Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

Author Topic: "Left is Right" school teaching.  (Read 3182 times)

Jboy2000000

• Bay Watcher
  • Hello good people of the interwebs!
    • View Profile
"Left is Right" school teaching.
« on: February 15, 2013, 12:48:27 pm »

I had the idea for legal money making.
You could have someone go out and teach a political science class, and you gain money based on Teaching and Persuation. While also gaining money, it would also help with liberal mood if done well enough.
"Wanna be a better liberal? Go get shot in the fuckin' face."

Just goes to show, even a Male Doctor that Looks Like a Female and a Criminal with Poor Hygiene Habits can fall in love.

Xaioxaiofan

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
Re: "Left is Right" school teaching.
« Reply #1 on: February 15, 2013, 12:58:58 pm »

Sounds cool, possibly made illegal if free speech is C+? 

BFEL

• Bay Watcher
  • Tail of a stinging scorpion scourge
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: February 15, 2013, 02:35:32 pm »

Not just made illegal at C+ but declared "young mind rape"
7/10 Has much more memorable sigs but casts them to the realm of sigtexts.

Indeed, I do this.

Cheedows

• Bay Watcher
  • Still a dwarf, right?
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: February 15, 2013, 08:48:17 pm »

Yes!  I always found that LEGAL ways of making money makes it almost impossible to have sufficient funds.  Obviously not as effective as illegal ways, but maybe a little more than donations and street jobs.

Xaioxaiofan

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: February 15, 2013, 09:45:48 pm »

I see this as being either a really good public opinion activity with income on par with other legal fundraising OR a solid source of funds with some public opinion effect. If the laws are C+ it could be still an option but have risk and a little more reward.

mainiac

• Bay Watcher
  • Na vazeal kwah-kai
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: February 16, 2013, 12:45:13 am »

"Corrupting the youth and impiety" might be a less graphic charge.
Ancient Babylonian god of RAEG
--------------
[CAN_INTERNET]
[PREFSTRING:google]
"Don't tell me what you value. Show me your budget and I will tell you what you value"
« Last Edit: February 10, 1988, 03:27:23 pm by UR MOM »
mainiac is always a little sarcastic, at least.

Jboy2000000

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #6 on: February 16, 2013, 03:01:22 am »

"Corrupting the youth and impiety" might be a less graphic charge.
Well, the idea is under "Legal" fund raiser, so I think it should be, well, legal. I think the Free Speech law shouldn't effect it. I think free speech only effects acts that speak against people and/or the conservitives.

Just goes to show, even a Male Doctor that Looks Like a Female and a Criminal with Poor Hygiene Habits can fall in love.

Xaioxaiofan

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #7 on: February 16, 2013, 03:53:30 am »

Well, the idea is under "Legal" fund raiser, so I think it should be, well, legal. I think the Free Speech law shouldn't effect it. I think free speech only effects acts that speak against people and/or the conservatives.

If the income and public effect are around the same as the other legal methods of making money it would be fine, but if it had a significant effect on liberal mood it would overshadow the "Solicit Donations" method (Based on persuasion also) making "Teach political science" an overall better option. This is, of course, my opinion and as I didn't think up the idea I can't really say much. The overall idea is awesome though.

Jboy2000000

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #8 on: February 16, 2013, 04:11:38 am »

Well, the idea is under "Legal" fund raiser, so I think it should be, well, legal. I think the Free Speech law shouldn't effect it. I think free speech only effects acts that speak against people and/or the conservatives.

If the income and public effect are around the same as the other legal methods of making money it would be fine, but if it had a significant effect on liberal mood it would overshadow the "Solicit Donations" method (Based on persuasion also) making "Teach political science" an overall better option. This is, of course, my opinion and as I didn't think up the idea I can't really say much. The overall idea is awesome though.
Well, I think donations would be better for raising persuation, but the other option also depends on Teaching, which you can only get a small amount of at the begining, and you need to have a high amount of both to effect the mood to much. So to really effect the mood early on, you would need to spend a large amounr of money, probably needing to choose the 1000$ and car/AK option, and spend it all on teaching classes to effect things.

Xaioxaiofan

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #9 on: February 16, 2013, 04:39:50 am »

Well, I think donations would be better for raising persuation, but the other option also depends on Teaching, which you can only get a small amount of at the begining, and you need to have a high amount of both to effect the mood to much. So to really effect the mood early on, you would need to spend a large amounr of money, probably needing to choose the 1000$ and car/AK option, and spend it all on teaching classes to effect things.
When you put it that way... Sounds great, with good late-game use, when you have a high leveled teacher.

Jboy2000000

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #10 on: February 16, 2013, 04:43:30 am »

When you put it that way... Sounds great, with good late-game use, when you have a high leveled teacher.
When even then you'd need to do something to raise their persuation, because most Teachers don't have much persuation when you first recruit them.