4x4 Standard
- 1 (16.7%)
Long and skinny, cut in half by river
- 2 (33.3%)
Long and skinny, following river.
- 3 (50%)

Total Members Voted: 6

Pages: 1 2 [3] 4 5 ... 7

Author Topic: Farmpracticed, A Farming Village Succession Fort (Murderfarmed III)  (Read 10094 times)

Broseph Stalin

• Bay Watcher
  • Dabbling Surgeon, Proficient Butcher.
    • View Profile
Re: Farmpracticed, A Farming Village Succession Fort (Murderfarmed III)
« Reply #30 on: March 04, 2013, 04:59:40 pm »

Hematite 1
The first crop is in the ground and there's enough beds for everyone. Fishybang needs to get to processing those turtles, there are hungry bellies to be filled. I'm plotting out the growth of the settlement, we should be able to house everyone soon enough.

Fishybang

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #31 on: March 04, 2013, 06:25:33 pm »

IT would be so awesome if you could make helmets out of turtle shells.
Quote from: AustralianWinter
Rakust finished her design - a skirt called "Clambreaks". I am not touching the woman, ever. And I'm not talking to her either.

Broseph Stalin

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #32 on: March 05, 2013, 08:05:49 pm »

Hematite 15
The ravens persist. Their murder is never far from the slowly growing settlement. I insist whenever the occasion presents itself that the ravens are a good omen but part of me is always aware they are patiently waiting to eat of our corpses.

GatorFace

• Bay Watcher
  • A face fit for a reptile.
    • View Profile
« Reply #33 on: March 05, 2013, 09:01:40 pm »

I would like to be dwarfed into this, perhaps as a craftsdwarf. Then Fishybang might could get his shell helmet  :)

Broseph Stalin

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #34 on: March 07, 2013, 06:34:31 pm »

Malachite 9

Gods be praised... Migrants. I expected that the vicious note I left would attract attention but this... this is unexpected. Zefon GrizzelySyrups and Mestthos MostTomb her husband and their three children. Two others come bearing a fat lamb and a gosling but they're not what I'm interested in. These two, they're... They're from Murderfarmed. The second one. There are no records of what actually happened to Murderfarmed but whatever it was left survivors. Mestthos showed me scars he picked up fighting for the Helmetine Inquisition. Helmet didn't take censuses but I found a list of potential vampires. Zefon is listed as having unattractive nose hair and Mestthos is listed as not drinking enough delicious prickleberry wine. They say they left before the settlement collapsed but if they found out about Farmpracticed maybe the others will too. Maybe Murderfarmed can rise from the ashes.

Broseph Stalin

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #35 on: March 07, 2013, 07:10:52 pm »

Malachite 26

Zefon can cut a tree down in the blink of an eye. She's quadrupled the logging effort and construction is nearly complete on the second manor. I've been thinking. Nobody came to Murderfarmed because they were rich or because they were well liked. They were the ones who were hated, looked down on, forgotten. Murderfarmed is the palace of the damned. We're the nobles now. These others? They're the dregs. We seven and those from the original settlements are nobility, the others are trash. These two outsiders who come are nothing to me, they are not my people. They can work this land but they are not citizens of Farmpracticed.

Graknorke

• Bay Watcher
  • A bomb's a bad choice for close-range combat.
    • View Profile
« Reply #36 on: March 07, 2013, 08:14:27 pm »

Thanks for directing me to this thread.
Cultural status:
Depleted          ☐
Enriched          ☑

Lightningfalcon

• Bay Watcher
  • Target locked. Firing main cannon.
    • View Profile
« Reply #37 on: March 07, 2013, 08:53:12 pm »

I would like a turn and a dorf.  Name of Lightningfalcon, and position as either the captain of the guard (If avaliable), a militia dwarf, or a mason.  Doesn't really matter which.
I also promise not miss my turn next time.
Interdum feror cupidine partium magnarum circo vincendarum
W-we just... wanted our...
Actually most of the people here explicitly wanted chaos and tragedy. So. Uh.

Aseaheru

• Bay Watcher
  • Cursed by the Elves with a title.
    • View Profile
« Reply #38 on: March 07, 2013, 09:04:42 pm »

PTW
Highly Opinionated Fool
Warning, nearly incapable of expressing tone in text

Broseph Stalin

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #39 on: March 09, 2013, 09:40:53 am »

I would like to be dwarfed into this, perhaps as a craftsdwarf. Then Fishybang might could get his shell helmet  :)
A Great Stonecrafter is available, will that work?

Broseph Stalin

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #40 on: March 09, 2013, 10:19:26 am »

Galena 2

Zefon is a hell of a woman. She's apparently one of the finest bowyers on the continent and a master carpenter in addition to being an expert at logging. I've made Hostergaard manager of this outfit, he's to clear up any semantic ambiguities in “carpentry.” The “carpenters” who are stacking logs into passable walls are not to go anywhere near the delicate carpentry that's creating all our furniture.

Galena 15

Saw a happy little family of racoons today. I've been in a sour mood lately but there's a certain alien beauty to the surface world. I feel reinvigorated. I wonder what Helmet had to say about Raccoons?

Armok the bastard really was crazy. Raccoons are murder-thieves? I suppose they might eat some unattended food but we have dwarves working in or near the stockpile at all hours, there's no way they could do any real harm. I gave one a bit of turtle meat, and watched it munch it with it's cute little teeth gnashing and cute little whiskers all quivering.

Galena 16

THE RACOON HAS A BATTLE AXE I DON'T KNOW HOW BUT A RACOON HAS A BATTLE AXE!

YOU EVIL LITTLE BASTARDS, WHY WOULD YOU WANT THAT AND HOW COULD YOU POSSIBLY TAKE IT! The thought infuriates me, copper's become scarce and that axe could be the difference between life and death out here. I sent fishybang out to kill every last racoon in the surrounding area but the damage is done. I should have never questioned the book, Helmet survived somehow in these wilds and I can't keep second guessing him.

Galena 28

The Ravens are gone, I expect they'll be back. I think I'll have zefon create a few crossbows and one of the craftsmen make a few bolts. We don't need the specter of death hanging about. I've finalized the layout of the town. On the rivers west bank there will be manors for the nobility, we who were once spit on, and on the east the hovels of those who subjugated us. Farmpracticed will not forgive.

OREOSOME

• Bay Watcher
  • Novice GM.
    • View Profile
« Reply #41 on: March 09, 2013, 10:53:43 am »

PTW, And could I be dwarfed as Nerev the soldier. Swords and Crossbow preferred.
Ow! How the fuck do eldritch abominations bitchslap people?
With our pimp tentacles, obviously.

Sheb

• Bay Watcher
  • You Are An Avatar
    • View Profile
« Reply #42 on: March 09, 2013, 11:08:00 am »

PTW.

Quote from: Paul-Henry Spaak
Europe consists only of small countries, some of which know it and some of which don’t yet.

GatorFace

• Bay Watcher
  • A face fit for a reptile.
    • View Profile
« Reply #43 on: March 09, 2013, 04:02:40 pm »

A Great Stonecrafter is available, will that work?
Why yes, that would be lovely, thank you.

hermes

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #44 on: March 09, 2013, 07:19:25 pm »

This looks great, I've always wanted to try a real farming fortress.  Please sign me up, dwarf name Ash, any profession.
We can only guess at the longing of the creator. Someone who would need to create one such as you. - A Computer
I've been working on this type of thing...
Pages: 1 2 [3] 4 5 ... 7