Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 7 8 [9] 10 11

Author Topic: Roll to D-Day: Turn 2 up.  (Read 10567 times)

werty892

• Bay Watcher
  • Neat.
    • View Profile
Re: Roll to D-Day: Turn 1 done.
« Reply #120 on: February 15, 2013, 08:31:06 pm »

Name: Private Ryan Hemsworth
Division: 1st Division
Gear: Standard M-1943 uniform, M1 Carbine with an average amount of clips, M1911 Colt pistol with 5 clips, 3x Mk 2 grenades, Ka-Bar knife, and a first aid kit.
Short Bio: Ryan didn't really like his childhood. His parents forced him into the medical business, both being doctors themselves. AFter some time, Ryan had decide he had had enough, and had ran away to join the army. When he had arrived though, he noticed that they were in need of more medics. So, he decided to sign up as a medic instead of a simple solider.
((Did someone order a doctor?))

I ordered a pizza, what is this?

penguinofhonor

• Bay Watcher
  • Minister of Love
    • View Profile
« Reply #121 on: February 15, 2013, 08:33:37 pm »

Could you make the distinction between the players and stump posts on the map more clear? They are practically indistinguishable for me.

Oh colorblindness. A minute of research suggests making the symbols different would be a better solution here than finding different colors.

TCM

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #122 on: February 15, 2013, 08:43:51 pm »

For things that are easily blown up, do you have to use an explosive to make them blow up or will shooting them enough times work?
Because trying to stuff Fate/Whatever's engrish and the title of a 17th century book on statecraft into Pokemon syntax tends to make the content incomprehensible.

Remuthra

• Bay Watcher
  • I live once more...
    • View Profile
« Reply #123 on: February 15, 2013, 08:48:06 pm »

Just throwing in a spare character sheet for me to pull up when I off it.

Spoiler (click to show/hide)

Persus13

• Bay Watcher
  • 6th King of the Mafia
    • View Profile
« Reply #124 on: February 15, 2013, 08:58:40 pm »

Sergeant Stevens took stock of the situation. "Well my gun is useless until I get in close, and my bangalore torpedos are useless till I get to the shingle line. I better keeping moving forward under the smoke cover until I get to that shingle line."

Charge to the Belgian gate on K12 and take cover behind it
Congratulations Persus, now you are forced to have the same personal text for an entire year!
Longbowmen horsearcher doomstacks that suffer no attrition and can navigate all major rivers without ships.
Sigtext

Burnt Pies

• Bay Watcher
  • Captain Brunch!
    • View Profile
« Reply #125 on: February 15, 2013, 09:18:44 pm »

If I can stay in cover while returning fire, I'll shoot off 3 bursts at the riflemen who shot at me. Otherwise, I'll just stay where I am.
I can read box now
Also, I am a bit drunk
Refrigerator

GreatWyrmGold

• Bay Watcher
  • Sane, by the local standards.
    • View Profile
« Reply #126 on: February 15, 2013, 09:50:45 pm »

Could you make the distinction between the players and stump posts on the map more clear? They are practically indistinguishable for me.
My Sherlock Holmes powers tell me you are R-G colorblind.
Sig
Are you a GM with players who haven't posted? TheDelinquent Players Help will have Bay12 give you an action!
[GreatWyrmGold] gets a little crown. May it forever be his mark of Cain; let no one argue pointless subjects with him lest they receive the same.

JacenHanLovesLegos

• Bay Watcher
  • A medium-sized creature prone to great ambition.
    • View Profile
« Reply #127 on: February 15, 2013, 11:24:32 pm »

My Sherlock Holmes powers tell me you are R-G colorblind.
I figured that had something to do with it.
As it turns out, the pen was in fact a poor choice for melee combat in comparison to the sword.
So I just started playing this game and I accidentally nuked the moon.

miauw62

• Bay Watcher
  • Every time you get ahead / it's just another hit
    • View Profile
« Reply #128 on: February 16, 2013, 05:58:42 am »

Spoiler: Character sheet (click to show/hide)

I ran an airborne RTD like this once, unfortunately, I'm better at playing RTD's than running them.
* Miauw Airborne/Vanguard-fives Jacen.

