4x4 Standard
- 1 (16.7%)
Long and skinny, cut in half by river
- 2 (33.3%)
Long and skinny, following river.
- 3 (50%)

Total Members Voted: 6

Pages: 1 2 3 [4] 5 6 7

Author Topic: Farmpracticed, A Farming Village Succession Fort (Murderfarmed III)  (Read 10085 times)

mavj96

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
Re: Farmpracticed, A Farming Village Succession Fort (Murderfarmed III)
« Reply #45 on: March 10, 2013, 02:15:20 pm »

No more signups my friend, I'd like to be military dorf'd my self, if it isn't possible that's fine.

I'll be watching this.

Broseph Stalin

• Bay Watcher
  • Dabbling Surgeon, Proficient Butcher.
    • View Profile
« Reply #46 on: March 11, 2013, 10:49:58 am »

Limestone 4

Butchered the pack animals today, I estimate we have around eighty rations of meat from it. I was holding off of it, kept the hope that maybe if things didn't go well I could always move on. It's better this way though. I plan to die here, an old man warm in his bed or a desiccated half corpse frozen stiff in the snow. There's no turning back now. We've begun construction on manors 4 and 5 and soon six and seven will be ready as well. I drew up some blueprints.
Spoiler (click to show/hide)

We'll be safe inside the walls. If trouble comes we'll hurry everyone (at least everyone important) inside where we'll be able to outlast a siege as well as any mountain stronghold. I've been slacking in my work to spend more time drawing, I'm planning to build good houses on our side of the river and dirt hovels on the otherside. Those bastards from the mountainhalls come running to us begging for shelter, they can suffer for all I care.  The survivors of Murderfarmed and we founders will live off the fat of the land while they break their backs to earn their keep.

Broseph Stalin

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #47 on: March 11, 2013, 11:13:54 am »

Limestone 20

Death stalks these woods. A brief visit from the ravens heralded the arrival of a bear. A hulking thing lean with hunger. A healthier beast may be greater a threat but it would not be so bold. It stood outside the door of the tavern, preparing to eat of our stores no doubt, when Ash the fish cleaner  stumbled upon it. Had the beast been aware of his approach he would have been struck dead immediately but he spooked it enough to send it bounding back into the woods. It's still out there. I've given Ash an axe and told he and Fishybang to stay near the tavern. If the bear finds food here it will come again with more of it's ilk until we are under constant assault. I don't know if the pair will be sufficient to kill the beast but if it comes again there will be nothing else to do. If it approaches again it has to die.

Broseph Stalin

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #48 on: March 11, 2013, 11:43:41 am »

Limestone 22

Blood has spilled. The bear returned as expected. A dog valiantly attacked it, leg and paw ripped open for it's trouble. But the beast snapped it's jaws tight around the bears head and shook, tearing it's flesh and forcing it to retreat. That was when I made the decision to dispatch Fishybang and Ash. Ash lost his axe somehow but he refused to let that impede him. Quite the opposite, he ran ahead and struck the first blow. A hard kick to the beast's head sent a razor sharp canine flying from it's mouth. Fishybang took the opportunity to lash out at the surprised bear, his axe fell burying itself into the beasts side tearing at it's vital organs. Fishybang now earned the beaste ire and as he expertly parried and dodged it's blow Ash brutally kicked and punched the beast with all his might. The pair worked in tandem alternating between holding and viciously striking at it from behind. The beast now wracked with bloody wounds saw their plan and focused on Ash. Pinning him to the ground the best ensnared his arm with it's great leg and pressed down shattering his shoulder. Ash screamed in agony but continued striking until he lost consciousness, the bear now focused on Ash couldn't defend itself from Fishy bang and quickly bled to death from his assault. Ash staggered to his feet but collapsed soon after. It fell on Fishybang to carry him back to the tavern. I'll see to it randy treats him to the best of it's ability. We'll eat bear this night.

Broseph Stalin

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #49 on: March 11, 2013, 11:50:00 am »

No more signups my friend, I'd like to be military dorf'd my self, if it isn't possible that's fine.

