White Axe of the Northern Wastes, Founder and Clan-leader of Perplexing-complexity the Cleaver of Ignorance, Destroyer of Elves and Bane of the Tiger-men.  It seemed that his pencil stopped moving part way through.  I am not sure that our clan liason is very bright.

Moonstone, 254

Our warriors have defended the clanholding with bravery and honor, and have earned a Warriors Society Meadhall.  Once we have this building they will be able to master elite weapons like the Dragon Society Wargear.  Crafted from a katana and a composite bow: this weapon combines the advantages of both and will make our bladesorcs deadly in any conditions of battle.  The meadhall also can form societies for other weapon classes such as gunners and spear-orcs.

To lay the foundation, we need iron for statues, weapon racks, and armor stands.  Because of the pitiful quantity of iron brought by the home clan we have a shortfall of iron.  I authorize the Corsairs to buy another crate of iron at the Caravanserai.  It is very expensive compared to getting the iron from ordinary trade or from raiding.  Still: we have it right away.

The clan runs short of recruits with weapon skills but: we have a half-dozen beekeepers and the like who have been playing Blood-bowl fow the past several new-moons.  They have decent skill in dodging, and dabble in melee.  I order them to a squad and to begin training for real combat, with a few Uruks drafted to fill out their ranks.  Taskmaster Trak'Ruhn volunteers to lead this new squad of recruits.  He selects a well-crafted bloodsteel pair of bladed chains as his  weapon.

Broken Mind has adopted a particularly aggressive training regimen for the orcs under her direct command. 

Spoiler: a tough instructor (click to show/hide)

Two of the bow-warband approach and speak:  Thain Thrakha, in the old country we were known as high masters of the crossbow, and would like to start our own squadron.  I reply:  Why not take a proper Orcish bow and shoot whatever Firehawk orders you to shoot?  The clanmate speaks: the Ancient Foundry can craft mechanized crossbows, with power supplied by Dwarf-style clockwork, and little glass gems to look through when aiming.  These are among the most advanced weapons known to man or orc.  Also we have enough deepbronze which is sitting and doing nothing in the stockpile.  I reply:  You are ordered immediately to begin a crossbow squadron, and speak to the craftsorcs to requisition these weapons.

Opal, 254

As Thain, I have the authority to name Dohon a Huscarl, and the Black Elders blade squadron are reformed as clanguard under his command.  Dohon's first week as Huscarl is an event.  Shaman Tomia had accused some peasant for violation of a production order.  As soon as Dohon took office, he became the Law-Enforcement, and went straight to the farmer's breakroom and punched the peasant to death in front of a two-dozen of other orcs.

Obsidian, 254

It began with war-drums from away south.  Only a small detachment of a dozen Dwarves, but they announced their arrival openly without ambush or treachery.  Dwarves! Huscarl Dohon yells from the battlement:  It is good you have finally come!  Meet us in the clearing near the back-door and we will join in glorious battle!

Will your sorcerers and cannoneers stand down from the Battlements that look over our path? replies the captain of the Dwarves:  Otherwise we will camp here for one month, or three, or nine, or until your pitiful shanty-camp crumbles to dust.  Dohon speaks:  The parley is over!  Within a moment the warband is assembled outside, with the flachette-gunners alongside in the field and the bow-orcs providing cover from the walls.

Trak'Ruhn and his agile warband of Blood-bowl veterans speed ahead to meet the enemy.  Ruhn himself races to the front and slays the Dwarven vanguard with two lashes to the throat.  However the Dwarves skill and powerful maces are far too much for our green recruits in an extended melee.  Trak'Ruhn is knocked down, battered and stunned.  The veteran light infantry engage next.  One spearorc is slain in the rush, taking a horrible whirling meteor-hammer strike that crushes both helm and skull.  But Broken Mind leaps like a mad orc into the fray and breaks the dwarven formation.  Her soldiers begin to pick off the isolated dwarves, or chase them within arrow-shot of our towers.

Finally the clanguard Black Elders arrive.  Huscarl Dohon, wielding a powerful orichalcum longsword, cuts through the dwarven formation and strikes down a dwarf with every three blows.  Lady Krat, the Huscarl-consort, meets the Dwarf-captain, but is grappled and thrown to the ground by his great Cave Beetle mount, and is slashed with an axe.  Mavj is by her side in a moment: killing the Beetle and disarming the Dwarf-captain.  Then, just as suddenly as it began: the end.  No dwarves escape the field. 