E: It would actually be really nice if I were killed. I have a great (but by no means original) idea that would very much fit the second wave. But I guess my character would enjoy being in a tank too.
« Last Edit: February 16, 2013, 06:08:25 am by miauw62 »

Quote from: NW_Kohaku
they wouldn't be able to tell the difference between the raving confessions of a mass murdering cannibal from a recipe to bake a pie.
Knowing Belgium, everyone will vote for themselves out of mistrust for anyone else, and some kind of weird direct democracy coalition will need to be formed from 11 million or so individuals.

MonkeyHead

• Bay Watcher
  • Yma o hyd...
    • View Profile
« Reply #129 on: February 16, 2013, 05:59:34 am »

Next map I shall experiment with a different symbol for soldiers. Sorry!

Updating move list.

Will add the 2 extra characters to the wave 2 waitlist in the next update.

Hopefully I can run turn two this evening. Only waiting on Freshman...

For things that are easily blown up, do you have to use an explosive to make them blow up or will shooting them enough times work?

Most small arms fire will not damage most things. Explosions will destroy most objects and cover, as will the 88mm flak and other heavier weapons, dependant on rolls of course.
« Last Edit: February 16, 2013, 06:05:54 am by MonkeyHead »
This is a blank sig.

MonkeyHead

• Bay Watcher
  • Yma o hyd...
    • View Profile
« Reply #130 on: February 16, 2013, 04:39:16 pm »

Spoiler: Character sheet (click to show/hide)

I ran an airborne RTD like this once, unfortunately, I'm better at playing RTD's than running them.
* Miauw Airborne/Vanguard-fives Jacen.

E: It would actually be really nice if I were killed. I have a great (but by no means original) idea that would very much fit the second wave. But I guess my character would enjoy being in a tank too.

You may very well get your wish.

I will give Freshman until tomorrow morning to post thier move, then run the turn with our without them.
This is a blank sig.

mesor

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #131 on: February 16, 2013, 04:43:46 pm »

Damn thats actually sounding quite good, though paratroopers were not used on the beaches they deployed much further in land to cut supply lines and ambush or slow down reinforcements long enough to let the landing troops secure a beachead so airborne is not a great fit on this.

But maybe you could use that and if they fail then the defenders on the beach are reinforced or something similar.
Although that doesn't speak very well for my chances of survival.

As for tanks, thats going to be very interesting if he rolls a 1.... though not in a good way.
« Last Edit: February 16, 2013, 04:50:25 pm by mesor »

Persus13

• Bay Watcher
  • 6th King of the Mafia
    • View Profile
« Reply #132 on: February 16, 2013, 06:34:05 pm »

An airborne RTD would be pretty cool. It would be interesting because everyone would be split up and would need to regroup.
Congratulations Persus, now you are forced to have the same personal text for an entire year!
Longbowmen horsearcher doomstacks that suffer no attrition and can navigate all major rivers without ships.
Sigtext

miauw62

• Bay Watcher
  • Every time you get ahead / it's just another hit
    • View Profile
« Reply #133 on: February 17, 2013, 04:59:46 am »

And rolls to determine wether the plane crashes or not, and then survival rolls. Stuck in enemy territory, anyone?

Quote from: NW_Kohaku
they wouldn't be able to tell the difference between the raving confessions of a mass murdering cannibal from a recipe to bake a pie.
Knowing Belgium, everyone will vote for themselves out of mistrust for anyone else, and some kind of weird direct democracy coalition will need to be formed from 11 million or so individuals.

MonkeyHead

• Bay Watcher
  • Yma o hyd...
    • View Profile
Re: Roll to D-Day: Turn 2.
« Reply #134 on: February 17, 2013, 09:33:44 am »

Turn 2: 6.32 AM

Miauw: Get out of the water, Run forward to the tank traps and take cover!
(movement roll:5) After flailing his arms and legs wildly in the surf, Antoine finally was able to first get to his knees, retched loudly and then onto his feet. From there he ran towards the tank traps 20 m or so ahead of him, where many of his squadmates had already found cover (cover roll: 2+2+1).

Remuthra: Move forward 3 squares, take cover, scout 66R (take out flak operator?), and fortify my position.