I'll be watching this.
You can still sign up for a turn.

CognitiveDissonance

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #50 on: March 11, 2013, 12:28:57 pm »

Could I have a dwarf? I would like an architect, and I would like to manage the city hall business. I will organize the offices for others, and produce future blueprints for horrible murder machines shoddy mud huts great constructs worthy of a New Dwarven Order!
Come and be amazed by this wonderful menagerie! Draw your own! Bring your favorite! The [Forgotten Beast Art Contest] is open for business!
Now also available - [The Legendary Artifact Art Contest]! It menaces! It has rings! It has craftsdwarfship!
I have a [YouTube] channel! It has Let's Plays and other stuff.

Fishybang

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #51 on: March 11, 2013, 12:52:22 pm »

Grizzly bear biscuits for everyone!
Quote from: AustralianWinter
Rakust finished her design - a skirt called "Clambreaks". I am not touching the woman, ever. And I'm not talking to her either.

mavj96

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #52 on: March 11, 2013, 01:11:43 pm »

I'll be watching this.
You can still sign up for a turn.

My apologies I was thinking was a bloodline. Following a few forts hehe.

Sheb

• Bay Watcher
  • You Are An Avatar
    • View Profile
« Reply #53 on: March 11, 2013, 03:24:39 pm »

Can you dorfs me? I'd love to be in law enforcement, keepin the peons in check.

Quote from: Paul-Henry Spaak
Europe consists only of small countries, some of which know it and some of which don’t yet.

Broseph Stalin

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #54 on: March 11, 2013, 03:33:53 pm »

Limestone 26
14 Migrants, six of them children. Each one a former citizen of Murderfarmed. They're quick to get to work helping with construction. I've been asking around about Helmet, nobody speaks to have personally known of him or what's happened to him since my meeting with him to the far north. That may be for the best. His experience would be indispensable but he's not exactly a popular person. The former residents all remember Helmet forcing them into the military with no training whatsoever, sending pregnant women to kill boars with their bare hands, his seemingly arbitrary punishments, and the unnecessary deaths of the Helmetine Inquisition. Several of them have showed me scars courtesy of poor tactical decisions.

Sandstone 6

Randy still hasn't even been to see Ash even though I took him off hauling and construction detail. To convey the seriousness of the situation walked into his bedroom this morning and tipped his bed over sending him falling on his ass. He got the point and went right to work.

Sandstone 20
Ash is out of the Hospital but Mestthos is in. He apparently has complications from the injuries he suffered in Murderfarmed. The bones are infected, Randy can immobilize it but not much else. The injury will ultimately kill him, it may be a year or twenty but it will kill him. Ash is fine on the other hand. His shoulder fracture has to heal but he's able to work at his full capacity.

Timber 1
Winter announced it's presence today. The river's frozen along with every source of above ground water. The ravens have returned. They doubt us? They'll regretit. There's too much left to do. The tavern still has no floor and I've yet to finish the noble estate.

Timber 26

I've almost got the perimeter wall finished. At years end I turn control over to Peregarrett. It'll be good for me to relax again. Traders stumbled upon us, we don't have anything to give them but they don't have anything to offer. I traded some hard stone for one of Messthos's old splints. We can use it for mechanisms, maybe with a few cage traps we can catch a bear and train it to guard our stores rather than rob them.

Moonstone 7

Three babies died. Their mother couldn't produce enough milk to feed them. Hostegaard's a bit down about the work order. As the manager he had the pleasure of telling the carpenters we need some baby coffins. Kobold thieves came, they were chased off before they did any damage. The Ravens depart deprived of their meal.

Broseph Stalin

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #55 on: March 11, 2013, 04:43:43 pm »

Moonstone 27

The Noble manors and perimeter wall are finished. I expect they'll be upgraded in the future,. Unfortunately I may not have time to fully furnish them. If my projections are accurate I'll have the tavern floored before the years out. We're out of booze too, luckily we still have the well so it's a problem of luxury rather than life and death. The dregs need to work harder, I think I'll appoint a sheriff to keep the bastards in line. The ravens are back, so are the raccoons. I'm beginning to like these ravens, maybe they are on our side? They always signify bad news on the horizon but it's better to be warned of bad news than surprised by it.

