4x4 Standard
- 1 (16.7%)
Long and skinny, cut in half by river
- 2 (33.3%)
Long and skinny, following river.
- 3 (50%)

Total Members Voted: 6

Pages: 1 ... 5 6 [7]

Author Topic: Farmpracticed, A Farming Village Succession Fort (Murderfarmed III)  (Read 9979 times)

Teh_Idort

• Bay Watcher
  • Oi u gobber.
    • View Profile
Re: Farmpracticed, A Farming Village Succession Fort (Murderfarmed III)
« Reply #90 on: April 21, 2013, 06:38:26 pm »

Hi, life problems, can't really play for a while. Sorry to ruin it, I was having quite a bit of fun with it.

Best to start at the last save, I was only a month in.
Treatment status: Success.
Patient status: Deceased.

Broseph Stalin

• Bay Watcher
  • Dabbling Surgeon, Proficient Butcher.
    • View Profile
Re: Farmpracticed, A Farming Village Succession Fort (Murderfarmed III)
« Reply #91 on: April 21, 2013, 07:32:11 pm »

Save goes to whoever wants it.

InfinityWEAPON

• Bay Watcher
  • Not as cool as he thinks he is.
    • View Profile

Man, I forgot all about murderfarmed, I suppose I'll have to go catch up on what I missed.
In the meantime, I suppose I could try failing horribly not doing that, if you don't mind.
The bacon is currently molten, this is a problem.

Broseph Stalin

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile

The saves all yours.

InfinityWEAPON

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile

Journal of 'Infinity' Gusilkeskal, Potter.
1nd Granite, 365

Peregarret came to see me today. The poor guy's been a bit of a mess lately, after the grizzly incident.
Told me the stress was getting to him. Said since I was closest to him at the time, I was in charge.
Shit.

2nd Granite, 365
Well, I've decided that the first thing I'm going to do as overseer is pump up the milita.
Nothing serious, we don't have the numbers for it, but I'll be instituting civilian training soon.
No plans to conscript the whole flock for one last hurrah, just a bit of martial training to help keep everyone safe.
Given the Grizzley demolished semi-professionals, I doubt it'll help to much.

I'm going to go get a drink.

7th Granite, 365
The wall around our camp was finished today.
I do believe I'll be setting up fortifications on top of it.

9th Granite, 365
Pogey finally got around to talking to the liaison today...
I had him order some spears. We're going to need them for our militia.
I would have ordered crossbows as well, but I've decided to leave that to local industry. We could make a pretty Urist exporting them as well...
Food for thought.

10th Granite, 365
Seems I was right not to import crossbows. Zefon, the broker, is in fact a legendary bowyer.
She is also carrying the best axe in the camp. I've been staring daggers her way since I found out.

19th Granite, 365
Apparently, a red panda boar has been scaring the workers away from the fortification site. I would have dealt with it sooner if I hadn't been sleeping off one hell of a bender.
My chest hurts, I think someone punched me while I was drunk. No matter, the boar is dead. Only took two swings.

24th Granite, 365
Zefon came bitching to me about having lost a masterwork. I asked her what it was, she was too hysterical to answer. A shame, no matter how much I dislike her, But I can't do anything about it until she tells me what it was and who did it.
In other news, migrants have arrived. Fourteen healthy, adult dwarves. Some of them are seeming rather upset.
I think we'll need a psychiatrist on site or something.
But this is perfect for the militia. I'll start training once we have the materials for a barracks.

26th Granite, 365
I met with the two depressed dwarves, and asked them about their problems. One, Kulet Mozibastesh, said he lost his pet recently. He is a glassmaker of quite high skill, however, so I suspect that being unable to practice his profession effectively at Farmepracticed contributed to his mood.
The other, Avuz Vukcasingish, mentioned that a friend of his died just before he reached us. I believe that story one hundred percent, the poor guy.

28th Granite, 365
The sudden increase in population has put strain on the tavern's bedding ability. I've redirected materials and manpower from the fortifications to the construction of a few small huts.
Hopefully, they'll be a temporary housing unit for migrants, until we can get proper housing in place.
Hopefully.

OOC, well that was fun. Hopefully I didn't overdo it with the first post, a decent bit happened in that month.
My dwarf really does have some upper body injury, I have no idea how it got there and it wasn't from the boar.

Destra

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile

Please dwarf me as a female something :p don't care what

Broseph Stalin

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile

Some of the migrants from Murderfarmed entered the map injured, you might have been one of them.

InfinityWEAPON

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile

14th Slate, 365
Plans for the barracks are finished, I'm waiting for materials to be freed up to start construction.
I've decided that we'll split the professional military into two groups. One, lead by myself, will focus on melee fighting. Spears and axes, mostly, because they're cheap and easy to use.
The other, lead by a recent immigrant known as Destra will be using crossbows. Destra herself is an astonishingly good archer, so I'm sure they'll be trained well.

16th Slate, 365
One of our dwarves gave birth today, bringing the number of children at the camp up to six.
This also marks the first child in the fort to not be mine or Zefon's child.

27th Slate, 365
Destra picked a fight with a Racoon today. It somehow managed to get into the camp.
It'll make decent meat, though Pogey isn't too happy about it.

3rd Felsite, 365
I'm starting to regret having calling Destra skilled. She spent the last few days attacking the Racoon, ran out of bolts, and left to help out the haulers.
I had to kill it my damn self; leaving it in the state it was in would be cruel.

13th Felsite, 365
Another birth today, bringing the child population of Farmpracticed to seven.
Hooray.

16th Felsite, 365
Construction of the barracks began today. I'll be looking through the various dwarves at my disposal for good recruits starting tomorrow.
I'll also have Zefon build a Bowyer's shop soon, we could use the export.

19th Felsite, 365
The elves arrived to trade today. I'm debating whether or not to kill them and take their things.

25th Felsite, 365
We traded the elves some gold and silver for all the food and drink they carried.
Still debating whether or not to have them executed.

OOC: That's spring finished. Not as much happened this time around, though I did et to watch Destra fail utterly to kill a Raccoon.
Speaking of which, Destra, you got a Master Marksdwarf.

Njals

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile

I'm somewhat a newb but still wanna try a turn. Could you sign me up, please?
Pages: 1 ... 5 6 [7]