Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 [2]

Author Topic: Skymachines - Scientific Succession Fort (Needs Players!)  (Read 2686 times)

joeclark77

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile

In terms of scientific grant funding, the head of a project responsible for the funds is called the "PI" or principal investigator.  That could be one of the titles (perhaps for the mayor?).  You could use academic titles like Professor > Dean > Provost > President instead of Baron, Count, Duke, King.  Just some ideas.

Zanzetkuken The Great

• Bay Watcher
  • The Wizard Dragon
    • View Profile

In terms of scientific grant funding, the head of a project responsible for the funds is called the "PI" or principal investigator.  That could be one of the titles (perhaps for the mayor?).  You could use academic titles like Professor > Dean > Provost > President instead of Baron, Count, Duke, King.  Just some ideas.

The King is going to remain in the game, modded into president when he comes to kill the heretics with his 'army'.  We are probably going to be needing a good roleplayer for that part.
Quote from: Eric Blank
It's Zanzetkuken The Great. He's a goddamn wizard-dragon. He will make it so, and it will forever be.
Quote from: 2016 Election IRC
<DozebomLolumzalis> you filthy god-damn ninja wizard dragon

Timeless Bob

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile

The lower classes could be renamed to "experiment #xxx-xxx" and be made to navigate a twisty, maze-like fortress rigged with all sorts of citizen operated pressure-plates.  (Reminds me a little of the old-school RPG Paranoia.  That game's very dwarfy too, now that I think of it...
L33tsp34k does to English what Picasso did to faces.

Dwarfopoly
The Luckiest Tourist EVER
Bloodlines of the Forii

joeclark77

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile

In academia, PhD students are used as virtual slaves, so you could simply call the lower class "grad student".  Maybe the military class could be the "postdoc" class.

Zanzetkuken The Great

• Bay Watcher
  • The Wizard Dragon
    • View Profile

The lower classes could be renamed to "experiment #xxx-xxx" and be made to navigate a twisty, maze-like fortress rigged with all sorts of citizen operated pressure-plates.  (Reminds me a little of the old-school RPG Paranoia.  That game's very dwarfy too, now that I think of it...

There is a challenge for that on the DF wiki.

Spoiler: The Challange (click to show/hide)

It's not going to be that severe, but things will still prove interesting.
It's Zanzetkuken The Great. He's a goddamn wizard-dragon. He will make it so, and it will forever be.

Zanzetkuken The Great

• Bay Watcher
  • The Wizard Dragon
    • View Profile

Well, I have finished up the nobles.  I removed the mayor, and replaced the position with 'Head Scientist,' (only 1) who is above rank of the 'Cheif [Insert_Scientist_Type],' (only 1 of each of the eleven or twelve types) which is above the rank of '[Insert_Same_Scientist_Type].' (has AS_NEEDED, so there is as many as possible).

I also have an 'evolving' militia that starts out with 'militia commander,' 'militia captain,' and 'militiadwarf,' then goes to 'guard commander,' 'guard captain,' and 'settlement guard' at 60 population, then finally goes to 'guard commander,' 'guard captain,' and 'city guard' at 140 population.  These have all been merged with the sheriff nobility position.

Time to see if this works.
Pages: 1 [2]