Opal 5
Finally got around to finalizing a trade agreement, I ordered any kind of stone they could bring, some alcohol, and some cow, and dogs.

Opal 25
Tavern is floored, we need more doors and other furniture. I don't want to overwhelm Peregarrett but I can't get everything done in one month.

Obsidian 8

It's cold. It's very cold. The airs too dry for snow but Randy discovered when bringing water to some workers that it's cold enough for water to freeze in the hour it took to get from the well to the work site.  There are some  nice fat turkeys in the distance, I considered sending someone out to bag some wild game for a celebratory feast but ultimately there's too much work. We need constant influx of wood to meet our growing furniture demand.

Obsidian 17

It's time to finish my reign. Helmet says you have to make a speech when you do this. I'm no good at speeches. I'll start writing but what can I say? This is not going to be our worst winter? We are going to bury so many babies? I need to be more optimistic, the noble community is finished. The workers will come to our land to labor but sleep in their own filthy homes. The workers of Murderfarmed are incredibly skilled and apparently very interested in joining with us, our growth should go much quicker soon. 

Obsidian 28
It's done. My reign is at it end. I was refurbishing my house as a prototype for the future of the noble manors.

I'll make sure Peregarret get's these blueprints, A large dining room, small bedroom, and a small study. It's not incredibly lavish but it's nothing to scoff at considering how little we had in the mountains. I should be delivering my speech. No reason to put it off.

Written transcript of the speech delivered by Pogey in the “Unkindness” tavern.

I've never cared much for speaking. I prefer to let my actions speak for themselves. We've done a lot this year. We now have all the basic means of production, in the coming months we must build industries to process the materials we now generate. We welcome our honored friends from Murderfarmed, we are happy to call you our brothers. And to you others, you who come from the mountainhalls, we will accept your presence but you are no kin to us. Be grateful for what we've granted you and keep your eyes down when we approach. My leadership is done now but my rules will remain, we will abide by the code of The Murderous Farm, we shall never return to our subterranean ways. We shall never live communally as we did in the mountainhalls, each man shall have his own roof and his own bed or he shall stay as a guest here in Ash's tavern. Peregarret is your leader now, follow him without question, obey his orders, and never forget the sacrifices we've made to make this possible. And now, a drink for every night we've gone without sleep, a drink for every burden we've had to bear in the name of progress, a drink for wound we've shaken off, and a drink for every man who couldn't be here today.

Sheb

• Bay Watcher
  • You Are An Avatar
    • View Profile
« Reply #56 on: March 11, 2013, 04:49:01 pm »

Oh, and sign me up for a turn.

Quote from: Paul-Henry Spaak
Europe consists only of small countries, some of which know it and some of which don’t yet.

CognitiveDissonance

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #57 on: March 11, 2013, 04:53:09 pm »

I've been really enjoying your writeup Broseph, and I love those schematics. Would you be okay with me throwing some of my own on my dwarf, if I get one?
They don't have to be followed :P (I'd just like them to be)
Come and be amazed by this wonderful menagerie! Draw your own! Bring your favorite! The [Forgotten Beast Art Contest] is open for business!
Now also available - [The Legendary Artifact Art Contest]! It menaces! It has rings! It has craftsdwarfship!
I have a [YouTube] channel! It has Let's Plays and other stuff.

Broseph Stalin

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #59 on: March 11, 2013, 04:59:23 pm »

I've been really enjoying your writeup Broseph, and I love those schematics. Would you be okay with me throwing some of my own on my dwarf, if I get one?
They don't have to be followed :P (I'd just like them to be)
Sure, it's up to the overseer to do the actual building but there's no reason you can't propose a design.
Pages: 1 2 3 [4] 5 6 7