(movement roll: 4) Crawling on his belly, Pvt Stevens made good progress up the beach from behind his posts to the next sensible cover - a cluster of steel tank traps (cover roll: 5+2). Staying prone beneath these gave him some relative saftey to observe the furthest enemy position in some saftey (action roll:6). He could clerly make out the gun crew in his scope, frantically moving the flak cannon into firing position, and the gun operator was alrwady seated and exposed, so Pvt Stevens wasted no time in trying a shot (Attack:2+1+1). WHilst the shot was accurate and true, one of the support crew from the gun stepped infront of the gunner at the last moment, taking the round in the neck, dying instantly. This alerted the rest of the crew, who clearly started to keep thier heads down while continuing to move the gun. This done, Stevens then looked to use his hands to form a small sandbank to hide behind (Action: 3), though this gave little in the way of real protection compared to the steel structure he was under.

GWG: Try to locate an easy target to shoot--maybe one of the machine gunners?--then take careful aim and fire. Wait for the others to catch up.
Already ahead of his men, Capt Cooper decided it was time to return fire (new cover score = 3). Looking further up the beach he could see that from this range he was most likely to be able to worry the machine gun nests up on the cliff (AA4), even if the carbine he carried wasnt the best wepon for hitting from a range of over 100m. In a series of 5 short bursts he spent a whole clip at his target before swapping the empty one for a full one (attack: 1-2+2), but the semi automaitc fire did not register a single hit on the nests. Still, the sight of thier captain unleashing fury would no doubt do his men some good.

Mesor: Get into better cover, start firing with my sniper rifle targetting the crew of the flak gun. Look for any stashes of ammo or explosives near the bunkers.
Pvt Merkhander slowly edged forward (move roll: 4) from his sand hole to the base of a stump post (cover roll: 4+1+1) where his suit allwed him to belnd in very well with a knot of seaweed and driftwood. From here he took aim at the crew of the flak gun, seeing one of thier number drop in a spray of blood. (Attack roll: 4+1) Squeezing off 3 rounds in succession Kalam was able to take down the soldier who appeared to be the loader and one assistant operator busy rotating the cannon. 3 of the 7 man crew were now out of action, and nearby riflemen rushed to take up the spaces left by thier dead comrades. Pleased by his contribution, Kalam looked to see if any explosive material was near the rear bunker (action: 3), but all he could make out before the sand sprayed up by incoming fire was multiple crates of 88mm ammo stacked along one edge of the concrete bunker.

Werty: Grab Mortar, move to tank trap, and take cover. If possible, deploy it.

Feeling pleased at the results of the smoke round, Pvt White heaved the mortar back onto his shoulders (back to 4 moves...) before getting his ass into cover under tank traps further up the beach (move roll:4). Breathing heavily thanks to all his heavy gear he fell into the sand next to his Captain, who was busy reloading his carbine (cover roll: 3). It was tricky for the big guy loaded up with gear to keep himself behind the tank traps...

Spoiler: Pvt. Tim White (werty) (click to show/hide)

PoH: Attempt to advance to the stump post in F5 and take cover behind it, then call for medics in my squad.

With blood slowly oozing from his leg wound, Jackson gritted his teeth and crawled along the sand to a nearby post (move roll: 2). He did not get very far however before needing to stop due to the pain, and lay onto his back, calling "MEDIC!!" (action roll: 6). Almost before he had finished yelling, one was upon him, examining his leg. "Messy flesh wound Sir! Looks and feels worse than it is. I have bound it to stop the bleeding, and give you a small shot of morphine to dull the pain. Better get up the beach though sir!"

ggamer: Move to the tank traps once the hail of bullets dies down and take cover
During a lull while the riflemen in the bunker reloaded, Pvt Willard (move roll:5) squirmed forwards beneath the tank traps a few metres ahead of him and hunkered down (4+1), waiting for the firing to resume, dreading what would happen next if someone didnt start getting the enemies heads down.

Scapheap: Move up to the tank traps(I5) and fire a shot at 66F's riflemen.
Capt Blues (move roll: 4) cautiously crawled over the open sand, rifle rounds whistling above his head. "Ill make you bastards pay..." he whispered to himself, hunkering down under a tank trap (cover: 1+2+1), taking aim at the riflemen firing from 66F (attack roll: 3+1). His shot smashed the wrist of one of the riflemen apart, who sunk out of view in agony, but his squadmates barely noticed and kept up thier firing. (Cover score: 4-2)...

Incoming fire from up on the cliff thunks into the sand all around him, and Capt blues begins to feel very trapped.

TCM: Sprint to Belgian Wall closest to G7 and take cover behind it. Use any remaining movement points to see if there any spare German infantry besides those in the machine gun nests coming our way.