Shaman Tomia commands: Soldiers! Bring those wounded to the infirmary immediately.  It is good that they obeyed.  Just at the moment that many of our warriors were safely inside, a Were-scorpion appears among the battlefield wastes.  In one stroke it snips in half a peasant hauler, and then a sabrecat.  A brave and skilled ranger-orc: Ashduuk,  attempts to engage, but the monster's shell is proof against arrow shot.  He dodges terrible blows not once, or twice, but two-dozen times: buying time for his clansmates to close the gates and for ranged squads to come into position.  The Were-scorpion bats Firehawk's arrows from midair and shrugs off a barrage of iron flachettes, until, Ashduuk is captured and not slain but turned!  The situation looks dire until Gamerlord arrives with the heavy guns.

Spoiler: big guns (click to show/hide)

The monster's carapace was not proof against a brass round-shot to the skull. 

With this battle, Year 254 comes to a close. 
« Last Edit: April 10, 2013, 07:07:25 pm by smakemupagus »

Gamerlord

• Bay Watcher
  • Novice GM
    • View Profile

Aw-HELL YEAH!

Mystic

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile

I am now petrified of werescorpions...
Is it possible that I could be orc'd as the druid? If not, anyone else will do.

smakemupagus

• Bay Watcher
  • [CANOPENDOORS]
    • View Profile

I am now petrified of werescorpions...
Is it possible that I could be orc'd as the druid? If not, anyone else will do.

Sure.  You're also the clan's best armorsmith ("great," rank 11).

Spoiler (click to show/hide)

While I'm looking at craft skills:  Demonbutter, our original craftsorc, is a Master Furnace operator and Legendary+4 Bone carver; although our immigrant artisans have surpassed her in weaponsmithing.
« Last Edit: March 29, 2013, 02:58:25 pm by smakemupagus »

Mystic

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile

Awesome, now to show the elves what real flower-power can do
*evil laugh*

tomio175

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile

Seriously, fuck that peasant.
...You're arguing with the GM? Why don't you argue with Jesus about how much Peter liked clams?
Because each player's delicious tears are fuel for the continued torture that is the Warrens of Oric the Awesome.

Gamerlord

• Bay Watcher
  • Novice GM
    • View Profile

Hey Smake, I was thinking about the meadhall and came up with a little idea for a new codex. Combine a cannon and a whip with a goblin migrant for a cannoneer arms. Just an idea. Might give another use for goblin and kobold migrants if you put them into society weapons.

leafar

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile

Hey Smake, I was thinking about the meadhall and came up with a little idea for a new codex. Combine a cannon and a whip with a goblin migrant for a cannoneer arms. Just an idea. Might give another use for goblin and kobold migrants if you put them into society weapons.

so the soldier is more of a slave driver, whipping the goblin that actually handles the cannon?
:D
Quote from: LookingForGroup
I bet you would've laughed more if you were on fire.

Gamerlord

• Bay Watcher
  • Novice GM
    • View Profile

so the soldier is more of a slave driver, whipping the goblin that actually handles the cannon?
:D
Yeah. Just because i'm starting to get too many tin goblin migrants. There are only so many Tinkerers you can build.

smakemupagus

• Bay Watcher
  • [CANOPENDOORS]
    • View Profile

Yeah, I definitely like the idea of having uses for extra goblin/kobold migrants, not to mention cannons.  Tie up loose ends in industry chains as much as possible.

New Beta version has some new uses for kobold migrants (better loot thief missions from tracker's hut) and cannons (flamethrower, "brig" pattern raid ship), but not yet goblins.

leafar

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile

you could also use goblin+cannon to spawn creatures similar to MW-turrets
something like 'goblin cannon post'?
Quote from: LookingForGroup
I bet you would've laughed more if you were on fire.

Ruhn

• Bay Watcher
  • Adept Dwarf
    • View Profile

Right on, exciting to see Trak'Ruhn get some action.  Sounds like he survived without critical injury?

Meph

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
    • worldbicyclist

I would wait with spwaning of creatures till rumsuhers script works without crashing everything ^^ My old method is definetly not recommended. Not even by me. ;)

But it would be nice to sell all kinds of slaves at the shadow market. It makes sense too.
::: ☼Meph Tileset☼☼Map Tileset☼- 32x graphic sets with TWBT :::
::: ☼MASTERWORK DF☼ - A comprehensive mod pack now on Patreon - 250.000+ downloads and counting :::
::: WorldBicyclist.com - Follow my bike tours around the world - 148 countries visited :::
Pages: 1 ... 10 11 [12] 13 14 ... 16