(move roll: 2) Rushing to his feet, Hirisho started to sprint to the large belgian gate 15 or so metres away. Unfortunatley for him the loose sand beneath his feet was far from an ideal running surface, and he fell into the sand halfway between his starting point and his desired destination, (cover roll: 2-1+1) lacking anything in the way of meaningful cover. (action: 4) From there though he had a clear veiw of at least one squadron of riflemen rushing from the village to take up position in the trench covering the exit from the beach - they did look as if someone had rushed them from thier beds though. Further observation was made impossible as a burst of machineun fire thunked into the sand in front of him, scattering sand and making Pvt Tsutome bury his head into the ground.

Persus: Charge to the Belgian gate on K12 and take cover behind it
(Move roll: 4) Seeing men all over the beach advance, Sgt Stevens was not about to let them get all the glory. Recklessly charging ahead he made good time to a belgian gate half way up the beach, still protected by the thick smoke. (cover roll: 4+2) The sturdy structure of the gate provided ample cover against incoming rounds.

Pies: If I can stay in cover while returning fire, I'll shoot off 3 bursts at the riflemen who shot at me. Otherwise, I'll just stay where I am.
(Cover score retained: 7) Keeping safley pressed against the post, Pvt Cooper returned fire at the riflemen in 66F. He squeezed off 3 bursts in rapid succession (Attack rolls: 4-2, 1-2, 3-2), but at this range the BAR didnt have the accuracy to do much more than slam rounds into the concrete houing. A lull in the firing while the enemy reloaded meant that Pvt Cooper was no longer pinned down...

Fresh: No move
As the chaos unfolded on the beach around him, Sgt Ryan remained forzen to the spot in fear - what the hell was he doing here? (cover roll of 7 retained)

German Moves

Bunker 66F (Well scouted)
At least one squad of riflemen (Karabiner 98k, abundant ammo, +1 to 8 tile or more targets, not great RoF): Reloading, minor casualties.
1 MG nest, dead gunner (MG42, abundant ammo, +5 on targets 6 tiles or less, -3 on targets 10 tiles or more - deadly MG (-2 to all rolls due to dead gunner), supressed)

The riflemen in 66F spend this turn reloading the stripper clips on thier 98K rifles.

The soldiers in the MG bunker spot the isolated and exposed soldier in J7, and rattle off a burst of fire at him (Attack roll: 2-2-2), but the replacement gunner shows his lack of time behind the trigger, and the speculative fire falls way short of its target, kicking up bursts of sand.

Bunker 66R (Well scouted)
x1 88mm flak + crew (abundant ammo stacked alongside bunker, +6 attack up to 8 tiles, +4 attack up to 12 tiles: good RoF, innacurate but lethal): light losses, replaced by riflemen.
At least 1 squad of riflemen (Karabiner 98k, abundant ammo, +1 to 8 tile or more targets, not great RoF)
x2 MG nest (MG42, abundant ammo, +5 on targets 6 tiles or less, -3 on target 10 tiles or more - deadly MG)

The flak gun is being re-aimed down towards the beach despite losses, and will be ready for use by turn 3. It will have a minor penalty to RoF due to a dead loader.

The riflemen target the forward infantry in I5. Capt Blues has exposed himself in order to take shots of his own. However, the long rage fire (roll: 1+1-1) is innacurate and only succeeds in pinning Capt Blues from moving next turn.

The MG nests have lost patience with waiting for troops to come into range, and both take long range potshots at E7/F7. (attack rolls: (1-3, 2-3). Both gunners overestimate the range and do not allow for thier elevation, and all thier fire splashes into the sea behind the assaulting troops.

Bunker 68F (unscouted)

? ? ?
? ? ?
? ? ?
? ? ?

The thick smoke prevents any attacks from 68F, and will do so for 2 more turns.

Bunker 68R (unscouted)

? ? ?
? ? ?
? ? ?

The thick smoke prevents any attacks from 68R, and will do so for 2 more turns.

The approx 1 rifle squad en route from the village will reach the trench and join combat next turn.

Map:

((Damn RNG giving me dissapointing rolls for my beach defenders... and that god damn smoke putting half my units out of action. CURSE YOU!))

Spoiler: Lest We Forget... (click to show/hide)

Wave 2 waitlist: hitting the beach on turn 4 are:

Your move.
This is a blank sig.
Pages: 1 ... 7 8 [9] 10 11